New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: GitP Regulars As Subclasses

Quote Originally Posted by Wartex1 View Post
    Circle of the Elemental Planes
    Druids of the Circle of the Elemental Planes are quite academic like Wizards, focusing on the nature of the cosmos. However, they draw from the natural power of each Plane, safeguarding the connection with the Material Plane. Created by Archdruid Belac, the Circle will defend nature by ensuring the stability of its founding forces.

Elemental Cantrips
    When you join this Circle, you may learn 2 of the following cantrips: Create Bonfire, Mold Earth, Gust, and Shape Water. The basic fundamentals of each element are necessary for Druids of this Circle to understand.

Elemental Call
    In addition to Elemental Cantrips, you gain a particular ability to summon Mephits without spellcasting. By expending a single use of your Wildshape, you may conjure a single Mephit of any type to aid you. The Mephit will follow your orders directly to match your purpose and will stay for up to the duration of your Wildshape or until its Hit Points reach 0. The number of Mephits you can summon with this feature at a time is equal to your Druid Level divided by three, rounded down.

Elemental Adaptation
    When you reach 6th level, your understanding of the elements have grown to the degree that you are able to adapt to the elements present. You gain a swim speed and climbing speed equal to your land speed, you take no damage from non-magical fires, and you are not impeded by strong winds.

Elemental Power
    At 10th level, your understanding has increased the strength of elements you control. You may add your Proficiency Bonus to the damage dealt by any spell associated with one of the Four Elements, such as Fireball or Tsunami.

Elemental Swarm
    At 14th level, your understanding has further developed your communion with the Elemental Planes. Mephits conjured with your Elemental Call feature will actively protect you in battle. When you are targeted by an attack, any Mephit within 5 feet of you can use its reaction to redirect the attack towards itself. In addition, Mephits under your command gain a bonus to AC equal to the number of different kinds of Mephits you control, up to a bonus of +6.

Author's Notes: I was completely unsure of what I was doing as I made this. I feel like it may be a bit overpowered at early levels and at late levels, but sorta "meh" inbetween.
    I don't know you as homebrewer but this is just AMAZING. ONly thing I see that Elemental Swarm could better be max. wisdom modifier or something to not make it too strong.

2. - Top - End - #152

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Wartex1 View Post
    Circle of the Elemental Planes
    Druids of the Circle of the Elemental Planes are quite academic like Wizards, focusing on the nature of the cosmos. However, they draw from the natural power of each Plane, safeguarding the connection with the Material Plane. Created by Archdruid Belac, the Circle will defend nature by ensuring the stability of its founding forces.

Elemental Cantrips
    When you join this Circle, you may learn 2 of the following cantrips: Create Bonfire, Mold Earth, Gust, and Shape Water. The basic fundamentals of each element are necessary for Druids of this Circle to understand.

Elemental Call
    In addition to Elemental Cantrips, you gain a particular ability to summon Mephits without spellcasting. By expending a single use of your Wildshape, you may conjure a single Mephit of any type to aid you. The Mephit will follow your orders directly to match your purpose and will stay for up to the duration of your Wildshape or until its Hit Points reach 0. The number of Mephits you can summon with this feature at a time is equal to your Druid Level divided by three, rounded down.

Elemental Adaptation
    When you reach 6th level, your understanding of the elements have grown to the degree that you are able to adapt to the elements present. You gain a swim speed and climbing speed equal to your land speed, you take no damage from non-magical fires, and you are not impeded by strong winds.

Elemental Power
    At 10th level, your understanding has increased the strength of elements you control. You may add your Proficiency Bonus to the damage dealt by any spell associated with one of the Four Elements, such as Fireball or Tsunami.

Elemental Swarm
    At 14th level, your understanding has further developed your communion with the Elemental Planes. Mephits conjured with your Elemental Call feature will actively protect you in battle. When you are targeted by an attack, any Mephit within 5 feet of you can use its reaction to redirect the attack towards itself. In addition, Mephits under your command gain a bonus to AC equal to the number of different kinds of Mephits you control, up to a bonus of +6.
    Thank you so much. This is awesome, and seems well balanced.

3. - Top - End - #153

Daemon

Some Mephits might be overpowered at 2nd level, so maybe limit it the CR 1/4 Mephits until you reach 4th level if you use it in a game.
    DMs only roll dice for the sound they make

4. - Top - End - #154

Imp

I would probably make summoning them have the same CR restrictions as wild shape.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

These are awesome :o

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know how to create it but can anyone create a warlock patron called oath where warlock takes paladin oath to help someone yet still continues his own path of dark power

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    I don't know how to create it but can anyone create a warlock patron called oath where warlock takes paladin oath to help someone yet still continues his own path of dark power
    Isn't that the definition of an oathbreaker paladin / fiend-pact warlock multiclass? Besides, this isn't the 'request a homebrew' thread.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

8. - Top - End - #158
    Colossus in the Playground

Circle of the Ancients (OldTrees/TwelveTrees)
    The Circle of the Ancients are emissaries of the fey and spokesmen for Nature. They safeguard the wilds and serve as the hand and voice of the trees and other life which cannot speak for itself. As a member of this Circle, your bond with nature is your greatest strength.

Animal Companion
    You add find familiar to your druid spell list when you enter this Circle at second level. Your familiar is always a fey creature, but may have the form and statistics any animal of CR 1 or less as your familiar, and you may expend your own action to let it take an attack action as its bonus action in addition to the other familiar abilities. You can shorten the casting time of the spell to one action by expending a use of Wild Shape when you cast it. At 6th level, the maximum CR of your familiar increases to 1/3 your druid level (round down).

Wild Empathy
    Starting at 6th level, you can speak the language of any animal Charmed by you, and can instinctively converse with them in a manner which gets across even complex concepts. Any abilities which allow you to speak with or understand plants and plant creatures come with a similar level of instinctive communication and understanding. You also hear in the whisper of the trees warnings as to danger: while within 10 ft. per druid level of a tree, you cannot be surprised.

Dryadic Communion
    When you reach 10th level, you can expend a use of Wild Shape to transform into a tree. You take root where you stand and grow to be a tree with a trunk at least large enough to contain you, of a sort suited to the environment you're in. Particularly harsh environments will not prevent the use of this power, but will result in trees that are practically dead and particularly twisted and weathered. While in this form, you can perceive normally with your own senses from any direction, or through the senses of your familiar. When it ends, you step out of the tree, leaving it in place behind you. Druids of this Circle sometimes use this to replant forests that have been despoiled. Once during the duration of this use of Wild Shape, you may cast tree stride without expending a spell slot nor needing to have it prepared. This instantly ends the use of Wild Shape as you step out of the target tree. Being in tree form does not prevent you from using this specific, special ability to cast tree stride.

In addition, at this level, you add your proficiency bonus to the AC granted by barkskin.

Ancient Protectors
    At 14th level, you gain the ability to expend a 7th level or higher spell slot to choose up to twelve trees within 100 feet of you. These trees act as if you had cast awaken upon them for as long as you concentrate. It requires your action to give a command to one or all of them, which they will follow as if they were an extension of your own body. Once you have used this ability, you cannot use it again until you have taken a long rest.
    Last edited by Segev; 2016-02-25 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Clarified that tree stride can be cast while still a tree.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    The Circle of the Ancients are emissaries of the fey and spokesmen for Nature. They safeguard the wilds and serve as the hand and voice of the trees and other life which cannot speak for itself. As a member of this Circle, your bond with nature is your greatest strength.

Animal Companion
    You add find familiar to your druid spell list when you enter this Circle at second level. Your familiar is always a fey creature, but may have the form and statistics any animal of CR 1 or less as your familiar, and you may expend your own action to let it take an attack action as its bonus action in addition to the other familiar abilities. You can shorten the casting time of the spell to one action by expending a use of Wild Shape when you cast it. At 6th level, the maximum CR of your familiar increases to 1/3 your druid level (round down).

Wild Empathy
    Starting at 6th level, you can speak the language of any animal Charmed by you, and can instinctively converse with them in a manner which gets across even complex concepts. Any abilities which allow you to speak with or understand plants and plant creatures come with a similar level of instinctive communication and understanding. You also hear in the whisper of the trees warnings as to danger: while within 10 ft. per druid level of a tree, you cannot be surprised.

Dryadic Communion
    When you reach 10th level, you can expend a use of Wild Shape to transform into a tree. You take root where you stand and grow to be a tree with a
    trunk at least large enough to contain you, of a sort suited to the environment you're in. Particularly harsh environments will not prevent the
    use of this power, but will result in trees that are practically dead and particularly twisted and weathered. While in this form, you can perceive
    normally with your own senses from any direction, or through the senses of your familiar. When it ends, you step out of the tree, leaving it in
    place behind you. Once during the duration of this use of Wild Shape, you may cast tree stride without expending a spell slot nor needing to have it prepared. This instantly ends the use of Wild Shape as you step out of the target tree.

In addition, at this level, you add your proficiency bonus to the AC granted by barkskin.

Ancient Protectors
    At 14th level, you gain the ability to expend a 7th level or higher spell slot to choose up to twelve trees within 100 feet of you. These trees act as if you had cast awaken upon them for as long as you concentrate. It requires your action to give a command to one or all of them, which they will follow as if they were an extension of your own body. Once you have used this ability, you cannot use it again until you have taken a long rest.
    Nice! I really like the depth of the empathy in Wild Empathy

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

I've been really sick for two weeks, just got the strength and the head to reply. For me, a Domain for worshippers of Cyric. Something that revolves around chaos, deception and death.
    Gnome Wizard by DarkCorax

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

I like it. Actually turning into a tree is a nice touch.

12. - Top - End - #162

Glad you guys like it. The tree thing makes for a good short-rest and even long-rest form, and also leaves trees behind so you can spread your forest domain. The Empathy's depth, as OldTrees put it, is mainly because I get tired of having to figure out what you "really" can do with things like speak with animals. "That's too complicated" is subjective. So this fixes it for a specialized druid who should be in deep communion with the wilds.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Glad you guys like it. The tree thing makes for a good short-rest and even long-rest form, and also leaves trees behind so you can spread your forest domain. The Empathy's depth, as OldTrees put it, is mainly because I get tired of having to figure out what you "really" can do with things like speak with animals. "That's too complicated" is subjective. So this fixes it for a specialized druid who should be in deep communion with the wilds.
    O.O The leaving a tree behind when the wild shape ended was not obvious to me. Perhaps tweak the wording to make that important effect clearer?

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by OldTrees1 View Post
    O.O The leaving a tree behind when the wild shape ended was not obvious to me. Perhaps tweak the wording to make that important effect clearer?
    Hm. I wasn't sure how to make it clearer with a rewording, so I added a sentence noting that druids of this Circle sometimes use it to replant forests. That hopefully will help get the point across. Sorry it was unclear!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hm. I wasn't sure how to make it clearer with a rewording, so I added a sentence noting that druids of this Circle sometimes use it to replant forests. That hopefully will help get the point across. Sorry it was unclear!
    That is a good solution.

The reforestation use is really neat!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dryadic Communion also allows a druid to carry the war to the encroaching human farmers - very slowly, but an elven druid has time.

I've thought that elves who wanted to reclaim land taken by farmers might very well use ankheg eggs and so on - rather than nasty brutish war, just make farms on the edge of the forest unusable and use Druidic magic to extend the forest back "where it belongs".
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

17. - Top - End - #167

Since it's keyed off of Wild Shape, it's recharged on a short rest, too. So a dedicated Ancient Circle druid could turn into a tree, step out, turn into a tree, wait an hour as a tree (for a short rest), step out, turn into a tree, step out, turn into a tree, wait an hour as a tree...

So roughly 2 trees per hour.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Since it's keyed off of Wild Shape, it's recharged on a short rest, too. So a dedicated Ancient Circle druid could turn into a tree, step out, turn into a tree, wait an hour as a tree (for a short rest), step out, turn into a tree, step out, turn into a tree, wait an hour as a tree...

So roughly 2 trees per hour.
    Unless you optimize s**t out of wildshape to do more

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Unless you optimize s**t out of wildshape to do more
    Please, elaborate on your method given the we have the class and archetype locked in and there are zero spells or feats that improve wildshape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'm not sure if my reply was noticed, but I give/gave my permission to brew me into a subclass if someone wants to.
    Please be mindful of what you say in public; sadly not all can handle sarcasm or The Internet Credibility.
    My Homebrew:
    Base Class: Warlord | Roguish Archetype: Inquisitor | Roguish Archetype: Thug | Primal Path: Rage Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Anon von Zilch View Post
    Words actually mean things, people!

Ongoing game & character:
    Sajan Uttam, human Monk 6/Fist of Irori 3 (Legacy of Fire)

D&D/Pathfinder CV of sorts
    3.0 since 2002
    3.5 since 2003
    4e since 2008
    Pathfinder 1e since 2008
    5e since 2014

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

This is a pretty sweet thread, unfortunately I'm a person who mainly lurks, but should anyone feel inspired for whatever reason they have permission to subclass me.

22. - Top - End - #172

DwarfClericGuy

Are people still making subclasses for this? I should come up with one but building my own system so bit too busy.

And Ninja_Prawn, I put your subclass in my signature :D

23. - Top - End - #173

Fell Bloodline (Red Fel)
    Whether the scion of a dark pact or descended from a terrible fiend, ichorous blood runs through your veins and the seductive powers of Hell empower you with potent magical talents.

Devilish Charm
    At first level, when you choose this bloodline, your enchantments benefit from your insidiously persuasive talents. Even if the spells say otherwise, no creature upon which you use Enchantment spells will become aware that they were so affected on their own. This does not prevent you or a third party from pointing it out, but they must be persuaded that it is so, as they will never feel it, even after the fact.

Exact Words
    The devil is in the details, and as long as you are not technically lying, it is very hard for others to see through your deceptions. At first level, when you choose this bloodline, you may add your proficiency bonus to Deception rolls when everything you said was technically true, no matter how false the implications you intimate. This does mean you add your proficiency bonus twice if you are already proficient in Deception.

Fiendish Resilience
    At 6th level, your fell bloodline allows yout to bolster your mortal form against the ravages of hellish environs. When in any layer of the plane of Hell, you and those Charmed by you are unaffected by environmental hazards that would inflict acid, cold, or fire damage. This does not offer protection outside of Hell, nor at all against direct attacks. However, you may spend 1 SP as a reaction to grant yourself resistance to one of those damage types (your choice each time you activate this power) for one round. You may spend multiple SP as part of the same reaction to gain resistance to multiple types. You may designate any number of creatures Charmed by you to share in this resistance for the same duration.

Patronage
    When you reach 14th level, your talents for getting people what they want extend to granting them a portion of your power. You may stipulate any services, geasa, or taboos they must observe in return, and they must willingly agree. Touching this willing creature, you spend a number of SP equal to the level of a spell you know. Your SP maximum is reduced by this amount, and the subject gains a spell slot of that spell's level, as well as the ability to cast that spell. The spell slot is replenished after the creature takes a short rest. This does not impede your ability to use the spell, yourself. The subject is Charmed by you for as long as these SP remain invested. You know each time the creature uses the spell, and get a glimpse of him and his situation (which you may ignore if you would find it distracting). You receive a similar knowledge and glimpse should he violate the agreement he made when you became his patron.

The subject retains the ability to cast the spell as described until you rescind the SP. Any consequences of his casting the spell fall upon him, and he must provide all components. You can rescind the SP from any distance as an action on your turn, even across planes. Doing so immediately causes him to lose access to the spell and its accompanying spell slot, and raises your SP maximum by the level of that spell and restores those SP to your pool. You cannot, however, rescind the SP until the agreement is fulfilled, or the subject violates said agreement. If you grant a knight the ability to cast fly until he slays the dragon who kidnapped his fair maiden with the required service of actually performing said killing, you cannot rescind the SP until he either succeeds in killing the dragon, or gives up his quest/chooses not to kill the dragon.

You may serve as patron to as many creatures as you like, so long as you have sufficient SP to devote, but you can only grant any one spell to one creature at a time. If you grant charm person to a milkmaid who wishes to seduce a prince, you cannot also grant it to a baron seeking to convince a miller to sell him his mill until you take it back from her. Though you could instead grant the baron dominate person.

The Soul's Price
    At 18th level, the power of your Charm is such that it binds the souls of your "friends" to your service in this world. When a creature Charmed by you is reduced to 0 hit points, it is immediately polymorphed into a fiend of CR equal to or less than his own. (Use character level in place of CR if needs be.) The creature's game statistics are wholly replaced by those of the fiend, and it is loyal and obedient to you as long as the Charm effect remains. When the Charm effect ends, the creature may choose to remain a fiend and be banished to Hell, or to revert to its own form, at 0 hp, and begin making saving throws vs. death. If the fiend is reduced to 0 hp before the Charm ends, it reverts to its original form at 0 hp anyway, and begins making saving throws vs. death.
    Last edited by Segev; 2016-04-01 at 03:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Fell Bloodline
    Who is this for? Red Fel?
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Who is this for? Red Fel?
    Yeah, sorry. Forgot that label.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Fell Bloodline (Red Fel)
    Whether the scion of a dark pact or descended from a terrible fiend, ichorous blood runs through your veins and the seductive powers of Hell empower you with potent magical talents.
    I don't know 5e stuff, but this looks awesome! Thanks!
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I don't know 5e stuff, but this looks awesome! Thanks!
    agreed with archfiend

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

patronage should probably more clearly state that you either lower your max SP or at least don't gain those SP back on a short rest. i'd say it is implied, but at present you could (for example) grant out your entire spell list to random people over the course of some downtime, with the deal lasting "until you decide otherwise", you could then start calling your SP back to get far more SP than you should have in a day. if you grant those people the spell in a 9th level spell slot each (regardless of whether having the spell in a 9th level slot does anything beneficial or not), you would then have 9 x 15 = 135 SP you could take back in a single day.

also, any spell they want from your list on a short rest is likely to prove fairly broken. not so much for something like fireball or enhance attribute (although that is still really strong), but it could get pretty danged ridiculous for something like mass suggestion, wish, finger of death, and probably a few others.

so, i'd suggest capping it at no more than your regular maximum SP at a time, and making it clear you don't recover the SP on a long rest while it is invested. also, the spell they gain should probably either be from a more limited list (possibly just cap it at level 5 - that would go a long ways towards making it less likely to cause problems) or be 1/long rest, or both.

for the soul's price, it probably needs an SP cost and to use up your reaction. if your level 18 buddy drops and you get a CR 18 fiend, that's... well, it's quite strong.

(one thing i would also do is probably give this bloodline the geas spell as a bloodline power).

but definitely, this is a really interesting bloodline. i have to say, i like it a lot more than any other bloodline i've seen...

29. - Top - End - #179

I thought I had it explicitly lower your maximum SP while somebody is benefiting from your patronage. If not, I will add it in. (On my phone at the car wash right now. )

It does pose a danger, since short rest is stronger than long. I am not sure 1/day is not too weak, though.

I tried to avoid using geas because this edition's version is...bad. To read it as actually enforcing its dictates requires a very strained reading.

30. - Top - End - #180

Okay, current wording says that "Your SP maximum is reduced by this amount." How would you change that to make it clearer? (I'm asking because I'm drawing a blank.)