New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Demotivators X: X Never marks the spot

Quote Originally Posted by Cluedrew View Post
    To Morph Bark: Kill Six Billion Demons; I'm not quite sure how to describe it, so just go give it a shot.
    Over-the-top Exaltedesque action combined with horrifying monsters, philosophy, theology and lots of humor? I can't really get any closer than that.

The comic may be very confusing at first, but don't give up: keep reading. Eventually it should start to make sense, especially if you go and re-read it.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

A new Junkyard Wars round is up! Come join Weapon Bond + Weapon Specialization - Fighter!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Over-the-top Exaltedesque action combined with horrifying monsters, philosophy, theology and lots of humor? I can't really get any closer than that.
    It's getting thrown into a game of Exalted from the eyes of a newcomer, basically. Wildly different cultures, exceedingly powerful beings on different tiers from one another, complex motivations, over the top action, and theology critical to the existence of the setting thrown into a blender and served with a protagonist who has power without understanding. It's just about the most Exalted thing ever created outside a sourcebook.

I highly recommend it, as it has some gorgeous artwork and creativity in every page.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

In particular, the philosophy stems from a combination of Buddhism, Hinduism, Gnosticism, and Nihilism getting thrown into an extra-universal cosmopolitan setting.
    Last edited by dramatic flare; 2016-10-07 at 02:36 AM.
    "I speak with a voice that will never move others, I speak with a passion that will never be heard." - Kreia, KOTOR II

"I must remind them of the drama of it all." - V, V for Vendetta

Well, what's it goin' tae be, lads? Shall ay fid'le th' fid'le er fid'le yer innards?

Spoiler: GitP published Homebrew
    Show
    WARPATHS (PEACH, WIPish): Pathfinder centered martial class boost

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

I've read the entire comic and have no idea what is going on. So glad I don't have to take tests on Theology.

Technically not a demotivator, but have a comic on a classic DnD joke.
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-10-07 at 09:54 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    I've read the entire comic and have no idea what is going on. So glad I don't have to take tests on Theology.

Someone posts a great D&D joke, and half the imgur comments are about the 'absurdly diverse' group of players. I'm not sure what to say.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-10-07 at 10:55 AM.

A new Junkyard Wars round is up! Come join Weapon Bond + Weapon Specialization - Fighter!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Someone posts a great D&D joke, and half the imgur comments are about the 'absurdly diverse' group of players. I'm not sure what to say.
    I believe that's because it is an absurdly diverse group. Even if its possible to have a group that diverse, since it's a comic it seems like the artist was making a point of being a diverse group, which reduces its believability. It seems disingenuous, regardless if the group and events depicted are completely factual or not.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    I believe that's because it is an absurdly diverse group. Even if its possible to have a group that diverse, since it's a comic it seems like the artist was making a point of being a diverse group, which reduces its believability. It seems disingenuous, regardless if the group and events depicted are completely factual or not.
    'Absurdly diverse' seems a bit strong. 'Improbably', perhaps.
    Personally, I think it's generally a good idea to steer away from the general image that only white dudes play D&D wherever possible.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

From the comments, I think that it's based on the artist's actual group. I found the comments quite amusing, regardless.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    From the comments, I think that it's based on the artist's actual group. I found the comments quite amusing, regardless.
    This. There's often better reasons for remarkable situations than 'the author did it purposefully for no reason'.

Sure, not all group makeups are equally likely, but that's no reason to call it out. If the players were all bearded dudes, would someone be remarking that it's statistically unlikely for a group to consist solely of unshaven people?
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-10-07 at 03:07 PM.

Extended signature!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Easily possible, especially if you're a student at an international college or at an American university in a city like LA or NY. I live in a relatively small city in Europe and have played with prettymuch this exact group.

The comic may be very confusing at first, but don't give up: keep reading. Eventually it should start to make sense, especially if you go and re-read it.
    Sounds like it's right up my alley, I'll give it a shot. Ever since the indefinite hiatus of Keychain of Creation, I've been on the lookout for another Exalted comic, but never found one on my own.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    'Absurdly diverse' seems a bit strong. 'Improbably', perhaps.
    Personally, I think it's generally a good idea to steer away from the general image that only white dudes play D&D wherever possible.
    Plus, Imgur users often have a hatred of anything that looks like it might possibly be related to Tumblr. Except when it's actual tumblr conversations screenshotted and reposted.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    You know what we need here?

Spoiler: MOAR DEMOTIVATORS!
    Show

I'll confirm a crit eventually! Just you wait! I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground

In a final bout of irony, upon going to the comments section, I see more people complaining about people complaining about the diversity.
    The cycle is now complete.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

14. - Top - End - #284

PaladinGuy

Demotivator ahoy!
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by GreyStormcrow; 2016-10-08 at 12:22 PM.
    Wasing not of wasing is.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Sounds like it's right up my alley, I'll give it a shot. Ever since the indefinite hiatus of Keychain of Creation, I've been on the lookout for another Exalted comic, but never found one on my own.
    If you just want to see more of Jukashi's stuff they have been posting stuff on TGchan fairly recently.

Mostly "Will of the Undermind", "Lunar Quest", and "Polokoa Quest".
    The last one is an AU of "Asteroid Quest"/"Polo Quest".

Also;
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

Kill! Six! Billion! Demons!
    Thanks for sharing those, and to everyone else that recommended K6BD. I've read right through the archive this weekend and it was amazing. The desire for MORE, NOW is strong.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Thanks for sharing those, and to everyone else that recommended K6BD. I've read right through the archive this weekend and it was amazing. The desire for MORE, NOW is strong.
    There's the author's tumblr if you want some side material.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-10-09 at 04:38 AM.

Extended signature!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

It's really, really not. I live in Hawaii and my usual group is so diverse that I'm not sure what race some of them are aside from 'vaguely brownish.' We have an obese black guy, a couple Filipinos, an 8-year-old girl . . .
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

19. - Top - End - #289
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GuesssWho View Post
    It's really, really not. I live in Hawaii and my usual group is so diverse that I'm not sure what race some of them are aside from 'vaguely brownish.' We have an obese black guy, a couple Filipinos, an 8-year-old girl . . .
    I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Hawaii statistically doesn't have a majority, or was that talking about a particular island.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GorinichSerpant View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Hawaii statistically doesn't have a majority, or was that talking about a particular island.
    LOL yeah, that sounds about right.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Trying out the new Brawl, have to say I'm disappointed. Mostly at the hero selection. I get the practical limits that brought it about (saving time on recording lines), but all of the characters available are 'aim needed' characters*, while I'll admit aim is probably my main weak point.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Trying out the new Brawl, have to say I'm disappointed. Mostly at the hero selection. I get the practical limits that brought it about (saving time on recording lines), but all of the characters available are 'aim needed' characters*, while I'll admit aim is probably my main weak point.
    That's the point. A fair number of characters would rock the Brawl so hard. Bastion, Torbjorn, Symmetra, any Tank (except Zarya) and Reaper would wreck house and make it trivial.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Why the heck was that post in this thread? Think i screwed up.

Anyway, paying some taxes. Don't feel like going through the effort of actually making these, so enjoy images and text seperately:
    Spoiler: Improvised Demotivators Ahoy!
    Show

Live My Nightmare
    Be careful who you're watching.

Familiars
    Quite able to bond over the immense foolishness of their masters

Sorry Roy
    Yours must have been defective.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's time for some 40K demotivators.
    Spoiler: None of these are mine
    Show

Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think it's time for some 40K demotivators.
    I think "XP-rich environment" is my new favorite euphemism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not called common because the sense is common, it's called common because it's about common things.
    Homebrew Extended Signature!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Just wonderful!
    Kudos to the author, artist and to you for finding and sharing it.

Suggestions for using the last panel as a demotivator:

"Successful Charisma checks.
    Results may vary".
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Good one. Is this part of a larger comic?

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    Good one. Is this part of a larger comic?
    I don't think so. It's been reposted on imgur a few times, but this seems to be the source.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Have a demotivator on something we all hate.

Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Heres one for Pokemon Sun and Moon (theres a Spoiler here)

Spoiler: Meme
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel