New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords, Part I: Burnt Offerings [IC]

Caedmon will draw sword and shield and remain in his defensive stance. "I don't mind being in the front. I can take a hell of a beating."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Good point. Mee, PSinger, in addition to noting any preps, let me know what you have in hand.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose will draw her staff from where it is strapped to her back, and use it like a walking stick, one handed. She also adopts her Elemental Nimbus Stance. Rellin keeps behind the martially focused of the party and keeps alert.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Celiss looks at whatever this stance is that Rose has adopted. What's it like?
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

For the most part, Rose's stance is an offensive combat stance, but a close inspection shows a hint of fire magic sparking around her, almost like it was waiting to ignite.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

"I noticed interesting maneuvers before, and now I see your stance," remarks Nightrom. "I'd be interested in talking with you about the martial arts some time."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Conversation being brought to Interactive (so that it can be used)

8. - Top - End - #128

Celiss ... what do you do/ command? Go around the outside? Knock on the stockade door? Pray for rain?

Any suggestions from anyone else?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Celiss isn't waiting for a committee. We'll walk the circuit, heading clockwise from south to west to north and back around.

Shalelu will have point.
    (10' gap)
    Kurgol next.
    Caedmon.
    Rellin
    Rose
    Celiss.
    Current Games

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin has no complaints about the order. He's here to provide magical support, not make plans. Rose likewise doesn't mind.

11. - Top - End - #131

The party begins to creep along. Shalelu peers around the corner to the northwest, listening to a bunch of yipping around the corner. Well, it seems that she wasn't as stealthy as she thought might be as she makes that jump a person makes when they have been noticed.

R1T22: Kurgol runs right in front of Shalelu to give the archer a bulwark and he seems to take a second of concentration.

R1T19: A dog comes tearing around the corner, but it's face has the same flat nose, beady eyes, and protruding teeth as a rat. With those same terrible incisor it bites into Kurgol's right foot for 9 (max).

R1T18: Rose, what do you do?You recognize the rat-dog as a goblin dog.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is a bizarre type of canine, though it is a natural animal, commonly found among goblins. Except goblins, most creatures are severely allergic to a goblin dog's dander.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose will close in on the Rat-Dog (Chihuahua? XD) and spin kick it, her foot catching fire for a brief moment as it attempts to spread onto the attacker.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move to close in on the Goblin Dog (Hereby renamed chihuahua.)
    Standard action: Variable Flux strike

Attack roll (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage (1d3)[1] Plus 4 Fire Damage from her Elemental Nimbus Stance
    If successful, Chihuahua must make a Reflex save DC 15 or catch fire.

13. - Top - End - #133

R1T18: Rose closes in on the chihauhua and gives it a spinning kick, her foot on fire during her turn as she clips it for 1 + 4 fire. With that maneuver, Rose feels her energy grow within her and she is struck with a bit of inspiration as the very arcane essence of fire roils under limbs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Animus Pool and Defensive Combat now active. Spark strike granted.

Elemental nimbus simply does fire damage. Fire damage does not automatically assume the chance to cause fire in the same manner as alchemist's fire or a fire elemental's slam.

R1T17: Another chihuahua comes around the corner and opens itself terribly as it tries to bite Rose and she instinctively goes to trip it but it barely (4 legs) manages to keep its footing.

R1T16: A goblin appears from around the corner and shoots at Kurgol, but something deflects the arrow.

R1T15: Rellin, what do you do?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin holds up his hand, and with a quick gesture, a light blue light enveloping his ring, and the same color of energy enveloping the Goblin. The goblins movements seem to slow while it is wrapped in the aura, which Rellin seems intent on maintaining.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Rellin will cast Slow on the Goblin, and maintain it through concentration. DC 16 Will save to negate, or else the Goblin will only be able to take a Move or a Standard action on his turn.

15. - Top - End - #135

R1T15: Rellin holds up his hand, and with a quick gesture, a light blue light enveloping his ring, and the same color of energy enveloping the Goblin. The goblins movements seem to slow while it is wrapped in the aura, which Rellin seems intent on maintaining.

R1T14: Caedmon, what do you do?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136

Caedmon marched to the new chihuahua that attempted to bite Rose. With sword and shield already drawn, the young man attempts a quick strike at the small creature.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to initiate snapping strike.
    Attack 1:(1d20+7)[25]
    Damage :(1d8+4)[6]
    Snapping strike damage if attack successful [roll]1d6 [/roll]

17. - Top - End - #137

R1T14: Caedmon marches right up behind Rose. Unfortunately, the traversable part of the path is only 10' wide, and since goblin dogs are directly in front of Kurgol and Rose (the front rank) and they haven't dropped anything, Caedmon can't attack right now. However, he readies himself to jump into an open spot as soon as one or the other drops one (though the young man hopes the one in front of Rose drops so he can be valiant).

R1T13: Whooping and yelling is heard from around the corner from several goblin voices. One comes around the corner and sees the strange event and shoots/ misses an arrow at Rellin.

R1T10: Shalelu moves up for better positioning, standing right next to Rellin, and she shoots an arrow into the chest of the first archer goblin for 11, disabling him.

R1T9: Celiss, what do you do? As with Celiss, you can't get through that front line to an enemy.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing the sounds of what might be a protracted battle with voices around the corner and an obvious alarm, Celiss pulls on the chronal strings surrounding herself and her companions to do the opposite of what Rellin is obviously doing to the goblin warrior. She casts her spell, and the world seems to slow around the heroes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celiss casts haste.
    Current Games

19. - Top - End - #139

R1T9: Hearing the sounds of what might be a protracted battle with voices around the corner and an obvious alarm, Celiss pulls on the temporal strings surrounding herself and her companions to do the opposite of what Rellin is obviously doing to the goblin warrior. She casts her spell, and the world seems to slow around the heroes [except Rellin].

R1T8-4: The sounds of more yipping goblin dogs is heard.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T22-21: Kurgol takes out a special-looking type of handaxe and hits the goblin dog, dropping it. Caedmon leaps into the space of the fallen goblin dog, facing (from the side) the goblin dog that is facing Rose.

R2T18: Rose, you have a goblin dog right in front of you. Kurgol is to your right. Celiss is forward-right. There is a goblin archer behind the goblin dog; this archer is staggered by Rellin's time power. Your left is brambles and the like on the side of Thistletop (before the drop to the Gulf of Varisia). What do you do?

Rose's goblin dog opponent on deck, disabled goblin on deck ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose will pull her fist back, letting it catch on fire once more, and with a solid swing, hit the Chihuahua in the head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Initiate Spark Strike. I'll augment it with one point of Animus to 3d4, and a separate point (augmenting from the Animus class feature has its own cap separate from the Elemental Flux maneuvers augments) for +2 to hit.

Attack roll (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage (1d3)[2] +4 fire from Elemental Nimbus, plus (3d4)[7] fire from Spark Strike

21. - Top - End - #141

R2T18: Rose will pulls back her fist, letting it catch on fire once more, and with a solid swing she hits the Chihuahua in the head for 2 + 11 fire, disabling the pooch. After this, she gets a hint of inspiration for fast striking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flurry strike granted.

R2T17: Out of instinct, the dog snaps back at Rose and nearly gets her but her mystic awareness helps her block the muzzle. The dog, burnt and disabled, drops unconscious.

R2T16: Barely conscious, a goblin archer fires at Kurgol but the arrow clacks off of Kurgol as if it hit armor (which he wears none of). That goblin likewise falls unconscious from the strain.

R2T15: Rellin, you are currently putting the time-whammy on a goblin. What do you do?

Rellin's whammied opponent on deck, Shalelu in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"Understanding time is about patience, Rellin," says Celiss, "just keep dilating the goblin's time. You're doing great."
    Current Games

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin shoots a look at Celiss, as if to question her input, while maintaining his focus on the enemy. Turning to another target, he holds out his other hand and lets out a trio of shots towards it, determined to help the combat as much as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to concentrate on Slow
    Standard action: Storm Gauntlet.

I'll target any enemy that is not in melee with an ally, if possible, otherwise aim at the most weakened enemy based on my observations (Rose's chihuahua, probably)

Attack roll (1d20+4)[18] (not taking into account a penalty from Precise shot, if necessary)
    Damage (1d4)[1] Cold, (1d4)[3] Electricity, and (1d4)[3] Sonic

24. - Top - End - #144

R2T15: Rellin shoots a look at Celiss, as if to question her input, while maintaining his focus on the enemy. He holds out his other hand at the hapless goblin and lets out a trio of shots towards it, determined to help the combat as much as possible. The bolt catches the goblin in the chest for a total 7 mixed energy. Badly wounded, he is still the only enemy in view; sounds of a couple dogs around the corner.

R2T13: The same poor goblin ... staggered, wounded, tries to shoot at Rellin but then ends up entangling himself in his bow.

R2T10: The poor goblin in his bowstring does not pull on the heartstrings of Shalelu as she fires an arrow but her arrow goes waaaaayyyy overhead and out into the Gulf.

R2T9: Celiss, what do you do?

Kurgol on deck, Caedmon in the hole ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as that last goblin is felled, Celiss will hasted move to the spot at the corner and around if she has room to engage the first goblin or mutant chihuahua that she sees. Since I'm not sure what will happen there, I'll let you roll whatever. She's not picky about a target, as long as there is a target ... stabbity-stab with the rapier.
    Current Games

26. - Top - End - #146

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T22: Kurgol steps forward and hits the hapless goblin in the neck for 11, ending its misery as it falls. With that, Rellin's spell ends.

R3T22.7-.3: The way clear, Celiss moves with incredible speed around the corner and faces two goblin dogs and two goblins. The goblins were ready and they shoot and miss. The goblin dogs weren't quite ready though, and Celiss stabs one for 8.

R3T21: Caedmon, what do you do?

Rose on deck, Rellin in the hole ...
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Caedmon follows after Celiss but not before entering a purely agressive stance. Once rounding the corner, Caedmon attempts attempt mighty swing attempt closest foe.

Spoiler
    Show

Entering Stance of Agression: -2 ac but +1d6 damage

Attack 1:(1d20+8)[25]
    Damage :(1d8+4)[8] +[roll]1d6 [/roll]

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose will burst around the corner and launch a powerful pair of strikes into the first foe she can get in reach of, her strikes so coated with fire that there is no hint of her own strength left in them.

Spoiler: Roses actions
    Show
    Move action: Rose will use her full range of movement to close in on the nearest enemy she can find around the corner.
    Standard action: Initiate Flurry Strike, spend one point of Animus for Elemental Attunement to change all damage to Fire damage

Attack 1 (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage (1d3+4)[6] All Fire

Attack 2 (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage (1d3+4)[7] All Fire

(I've added in the bonus from my stance straight to the damage rolls, since there's no need to differentiate the damage types this time)

Rellin will turn the corner and lay out another slowing effect upon the strongest foe he can see.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Go around the corner as best as I can
    Standard action: Slow on a Goblin foe if possible. DC 16 will save to negate.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2016-05-26 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Forgot Rellins turn

29. - Top - End - #149

R3T21: Caedmon follows after Celiss but not before entering a purely agressive stance. Once rounding the corner, Caedmon makes a mighty swing at a goblin dog he faces, doing a mighty 11.

R3T18: Rose bursts around the corner, but with effective terrain only being 10' wide, she stops behind Celiss since two goblin dogs block Celiss and Caedmon.

R3T15: Rellin, not enjoying the incredible burst of speed from Celiss' haste, only has enough to get around the corner and behind Caedmon.

R3T10: Shalelu gets around the corner behind Rellin (putting him between Caedmon and Shalelu), and she looses an arrow to hit an archer in the right shoulder for 9.

R3T8-4: The goblin dogs attack, missing Celiss and not getting through Caedmon's armor.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

Kurgol zooms around the corner and readies himself to push past the line should a goblin dog fall.

R4T27.7-.5: An archer fires at Rellin, grazing him in the right upper arm for 1. The other fires at Rose and misses.

R4T22.3: Celiss, you are facing a heavily wounded goblin dog, and another next to it faces Caedmon. What do you do?

Caedmon on deck, Rose in the hole ...
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Celiss tries to "open the ranks" with her speed. She stabs at her own dog, and then at the other one (regardless if hers goes down or not).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[22], damage (1d6+4)[5]
    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[18], damage (1d6+4)[5]
    Current Games