New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords, Part I: Burnt Offerings [IC]

R4T22.3: Celiss tries to "open the ranks" with her speed. She stabs at her own dog, disabling it, and then stabs at the other, dropping that one and clearing the way in front of Caedmon.

R4T22.2: Even before the man gets to react the half-orc brushes past him to move forward and sidestep to an archer. He doesn't get to attack, but he now threatens both archers; and the sidestep clears Caedmon for a charge (if he wanted to do so).

R4T21: Caedmon, you are hasted and in a stance of aggression. A goblin archer is 15' from you in a straight line (and another next to him). What do you do?

Rose on deck, Rellin in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #152

Spoiler: Savior
    Show
    Sorry, Savior, but 3-day co-opt, especially since it's a battle. I know, I know ... double-standard as a DM, but I don't want to hold up the players, especially since I am back in full posting form.

R4T21: Taking advantage of the opening, Caedmon charges the goblin archer and hits him in the neck for max damage (20), decapitating it!

R4T18: Rose, Celiss is directly in front of you, and a disabled goblin dog in front of her. You could go around next to Celiss to engage it, if you wanted.

Rellin on deck, Shalelu in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose will leave the current Chihuahua to Celiss, and charge further down in to take on one of the Goblins instead. As she does, she draws her fists back and launches both of them into the Goblins body, a trail of flames following behind her movements.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move to the nearest Goblin Archer
    Standard: Flurry Strike, spend a point of Animus to change all damage to fire.

Attack 1 (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage (1d3+4)[6] (All Fire)

Attack 2 (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage (1d3+4)[5] (All Fire)

Rellin will fall back, now aware that he is for the most part too far away to contribute, he allows those more skilled in combat to finish this fight.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

4. - Top - End - #154

R4T18-15: Rose leaves the current Chihuahua to Celiss and moves in to take on the last Goblin instead. As she does, she draws back her fist and launches into the Goblin's body, a trail of flames following behind her movements (6 fire).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hunting serpent strike unlocked.
    Rellin falls back, now aware that he is for the most part too far away to contribute. He allows those more skilled in combat to finish this fight.

R4T10: Shalelu positions herself behind Celiss this time and takes a single shot through the lone goblin's upper right lung for 14 (max), dropping it.

R4T8: The disabled goblin dog, relatively surrounded, snaps at Celiss but is blocked. Its wounds overcome it and it falls.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T22.3: Celiss, all visible enemies are down. What do you do?

Kurgol on deck, Caedmon in the hole. Caedmon, you can feel free to post as well if you'd like.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Celiss will ease the chihuahua's passing with her rapier.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

6. - Top - End - #156

Celiss ends the dog for sure. Shalelu moves forward and makes sure the other goblin archer is dead. Kurgol goes back around the corner the other way, and Rellin can see him axe the head of one of the goblins there. What do Caedmon, Rellin, and Rose do?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Caedmon resumes his defensive stance, holster in his sword, yet maintaining his shield. He calmly moved to hover around rellin as a sort of cover.

8. - Top - End - #158

Rellin & Rose?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose will move forward at a fast pace, looking to make sure that there's nothing else hiding, while Rellin calmly stays back and watches.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"Everyone, that was definitely giving sounds of battle and alarm, so watch your high guard that nothing surprises you from the top of the fort ... like a hail of goblin arrows."

Celiss will allow Shalelu and Kurgol (and the others) to make sure the fallen goblins are ended as she keeps look upwards (and around, of course). Once that's done, we'll continue around the fort until we get back to the front or something else stops us. Same marching order as before.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

11. - Top - End - #161

Sound good to the others?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162

Yeah. Caedmon will re-draw his sword when they set off.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose and Rellin both follow suit, regaining their spot in the marching order and heading forward.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Onward to glory we go!
    Current Games

15. - Top - End - #165

You don't get far at all with the oddly-built fort. Not too far you will find the way blocked by very thick bushes and brambles and unless you take extraordinary (and unnecessary) measures, ascending sideways along the cliff face would be the only way around on the outside. It's turn back to go to the entrance again, or not?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, back around to the front entrance.
    Current Games

17. - Top - End - #167

When you get back around to the stockade entrance, Shalelu notes that where the doors were ajar before, they are now shut. No doubt the denizens behind the door shut them. It's a safe bet they're probably barred. The stockade wall is 20' high. Looking at the possibility of a climb, only Kurgol (unaided) and Shalelu (with a climbing kit) feel they might make it ... and even then it is challenging. The stockade is made so as not to be easy for invaders to clamber over. Surprisingly good for goblins.

Any plans of action/ suggestions?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin moves up to the front and starts to talk. "I can transport people up to the top of the wall, although to get down you would have to jump. I don't trust enough in my own ability to keep myself up, but I can send each of you who are comfortable in your abilities up there."

Rose looks up at the wall and then speaks up first. "I believe I can do it."

Once everyone else has weighed in, Rellin will use his Warp Sphere to Teleport each of them to the top of the wall (30 ft range), in the following priority order. Caedmon, Kurgol, Shalelu, Celiss, then Rose, omitting whoever refuses, obviously.

19. - Top - End - #169

Caedmon, you're first. Are you good with this plan?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

"The idea is sound, but no ... not Caedmon," says Celiss. "Sorry, Caedmon, but a beefy boy in metal armor doesn't strike me as someone who is good if the top of the stockade door is surprisingly slender. Kurgol, you've got as good balance as Shalelu, but you can deal with getting shot at by archers that Shay probably doesn't. Kurgol, as soon as you're up, plant your boarding axe as a piton and tie off your rope. Give a status from up there - silently, with me. We'll determine if you can simply drop into the courtyard and open the door if we have to go piecemeal. If the latter, Rellin, I want you using this unlimited dimension door power you're talking about to get up myself, Shalelu, and maybe your sister. If Kurgol's report is that it is easy balance up there, include Caedmon. You're last. Any questions?"
    Current Games

21. - Top - End - #171

Caedmon stood sword and shield next to Rellin wordless. He surely wasn't looking forward to standing on top of any doors.

22. - Top - End - #172

Right. Shalelu up first, then?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin will Warp Shalelu up first, as following the plan.

24. - Top - End - #174

Rellin touches Shalelu, mentally connects the two spaces, folding them in on themselves with an extremely controlled singularity, and the elf finds herself on the roof. A goblin-pitched "Bree Yark!" is heard from the guardtower to the right (which for this entire time had seemed quiet. But Shalelu, a career goblin-hunter, is readied for this tactic.

Surprise Round ...

With the alarm, on the guard tower to the left there is a chirp of alarm. Something glass shatters around the western side of the stockade (you are on the south side, toward the west).

S22: Shalelu knocks her bow and calls down. "Not a courtyard! It's a roof, though there's a courtyard further on."

S20-19: From the guard tower to the right appears the upper body of a goblin who throws a javelin which in turn is blocked by Shalelu's armor. Shalelu spins to that direction and fires her bow and hits the goblin for 11 (max). But this is a tougher goblin than the others, and even with that shot it doesn't go down.

S16: Another goblin from that same tower appears and throws a javelin at Shalelu.

End Surprise Round, Begin Round One ...

R1T23: Rellin, what do you do? You don't have a vantage to the western tower.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin moves over to Kurgol and places his hand on the mans shoulder, twisting space once more to send him up after Shalelu, allowing him to support her in the coming fight.

26. - Top - End - #176

R1T23: Rellin moves over to Kurgol and places his hand on the mans shoulder, twisting space once more to send him up after Shalelu, allowing him to support her in the coming fight.

R1T22-20: Kurgol ducks an arrow from one side as a javelin goes wide of Shalelu from the one she wounded.

R1T19: Shalelu casts a spell on her quiver and goes to the base of the eastern tower.

R1T18: Rose, you have 1 animus. Flurry strike is your fixed-granted maneuver for this round. Animus and variety of maneuvers will increase with the rounds. You have a vantage on the eastern tower to two goblins with cover. What do you do?

27. - Top - End - #177

R1T18: With her animus building, instead of taking a shot at a goblin with cover in a tower outside of preferred range, and knowing Kurgol will go up next, Rose calls upon the Mother to provide 10 healing (max) to Kurgol, one of her best ever efforts at healing, and enough to fully restore the half-orc.

R1T17: Caedmon, what do you do? Shalelu's report is that it's a roof, not an unsteady top of a gate.

28. - Top - End - #178

Caedmon stands by Rellin as a protector while everyone else is being warped. He yells up to the people on the roof. "Do you lot need me up there? Will I be any use?"

29. - Top - End - #179

R1T17: Caedmon stands by Rellin as a protector while everyone else is being warped. He yells up to the people on the roof. "Do you lot need me up there? Will I be any use?"

R1T17: Kurgol leans his head over the stockade. "Good footing up here, so it couldn't hurt. Ain't goin' in from the gate anyway, unless you want to start bashin' it down." He then withdraws from sight.

R1T10: Celiss, what do you do?

Caedmon, you are effectively delaying, do you do anything?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

To keep Rellin free for the others, Celiss tries climbing the gate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Climb #1 (1d20+7)[18]
    Climb #2 (1d20+7)[10]
    Current Games