New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords, Part I: Burnt Offerings [IC]

Spoiler: Ooops!
    Show
    Guys, I'm so sorry. I accidentally posted this on the wrong thread ...

R1T10: To keep Rellin free for the others, Celiss tries climbing the gate, but makes no progress and even falls on her bum (no damage, but prone).

R1T8: There's a second goblin in that eastern tower and it laughs and points at Celiss before shooting at her. Of course, while it looks like a easy target, the stupid goblin doesn't realize how difficult it is to hit a prone target with a ranged weapon.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T23: Rellin, what do you do?

A tower goblin on deck, Shalelu in the hole ...

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin will move over to Caedmon next and transport him up to the roof alongside the others.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

3. - Top - End - #183

R2T23: Rellin moves over to Caedmon and transports him up to the roof alongside the others.

R2T22: A goblin from the western tower slips just before shooting and he shoots himself in the neck, topples over the tower, and falls to the ground outside the stockade rather than just the inboard top of the stockade. Good job, heroes! You struck fear so deeply into your goblin enemy that they'd rather execute themselves.

R2T20: A goblin from the western tower nails the "new guy" that just appeared, but despite the force of the javelin, Caedmon's banded mail still protects him. [I am assuming Caedmon is using his shield.]

R2T19: Shalelu moves 10' towards the eastern tower to shoot at the remaining archer and wounds him severely for 9, but the little goblin warrior is not so weak as to fall quite yet.

R2T18: Rose, you still have visual to the lone archer that just got nailed by Shalelu. You have visual to the goblin that nerfed himself to, but there's no doubt from his broken body that he is D-E-D. What do you do?

Caedmon on deck, the second western-tower commando in the hole ...

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose will delay her action.

5. - Top - End - #185

Rose delays. Caedmon?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Same as Rose.

7. - Top - End - #187

R2T18-17: Rose and Caedmon delay ...

R2T16: One of the western tower goblins throws a javelin at Shalelu, hitting her in the lower gut for 7 (max).

R2T13: Kurgol gives a warcry! He takes out a throwing axe and throws it at one of the commandos, but it sinks deep into one of the posts.

R2T10: Celiss, you are on your bum from a failed attempt to climb the gate. What do you do?

Eastern tower goblin on deck, Rellin in the hole, Rose/ Caedmon delaying ...

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

That's it.

Celiss stands and concentrates, and a second or two later she now sprouts a pair of angelic wings.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

9. - Top - End - #189

R2T10: Celiss is brimming with anger, possibly at herself for trying to climb a gate when she is unskilled to do so. She seems to cast a spell and white, feathered wings appear.
    Spoiler: Rellin & Rose
    Show
    Entirely bogus. You don't know the mechanic, but that was no spell. Celiss basically spoke gibberish and made silly motions as if she wasn't really trying to fool you.

R2T8: The eastern-tower goblin makes a poor throw of a javelin at Caedmon.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T23: Rellin, Celiss and Rose are still down here. What do you do?

Rose & Caedmon are both delaying. One of the western-tower goblins on deck, Shalelu in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-07-27 at 01:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin will move up to Rose and teleport her up next, as close in sight to where an enemy could be as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move to Rose
    Standard: Teleport Rose

Rose, now that she's up with the fight, will move towards the nearest target. If she can't reach a target with one Move action, she'll use a Total Defense action. Otherwise, she launches into a flurry of strikes, her hands catching fire as she does with her full power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move towards the Goblins.
    Standard action: Total Defense (+4 AC) if she can't reach a target
    Otherwise: Flurry Strike, spending a point of Animus to turn the damage into Fire Damage.

Attack 1 (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage (1d3+4)[6] All Fire

Attack 2 (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage (1d3+4)[6] All Fire

11. - Top - End - #191

R3T23-22: Rellin moves over to his sister, not because he needs to touch her to teleport her, but to get a bead on the eastern-tower goblin and to assure Rose that the warp-feeling she was getting was from him. Just as the goblin was out of point blank range for missile fire, so Rellin has to put a little extra oomph into his spell. Now in the guard tower, she stares down at the hapless goblin warrior and goes into a full flurry strike, her hands erupting into flames as she does so. Warping causes a slight disorientation so her first attack misses, but was enough for her to judge correctly and hit the goblin right in the head for 6 fire on the second strike. The goblin screams in pain, even as the energy briefly used briefly returns to Rose, as well as some inspiration.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, here's a spot I failed before ... Rellin doesn't have sight to the top of the stockade. Unless he teleported his pals on the teetering edge ... okay, so note for later, though with one person up the rest can be sent up with others there to make sure they don't fall in a similar situation.

The eastern tower was just out of Close range, so a spell point had to be spent. You have ranged teleport; you don't need to touch someone to teleport them.

I have some real issues with the working of the animus pool. You start out with a bunch, and then you can basically spam the hell out of it.

Rose gets spark strike.

R3T20: A west-tower guard throws a javelin at Caedmon and misses.

R3T19: Shalelu returns the favor to the same one to hit it in the left shoulder for 11, a second arrow hits a tower post, and a third arrow goes wide.

R3T17: Caedmon, you've been up here delaying this whole time. The eastern tower guard is fighting Rose within his space. The western tower still has the original two commandos there with one severely wounded. The western tower is 15' away, and 10' off the level of the stockade roof. What do you do?

2nd west-tower guard on deck, Kurgol in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-07-27 at 11:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

Caedmon rushes the western tower sword and shield in hands. If a move action is enough to make it, he will strike the one who threw a javelin at himself, using amiger's mark.

13. - Top - End - #193

R3T17: Caedmon rushes the western tower with sword and shield. Though he has to fight across the barrier of the wood that makes up the guard tower, the man's wrath is undaunted and he swings his sword across the top ... likewise cutting off the top of the goblin's head at the temples with a great crit!

R3T16: The other west-tower guard steps back a few feet from Caedmon and Rose and takes out a vial, and then drinks it. His entire physique becomes jacked and crazy-burly, his eyes become oversized and bloodshot, and he gives a feral (albeit somewhat comic) growl.

R3T13: Kurgol likewise rushes the eastern tower, but jumps just to the outside of the outer part of the tower and tumbles into the tower itself to face the raging goblin.

R3T10: Celiss, what do you do?

Lonely east-tower goblin on deck, equally lonely Rellin in the hole ...

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Celiss holds out her hand to Rellin. "Need a lift?" (She delays...)
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

15. - Top - End - #195

R3T10: Celiss holds out her hand to Rellin. "Need a lift?"

R3T8: The lonely goblin warrior steps back, readies his shield, and draws his dogslicer.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T23: Rellin, what do you do?

Rose on deck, Shalelu in the hole ...

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin shakes his head. "I'm fine, I'll bring myself up after the fight has ended." He then moves to get cover from the goblins, letting his sister and the others fight it out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move to get cover from any attackers

Rose roundhouse kicks the goblin she's been fighting, and then backs away a little.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Regular attack (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage (1d3)[3] +4 fire damage

17. - Top - End - #197

R4T23: Rellin shakes his head. "I'm fine, I'll bring myself up after the fight has ended." He then moves to get cover from the goblins, letting his sister and the others fight it out.

R4T22: Rose performs a brilliant roundhouse kick to the goblin she's been fighting, and then backs away a little. The blow caught the thing right at the base of the head by the spine at the back of the neck (and the medulla) for 11 + 4 fire and it is thrown out of the tower and out to the east, tumbling out of sight down the side of the Thistletop.

R4T19: Shalelu shoots at the last goblin but hits the tower instead.

R4T17: Caedmon, the last goblin in play is against a corner, and now Kurgol is there with you. Because it is in a corner, you won't be able to position for a flank. What do you do?

Goblin commando on deck, Kurgol in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-08-06 at 03:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

Caedmon sees himself with Rose and Kurgol and nods to them both before bursting off towards the last standing enemy. Having gotten a footing for roof fighting and feeling confident for his previous kills, he rushes in, or as close as he can get, with a collected stance, but hoping to hurt the foe badly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Caedmon switches to stance of Defending Shell and then moves in to use Crushing Blow maneuver

19. - Top - End - #199

R4T17: Caedmon sees himself with Kurgol and nods to him. Having gotten a footing for roof fighting and feeling confident for his previous kills, he easily vaults over the tower partition and moves in to stand against the final foe, taking a more defensive stance. Despite that, he snarls and brings an overhead slice down with his sword that gets deflected by the goblin's dogslicer.

R4T16: The goblin strikes back at Caedmon, who likewise deflects the blow.

R4T13: Kurgol wraps the goblin up in a grapple.

R4T10: Celiss, what do you do?

Rellin on deck, Rose in the hole ...

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Celiss flies up and around in a wide circle so she doesn't struggle to stay mid-air, but otherwise looks over the scene for any other trouble.
    Current Games

21. - Top - End - #201

Rellin (I imagine) chills and waits for an all clear. Rose, you are in the eastern tower alone, with no enemies. What do you do?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rose will calmly stroll towards the other tower while Rellin waits for the fight to end.

23. - Top - End - #203

R4T10: Celiss flies up and around in a wide circle so she doesn't struggle to stay mid-air, but otherwise looks over the scene for any other trouble.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T23-22: Rose clambers out of her guard tower and calmly strolls towards the western one while Rellin keeps cover until the battle is done.

R5T19: Shalelu moves over to the mini-wall of the western tower and draws a bead but doesn't shoot at the grappling mass.

R5T17: Caedmon, what do you do?

Goblin on deck (grappled), Kurgol (grappling) in the hole ...

24. - Top - End - #204

Spoiler
    Show
    If Caedmon's original foe is up he'll attack that one. Otherwise, assuming it is safe to attack the enemy if an ally has him grappled, Caedmon will do that in a flanking position.

25. - Top - End - #205

You can't flank with a grappler, because a grappler is in the same space as the opponent and not "on the other side." Even special class abilities and the like that some have that allow adjacent, threatening allies aren't flankers in a grapple, because when you are in a grapple you are not adjacent, but actually part of the same unit of wriggling flesh. Luckily, it's easier to hit enemy grapplers in PF than it was in 3.5. Still, someone grappling an enemy in front of you makes an enemy woefully vulnerable with the penalties brought by the grappled condition. This is the only goblin remaining.
    R5T17: Caedmon steps forth and brings his sword down on the grappled goblin for 12 (max) damage!

R5T16: This goblin is too ferocious (and as yet unwounded) to be taken that quickly, despite its angry screams of pain and fury. He is held enough in abeyance that his swing against Kurgol goes wide.

R5T13: Kurgol does 16 damage to the goblin and it goes limp. "Clear!" calls Kurgol, signaling that the last of the goblin tower guards has been subdued.

Combat Ends ...

What do you do?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Celiss will land atop the stockade. "To my foot," she says down to Rellin, holding out her leg low and her foot flexed to act as a "landing platform" for a teleporter while holding her hand as a "bar" to hold onto.
    Current Games

27. - Top - End - #207

Kurgol will break the neck of his foe to make sure and Rose will get to the western tower to meet with the other two. Rellin?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin will teleport himself up to the platform granted by Celiss, then moves to rejoin the rest, happy that the fight is over.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Rellin is safely atop the stockade, we'll boogie on over to the west tower to meet up with everyone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    How is everyone health-wise?
    Current Games

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rellin takes in the sight, looking at the far side of the stockade to get an idea of the area.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rose and Rellin are fine. If someone is injured, Rellin can heal them. I'll allow Rusty to roll the necessary dice rolls. (Just one per person, if someone is still injured, he'll apply an Invigorate to the target too.