New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default (INC) The Bellows of War- Battle Thread!!

This is an INC area for The Bellows of War campaign. This is where the combat characters will go out on their journey with the army.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: (INC) The Bellows of War- Battle Thread!!

Wherever you happen to be in Goldenrod, whatever business you are attending to, whether you are new to town, have been here for a while, or are a native citizen, you come across fliers posted here and there that read:

"Attention good fellows of Goldenrod!
    By order of Lord Roderick Stenxilkeet, Second Co-Chair of the Makers' Alliance; and due to the Catastrophic effect of the latest Solkari attack upon our infrastructure,

Goldenrod Needs You!

Meetings will be held nightly throughout the week. Those of you who are skilled craftsmen and creators of magic items are asked to gather at the Crafters' Guild Hall at Five O'clock in the evening. Those who are brave enough to venture out into the battle scarred countryside in search of resources to aid us, please gather at the Central Amphitheatre at Five O'clock in the evening.

Your efforts could make the difference!"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A moderatly sized man with purple flesh, red hair, and bronze eyes reads the flyer, his grip on his spear tightens and as smiles.

"Your highness!!! an opportunity has arrisen!! I would suggest taking an interest!"

His voice is rough like gravel, gurgling deep from his chest.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

A tall and slender, beautiful, male elf gazed along the horizon. Soon, a dear friend of his would be arriving. The situation in Goldenrod required the skill of master crafters. Luckily, Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilycove knew of just the Dwarven Forgemaster in the need of exposure and practice. Along with some lost twins he found on the road, Alloishus had the beginnings of a retinue.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2016-03-02 at 10:40 AM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

A young-looking kid with a long brown braid trotted over to where several other people had gathered. She didn't bother to look behind her to see if the elf who fancied himself her and her brother's patron was following. She just kind of figured he'd try to keep close enough to keep an eye on her. She knew she looked younger than she was, and to an elf she probably seemed like an infant, but it still irked her to be coddled.

She sidled around to where she could put her back to a column and keep an eye on everyone else while being out of the way. Being overlooked was only an advantage when it didn't result in getting stepped on or knocked over! She looked around at the motley assortment of gathering adventurers with interest.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-03-01 at 10:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Alloishus was not far behind the youngster on her way to the gathering of adventurer. He could sense power in the mismatched twins, but still saw them as children. He felt a responsibility to these dear orphans to show them the path of good. When he saw her plant herself to a column, he decided to scan the crowd for any familiar faces. He was expecting someone else.

"Vivian." Alloishus called out. Suddenly, a thrush popped out of a satchel from his belt, flew around, and landed on his shoulder.

"What is it, Al?" the little bird squeaked.

Alloishus turned his head slightly to look at the little brown and white avian. "Keep an eye on Kamoru for me, while I look for someone." He asked.

"Fine, but honestly, she can take care of herself." Vivian said before flying off.

Alloishus then began to look through the crowd for his teacher.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A young human man in his mid-20s has spent most of his day helping put up the flyers asking for aid both on-and-off the battlefields. It was a small job with small pay, but it was the first one he was allowed to take relating to the war effort against Solkar. He knew the best spots in town where people would see the announcement and so took the job.

Every day for the last three years, Trelane Gothos had been itching to try to get back at the Solkari for wiping out his friends and allies of the Thieves' Guild but orders from the highest authorities forbade all but the most powerful to attempt to go to battle as the enemy's goal wasn't conquest but annihilation. Apparently things changed after the anti-magic attack.

"This is my chance now," Trelane said to himself, clutching his fists, "Sneak in, sneak out, and take whatever I can find from the enemy and use it against them. Perfect payback from one of the last members of the Thieves' Guild. I'll be heading to the Central Amphitheater as soon as I finish nailing these things."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Each of you, upon seeing the fliers feels inclined to do your part. You make your way to the Central Amphitheatre and take a seat. For whatever reason, you all end up seated in section D. There are about 12-15 other people from various walks of life seated sporadically in sections A-C. A few minutes after 5 a figure walks out onto the stage platform. He is a tall thin humanoid, with emerald green scaled skin, and a snake like head. He wears an brown leather vest atop a chainmail shirt, and a rapier hangs at his side. He steps to the center and gives a half bow.

"Thank you for coming out. It does me glad to see sssuch a turn out. My name isss Osman Swithin of the Black Adder Mercenary Regime.

Asss you may know, earlier this week we sssuffered an attack like nothing we could have prepared for. Goldenrod's chief industry wasss destroyed when some force ssseemingly consumed all magics stored within itemsss for as far as we are aware.

The war effort with the Sssolkari has taken a steep turn sssouth as both Goldenrod's Royal Army and the Black Addersss' greatest warriors were heavily reliant on their magic imbued items to fight the hellish creatures pouring forth from within Sssolkar.

Before I ssscare you away, you are not being asked to join the front linesss. If you choose to join the effort you were called here for, you will be tasked with venturing to the outparcels of Goldenrod where battles have been fought and gathering any materials that may be of value to the Makers' Alliance. It is unlikely that you will encounter any hostile forces if you stick to the areas we have marked on the maps that you will receive. However, it is not impossible, so please, go prepared for anything.

Do any of you have any questions? "
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The man with Purple skin speaks up as he stands. He glances down to his student, Prince Alloishus before continuing.

"How many days..... are these ventures outside of Goldenrod?"

"Also, what sort of interference can we expect, no matter how unlikely. Do we expect lesser Dredges? or Drugar? Goblins? "

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

A man seated in section A asks "So, are we supposed to join this Mercenary troop?"

Osman responds, first to the colorful fella to his right then to the man on his left.

At first, no more than a day'sss travel from the City proper. But asss time goes on, thossse of you who stay, may need to venture further to gather useable resssources.
    As to what you'll face, the Sssolkari have been conjuring all manner of evil over the years of war. Their primary population consistsss of Ifrit and Duregar colonies, but they have been known to conjure infernal beastsss, raise the dead, and ally with goblin kin and kobolds. If there is a vile trick, I would not put it passst them.

No, it takes more than attending a meeting like thisss to earn a spot with the Addersss, and we are not a troop. We are a Regime. You will be under the command of General Leonard Spencer Hobbleton and the Royal Army. Just asss I am while the Adders sssupport and reinforce the Army.

Any Others?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Suli speaks again.

"Will the Holy Avengers be apart of this program?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Alloishus easily recognized his teacher speaking up from the crowd. "It's just like him to be straight to the point." he said to himself.

After Swithin answered the question, Alloishus had his own. "As ready for combat as I am, could the enemies we might possibly face on the field be reasoned with?"
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

13. - Top - End - #13

RedWizardGuy

Trelane raised his hand, "Not all of us are magically inclined. How will we know if something, that isn't too obvious of course, will be worth retrieving?"
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Excellent questionsss.
    The Holy Avengers, for the time being are remaining inssside the city. It is possible, in these dire timesss, that they will need to enter the fray in the future.

The Sssolkari that I have dealt with seem battle drunk and ruthlesss. I don't know that your influence would be entirely fruitlesss, but remember, they are coming to kill and destroy. They do not seem to have any pressservation agenda at all. They are not here for conquest.

As for knowing what you are after, other than the obvious. You will all be encouraged to visit the Crafters' Guild and find a crafter to assist in the rebuilding. Once you have teamed up with a crafter, you will need to work with them to learn what materials they are in need of.

A graying gnome in section C asks when will we be heading into the rough? to which Osman replies You will be leaving out as soon as you have paired with a crafter. To keep you safer I would suggest that you go out in teams or groups. As a matter of fact, everyone take a look around you. The people in your immediate section are now your team. If you don't know each other, get familiar. These will be the people who you are responsible for and who are responsible for you. Learn their faces, learn their names.

Now, if there are no further questions, you are dismissed. Meet back here once you are ready to head out. And don't forget to grab a map on the way out.
    Osman motions to a podium near the west exit with a small stack of maps on top of it.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy takes note of those nearby, Recognizing a few of them.

"Your highness, if you dont need me, Ill be going to locate a Crafter to pair with. I assume you have somone in mind. "
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

16. - Top - End - #16

RedWizardGuy

Trelane looked around at the hodgepodge of people gathered in the same section as he, "Well I guess I'll introduce myself first. My name is Trelane Gothos. I hope we will make a good team to help our Goldenrod take on Solkar."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Alloishus nodded to Billy. "Indeed I do. He arrived today."

He then held out his hand to Trelane. "Nice to meet you. I am Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove. My rank is the equalivant of a prince. Call me Alloishus, Al, Prince, Your Highness. Whichever you like."
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2016-03-02 at 09:58 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru kept near the back, quietly observing. But it seemed like everyone would be leaving soon, so she sidled around behind Alloishus and tapped his elbow.
    "You carriage doesn't hold much cargo, so once we get Kamyol's stuff and whatever I'm leaving behind unpacked and into whatever lodgings he's getting, we can figure out what supplies you want to add." Kamoru glanced around at the others and added, "You guys can add things too, if you want. But I don't want to load the wagon down too much, or else there won't be room for whatever salvage we find."

She started for the door, but then paused, "Where should we meet up? I'm not sure if the people staying in town are being given lodgings or where that would be, yet, so..." She trailed off and shrugged.
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19

RedWizardGuy

"A Prince!?" Trelane's eyes widened in shock, "I never thought someone of royal rank would take a risk like going out in this mess we're in, at least not directly in person and for another kingdom other than theirs," He took his hand in a firm handshake, "I think I can trust a man like you." he then turned to Alloishus's companion, "I've lived here most of my life. If you follow the street that's just out the entrance we came into this building, there's a decent inn we can all meet at." he suggested.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru nodded at Trelane. "Alright; hopefully it won't take long to unpack the wagon and get things in order. Later!" She glanced at Alloishus again briefly before slipping out the door.
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Skrolk scurries out and heads over to where the fighters are gathering. He finds the nearest one "Skrolk hears that this is where combat people gather, yes-yes?"
    The Bellows of War campaign: Skrolk is a ratfolk alchemist/mad scientist. He's 4 feet tall, with black fur and green eyes. His billowing robes cover up his armor that he is always wearing, the better to protect him against his many rivals.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The combatants break up their meeting and go their separate ways. With both fear and anticipation for their coming battles, they all head home to rest.

It is now Day 2 of the crafting project.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru spends 5 sp on a good breakfast, and 3 sp on 1/2 lb of meat for Niyolaku, at the inn where the adventurers are to meet. She opts to take her food with her outside and sit in the wagon with her wolf companion to eat. In addition to the meat, Kamoru also gives Niyolaku a whet bone from her backpack to chew on. She leans back against the edge of the wagon and watches the people begin the daily bustle while she waits for the others.
    Spoiler: whet bone
    Show
    When chewed upon by a creature for no fewer than 15 minutes, a whet bone grants the creature a +1 bonus on its next damage roll the first time it hits with a (non magical) bite attack.
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
    Skrolk scurries out and heads over to where the fighters are gathering. He finds the nearest one "Skrolk hears that this is where combat people gather, yes-yes?"
    A greying gnome aproaches the rat-man. Combat people? Oh my! They never said anything about fighting. They just asked for people brave enough to go out and gather resources. Well I, ... I hope there's no fighting. That's what the soldiers are for.

But anyway, most everyone has left. They'll be back this evening or tomorrow, I'm sure of it.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2016-03-03 at 01:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Goblin

Skrolk looks over at the gnome, his tail twitching some "Hmm, Skrolk will be back this evening then, gnome" Skrolk scurries out of the building and heads off to his lab
    The Bellows of War campaign: Skrolk is a ratfolk alchemist/mad scientist. He's 4 feet tall, with black fur and green eyes. His billowing robes cover up his armor that he is always wearing, the better to protect him against his many rivals.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru was wrapping up breakfast when she looked up to see Kamyol approaching. Eh? What are you doing here? Don't you have work to do?
    Kamyol leaned on the wagon to catch his breath. Yes, but I did some work last night already. Got lucky, made extras. So I have two potions for you to take with you in case you get hurt or something. But that's not really why I'm here.
    Kamoru looked at her brother with interest as he handed her a folded piece of paper. Dreams?
    Yes, I was thinking about you going out without me last night, so I'm guessing this will be of use to you. It seems like it might point you in the right direction to find something good. Might also be a warning of danger, I'm not really sure. I just make the prophecies, I don't interpret them! Even his thoughts had a wry tone.

Kamoru read the cryptic message, then refolded it and tucked the paper in her pocket. "Thanks," she said, "I don't know for sure if the others will want to take heed of it, but I'll try!"
    "Have a bit more confidence, sister," Kamyol scolded, "If you always go around thinking people aren't going to listen to you anyway, you're going to be proven right because you won't be coming across like you mean what you say! Remember, these people aren't our people. They're not necessarily going to judge you by your size."
    Kamoru gave Kamyol a dubious look. Lost orphans in need of protecting?
    Kamyol shook his head. Don't judge everyone else based on one off-beat elf!
    Kamoru smiled, "Alright, I'll try to be more open."
    Kamyol handed her the two potions and turned to head back to the lab.

Spoiler: Kamyol's message
    Show
    "Six above scorch scarred faces, four below quiet places.
    Mind the larkin cry."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-03-03 at 03:17 PM.
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #27

RedWizardGuy

The next morning, Trelane got his pack ready, carrying what he hoped were enough supplies for a day trip. He bought an apple from a vendor on his way to the inn he pointed out to the others the night before and was munching on it when he came across the young lady from the night before, "Good morning. You were with that Prince Al guy right? Guess we're the first to arrive." He then finished his apple and tossed the core in the garbage barrel just by the inn's entrance, "I'm sorry I didn't catch your name last night. Trelane Gotos at your service."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2016-03-03 at 07:11 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah--" Kamoru hesitated, somewhat surprised, "You can just call me Kamoru." She cleared her throat, feeling awkward. "We came in with the elven noble, yeah. Not... exactly by choice. AH, not like he abducted us or anything!" Kamoru waved her hands and flushed slightly. "He grates on my nerves a bit, but I guess that's just nobility for you, right? We didn't really have that where I'm from."

Kamoru pulled out a waterskin and took a gulp, then after a pause, offered it to Trelane. "This is a communal effort, right? If you want to lighten your load, there's still plenty of room in the wagon. I'm sure Alloishus will have his silly carriage, but it's more of a passenger thing than a cargo thing..."
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

RedWizardGuy

Trelane held up his hands in a mock surrender, "Whoa you're going a mile a minute there friend. No need to be shy if we're going to be working together for a while." He took the offered waterskin with a a small smile and a gulp of water before returning it to her, "Royalty may be annoying at times, but they have their uses. Of course the way Prince Al was acting, I'd say he's an exception rather than a rule. I guess I'll have to get to know him better too...but you really don't have anything like that where you're from? I know quite a lot about Goldenrod and the surrounding area, but not much beyond that. I'd be interested in hearing about your home sometime Kamoru."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2016-03-03 at 09:04 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Goblin

Skrolk makes his way back to the hall he was at the previous day and searches around for someone to question "Hmm, Skrolk wonders where everyone is, yes-yes" He smells the food from the inn across the way and hears his stomach growling "Hmm, Skrolk is hungry. Must get something to eat-eat" He heads over to the inn and goes inside.
    Last edited by Treebeard; 2016-03-03 at 07:06 PM.