Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Dragon Marks and Dragon Mark Prestige classes

Quote Originally Posted by VirusInk View Post
    I always feel bad though because I don't know how to make people things. Q _ Q
    It's simple! Step one is to stop thinking about people as people, and start thinking about them as annoying bags of characteristics.

Step two, pick the characteristic you're going to mock ruthlessly focus on mock ruthlessly.

And step three is to use game mechanics to express that characteristic.

Observe!

Plaguemark (VirusInk)
    Your Aberrant Dragonmark is suffused with a sickly, festering energy that infects those who touch you.

Prerequisite: Any Aberrant Dragonmark.

Benefit: Whenever you strike an enemy with an unarmed strike or natural weapon, or an enemy strikes you with an unarmed strike or natural weapon, that enemy must make a Fortitude save. The save DC is the same as the save against your Aberrant Dragonmark spell-like abilities. On a failed save, that target takes one point of ability damage to a random ability score. Roll 1d6 on the following table.
    1. Strength
    2. Dexterity
    3. Constitution
    4. Intelligence
    5. Wisdom
    6. Charisma

After 24 hours, the target must make another Fortitude save or else suffer another point of ability damage to the same score. A successful save allows the target to recover from the disease, but does not recover ability damage already received. This disease can also be removed by Remove Disease.

Once an enemy fails a save against this ability, he cannot be further infected by it for 24 hours, although he is still subject to the subsequent saves.

Special: A target of this ability recovers one less point of ability damage per day (to a minimum of zero) to the afflicted ability score than he would normally.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Dragon Marks and Dragon Mark Prestige classes

Uh huh!

Exquisite Resuscitation (Phoe)
    Prerequisite: Any Dragon Mark

Benefit: When you drop below 0 HP, you may expend one a use of a spell like ability granted by your Dragonmark. When you do, you heal an amount of Hit Points equal to three times the Spell Like Ability's level. Using this ability is a free action that can be taken when it is not your turn, and even while unconscious or otherwise incapable of taking an action.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-03-04 at 08:45 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

You just need to figure out a theme. I got saddled with Insanity and Snow.

Take Phoe for example. He's got rebirth and magic. I got to make one for him.
    Insanity and snow? Like...Insnowity?

Ahhhh. So for Red Fel I could just focus on...hmm. What was it again? Oh yeah. When you say his name three times he appears and becomes the adult we need in the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    *Cut for length*
    Oh my goodness thank you!

I will forever be amazed you quickly you guys whip these things up. When it comes to ideas I've got it- but fitting them in with the proper mechanics is where I struggle.

Also, I really enjoyed this part in particular:

On a failed save, that target takes one point of ability damage to a random ability score. Roll 1d6 on the following table.
    1. Strength
    2. Dexterity
    3. Constitution
    4. Intelligence
    5. Wisdom
    6. Charisma
    It makes it a little unpredictable and I think that's awesome~
    Last edited by VirusInk; 2016-03-04 at 08:54 PM.
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

I will forever be amazed you quickly you guys whip these things up. When it comes to ideas I've got it- but fitting them in with the proper mechanics is where I struggle.
    Ya, ideas tend to be easy, mechanics are hard. Though if you keep homebreweing it will eventually become second nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

mad Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Dragon Marks and Dragon Mark Prestige classes

You just need to figure out a theme. I got saddled with Insanity and Snow.

Take Phoe for example. He's got rebirth and magic. I got to make one for him.
    Wait, magic? I wasn't aware magic was a theme people associated with me. Though thinking back on it I never really take about mundane things do I.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

I give permission.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Insanity and snow? Like...Insnowity?
    ... Yes, I guess you could say that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Wait, magic? I wasn't aware magic was a theme people associated with me. Though thinking back on it I never really take about mundane things do I.
    I've always associated you with gishes. Might be the Jade Phoenix Mage or you playing a Duskblade in my game. Also, isn't your Reserve feat I made a Swordburst? ;p
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

I've always associated you with gishes. Might be the Jade Phoenix Mage or you playing a Duskblade in my game. Also, isn't your Reserve feat I made a Swordburst? ;p
    Yes it was. And my favorite spell is thunderlance.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground

The mark of Deadline

House Deadline. The Deadline house is famous for it's mercenaries, and willingness to take any contract. Even ones respectable mercenary groups would turn up their noses at.

Least Deadline mark. You gain the ability to use magic weapon as a spell like ability 1/day. A saving throw against your Dragonmark spell-like ability has a DC of 10 + the level of the spell + your Cha modifier. Your caster level for your Dragonmark spell-like abilities is 1 + your levels in the Dragonmark Heir prestige class, if any.

Lesser Deadline mark. You gain the ability to use Greater magic weapon as a spell like ability 1/day. A saving throw against your Dragonmark spell-like ability has a DC of 10 + the level of the spell + your Cha modifier. Your caster level for your Dragonmark spell-like abilities is 6 + your levels in the Dragonmark Heir prestige class, if any.

Greater Deadline mark. You gain the ability to use Brilliant blade as spell like ability 1/day. A saving throw against your Dragonmark spell-like ability has a DC of 10 + the level of the spell + your Cha modifier. Your caster level for your Dragonmark spell-like abilities is 11 + your levels in the Dragonmark Heir prestige class, if any.

Deadline mark. Siberys You gain the ability to use Sphere of ultimate destruction as a spell like ability 1/day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: I couldn't get this one to gel properly
    Show

Sarissa is my favourite character. Mostly because you can do just about anything to the poor girl and she just sucks it up and snarks back.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm not sure what you mean. Evolve?

How non-Siberys Dragonmarks work is that you take the Least version, then Lesser, then Greater, each time as a feat. Each has the previous as a prerequisite. Each feat gives you additional SLAs, on top of the previous ones (not in place of them). If/when you take the higher-level feat, the RAW feat language states that your "caster level for your dragonmark spell-like abilities increases to 6 + your level in the dragonmark heir prestige class (if any)." So, yes, taking a higher-level Dragonmark feat causes your CL to "evolve," if that's what you mean.
    I mean it starts as th Dragonmark or Carousing and turns into the Dragonmark of Madness.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I mean it starts as th Dragonmark or Carousing and turns into the Dragonmark of Madness.
    agreed with bard you have a typo mate

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

I keep forgetting to post here. I'm not dead, hi all!
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Yes it was. And my favorite spell is thunderlance.
    Oh yeah thunder lance is a good spell.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I keep forgetting to post here. I'm not dead, hi all!
    Are we sure about that? *checks IZ's pulse*
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Are we sure about that? *checks IZ's pulse*
    Technically if Iz's a construct, they wouldn't be dead, but still wouldn't have a pulse.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Technically if Iz's a construct, they wouldn't be dead, but still wouldn't have a pulse.
    Pretty sure IZ is a clone, though im not certain if you can clone a construct of not.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned

Oh look, a thing!

Hi thing!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Oh look, a thing!

Hi thing!
    Hi Jormengand!

Mark of Loquacity (Jormengand)
    The purity of your Dragonmark resonates in your unhindered voice.

Prerequisite: Any True Dragonmark.

Benefits: You gain a permanent untyped bonus to any skill check involving speech, speaking, or singing, equal to your ECL divided by 4, rounded down (minimum of +1, maximum of +5 at level 20).

At will, as an immediate action, you may spend 1 Action Point to become immune to magical silence. Your voice cannot be hindered by mundane or magical means, including (but not limited to) gags, hands covering your mouth, or being underwater. (Being able to breathe may still be an issue in that case.) You are capable of speaking in a loud, clear voice whenever you wish to do so. This effect lasts for 1 minute per caster level of your Dragonmark spell-like abilities. Any magical silence targeting you specifically is dispelled by this effect; any nonmagical silence, or magical silence affecting you tangentially (such as standing within a Zone of Silence) remains in effect and affects you normally after this ability ends.

Special: If your game does not use Action Points, you may instead expend one daily use of one of your Dragonmark spell-like abilities to gain the secondary benefit of this feat.

Spoiler: Reasons
    Show
    Truenamers need love too.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2016-03-05 at 07:54 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, since I didn't say it earlier, I give my permission. Though I'm not sure what anyone would be able to do with me. As far as I'm aware, my only tendencies are for inadvertently ending threads after commenting on them, and trying (and failing) to make sub-par character options useful.

I'll try to think up a dragonmark for somebody else, but given my limited time with 3.5 before Pathfinder got started, it might take some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

21. - Top - End - #81

House Seto.

House Seto (Humans, Goliaths) House Seto is famous for it's incredible strength, and ability to fight on in even the darkest odds. Almost seeming to grow to any challanges

Least Seto mark. Gain the use of Enlarge person as a spell like ability 1/day. A saving throw against your Dragonmark spell-like ability has a DC of 10 + the level of the spell + your Cha modifier. Your caster level for your Dragonmark spell-like abilities is 1 + your levels in the Dragonmark Heir prestige class, if any.

Lesser Seto mark. Gain the use of Tremor as a spell like ability 1/day. A saving throw against your Dragonmark spell-like ability has a DC of 10 + the level of the spell + your Cha modifier. Your caster level for your Dragonmark spell-like abilities is 6 + your levels in the Dragonmark Heir prestige class, if any.

Greater Seto mark. Gain the use of Righteous might as a spell like ability 2/day. A saving throw against your Dragonmark spell-like ability has a DC of 10 + the level of the spell + your Cha modifier. Your caster level for your Dragonmark spell-like abilities is 11 + your levels in the Dragonmark Heir prestige class, if any.

Seto mark Siberys. Gain the use of Giant size as a spell like ability. 2/day

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

Hi Jormengand!
    Hey Red Fel! <3

Mark of Loquacity (Jormengand)
    The purity of your Dragonmark resonates in your unhindered voice.

Prerequisite: Any True Dragonmark.

Benefits: You gain a permanent untyped bonus to any skill check involving speech, speaking, or singing, equal to your ECL divided by 4, rounded down (minimum of +1, maximum of +5 at level 20).

At will, as an immediate action, you may spend 1 Action Point to become immune to magical silence. Your voice cannot be hindered by mundane or magical means, including (but not limited to) gags, hands covering your mouth, or being underwater. (Being able to breathe may still be an issue in that case.) You are capable of speaking in a loud, clear voice whenever you wish to do so. This effect lasts for 1 minute per caster level of your Dragonmark spell-like abilities. Any magical silence targeting you specifically is dispelled by this effect; any nonmagical silence, or magical silence affecting you tangentially (such as standing within a Zone of Silence) remains in effect and affects you normally after this ability ends.

Special: If your game does not use Action Points, you may instead expend one daily use of one of your Dragonmark spell-like abilities to gain the secondary benefit of this feat.

Spoiler: Reasons
    Show
    Truenamers need love too.
    So this is cool, although truenamers already have hacks to become immune to being silenced (Aptly named "The universe hears just fine") but this is nice when you really can't afford the 20% chance to fail. Thankies~

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

So this is cool, although truenamers already have hacks to become immune to being silenced (Aptly named "The universe hears just fine") but this is nice when you really can't afford the 20% chance to fail. Thankies~
    Yeah, after writing it I realized that Truenamers have that trick, so really this more benefits casters (particularly Bards). But fun fact: Red Fel is uninspired! So yay! Enjoyah.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Banned

Yeah, after writing it I realized that Truenamers have that trick, so really this more benefits casters (particularly Bards). But fun fact: Red Fel is uninspired! So yay! Enjoyah.
    I am enjoying very muchly. : 3

Y'know, since this is a round that I don't feel very invested in, I might go ahead and make some people some base classes. Anyone want one particularly?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Jorm, you seem to be in a good mood today. It's nice.

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #86
    Banned

Jorm, you seem to be in a good mood today. It's nice.
    Ya jinxed it. My mother just blamed me for everything that's wrong in her life (after shouting at me for asking her if she wanted me to make her a mother's day present) so I'm officially not in a good way.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ya jinxed it. My mother just blamed me for everything that's wrong in her life (after shouting at me for asking her if she wanted me to make her a mother's day present) so I'm officially not in a good way.
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, you're part of everything that's right on these forums and thus, the internet. So I'm pretty sure your mom doesn't know what she's talking about. Get her some box wine. That always works for my mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Get her some box wine. That always works for my mom.
    She's getting nothing at best and my dead body at worst. All depends on whether I survive the next few months.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

She's getting nothing at best and my dead body at worst. All depends on whether I survive the next few months.
    But you need to survive the next few months, so you can survive the next few months after that. who else is supposed to fill your shoes.

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

But you need to survive the next few months, so you can survive the next few months after that. who else is supposed to fill your shoes.
    Someone better than me. Someone who isn't a horrible evil person who hurts everyone.