A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Default Red Hand of Doom (OOC)

Game Playing Guidelines

a) Posting: Posting is expected at least once a day, Monday-Through Friday. During combat, single posting is expected but outside combat, multiple RP posting is encouraged. If someone does not post for one day without prior notice, I will likely keep the character idle or try my best guest at NPC during a fight. This is to keep the pace of the game going at a fast pace.
    If someone does not post for a two-week period without letting the group knows, the character will be likely be removed or converted into a temporary DMPC until removal.

To avoid a drop in the pace of the game, it is important that you post in OOC or IC daily. However, sometimes people do not post because they donít know what to do. This is what the OOC is for. You can discuss your next move, or the puzzle that the high INT wizard should resolve but the player cannot. And sometimes, a simple post in IC such as ďAxara looks at the negotiation between the merchants and the group but stays silent as she finds discussion about money to be vulgarĒ. In other words, the more you post, the more other post and the more fun the game is.

b) Internal conflicts: I expect each of the characters to get along. You might not be a band of brothers or lifelong friends at the beginning, but you have a taste for adventure in common and you need to respect each other. If a character does not openly like a character, I need a in game reason (e.g. my family was killed by drows and one character is a half-drow) and I expect the relationship to evolve over time, as the prejudice will have to face reality. I will NOT (repeat NOT) tolerate, players feeling overtaking characters feelings (i.e. Player A does not like how Player B plays, so his character hates her character) or a character developing a dislike for another character without in-game reasons.

c) Mistakes: I will make mistake as a DM so live with it. In the long run, these mistakes will cancel each other. Point it to me privately and move on. I will not do a make-up call but will pay more attention to the rule. A lot of rules are subject to interpretation so please remember that. Sometimes a rule might be overlooked for the good of the game. Trust me on those calls.

If you notice a glaring, game changing mistake (e.g. I forgot to roll a save and declared the character dead), point it to me. I will acknowledge it and likely back pedal. If it is a small mistake (e.g. I allowed a charge in a terrain where the max speed is half speed), I will acknowledge it but not change anything.

d) Limits: If there is a concept or idea to want to explore, run it by me and see if it will fly. I am very open minded, as long as it makes in-game sense and fit the arc storyline. However, please remember that they are rules and laws in the world and that you are subject to them. Each action will have its consequences to a certain level.

e) Communication: This is a time consuming hobby that we are doing for fun. If the game is not working for you, please let me know. If you think of improvements, let me know. Any feeback and comments are ALWAYS ( repeat ALWAYS) welcome. I want you all to have a great time playing the game. So let's keep the communication channels open!

f) Rolls: Please use the roll function on this site, as a spoiler in your post. I will roll of my DM rolls on the OOC. I want the game to be as transparent as possible and making the DM rolls public helps. To keep the game moving, I will roll AoO that I provoke, saves if needed and counter skill checks. This is why keeping your character sheet up to date is critical.

One reason why PbP die is the lost of momentum are people are waiting for other to post. I am very aware of that and I will likely roll initiative and check to keep the story moving as fast as possible. As I said, all my roll will be public in the OOC thread.

g) Post: Please post spoken word in bold and thoughts in italic in the color you choose for your character. As the DM, I will use black. Let us know what color you will use.
    In combat, please post move and standard actions (or double move or full round actions if applicable) separately. Also, I would appreciate if you could indicates AC, HP and spells left and level in addition to move and action information. This is important if you get temporary enhancement to your HP or AC.

Example:
    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 14
    HP: 12/18
    Spells: 0 4/5, 1 2/3
    Effect: Enlarge Round 3/6

h) loot: You will trade loot at 50% of its listed price. This mean that you will buy from your teammate at the price. Example: The loot is a 1,000 gold piece sword. The cost to the team is 500 gold pieces (50% of value). The fighter claims the sword. He will give 125 gold pieces to each of the other 3 team members. If he does not have the gold, he will write an IOU. No new treasure can be claimed until the IOU are repaid.
    Last edited by achinca; 2016-03-10 at 01:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Red Hand of Doom (OOC)

Manai will talk in blue, and Hera will talk in woof.

PS: Hera's link is wrong in the IC thread.
    Last edited by Eloel; 2016-03-10 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Talk in woof.... Pffhaha, that's good. real good.

Anyway, Gabriel will talk in Maroon.

As for the backstory thing, I'm not sure wat we could've done in our adventures together. I mean, Gabriel and Romanov already have a fairly well established friendship and student/mentor thing going on.
    How would Gabriel and Manai have interacted with each other? What's Manai like?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Manai is a bald old gnome. Have you ever been through his forest? (let's assume it's not on the map, to not interrupt the adventure path) He might have guided you through if you meant no harm.
    Last edited by Eloel; 2016-03-10 at 02:05 PM.
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Eloel View Post
    Manai will talk in blue, and Hera will talk in woof.

PS: Hera's link is wrong in the IC thread.
    link fixed and talk in woof is priceless .....
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Just as a funny note:

Manai is 3' tall. Hera is 6' tall from the ground, and is longer than is tall (roughly 9'). Manai sits on Hera for most of the time, as at 35lb, he's 10% of Hera's light load.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Just as a funny note:

Manai is 3' tall. Hera is 6' tall from the ground, and is longer than is tall (roughly 9'). Manai sits on Hera for most of the time, as at 35lb, he's 10% of Hera's light load.
    Eloel,

how did Hera get so big? And why does she have such stat, as a regular wolf?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Eloel,

how did Hera get so big? And why does she have such stat, as a regular wolf?
    She's a wolf with +2 HD. As per the wolf entry in SRD (and MM), 4-6 HD wolves are Large sized. Size increase gives its associated bonuses as per here.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

She's a wolf with +2 HD. As per the wolf entry in SRD (and MM), 4-6 HD wolves are Large sized. Size increase gives its associated bonuses as per here.
    Got it. So Hera is a large animal so she will covers 4 squares in a grid (10 by 10)

just trying to get a sense of the characters.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

You will start in the tiny hamlet of Antiboul, located west of town of Drellinís Ferry. Antiboul Gap grew up around a large walled inn known as the Blind Archer. The folks of Antiboul grow apples, pears, and chestnuts in orchards sheltered below the hills, while shepherds and goatherds keep their livestock in the heights. Other than the inn, there is a temple without denomination for the faithful to pray. The rest are small houses. All commerce is done via travelling merchants who trade goods and services for the produces from the town folks. You are arrived at Antiboul on your way to Brindol, hoping to be hired. Lord Jarmaath of Brindol hears rumors from travelers that the goblins and hobgoblin tribes have banded together under a charismatic warlord. He is hiring adventurer the situation and thin out the goblinoid tribes in the process.

I will make the first post based on this hook and your character description.

EDIT I have posted the common knowledge history of Elsir Vale in the IC.
    Last edited by achinca; 2016-03-10 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Got it. So Hera is a large animal so she will covers 4 squares in a grid (10 by 10)

just trying to get a sense of the characters.
    Correct. She's a big doggy

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

You will start in the tiny hamlet of Antiboul, located west of town of Drellinís Ferry. Antiboul Gap grew up around a large walled inn known as the Blind Archer. The folks of Antiboul grow apples, pears, and chestnuts in orchards sheltered below the hills, while shepherds and goatherds keep their livestock in the heights. Other than the inn, there is a temple without denomination for the faithful to pray. The rest are small houses. All commerce is done via travelling merchants who trade goods and services for the produces from the town folks. You are arrived at Antiboul on your way to Brindol, hoping to be hired. Lord Jarmaath of Brindol hears rumors from travelers that the goblins and hobgoblin tribes have banded together under a charismatic warlord. He is hiring adventurer the situation and thin out the goblinoid tribes in the process.

I will make the first post based on this hook and your character description.

I thought we were transporting some mcguffin. Is this a stop on our way to delivering it, or does the game start before we get hired to do so?
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-03-10 at 03:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin-pult View Post

I thought we were transporting some mcguffin. Is this a stop on our way to delivering it, or does the game start before we get hired to do so?
    The mcguffin assumed you knew each other so it was out of the window when we could not find a common link. The game will start as you are on your way to Brindol.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

The mcguffin assumed you knew each other so it was out of the window when we could not find a common link. The game will start as you are on your way to Brindol.
    Ooh, ok then. I'm with ya.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

So the Druids out healer then. ;)
    And Rinn will take Blue

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    And Rinn will take Blue
    Seems like it. I sure can't do it. I won't be riskin' any of those multiclass penalties. (Filthy, nasty penaltieses...)

Also... Wow. that was a really nice batch of rolls you got right of the bat in the IC. Careful you don't use up all the good rolls before you really need them

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems like it. I sure can't do it. I won't be riskin' any of those multiclass penalties. (Filthy, nasty penaltieses...)

Also... Wow. that was a really nice batch of rolls you got right of the bat in the IC. Careful you don't use up all the good rolls before you really need them
    Yea it's always the case isn't it.
    The dice gods build my confidence up while the task isn't important then as soon as things get real, BAM! Low rolls...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

And Rinn will take Blue
    Oh damn, I forgot to prepare spells. But you can assume I'll heal, yes.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

And Rinn will take Blue
    Manai is already talking in blue. Can you pick another color?

Will contact JNA to let him know the game started.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, ye old arrow to the knee story.
    I'll talk in this colour.

If it's not too annoying.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2016-03-11 at 07:55 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Haha, ye old arrow to the knee story.
    I'll talk in this colour.

If it's not too annoying.
    you got to respect the history that came before us. Gold is good.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Not to be a downer, but I'd actually prefer if you used another color than gold. I'm not sure why, but I find it really hard on the eyes, and kinda have to strain them to read it. You could use Golden rod, perhaps? it's almost the same, but not as hard on the eyes for me.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Colossus in the Playground

Romanov will talk in Bold Grey.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Not to be a downer, but I'd actually prefer if you used another color than gold. I'm not sure why, but I find it really hard on the eyes, and kinda have to strain them to read it. You could use Golden rod, perhaps? it's almost the same, but not as hard on the eyes for me.
    No problem ill use this
    I'm actually not fussy about my color at all, as long as it is easy to type as I do all my posts from my phone.
    I'll even go purple if you prefer
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2016-03-11 at 11:37 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

No problem ill use this
    Much obliged. That's a lot easier to read.

EDIT: Oh I like that, JNA. "Snoring is my defense mechanism..." Ha, that's good stuff! I'm already digging this apprenticeship/friendship.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-03-11 at 12:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Much obliged. That's a lot easier to read.

EDIT: Oh I like that, JNA. "Snoring is my defense mechanism..." Ha, that's good stuff! I'm already digging this apprenticeship/friendship.
    ditto. I really like the interactions so far and how each character personality is slowly introduced. Well done everyone.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh step inside the tavern so I can interactttttt.......

Lol yea those two are great, it's going to be fun :)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh step inside the tavern so I can interactttttt.......

Lol yea those two are great, it's going to be fun :)
    working on it right now .....
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr DM's turn again?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground