Sonia has Diael's Notes:
    Caerulea's Mission in Umbria City:
    Bittersweet's Banishment:
    Luka's Blessing:

Notes:
    Modern Gun rules (DMG) in effect

Player Characters:
    Loyal Paladin as Tsegtseg "Lobelia" Strongarm

Virus Ink as Sonia Grindle, who currently has material stolen from Diael's Lab.

NeoPhoenix0 as Cynthia Shadowsword: A shy girl trying to make herself a place in he world and hoping to make some good friends. ThemeSong

Illven as Lea, Lea Brightheart. An excitable Vikingish skald with a weakness for pretty women, and a fire in her veins. Themesong: Cover of Overused Skyrim Song

IZ42: Kadic, magical engineer.

NPCs:

Diael: A Master Guardian. Dilligent and proud, his attitude is a clear indicator of his incredible abilities as a mage. He's also an accomplished experimenter. His nephilim traits include 6 small, grey horns that match his eyes, and a serpentine tail, which is rarely seen as he is always wearing his guardian's long coat. Theme Song: Meteor
    Rankings: Cynthia, Sonia, Kadic, Lea, Lobelia

Lamin Lamina: Diael's Familiar. A large white snake with a black diamond pattern. She's very kind, and loves to snuggle with warm bodies.
    Rankings: Cynthia, Lobelia, Lea, Kadic, Sonia

Tora: A tigress catfolk and Guardian. She seems rather energetic and enthusiastic for her work.
    Rankings: Cynthia, Lea, Sonia, Kadic, Lobelia

Bittersweet: A catfolk cafe owner. She's very peppy and always works around the clock to provide delicious treats for her customers. She does have some strange practices, though...
    Rankings: Lea, Sonia, Kadic, Lobelia, Lobelia

Edinah: A gentle and friendly mercenary that works for Sanctum Corp. She's very interested in learning about magic. Tora has a bit of thing for her.
    Ranking: Lobelia, Sonia, Cynthia, Lea, Kadic

Will: A mercenary who works for Sanctum Corp. He's very dedicated, and wants to ensure the safety of the people of Umbria.

Nimi: Edinah's friend. A young greyhorn nephilim with too much time on her hands and a distorted sense of relationships.

Luka: A guardian who is capable of healing. He's very charming and polite.
    Lobelia, Lea, Sonia, Cynthia, Kadic

Lahala: A timid little catfolk, she is Luka's Apprentice.

Ananthropos: The owner of Wrench of Hephaestus. A pale, raven haired human.

Sassy: A redhorn Guardian, she is very friendly. For a guardian, she seems to have a very friendly and bright disposition...

Caerulea: A Guardian, she is a the premier mindmage of the order. She enjoys taking apart things to understand them, but unfortunately the things she works to understand are people's minds.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-10-05 at 04:50 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Guardian Training (OOC 2)

aw, bittersweet doesn't have a ranking for Cynthia? and there are two lobelias out there? not sure if Tora could handle that.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Are we going to archive the last one?
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    aw, bittersweet doesn't have a ranking for Cynthia? and there are two lobelias out there? not sure if Tora could handle that.
    ... Have Cynthia and Bittersweet spoken? Her ranking is irrelevantly low right now, even if I did display it.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

I am here!

Hello.

Lea's journal
    Day 1.
    Spoiler
    Show

I was told by the Guardian's council to start keeping a journal of our day. They insist that this is solely to better understand how new Guardian's adapt to the responsibility of the job, and that my name will be obscured on all official material. So my first day in the coat, started with meeting two full fledged guardians. Diael, and Bast.... Will there names be obscured?.... Well I can't figure out the backspace function on this blasted thing so..... I hope so. Under Diael I work with four other apprentices. Kadic, Sonia, Cynthia, and Lobelia. It's really warm here, and Bast mentioned having the opposite problem when she first started. Perhaps the Guardian's should include training in locations whose climate is similar to where they will be eventually stations. Bast seems attracted to me, I hope it won't influence the training too much. Not that she's training us, but if she's our link between Diael and us.... Well we're all consenting adults.

I had some issues getting my co-workers numbers. I'm not really used to much modern technology if that wasn't obvious already. The Guardian's tried helping on that, but there's only so much they can do when you're no longer a child apparently. Bast put a picture of herself as my default... “background” I think she called it. Which was changed as soon as I pointed out, my default should probably include me. Lobelia talked about her brother. She seems really fond of him, which is really sweet. I miss my younger sister (Laura) I wonder how she's doing about now....

Diael... Is rather stern... And made comments about putting Lobelia into a pound? I'm not entirely sure why we would be doing that though. Eventually Sonia mentioned that her friend Jeremy was part of her defense, so as much as Diael doesn't seem to like undead, he seems stuck with Jeremy until he graduates.

I also learned that a Lich's soul regenerator is a powerful magic item in it's own right, even after the soul has been removed from it. Kadic seems to not like our boss too much, they may have too similar personalities, while not having a lot in common if that makes any sort of sense.

Lobelia stormed off pretty much as soon as we got to the manor. I guess Diael upset them both? Sonia also went straight to her room, so initially it would have just been Bast, Cynthia, and I for dinner. But Kadic is afraid of snakes, of which Diael has one, so that lead to us almost murdering Diael's familiar I think. Don't tell him that one.

Lobelia also seems to like taking pictures of just girl's breasts? I'm not sure if it's for her brother, or if she's into both too. Bast said she had this friend called Bittersweet in-between swigs of her flask. Bast's a bit of a party drinker.

Bast's friend is frigging gorgeous! Gods. Sleek brown fur, Cute brown eyes, that poppy energy. Lobelia tried getting Bast drunk, better not be to get into her pants. Seems to think Bast is gay. Bast keeps saying she's been with guys. Does Lobelia know bisexual is an option for explaining looking at my chest. Bast is saying she's straight, but....

Then Lobelia got to be a lucky little pain in the behind and got Bittersweet to give her marshmellow hell. Lobelia then tried to get me drunk........ Bittersweet gave me marshmellow hell as well, she was surprisingly chilly, which was nice and refreshing, like mini ice packs in her chest. She said she was cursed somehow. She wasn't really clear on the specifics. I..... It didn't matter. I asked her out, and she said yes. I'm so happy, I can feel the grin beaming from my face, we swapped stories of battles as she helped me home.

Sonia and Bittersweet seem to have an affinity. Not like romantic or anything, but they just seem to like click, and understand each other. It's kinda strange. Sonia also seems to like keeping notes about her teammates. It's kinda strange, but in Guardian school I had a few classmates that would take notes on index cards. So maybe it's a similar thing, to help Sonia memorize and avoid social faux-pas.

Sonia gave me a nickname of Apple, because I have a tendency to blush. And that was pretty much the day, sans Lobelia being concerned about scratching up her robotic arms.

Lea's journal
    Day 2
    Spoiler
    Show

People need to stop alarming me! Pretty much first thing I hear when waking up is Bast yelling, probably because her and Cynthia were intimate. Either sound-proof the room, or be quiet! Then Lobelia tells me that I'm supposed to mind my own business, but if they were quiet, and didn't make me think they were in trouble, I would!

Diael said some mercenaries that he and Bast know were going to be watching our training today. Which is you know whatever. No big deal. Diael's familiar thingy helped me in the shower scrubbing my back.

We met the mercenaries, they seem friendly enough. I don't know why, but I thought they would be more intimidating then they actually work. Maybe they only turn it up when on a job, or something. I guess I'm not a merc, so I wouldn't know. We ended up talking about Sonia's “friend” Jeremy, Will seemed uncomfortable. I don't know why. I mean it's just a skeleton. Not like it's hostile or anything.

We were told to scan for artifacts in the nearby woods. Bast had hidden some artifacts in a clearing. I tried to be clever and used my bardic magic to see the magical auras they would have. However they were in lead lined boxes or something so that failed.

After I found the one artifact that we managed to find, we discussed the different scanner settings and their pros and cons. As we students were talking, Lobeila handed me a piece of paper with a phone number on it. Her brother. We started a bit of a discussion as me and Sonia walked to Bittersweet.

After the cafe closed, Bittersweet handed Sonia and I shovels and a burlap sack. At first I worried that it would be hiding a body, but it turned out to simply be a gathering of mushrooms. Well actually it was a body. Used to grow mushrooms.

But afterwards she broke up with me, she said it wasn't fair to me to string me along, when she couldn't return my feelings. I didn't feel stringed along, but I understand her viewpoint. We're still friends though, just not intimate.
    Last edited by Illven; 2016-07-07 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

... Have Cynthia and Bittersweet spoken? Her ranking is irrelevantly low right now, even if I did display it.
    They haven't really spoken, the only interaction they had was when the team first went out to eat and Cynthia was being awkward and mostly silent.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

That awkward moment that you introduce a character for a purpose and the characters nullify that purpose.

Still bored.

They haven't really spoken, the only interaction they had was when the team first went out to eat and Cynthia was being awkward and mostly silent.
    Yep. Just pretend Cynthia's name is Lobelia, that's how low the rank is. 4th or 5th place is like a quantum state of uncertainty in that case. If you know what place you are speaking of, you don't know who is in it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

That awkward moment that you introduce a character for a purpose and the characters nullify that purpose.
    What was the character's purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    What was the character's purpose.
    See, there you go again asking for IC knowledge OOC. You're going to have Lea make some inferences otherwise I might as well just give all of the games secrets away right now.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

I think I have a couple of ideas...

Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

I think I have a couple of ideas...
    What? To entertain me? Becuase I have a titration demonstration to attend.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh hey we got a spiffy new thread for us to fill up.
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

What? To entertain me? Becuase I have a titration demonstration to attend.
    Nope, about how we ruined your plans.

Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VirusInk View Post
    Oh hey we got a spiffy new thread for us to fill up.
    The posting rate OOC is about twice as much as IC.
    Nope, about how we ruined your plans.
    THat's because you're a smart cookie, but I don't think this is the first time this has happened this game.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

The posting rate OOC is about twice as much as IC.
    I think that's about normal though. Since IC you have to wait for people.
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

THat's because you're a smart cookie, but I don't think this is the first time this has happened this game.
    I'm probably both smarter and dumber than you give me credit for.

edit: really it's the inconsistency that gets people. They never know when i'm doing something intentionally or not.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-03-10 at 07:36 PM.

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad to see no one likes Kadic that much, it means I'm doing my job
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VirusInk View Post
    I think that's about normal though. Since IC you have to wait for people.
    True.
    I'm probably both smarter and dumber than you give me credit for.

edit: really it's the inconsistency that gets people. They never know when i'm doing something intentionally or not.
    I'm generally well run. I'm pretty obsessive when it comes to knowing things, especially if it's a rare piece of info.
    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Glad to see no one likes Kadic that much, it means I'm doing my job
    Diael likes Kadic. Nimi does too.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Diael likes Kadic. Nimi does too.
    Nimi isn't listed and Kadic isn't Diael's favorite.

Also, since I'm AFB can someone run the rolls for me on Furtive Filcher and determine the cost (Init. Price * .75 (artisan) * .75 (other feat))? That'd be wonderful if someone could

Also: minor peeve. My character's name is the only one not shown for character sheet links D:
    Last edited by IZ42; 2016-03-10 at 11:48 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

20. - Top - End - #20

What! Lobelia is ranked #1 with Luka? Oh this will be rich.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Gaaaah! Forgive me Snowbluff-senpai... I think my brain finished processing the stuff that could have happened... Anyone invent a working time machine yet?

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Nimi isn't listed and Kadic isn't Diael's favorite.

Also, since I'm AFB can someone run the rolls for me on Furtive Filcher and determine the cost (Init. Price * .75 (artisan) * .75 (other feat))? That'd be wonderful if someone could

Also: minor peeve. My character's name is the only one not shown for character sheet links D:
    I should help with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    What! Lobelia is ranked #1 with Luka? Oh this will be rich.
    It's true. It makes sense when you know there's a trick to everyone's ranking system.

... oh god it's a dating sim.
    Gaaaah! Forgive me Snowbluff-senpai... I think my brain finished processing the stuff that could have happened... Anyone invent a working time machine yet?
    It's okay. Perform 20 Hail Snowbluffs on your prayer beads in repentance.

Also, I knwo a time traveler, but she's a bit reclusive. It's best if we don't ask for her Blessing.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

It's okay. Perform 20 Hail Snowbluffs on your prayer beads in repentance.
    That is against the religion I made up.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, then how in Snowhell are you supposed to get my forgiveness in the Snowreligion I made up?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, then how in Snowhell are you supposed to get my forgiveness in the Snowreligion I made up?
    Time travel

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Time travel
    That doesn't work. That just means you're covering up your mistakes instead of taking responsibility.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

That doesn't work. That just means you're covering up your mistakes instead of taking responsibility.
    No, it means I am taking responsibility by preventing the mistake... Conjuration teleportation spells solve everything.

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #28

... oh god it's a dating sim.
    What. No. Not again.

Hahaha.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

No, it means I am taking responsibility by preventing the mistake... Conjuration teleportation spells solve everything.
    Yes, we can do something even the might Xelor himself could not accomplish.

When we are done, everything we have done to prepare for this day will be forgotten, and all will be forgiven.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-03-11 at 03:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

You know, since teleport through time is a teleport spell, it is a very valid thing to say that you are just running away from your own timeline. Especially if you prevent the thing that caused you to teleport through time.

Ha, this proves d&d runs on multi-verse theory. There is no time travel, just travel to similar worlds at a different point in time and you will never make it back to your original, probably.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-03-11 at 03:07 PM.

Current avatar by me