New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Villain Handbook: TIER 1 NIGHTMARE

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I think you need a file type to get the picture to actually appear. Fortunately, the picture you were trying to post is pretty popular, so it shouldn't be hard to find a JPG version.
    At the risk of sounding like an idiot . . . how? I tried (in the preview post window) with a jpg and it didn't work.
    “Stupid entropy ruins everything.”
    -Jennifer Ouellette

My divine portfolio (cred goes to Jormengand):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bobby, the Twist in Time
    Divine Rank: 4
    Deity of: Twisted Truth, Time
    Symbol: A pair of wings made of fossils
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Worshipers: Archaeologists, forgers
    Cleric Alignments: Any neutral
    Domains: Artifice, Creation, Knowledge, Time
    Favoured Weapon: Longsword

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Villain Handbook: TIER 1 NIGHTMARE

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Baratheon View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an idiot . . . how? I tried (in the preview post window) with a jpg and it didn't work.
    Taking into account that I myself am not particularly technically inclined, I'll see if I can explain my usual process: I usually press the "Insert Image" button and copy-paste the link into the box that appears. Assuming you did this, and it still didn't work, it's possible that the image you were trying to load as a jpg was larger than the site likes, in which case you'll need to place the image within a spoiler as well.

If you're still having problems at that point, it's beyond my personal ability to troubleshoot, at which point it might be best to go check the Board Issues section for help.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sorcerer Villain Handbook: TIER 1 NIGHTMARE

Vampire, you seem very insistent that Evil Weather will render you completely immune to all divine casters. Have you considered that spending an hour casting a spell that will be effective for 3d6 minutes is a pretty good way to waste your time? I don't see anything in your build that allows you to cast spells faster than normal.

A wizard would just use Uncanny Forethought and cast it as a full-round action. Now that might be a problem for clerics.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-03-12 at 05:04 AM.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Entries have been posted for the newest round of Junkyard Wars. Are YOU the judge we need? And while you're there, vote for the next round!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Vampire, you seem very insistent that Evil Weather will render you completely immune to all divine casters. Have you considered that spending an hour casting a spell that will be effective for 3d6 minutes is a pretty good way to waste your time? I don't see anything in your build that allows you to cast spells faster than normal.

A wizard would just use Uncanny Forethought and cast it as a full-round action. Now that might be a problem for clerics.
    That's just one way to win , of course , that in addition to the Evil Weather and Malefic Properties ( Impervious of the Divine ) .
    The cleric will never act first .
    Even if act , a simple contingency spell counter- Greater Arcane Fusion .
    And I have my doubts whether it can detect the villain , I think unlikely.
    Still have Hide Life and Blink, Greater

Detail: The vilain can cast Holyword/Blasphemy
    So,
    Not only he can use it within the Greater Arcane Fusion .
    Slot 7: Blasfemy ( caster level 60 )
    Slot 4: Twin Fell drain Sculpt Transdimentional Whriling Blade ( +181 attack roll touch)
    601 damage
    Save 131 or imprisoned
    Save 128 or Plane Swift
    Last edited by Vampire; 2016-03-12 at 09:07 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

amused Re: Sorcerer Villain Handbook: TIER 1 NIGHTMARE

That red fel guy's a real crack on the dictionary, huh? Handbook and Thread, who would've thought we would learn TWO new words tonight? Poor vampire taking such a beating, though...
    Last edited by Dr. Azkur; 2016-03-12 at 08:10 AM.
    I may or may not go by 'Doc'.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    All liches have phylacteries, but not all phylacteries have liches.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

tongue Re: Sorcerer Villain Handbook: TIER 1 NIGHTMARE

Guys, wait! We're all forgetting something! Turns out this build is unbeatable!

After all, the sorcerer... will have surprise attack.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-03-12 at 12:06 PM.

Entries have been posted for the newest round of Junkyard Wars. Are YOU the judge we need? And while you're there, vote for the next round!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay, so, T1 solution. Contingent (Celerity) to cast Time Stop. Cast Delayed Blast Fireball a few times, then Plane Shift to your Demiplane that has accelerated time. Take a nap. Cast Time Stop again, Plane Shift back, cast Delayed Blast Fireball again a few more times.

Repeat ad nauseum, using nested Time Stops to get infinite Delayed Blast Fireballs.

Then, once that's done, Plane Shift back to your demiplane, Scry the event, and watch it in slo-mo, thanks to your accelerated time.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Okay, so, T1 solution. Contingent (Celerity) to cast Time Stop. Cast Delayed Blast Fireball a few times, then Plane Shift to your Demiplane that has accelerated time. Take a nap. Cast Time Stop again, Plane Shift back, cast Delayed Blast Fireball again a few more times.

Repeat ad nauseum, using nested Time Stops to get infinite Delayed Blast Fireballs.

Then, once that's done, Plane Shift back to your demiplane, Scry the event, and watch it in slo-mo, thanks to your accelerated time.
    Hey man =), nice argument.

Look my contigency condition:

When the villain attack, cast Twinned Greater Arcane Fusion
    When the enemie cast Time Stop, Cast Maximized Time Stop
    When the villain is attacked, cast Twinned Greater Arcane Fusion

When the wizard teleport back, Antecipate Teleport get him.

The villain is immune to Divination , either by Mind Blank or Ex - Vecna ​​Blooded.

My friends , these " combos " are common and will not work easily, this character was made ​​to give counter.
    Holyword optimization and Time stop it is so common.
    Last edited by Vampire; 2016-03-12 at 12:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm not sure casting time stop actually works when time stop has already been cast. Also, I thought you could only have one contingency at a time.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    I'm not sure casting time stop actually works when time stop has already been cast. Also, I thought you could only have one contingency at a time.
    1. It does. Time Stop isn't you stopping time, it's you speeding up. If you still think time stops can't be chained, ready an action to re-cast it the moment the time stop ends.

2. You can have multiple with the Craft Contingency feat.

Extended signature!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

Craft Contigency spell feat:

No, active contingency immediately when the condition is made , we would be fighting at high speed. ( both inside time stop )

Contigency:Twin Greater Arcane Fusion:

Slot 7: Sanctum Twin Limited Wish < Celerity

Slor 4: Opened

4 Celerity, 4 stardart action
    The vilain will be first.

This vilain have a stupid versatility:
    1) Get Rings of Theurgy
    2) Get slayers/binding
    3) acess to all spells.
    All spontaneous caster inside the legion can acess any spell.
    Last edited by Vampire; 2016-03-12 at 01:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Y'all are doing contingencies wrong. Try this:

1. Contingent Twinned wish (created via XP free wish), set to wish for whatever the highest contingency on this list that is not active is.
    2. Contingent mindrape or programmed amnesia, set to cause you to fall in love with the most dangerous living creature that can be damaged by love's pain is.
    3. Contingent love's pain targeting yourself, set to trigger constantly.

Presumably you could sprinkle in contingencies to strip defenses that stop love's pain from killing people.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

First point of order, two people casting "Time Stop" does not put them both within the same stopped time (letting them duke it out at relative speeds): whoever casts it first completes their Time Stop before the other person casts theirs.

Second point of order, contingencies interrupt the action that triggers them, meaning that they precede it; thus, having a Contingency ready to let you cast Time Stop when someone else casts Time Stop means that your Contingency goes off before their Time Stop is complete.

Third point of order, contingencies cease to exist once they're activated.

Fourth point of order, the wording on contingencies is important; your Time Stop contingency is set to activate when an "enemy" casts Time Stop; what counts as an enemy makes it difficult to actually use this against other characters, at least without metagaming.

Fifth point of order, what's to stop someone from having a Contingent Time Stop of their own?

EDIT: To be clear, this is a response to Vampire on contingencies in general, not to Cosi's suggested Contingency plan, which looks fairly solid.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-03-12 at 01:17 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #74
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    Y'all are doing contingencies wrong. Try this:

1. Contingent Twinned wish (created via XP free wish), set to wish for whatever the highest contingency on this list that is not active is.
    2. Contingent mindrape or programmed amnesia, set to cause you to fall in love with the most dangerous living creature that can be damaged by love's pain is.
    3. Contingent love's pain targeting yourself, set to trigger constantly.

Presumably you could sprinkle in contingencies to strip defenses that stop love's pain from killing people.

Mindrape and Programmed amnesia are mind-affecting and target spell:
    Mind Blank or Veil of the undead = mind-affecting immunitie.
    Dangeous, reflect or Rod of Absorvition.
    Love pain are mind-affecting too.
    With twin wish, 50.000 xp and only 2 celerity,
    Last edited by Vampire; 2016-03-12 at 01:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
    Mindrape and Programmed amnesia are mind-affecting and target spell:
    Mind Blank or Veil of the undead = mind-affecting immunitie.
    Dangeous, reflect or Rod of Absorvition.
    Love pain are mind-affecting too.
    You're casting mind rape on yourself so that you love whoever your enemies happen to be. You are subsequently casting love's pain on yourself so that your enemies (who you love) take damage. It does require you to leave yourself vulnerable to mind-effecting spells, but it also kills every enemy that can take damage instantly. So you win some, you lose some.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

There is one problem with the Love's Pain plan though- eventually, YOU will become the greatest threat to yourself, and you'll accidentally kill yourself. You'll need to have a Contingency that stops the chain with an Antimagic Field when it starts to target you.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Thread closed for obvious Forum Rules violations. Please report suspected returned banned posters so that they can be investigated promptly.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex