New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Class in 30 minutes: Taking requests.

The problem with making so many classes so quickly is that I reach idea burnout pretty quickly!

Does anyone want a class made for them?

List so far:

Last edited by Jormengand; 2016-06-11 at 12:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Class in 30 minutes: Taking requests.

See if I were to request a Class/Prestige class, I'd want either certain base classes made into small Prestiges(Druid, Paladin, Monk), or Racial Paragons.
    Your friendly neighbourhood sniperman.
    My controversial opinions:
    • I like blue souls.
    • Alignment isn't terrible.

My Homebrew: Feng Shui; Magic in Zones, Plus others I'm not particularly proud of rn.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AtlasSniperman View Post
    See if I were to request a Class/Prestige class, I'd want either certain base classes made into small Prestiges(Druid, Paladin, Monk), or Racial Paragons.
    I guess I could make prestige monk, though I'm not sure what the point of prestige druid would really be.

4. - Top - End - #4

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I guess I could make prestige monk, though I'm not sure what the point of prestige druid would really be.
    I don't like letting my players start as Monk, Paladin or Druid in my campaigns and usually limit them to taking those classes at the earliest level 3, because you have to earn it. I also don't allow Wild shape, which puts people off Druid entirely for the most part despite their spell list and animal companion stuff.
    Your friendly neighbourhood sniperman.
    My controversial opinions:
    • I like blue souls.
    • Alignment isn't terrible.

My Homebrew: Feng Shui; Magic in Zones, Plus others I'm not particularly proud of rn.

5. - Top - End - #5

Daemon

I like the idea of a good wildshape/rage PRC. Maybe something like a mix between wildrunner and warshaper or master of many forms. The idea of a person screaming bloody murder and charging at a foe whilst turning into a bear is kind of stuck in my mind right now.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

A telepathy class would be fun.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by AtlasSniperman View Post
    If you want to get entirely technical, Bard was the original prestige class, requiring levels in fighter, thief, and magic-user before a player was allowed to gain levels in it, back in ye olden days of early D&D.
    4e Homebrew: Shadow Knight, Scout
    roll20: Kitru

8. - Top - End - #8

A class that slowly turns you into an aberration as you gain levels in it.

A class that is based around fear. The powers are tied to how scared you are and allow you to spread that fear to others or take away their fear.

A class similar to the long above except replace fear with love,hate,an elemental force, life force, negative energy, memories, lies, secrets, spiders, what have you.

A class that is based around firefighters, lifeguards, and other people who save others from dangerous situations. At low levels you run head first into burning buildings to save people, at higher levels you go in and out of a dragon's jaws, you dive into the abyss and make it out alive. They would gain abilities like elemental resistance, blocking attacks that would otherwise harm other people, stabilization and such.

A class that only knows how to cut things, but can cut anything. Would gain utility abilities that are based around cutting very good. Could include Bushido related fluff.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Just for understanding ctulhu i humbly request class based on marlowe or neopheonix

10. - Top - End - #10

Planetar

Ooh, maybe a quick Powered Armor class!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Drunken Fist?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Added the Prestige Monk, Prestige Druid, Feral Soul. Telepathy class is too little to go on: you can already play a Telepath psion. Turns you into an abberation is probably an easy enough Dragon Disciple hack (though Xenobard turns you into an alien). The emotion-based ones sound like things that I shouldn't really try in 30 minutes. Rescuer and Cutter sound interesting, I'll have a think. Cthulhu disciple is CotA played straight. Power Armour is a possibility, maybe hack soulknife (only soulknife is bad), or hack this instead. Drunken Fist is almost certainly a drunken master (CW) hack.

I'll have a bit more thought about it.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'd really enjoy seeinga slumlord class. By this I basically mean someone who is okay at combat and specializes in buying/selling/dealing with lower class/criminal people

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question Re: Class in 30 minutes: Taking requests.

Think you can pull off a crafter class that does stuff by taking away? So like a little backwards sounding fluff wise but mechanically straightforward? I am interested in your take even if dropping the craftsman angle is necessary.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

How about: the shadow magic (ToM) equivalent of the spirit shaman (CDiv)... whatever that might look like
    "This civilization has not yet fully recovered from the shock of its birth — the transition from the tribal or 'enclosed society,' with its submission to magical forces, to the 'open society' which sets free the critical powers of man." - Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies, 1945

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

An oil based class?

A class based around becoming a yeti.

A class involving forming magical rocks to throw.

Explosive Music.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Allnightmask View Post
    Think you can pull off a crafter class that does stuff by taking away? So like a little backwards sounding fluff wise but mechanically straightforward? I am interested in your take even if dropping the craftsman angle is necessary.
    Demi-artificer?

Quote Originally Posted by OttoVonBigby View Post
    How about: the shadow magic (ToM) equivalent of the spirit shaman (CDiv)... whatever that might look like
    You know that joke about how only one third of the ToM is full? They're wrong, two thirds of it is. I don't know either of those classes well enough to try to pull that off, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    An oil based class?

A class involving forming magical rocks to throw.
    Potion maker refluff?

Explosive Music.
    Xenobard or Techno Player?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Always wanted a real, deadly, well made "Killer" Class.
    No fancy poisons, or magical abilities like Invisibility, but raw, unchained Skills and Power (maybe psionic but definitely NOT magical)in killing.
    Tried my hands at a Ranger/Rogue Variant Mix once, did not work out the way I wanted.

Aside from that a pure Shapeshifter Class that actually works and is NOT a Druid offshoot would be great too!
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

How about a class that focuses on being posessed by something? With options for it being a feind, celestial, ghost, or horror from beyond.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    Always wanted a real, deadly, well made "Killer" Class.
    No fancy poisons, or magical abilities like Invisibility, but raw, unchained Skills and Power (maybe psionic but definitely NOT magical)in killing.
    Tried my hands at a Ranger/Rogue Variant Mix once, did not work out the way I wanted.
    Hitman? Mundane Trickster if you're feeling OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    How about a class that focuses on being posessed by something? With options for it being a feind, celestial, ghost, or horror from beyond.
    You mean like the spirit host?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jormengand, I love how you have made literally everything in the universe. But really the only thing you haven't dove headlong into is shadowcasting as far as I've seen.

22. - Top - End - #22

How about a wizard who can cast every spell of the highest level he knows exactly once each time he gains a level in that class?
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post
    How about a wizard who can cast every spell of the highest level he knows exactly once each time he gains a level in that class?
    I don't know exactly what you're after: could you give me an example of what you mean?

24. - Top - End - #24

I don't know exactly what you're after: could you give me an example of what you mean?
    Actually, the explanation is pretty much the whole class. At first level, he can cast 1st level spells and cantrips. He can cast each spell on the wizard/sorcerer spell list once until he gains a level. He has no per day limit, and doesn't regain spells other than by leveling up. At second level, he can do it again, at caster level 2. At third level, he does this with 2nd and 1st level spells and cantrips. So, yeah, this might be a five minute class, depending on how fast you can make tables.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post
    Actually, the explanation is pretty much the whole class. At first level, he can cast 1st level spells and cantrips. He can cast each spell on the wizard/sorcerer spell list once until he gains a level. He has no per day limit, and doesn't regain spells other than by leveling up. At second level, he can do it again, at caster level 2. At third level, he does this with 2nd and 1st level spells and cantrips. So, yeah, this might be a five minute class, depending on how fast you can make tables.
    That class would be really horrible game design and I don't want to touch it; sorry.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

That cast every sorc/wis spell once per level is litteraly "FIND ALL OF THE SPLAT BOOKS HAVE ALL OF THE SPELLS.....ISH BUT CLOSE ENOUGH."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Class in 30 minutes: Taking requests.

Hitman? Mundane Trickster if you're feeling OP?

Why THANK YOU!

They both fit my Idea very well, depending on the wanted Power Level!

Muhahahaha...Ideas are forming!
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

How about a class that focuses entirely on bardic music, without having any spells?
    Yar! I'm a signature virus, copy me into your signature!

An RPG I'm working on

Homebrew: Arcane Architect

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

You mean like the spirit host?
    Nothing new under the sun, but yeah that's about what I was thinking.

How about instead, a class that deals with the Deathless type. Like how the dread necromancer would be to the undead.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Nothing new under the sun, but yeah that's about what I was thinking.

How about instead, a class that deals with the Deathless type. Like how the dread necromancer would be to the undead.
    You're kidding, right?