New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight Warrior Base Class (with alternative casting system) [PEACH]

Hello! I'm updating a day late.

I've removed Solar Shard and Lunar Aura from the cantrip list, and they will be features of the Astromancer class instead.

I think that I'll just allow the class all the cantrips for now. There aren't too many, and none of them now provide damage or other specifically combat ability. This may change.

I've taken your advice about 10/minutes for each incantation prepared.

Interesting idea. It's fairly niche (certainly way less applicable than Darkvision), and as you pointed out can have weird interactions, but it's for sure an interesting idea
    How would you feel about giving them blindsight in a small radius (10-30 feet)? This would be essentially the same idea.

I just had a random thought. Have you seen the star warlock from UA?
    I've just taken a look now. I don't know if any of it fits into my current subclasses, but I have been considering a stellar subclass - I may draw ideas from here.

Now, I know that I promised to replace the 6th level features of the subclasses. I'm still working on it; I can't find terribly good replacements at the moment. For now, I leave the paltry replacements; know that I'll change it soon enough.

There are two things I'd like to see for this:
    1. More uses for each individual type of energy, and
    2. A subclass focused on balance, rather than absolutes.
    1. I'm working on this; hopefully this will be represented in the 6th level subclass feature of each path.
    2. I think that this is rather well represented already. When you use too much solar energy, you must use lunar energy to compensate. You can only use cantrips centered around the center of your celestial energy pool. The paths of dusk and dawn are at the midway point of lunar/solar energy - they only symbolically center on the transformation from one to the other. I think that the paths represent the different ways that a character than represent their balance between the extremes of the sun and moon. I'm open to ideas on the themes of this class however; let me know.

I've updated the PDFs; thanks to all of you for your help!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight Warrior Base Class (with alternative casting system) [PEACH]

What I mean is that I'd like to see a subclass focused less on transforming the two types into each other and focused more on keeping your two pools of power in balance with each other. You have a subclass focused on transforming light into dark, and you have a subclass focused on transforming dark into light. I personally would be interested in seeing a subclass focused on keeping the two in balance, without straying too far either way. They could be less powerful with each individual type than other characters, but they could have greater versatility and possibly some more Monk-like abilities due to their spiritual balance or whatever.

We have a class that uses two different forces - opposite, yet complimentary - and two subclass that basically focus on prioritizing one over the other. It just feels right for us to have a third subclass focused on keeping the two forces in balance.

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show