A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Artifacts

Okay. I am working on a build that I really want to work and I know that everyone here will tell me it is terrible. So without revealing anything super specific about why the build is bad, can somebody tell me if there is any way to make up for lost paladin spellcasting levels. Currently, the character's level is 20 and the effective spellcaster level is 17.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Sees the word golem.

Sees it's not for me.

You can't see it but the unseenmage is as crestfallen as he is being facetious.
    The paladin pats the unseenmage on the shoulder, offering as much comfort as he can.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

You can't see it but the unseenmage is as crestfallen as he is sarcastic.
    Aw, don't worry, I have something for you!

Golem Sphere
    Major Artifact

The origin of this strange mechanical artifact is largely unknown. Some say that it was crafted by the ancient deity known as Dredhi for some unknown purpose. Others say it hails from the clockwork kingdom of Mechanus, crafted as part of the first Inevitables. Still others say that it was a mortal creation, born from the dreams of a mad Artificer. Whatever the origin, there is no denying the power of this device.

The Golem Sphere is a bronze mechanical sphere about three feet in diameter. Its surface is covered with crevices and ridges, shaped together in an intricate design. To one uninitiated in its use, the sphere is little more than a fancy paperweight. However, those initiated in the art of crafting constructs can find the true use of this sphere.

To activate the functions of the sphere, one must have the Craft Construct feat. Upon activation, the user may take a full-round action to establish control over any creature with the construct type within 100 feet of the user. Non-intelligent constructs, such as golems, simply fall under the control of the user, as if though the user was thier creator. This overrides any previous control over such constructs. Intelligent constructs may make a Will save (DC 10+1/2 the user's HD+the user's Int modifier) to resist control. If they fail, they are affected by the sphere as though by a Dominate Monster spell, except that it is considered an (Ex) effect, and is not considered mind-affecting. Living Constructs (such as Warforged), however, are immune to this effect.

In addition, any time the user attempts to craft a construct, they may make use of the sphere. No more than once per month, the user may craft a construct using only half the required GP price and crafting time, and none of the XP cost, the clockwork mechanics of the sphere helping you along in the crafting process. They may also use it to help craft other magic items in a similar process, but no more than once per month per point of their Int modifier, and no more than once per each type of item per month.

Finally, the user of this sphere may supplant parts of their body with that of a construct. They may undergo a week-long process that transformes them into the object of their craft, costing 50,000 GP and 1/4 their character level in XP. Their type changes to Construct, and they gain the Living Construct subtype. They gain a +4 bonus to their Str and Con scores, and they gain a natural slam attack dealing 1d4 damage for medium-sized creatures. They may be treated as Warforged whenever it would benefit them, and they gain a +4 bonus to their natural armor. They also gain DR 10/Adamantine and SR equal to 10+their HD. However, they now take a -2 penalty on all Cha-based checks made towards non-constructs - while they don't necessarily appear to have changed outwardly, other creatures feel that there is something off about them.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Okay. I am working on a build that I really want to work and I know that everyone here will tell me it is terrible. So without revealing anything super specific about why the build is bad, can somebody tell me if there is any way to make up for lost paladin spellcasting levels. Currently, the character's level is 20 and the effective spellcaster level is 17.
    Practiced Spellcaster makes up for the CL loss, but AFAIK there's no way to close an effective-spellcaster-level gap once it's been created. You'll always be at least three spellcasting levels behind unless you retrain some or all of the levels you have in classes that don't advance spellcasting.

What's the build?
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Practiced Spellcaster makes up for the CL loss, but AFAIK there's no way to close an effective-spellcaster-level gap once it's been created. You'll always be at least three spellcasting levels behind unless you retrain some or all of the levels you have in classes that don't advance spellcasting.
    Dangit...

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    What's the build?
    Well, you are my MoI friend... I'm trying to mix Paladin/Incarnate/Fist of Raziel. For some reason FoR loses me a level of casting and Incarnate would lose me two. I really only want to bind Crystal Helm to the crown slot, not going to lie. I'm working on a DMM: Persist build for a paladin.

Edit:
    Could I do this with Open Least Chakra (Crown) and Shape Soulmeld (Crystal Helm) instead of putting levels into Incarnate?
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-03-31 at 02:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Edit:
    Could I do this with Open Least Chakra (Crown) and Shape Soulmeld (Crystal Helm) instead of putting levels into Incarnate?
    This should work. You just won't have an essentia pool to invest in it for the deflection acwithout having a race ore feat for it.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    This should work. You just won't have an essentia pool to invest in it for the deflection acwithout having a race ore feat for it.
    I think that takes care of my issue... I'm willing to lose 2 feats, but not two spellcasting levels.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm not sure what she's up to. But this one is for VirusInk, she likes to punch things.

Golem Gauntlets
    Ahhh I really, really love this! You know me so well~ This is one of my top favorites ~

Also, sorry I haven't been around much! I've had basically zero internet the past 10 days and have been limited to mobile on top of that.
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VirusInk View Post
    Ahhh I really, really love this! You know me so well~ This is one of my top favorites ~

Also, sorry I haven't been around much! I've had basically zero internet the past 10 days and have been limited to mobile on top of that.
    You poor thing, How are you surviving without crucial internet in your blood!

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Aw, don't worry, I have something for you!

Golem Sphere
    Major Artifact

The origin of this strange mechanical artifact is largely unknown. Some say that it was crafted by the ancient deity known as Dredhi for some unknown purpose. Others say it hails from the clockwork kingdom of Mechanus, crafted as part of the first Inevitables. Still others say that it was a mortal creation, born from the dreams of a mad Artificer. Whatever the origin, there is no denying the power of this device.

The Golem Sphere is a bronze mechanical sphere about three feet in diameter. Its surface is covered with crevices and ridges, shaped together in an intricate design. To one uninitiated in its use, the sphere is little more than a fancy paperweight. However, those initiated in the art of crafting constructs can find the true use of this sphere.

To activate the functions of the sphere, one must have the Craft Construct feat. Upon activation, the user may take a full-round action to establish control over any creature with the construct type within 100 feet of the user. Non-intelligent constructs, such as golems, simply fall under the control of the user, as if though the user was thier creator. This overrides any previous control over such constructs. Intelligent constructs may make a Will save (DC 10+1/2 the user's HD+the user's Int modifier) to resist control. If they fail, they are affected by the sphere as though by a Dominate Monster spell, except that it is considered an (Ex) effect, and is not considered mind-affecting. Living Constructs (such as Warforged), however, are immune to this effect.

In addition, any time the user attempts to craft a construct, they may make use of the sphere. No more than once per month, the user may craft a construct using only half the required GP price and crafting time, and none of the XP cost, the clockwork mechanics of the sphere helping you along in the crafting process. They may also use it to help craft other magic items in a similar process, but no more than once per month per point of their Int modifier, and no more than once per each type of item per month.

Finally, the user of this sphere may supplant parts of their body with that of a construct. They may undergo a week-long process that transformes them into the object of their craft, costing 50,000 GP and 1/4 their character level in XP. Their type changes to Construct, and they gain the Living Construct subtype. They gain a +4 bonus to their Str and Con scores, and they gain a natural slam attack dealing 1d4 damage for medium-sized creatures. They may be treated as Warforged whenever it would benefit them, and they gain a +4 bonus to their natural armor. They also gain DR 10/Adamantine and SR equal to 10+their HD. However, they now take a -2 penalty on all Cha-based checks made towards non-constructs - while they don't necessarily appear to have changed outwardly, other creatures feel that there is something off about them.
    Oooooo! Thank you!

Now the critique... (cracks knuckles)

Am AFB at the moment (moving, everything's buried in cardboard) but how does this item compare to the good ol Rod of Construct Control from Arms and Equipment Guide? FYI that rod should have been a minor artifact it's so strong.

For the transformation bit, are you familiar with the Half-Golem template from MM2 IIRC?
    Am curious how this compares.

Can it be destroyed? And if so how?

Other than that it's beautiful. Reminds me of my first 3.0 character. A construct obsessed Sorcerer (I was young and didn't know what I was doing; I swear!)

He got played to almost epic and eventually transformed into a construct via spamming the aforementioned template.
    Was fun times.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

For the transformation bit, are you familiar with the Half-Golem template from MM2 IIRC?
    Am curious how this compares.
    Well, this doesn't carry the risk of turning evil if you fail a Will save, and of course Half-Golems don't count as Warforged or have the Living Construct subtype.
    Last edited by Tiri; 2016-03-31 at 08:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

I feel your pain. Have been in same boat but for half that time.
    My life when autocorrect can't D&D 3.x/PF.
    So... much... backspacing...

12. - Top - End - #102

Not even all human doors for buildings are two way doors.
    Well, most doors let people go through them both ways. So it's reasonable to assume the Door to Nothingness works the same way.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ywvbevlin View Post
    Well, most doors let people go through them both ways. So it's reasonable to assume the Door to Nothingness works the same way.
    Well, it is a Door to Nothingness. It was never really designed to be a two way thing.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-03-31 at 08:33 PM.

Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it is a Door to Nothingness. It was never really designed to be a two way thing.
    Then perhaps someone should make a Door From Nothingness? An entrance from which anything that is nothing or from nothingness may enter.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    The TV tyrant ball. (TVtyrant)

Major artifact

The TV tyrant ball is a simple artifact if such words could be applied to such wondrous magics.

The wielder of the TV tyrant ball must be lawful evil. If they are not, their lifeforce is drained at the rate of one negative level per round they spend touching the artifact. These negative levels are treated as normal negative levels (And thus enforce a fortitude save 24 hours later if not removed.)

However to Lawful evil wielders, the ball's true power is revealed. The wielder immediately succeeds on any knowledge check, considered to be knowing a fact. They gain a +30 perfection bonus on any other intelligence skill.

In addition a Lawful evil wielder may cast any divination they choose at will. Ignoring any protections a creature may have against divination magic.
    Haha, I am now an evil television! My dream has come true~!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Uh oh. Cuz we have a fight coming up in Guardians. Can you get your laptop to library or cafe or something?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Then perhaps someone should make a Door From Nothingness? An entrance from which anything that is nothing or from nothingness may enter.
    Nothing is nothing. there isn't any of it.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing is nothing. there isn't any of it.
    Nothing isn't always nothing. Nothing just as often, if not more so, something than it is nothing. An empty container, the vacuum of space, the altruism of a friend. These are all things one refer to as nothing. There is nothing in there, there is nothing there, it was nothing.

To bring things in line with D&D we can look to the following; The Far Realm, the Shattered Night, possibly even the Elemental Plane of Blood. Vestiges and other denizens of nothingness. They are something, yet... they shouldn't be and truly aren't. Non-reality.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing is always nothing, it is the actual concept.

Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Artifacts

I'm afraid I must sit this one out, Artifacts are a bit beyond my ken at the moment, especially tying them into one of this forums regulars. You all have fun with this one!
    Elxir Breauer, at your service...

21. - Top - End - #111

However, in the same way that the door to a room is just that from outside said room, it is also a door to the outside from inside the room. The same goes for any door, including the Door to Nothingness.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Uh oh. Cuz we have a fight coming up in Guardians. Can you get your laptop to library or cafe or something?
    She's currently in that city that you think is in the middle of nowhere. The person who manages the internet is currently in a different city and not available to fix it.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-04-01 at 09:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

However, in the same way that the door to a room is just that from outside said room, it is also a door to the outside from inside the room. The same goes for any door, including the Door to Nothingness.
    As I have said earlier the same is not true for any door, because there are one-way doors. Even if that isn't the case with a door to nothingness it doesn't matter because if something were to come out of the door to nothingness then that something wouldn't have come from nothing because whatever it came from at least had potential to be something and was never nothing to begin with. Therefore it couldn't have come from the other side of the door to nothingness. for nothing is the absence of absolutely everything. End of logical argument.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-04-01 at 10:32 AM.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #114

As I have said earlier the same is not true for any door, because there are one-way doors.
    I just meant that given the prevalence of two-way doors, it would be reasonable to assume the Door to Nothingness would be one. Then there is of course the fact that Snowbluff showed a GIF of said door being a two-way door (with something coming out of it, I might add).

Even if that isn't the case with a door to nothingness it doesn't matter because if something were to come out of the door to nothingness then that something wouldn't have come from nothing because whatever it came from at least had potential to be something and was never nothing to begin with. Therefore it couldn't have come from the other side of the door to nothingness. for nothing is the absence of absolutely everything.
    Well, one could argue that what the door does in its function of being a door to nothingness is taking away the potential of things that pass through it to be something, thereby turning them into nothing. Therefore, if it worked the other way round, it would give nothing the potential to be something.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

I just meant that given the prevalence of two-way doors, it would be reasonable to assume the Door to Nothingness would be one. Then there is of course the fact that Snowbluff showed a GIF of said door being a two-way door (with something coming out of it, I might add).

Well, one could argue that what the door does in its function of being a door to nothingness is taking away the potential of things that pass through it to be something, thereby turning them into nothing. Therefore, if it worked the other way round, it would give nothing the potential to be something.
    Then that thing still has the potential to be something so it isn't nothing yet. The thing that passes through the door to nothingness becomes nothing. In fact a thing that passed through the door to nothingness never even existed in the first place, because it would be something if it had existed. That is what the door to nothingness does, that is its power. It makes unaming something seem tame in comparison.

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #116

Then that thing still has the potential to be something so it isn't nothing yet. The thing that passes through the door to nothingness becomes nothing. In fact a thing that passed through the door to nothingness never even existed in the first place, because it would be something if it had existed. That is what the door to nothingness does, that is its power. It makes unaming something seem tame in comparison.
    It is nothing. It never existed, so it had no potential. Then, what was from its perspective (a non-existent one, to be fair), a Door to Somethingness, came and gave it that potential. Now it can exist forever. That is the power of the door, creating something from nothing, and vice versa, of course.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

It is nothing. It never existed, so it had no potential. Then, what was from its perspective (a non-existent one, to be fair), a Door to Somethingness, came and gave it that potential. Now it can exist forever. That is the power of the door, creating something from nothing, and vice versa, of course.
    Impossible because what it made something from wasn't nothing.

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #118

She's currently in that city that you think is in the middle of nowhere.
    You let a little sister go to Urumqi, Xingjiang, unescorted?

29. - Top - End - #119

Spoiler: You all saw this coming.
    Show

Surprisingly, the Bawoo's stats are a lot worse than the Gaza-D or Ga-Zowmn.
    I suppose it must have a real nice cup holder or something.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Guess I gotta curse all these but I'm insane right now to the point of having to make sure everything makes sense three times before I post.
    I'm slightly less insane right now! Let's gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo!

Playgrounder Cursed Artifacts

These follow all of the playgrounder cursed item rules, except they're artifacts. Duh.

Type:
    Body Slot:
    Caster Level:
    Aura: Overwhelming (Actually )
    Weight:

Abyss' Vengeance
    Type: Major
    Body Slot: Weapon (Greatsword)
    Caster Level: 40th
    Aura: Overwhelming Evocation? (Actually Evocation)
    Weight: 8 lb

Forged from the souls of the damned, this sword's powers are legion. It appears just like Heaven's Wrath, except that it destroys any paladin (or good or lawful neutral paladin variant, such as a paladin of freedom) who tries to pick it up: treat this as a disintegrate (CL 40, DC 40) with no damage cap, every round the weapon is held. A fallen paladin of one of these types is given the choice: either be destroyed or immediately become chaotic evil and take levels in blackguard at the next opportunity, which may involve retraining feats to accelerate this process. If a paladin commits actions against their code while wielding the weapon, they are also given this choice.

In the hands of an evil or chaotic neutral paladin equivalent, the sword is a +5 unholy silver greatsword, allows dispels like a holy avenger, grants SR 11+the paladin's class level to the paladin himself and no-one else, and allows a similar bonding ritual to the original weapon, except that it must be fulfilled entirely with dark craft materials. However, the sword can be used to make as many sacrifices as needed to fulfill this purpose. The sword becomes a +5 vorpal unholy surge silver greatsword, and the wielder can use unholy aura, blasphemy or destruction 3 times/day each. The paladin's aura of evil increases in strength just like the aura of good for the original item only against good creatures. Once per year, the wielder can cast apocalypse from the sky as a spell-like ability.

In the hands of a true neutral paladin equivalent, the sword is dull and unresponsive; it's just a silver greatsword (albeit one that's surprisingly hard to get rid of and you're not sure why). To any other creature, it functions as a +2 silver greatsword.

Arguably, this item isn't really cursed, unless you're a paladin. Poor paladins.

Amulet of Draconic Destruction
    Body Slot: Neck
    Caster Level: 100th
    Aura: Strong Necromancy, Transmutation, and Abjuration (Actually Overwhelming Conjuration)
    Weight: -

A creature who wears one of these amulets (which appear as amulets of the dragon king) immediately finds themselves facing a paragon paragon paragon great wyrm dragon of the appropriate colour advanced to 50 hit dice, and is probably screwed.

Arms of Infinite Fists and Punching
    Body Slot: Weapon (Gauntlet)
    Caster Level: 25th
    Aura: Strong Abjuration and Transmutation (Actually Conjuration)
    Weight: 1 lb each.

These look like Arms of Iz, but actually transport the wearer to the Plane of Infinite Fists and Punching, where each creature on the plane is attacked by 2d6 crushing fists each round (the planar traits are otherwise like those of the prime material, though all the solid places to stand on the plane are interposing hands that are frozen in place). The creature cannot leave the plane without removing the Arms, upon which they return to whichever plane the wearer was on (they also do this if the wielder dies, possibly allowing those with a contingent resurrection effect to remove them and escape, for example).

Cloak of Betrayal
    Body Slot: Cloak
    Caster Level: 20th
    Aura: Overwhelming Enchantment? (Actually Enchantment)
    Weight: 1 lb

Whenever a creature wears the cloak of betrayal (which appears like a cloak of civilisations), each of that creature's cohorts, followers, worshipers, and so forth immediately goes on a quest to defeat the wearer, though they don't take damage for failing the quest and the quest isn't mind-affecting.

Firesoul Gauntlet
    Body Slot: Weapon (Gauntlet)
    Aura: Overwhelming Enchantment and Necromancy? (Actually Evocation)

The Firesoul Gauntlet looks much like the Fiendsoul Gauntlet until a creature tries to wear it. A creature who worships Khadgar, The Wandering God is immediately caught up in holy fire and takes 40d6 damage, half fire but half resulting directly from divine power, each round until the artifact is removed. Any other creature is caught up in regular fire which "Only" deals 20d6 points of fire damage to them each round. Creatures touching or touched by the immolated creature or attacking with a nonreach melee weapon take a quarter of this damage, so it's probably in the possession of some half-dragon somewhere.

Golemsong's Vengeance
    Body Slot: None
    Caster Level: 30th
    Aura: Overwhelming Transmutation? (Actually Enchantment)

This artifact was made by the intelligent greatsword golemsong to look like the golem sphere. However, what it actually does is cause any construct made using the sphere to turn on its maker, and then become free-willed (if the construct had no intelligence score or one below 10, it still does but can act of its own volition as though it had an intelligence of 10).

Holy Tome

This book kills evil or lawful neutral paladin equivalents just like Abyss' Vengeance kills good or lawful neutral paladins. Chaotic neutral paladins apparently get a free pass. Anyway, the holy tome gives any good-aligned paladin that picks it up a +20 bonus to wisdom and charisma for as long as she possesses it. She can cast sanctified spells without paying the sanctified component.

It looks just like a Fell tome, however.

Lyre of Order
    Aura: Overwhelming Enchantment and Transmutation? (Actually Evocation)

While this looks like an Astral Lyre, it actually casts irresistible disintegrate on each chaotic creature who tries to play it, order's wrath each round it's played, and dictum each round it is played by a lawful creature.

Mantle of the Darth Vader
    Body Slot: Cloak
    Aura: Overwhelming Abjuration and Enchantment? (Actually Enchantment)
    Weight: 10 lb

This looks like a Mantle of the Darth Tarrasque, but when worn, actually causes the wearer to spend every standard action posing dramatically and shouting cheesy quotes such as "I am your father!" and "Nooooooooooooooooo!"

Orb of Just Revenge
    Caster Level: 50th
    Aura: Overwhelming Divination (Actually Conjuration)

This looks like a TV Tyrant Ball but actually sends any lawful evil creature who tries to use it straight to hell. It still negatively affects other creatures just like a TV Tyrant Ball.

Purgatory's Judgement
    Body Slot: Weapon (Greatsword)
    Weight: 8 lb

This weapon appears like the sword Heaven's Wrath but immediately bursts into a riot of elemental power whenever a creature whose alignment is not true neutral picks it up, dealing 1d6 points of fire, acid, cold and sonic damage to them for each component of their alignment which is non-neutral, doubled against any type of paladin.

In the hands of most creatures, the weapon (apart from killing most creatures who try to use it) is a +2 adamantine greatsword. When used by a true neutral paladin equivalent, however, it is a +5 holy unholy axiomatic anarchic acidic burst freezing burst flaming burst shocking burst greatsword and the wielder can use greater dispel magic and arbitrament at will.

Soul of the Void
    Body Slot: Weapon (Quarterstaff)
    Caster Level: 41st
    Aura: Overwhelming Divination and Transmutation? (Actually Divination, Evocation and Transmutation)
    Weight: 4 lb

This weapon appears like the heart of the universe, and even functions as one except that any creature who tries to ask questions of Zaydos instead accidentally casts Noone's Black Hole on themselves.

Spurious Hats
    Type: Minor
    Body Slot: Head
    Aura: Overwhelming Transmutation? (Actually Necromancy)

These artifacts look to all inspection like the Spiffy Hats. However, they actually carry a powerful curse: they apply penalties of the same magnitude as the bonuses provided by a Spiffy Hat. Each Spurious Hat only emulates one Spiffy Hat (and subverts its bonuses).

Virus Gauntlets
    Type: Minor
    Body Slot: Weapon (Gauntlets)
    Aura: Strong Transmutation (Actually Overwhelming Necromancy)
    Weight: 16 lb

Each of these massive gauntlets looks like a golem gauntlet, but actually casts irresistible contagion for each possible disease each round on the wielder.

The Well of Souls

Look, this item is already enough of a curse as it is.

The World Asunder
    Body Slot: None (Scroll)
    Caster Level: 100th
    Aura: Overwhelming Divination? (Actually Abjuration and Conjuration)

This scroll appears to be the word made whole, but when a creature tries to use it, it actually causes an island lifted by a word of rising to appear above their head, and the spell is then dispelled, essentially dropping an island of 500 square miles on them from 600 feet above sea level. If the creature is higher than this, then the island instead crashes at speed into the side of whatever they're standing on.