A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Artifacts

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Crappit. Hey, LP, keep your knife away from my book, okay?
    We've made it this far. Just keep your fanfic away from my sword.

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Well it does require continuous Strength checks. As long as you are not pushing towards his knife, that means he has to make the checks, and failing even one means he loses his artifact
    We're deities, we don't roll for anything.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    We've made it this far. Just keep your fanfic away from my sword.

We're deities, we don't roll for anything.
    nope but you can take 20 in any one of them so if you want to duke it out with artifact be my guest( gets some popcorn)

3. - Top - End - #63

IIRC Draconium and my deities are not in the deities thread.
    One imagines this could cause hiccups in artifact creation for us.

Another thing, do deities often weild/take up their own artifacts for divine purpose?
    I always imagined that deities had less need to weild their artifacts than they had need for their mortal servants to weild them.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post

Another thing, do deities often weild/take up their own artifacts for divine purpose?
    I always imagined that deities had less need to weild their artifacts than they had need for their mortal servants to weild them.
    unseenmage for all I know khadgar the wandering god never gives f about this type of events so he is enigma to his demon hunter worshippers

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, our deities are also in our extended signatures, so it's not like they're hard to find.

As for a deity using their own artifacts, I don't see why not. I mean, artifacts are supposed to be uber-powerful. There are quite a few of them that would be as useful to a deity as a normal weapon would be to a normal person - as long as they know how to use it, it just makes them that much more dangerous to fight. Of course, other artifacts would make more sense to be used by the servants, so I guess it varies from artifact to artifact.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Well, our deities are also in our extended signatures, so it's not like they're hard to find.

As for a deity using their own artifacts, I don't see why not. I mean, artifacts are supposed to be uber-powerful. There are quite a few of them that would be as useful to a deity as a normal weapon would be to a normal person - as long as they know how to use it, it just makes them that much more dangerous to fight. Of course, other artifacts would make more sense to be used by the servants, so I guess it varies from artifact to artifact.
    On reflection a) you're absolutely right about them being I need our sigs. (I blame my cold for that brainfart), and b) I imagine major artifacts to be/have been the tools of deities while minor artifacts are the mass produced toys deities pass off on their minions.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweep #1

The Spiffy Hats (gadren)
    Fiendsoul Gauntlet (khadgar567)
    Heaven's Wrath (LoyalPaladin)
    Cloak of Civilizations (Illven)
    Amulet of the Dragon King (Draconium)
    Fell Tome (Red Fel)
    Astral Lyre (illyahr)
    The Mantle of the Darth Tarrasque (torrasque666)
    The Word Made Whole (Jormengand)

I figured that I might as well get this done before the list would have become huge. Though now I am curious about how many sweeps this thread will have...

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Banned

Guess I gotta curse all these but I'm insane right now to the point of having to make sure everything makes sense three times before I post.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Well Since I am here I might as well post my artifact of death

THE WELL OF SOULS

This artifact contacts the souls of over 10000 souls over the years. It is a blood red diamond, the size of a mans fist.

Powers

When around a lich, death knight, or other creatures dependant on phylactaries, It can suck out the souls of them and prevent them from reforming with their phylactary.

Can take out the souls of any creatures that has one. Creatures must make a will save DC 30 or be trapped in the well forever. the reach for this is everything within a mile besides whatever is holding it.

Any creatures without their souls can now be controlled by the well. The well can use them as if they had the same class levels they had in life.

The well can also summon a very large amount of undead, say 1000 zombies skeletons or the like, this power can be used once per day.

The point is don't let the party get this.

The way this can be destroyed is it needs to be destroyed by a holy avenger, it has hardness 30 and 50 hit points.

The problem when it is destroyed is EVERY SOUL inside of the WELL is released!!!!!!!! Incuding those of several high level liches and death knights.

Represents Virusink
    Last edited by ganondorf50; 2016-03-29 at 06:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Heart of the Universe (Zaydos)

"Warmth flows from the perfectly round sphere sitting at the top of a polished staff, bathing all in the light of the cosmos."

At first, there was nothing. The cosmos hung, suspended by in the aether, swirling in a beautiful and chaotic motion, truly capturing what even the most genius of composers would try and fail to create, as perfect as they were unimaginable. Then, the creator Zaydos took form from the chaos and shaped the universe into his creation, all spinning with the rhythm of clockwork. At the center of the wheel, a gem was formed, perfectly round and glowing with the light of the universe. Zaydos looked upon this gem with wonder, for it was the epitome of their vision, warm and welcoming to life, a perfect gem that could not be rivaled by any mortal means. And so he took it and with it, he crowned his staff, and for the first time in their existence, Zaydos was truly connected with the Universe. He felt all, and knew all, and understood his role as the creator. But the gem's splendor did not end there. From its depths, there sprung a multitude of roars, and Zaydos felt a new life emerge from the gem, the lives of all the dragons to exist. The first dragons sprung forth, in the image of their maker, as proud and noble as they were primal and dangerous.

And so Zaydos knew his work was complete, and he left his staff with the first of the dragons, Nidhogg, and went to roam where only the oldest of gods know. Nidhogg carried this staff with pride for years, blessed and thankful that his creator would burden him with such a responsibility. Where he went, the staff followed, blessing the myriad of planets with beautiful warmth and life, for centuries and millennia to come. But even as Nidhogg was chained, the staff continued, blessed with the life and soul instilled into it by all beings.

The Heart of the Universe appears as a staff, about six and a half feet in length, crowned with a beautiful glowing gem and carved from an unknown wood. When the wielder grasps the staff, they are blessed with the warmth of the cosmos and the knowledge of all life. All of the wielder's stats gain a sacred bonus of +8, and any knowledge check with a DC below 50 made by the wielder while holding the staff automatically succeeds. In addition, the staff contains an unlimited number of charges, and may cast any spell the wielder desires, so long as the spell in question does not harm the life of any being. In addition, the wielder may fly through the will of the cosmos, gaining a supernatural flight speed of 120' (perfect), and gains a constant true seeing effect. It is impossible to contain the Heart of the Universe, and any attempt to chain it or otherwise prevent it from leaving the wielder of its own volition results in the attempt automatically failing, and the staff disappearing from the user's possession. In addition, once per year, the wielder may ask the creator Zaydos themself through the staff any three questions that are automatically answered, so long as the question's answer would not result in the harming of any being.

EDIT: Looking back, I think this is the most overpowered and underpowered artifact that will come of this thread, unless someone decides to remove the restrictions on this staff.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2016-03-29 at 06:16 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Arms of Iz
    Major Artifact
    (IZ42)

Long ago, there was a man known as king among his people. A king who ruled through strength of body and spirit, he led his people to victory over their enemies. Eventually, though, the king fell in battle. He left behind a relic of his power, though, that would continue to lead his people for generations.

The Arms of Iz, at first glance, appear to be a pair of gauntlets forged out of a darkly colored metal. They each have their own individual powers when worn. The left one, the Arm of Might, gives the wearer a +6 enhancement bonus to their Str and Wis score, and allow them to use the spell-like ability Righteous Might 3/Day at a caster level equal to their character level. The right one, the Arm of Justice, gives the wearer a +6 enhancement bonus to their Dex and Cha scores, and allows them to use the spell-like ability Mark of Justice 3/Day at a caster level equal to their character level. The Arms are usually kept seperated, but when they are brought together, they reveal their true power.

When both Arms are worn, the enhancement bonuses are replaced with a +10 perfection bonus to all their ability scores (for as long as both are worn). In addition, the wearer receives a constant +10 perfection bonus to their AC, and a +20 perfection bonus to their base land speed. Any natural or unarmed attacks made while wearing both Arms deal damage as if the wearer were two size categories larger, have a +5 perfection bonus on their attack and damage rolls, and they are treated as Epic, Silver, and Cold Iron to overcome Damage Reduction, as well as being treated as the wearer's alignment (Good, Evil, Lawful, and/or Chaotic) for the same purposes. Finally, the wearer has Damage Reduction 15/Epic and Adamantine.

Strong (Transmutation and Abjuration); CL 25

Extended Signature Link

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Well hot diggity damn, Draconium, that's really cool, thanks!
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Well hot diggity damn, Draconium, that's really cool, thanks!
    Thanks, I try.

Extended Signature Link

14. - Top - End - #74
    Colossus in the Playground

The TV tyrant ball. (TVtyrant)

Major artifact

The TV tyrant ball is a simple artifact if such words could be applied to such wondrous magics.

The wielder of the TV tyrant ball must be lawful evil. If they are not, their lifeforce is drained at the rate of one negative level per round they spend touching the artifact. These negative levels are treated as normal negative levels (And thus enforce a fortitude save 24 hours later if not removed.)

However to Lawful evil wielders, the ball's true power is revealed. The wielder immediately succeeds on any knowledge check, considered to be knowing a fact. They gain a +30 perfection bonus on any other intelligence skill.

In addition a Lawful evil wielder may cast any divination they choose at will. Ignoring any protections a creature may have against divination magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    I'll link it in the morning! :0 <(yyyyaaaaawn)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I demand proof that your door to nothingness functions.
    Hey, do you remember Ywvbevlin?

Exactly.
    It's the Door to Nothingness, not the Locked Door to Nothingness. Works both ways.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ywvbevlin View Post
    It's the Door to Nothingness, not the Locked Door to Nothingness. Works both ways.
    nah, once anything goes through it becomes nothing. so it ocld come back, if it weren't nothing.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

nah, once anything goes through it becomes nothing. so it ocld come back, if it weren't nothing.
    Basically, it's a pretty powerful door. Everything on the other side is nothing. Ergo, if something goes to the other side, it becomes nothing.

Ignore the things on the other side. They don't exist. They're nothings.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-03-30 at 12:14 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

18. - Top - End - #78

Basically, it's a pretty powerful door. Everything on the other side is nothing. Ergo, if something goes to the other side, it becomes nothing.

Ignore the things on the other side. They don't exist. They're nothings.
    If I knew how to post images from my phone I'd be all about posting up a reaction image of that wolf thing from The Never ending Story with ears perked up at so many mentions of its favorite no-thing.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

If I knew how to post images from my phone I'd be all about posting up a reaction image of that wolf thing from The Never ending Story with ears perked up at so many mentions of its favorite no-thing.
    It's easy if you examine the BBcode of my posts and copy the format.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

20. - Top - End - #80

Similarly, if nothing goes to the other side from the side of nothingness, it becomes something.

21. - Top - End - #81

That is an accurate and useful response.

As such I declare it crazytalk to defend my own ignorance. (Sarcastically of course.)

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Similarly, if nothing goes to the other side from the side of nothingness, it becomes something.
    Good thing there's only nothing on the other side then.

STOP LOOKING AT THE DOOR! There's only nothing in it. Sheesh.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

You seem to be having a problem differentiating the concept of nothing and the concept of an infinite stuff generator that generates an infinite amount of stuff during every infinitely small period of time. Then again both concepts are alien to the concept of reality.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #84

Good thing there's only nothing on the other side then.
    The door can turn nothing into something provided the transition between something and nothing is reliant on it passing through the door.

You seem to be having a problem differentiating the concept of nothing and the concept of an infinite stuff generator that generates an infinite amount of stuff during every infinitely small period of time. Then again both concepts are alien to the concept of reality.
    A door to nothingness is both an infinite stuff remover and an infinite stuff generator because it is a door. You can go through it from both sides.
    Last edited by Ywvbevlin; 2016-03-31 at 06:24 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85

I'm not sure what she's up to. But this one is for VirusInk, she likes to punch things.

Golem Gauntlets

Minor Artifact

Lore:
    Titanus, the first iron golem was forged, in the fires of Nessus. His form was colossal and rigid, clearly showing his craft was not yet perfected. Despite his imperfection, he made a serious dent in the forces of the abyss. Touting their victories and smiling at their creation, the arch-dukes let Titanus loose unto the prime material plane.

He brought great destruction to the lands, but a great warrior came to meet him in battle and went toe to toe with him in unarmed combat. Claiming the land was hers and that she would defend it. The battle raged on for days and across many miles the two could be heard trading blows.

It is said that, at a crucial moment, the great warrior slid past his defenses and rent Titanus' arms from his body with her bare hands. She then proceeded to launch an 11 hit combo that ended with her ripping his head off. She stood above her mighty foe, claiming his hands as her victory prize and set off into the sunset, never to be seen again.

Item:
    This pair of unwieldy adamantine gauntlets are enormous in size. Any creature of medium size or greater may wield them, but any creature smaller than colossal must have a strength score of 24 or higher to use them. These gauntlets provide the benefits of Proof Against Transmutation and a +20 enhancement bonus to strength. The gauntlets do damage as if they were colossal spiked gauntlets and grant the wearer DR 10/-.

Strong transmutation; CL 20th.

Spoiler: Image
    Show
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-03-31 at 10:35 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

The door can turn nothing into something provided the transition between something and nothing is reliant on it passing through the door.

A door to nothingness is both an infinite stuff remover and an infinite stuff generator because it is a door. You can go through it from both sides.
    Not even all human doors for buildings are two way doors.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Not even all human doors for buildings are two way doors.
    red fell red fell red fell please enlighten us to how to create efficient traps

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Red Fel? Why Red Fel? here is a simple one: Room with one door and a block of cheese and the door is a revolving guillotine door.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-03-31 at 12:51 PM.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Red Fel? Why Red Fel? here is a simple one: Room with one door and a block of cheese and the door is a revolving guillotine door.
    that why segev red fell and I dont use crazy architects as our base makers there is to much idiocity to pull dungeon bypass

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post

Golem Gauntlets

Sees the word golem.

Sees it's not for me.

You can't see it but the unseenmage is as crestfallen as he is being facetious.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2016-03-31 at 01:19 PM.