New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Simple Caravan system, help requested, as well as opinions. (WORK IN PROGRESS)

So, I'm in middle of a design process for a caravan system. I'm trying to create a simple system for a wasteland exploring kind of campaign (the one I've been working on since I first joined the forums, actually). I'm thinking of using the caravan as the player's base of operations, so to speak, so it'll have to be light-weight system that can evolve throughout the game.

So far what I've come up with can be found here.

All help, ideas, and balancing feedback welcome.

And, obviously, ask if something isn't clear. I'll try to explain it further, as the document is basically only a bullet-point checklist for me as the DM, and I should know what I aim to use each feature for.
    That, ofcourse isn't self-evident for everyone else. My apologies in advance.
    Please be mindful of what you say in public; sadly not all can handle sarcasm or The Internet Credibility.
    My Homebrew:
    Base Class: Warlord | Roguish Archetype: Inquisitor | Roguish Archetype: Thug | Primal Path: Rage Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Anon von Zilch View Post
    Words actually mean things, people!

Ongoing game & character:
    Sajan Uttam, human Monk 6/Fist of Irori 3 (Legacy of Fire)

D&D/Pathfinder CV of sorts
    3.0 since 2002
    3.5 since 2003
    4e since 2008
    Pathfinder 1e since 2008
    5e since 2014

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Simple Caravan system, help requested, as well as opinions. (WORK IN PROGRESS)

So, let's say a post-apocalyptic caravan had a turbo-charged bulldozer (imagined speed somewhat equal to a bus from d20 modern) as the locomotive, how fast overland travel would be reasonable, compared to the more medieval vehicles and all depicted by the rules by default?
    Last edited by Arkhios; 2016-04-13 at 12:07 AM.
    Please be mindful of what you say in public; sadly not all can handle sarcasm or The Internet Credibility.
    My Homebrew:
    Base Class: Warlord | Roguish Archetype: Inquisitor | Roguish Archetype: Thug | Primal Path: Rage Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Anon von Zilch View Post
    Words actually mean things, people!

Ongoing game & character:
    Sajan Uttam, human Monk 6/Fist of Irori 3 (Legacy of Fire)

D&D/Pathfinder CV of sorts
    3.0 since 2002
    3.5 since 2003
    4e since 2008
    Pathfinder 1e since 2008
    5e since 2014