A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 289
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    The Grand Cavalcade of Explorers is a vibrant celebration with plenty of food, drink, music, and dancing. Around the fairground, games of chance and skill have plenty of customers, and the activity around the merchant stalls is frantic. As holders of a Royal Charter, you were given a purple and red sash upon entrance, along with a small token that allows you free food and wine - nobody said anything about limits, and some of you are determined to find them!

    As the party moves into its second hour, a loud trumpeting signals the arrival of Lord Mayor Ioseph Sellemius, the current elected leader of Restov. He enters as one might expect, exaggerated smiles and wave, shaking hands, saying hello, and generally behaving like a popular politician should. After only a few minutes of procession, he bounds up a small staircase to a stage. Nodding to a robed man, the Lord Mayor speaks, "Friends, citizens, and volunteers, is everyone having fun at this Grand Cavalcade tonight?" Thunderous applause and cheering gives him the response he seeks.

    "Excellent, I am humbled by your gratitude." he exclaims with a deep bow. Standing up again, he pulls a small piece of paper from his pocket and continues speaking, "We come together today to celebrate a new chapter in our nation's history. A chapter of courage, decisiveness, and heroic deeds. A chapter in which no person can say 'the old days are gone'! No, friends, this chapter will tell the story of how we go into unknown lands full of danger, and not only live to tell the tale, but eradicate the vicious evil that dwells there! We shall be a shining light of honorable civilization into those lands of darkness!"

    The crowd goes wild again, cheering loudly, with many chanting 'Restov! Restov! Restov!' The Lord Mayor heads that off, "Nay my fellow citizens, though I share your passion for our great city, we should not chant our own name, but those of the heroes who journey forth!"

    He looks down at the paper in his hand and begins calling off names. Those called are ushered up on stage, shake the Lord Mayor's hand, then stand behind him. Soon, the people called to the stage have separated from one another and are standing in three distinct groups behind the Lord Mayor.

    Before you have a chance to consider it further, the Lord Mayor is calling your name!

    {{GM OOC: Please let us know what your character has been doing at the Grand Cavalcade, provide a physical description, and then have them hear their name called, and walk up the stage.}}

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    On the edge of the festivities stands a strong, attractive, albeit rather short, long haired man. He wears a green dragon scale breast plate bearing the Medvyed crest and is leaning on a long stick. Normally Kargian loves being out and about, dancing, singing, and drinking among the crowd, but recent news has led him to be a little more reserved today. He sticks to the edge of the crowds eating while keeping watch for anything that could possibly be deemed a threat.

    He listens to the Mayors speech while continuing to keep watch, but getting a little anxious as the names begin being read. Hearing his name he excitedly cheers and raises his staff in the air and hurries up to the stage. He shakes the mayors hand with a wide smile on his face and proceeds to walk to the group he is directed to.
    Last edited by Barebates; 2016-04-12 at 10:17 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Kymark

    Kymark Orlovsky, a burly man with practical short hair and beard. He is glad in oddly silver mail shirt, a red cape, a symbol of Sarenrae around his neck and carrying a greatsword. In many ways he seems a simple man at arms, but there is a fluidity to his movement and his piercing green eyes take in everything.
    Kymark partakes of the food and drink, but unlike some in moderation. It seems the food merely nourishes his body, but it is the people who will be more. Others here will be his companions on his great adventure. His eye catches an unusual person who looks like a cat and he goes to move towards her.
    Just then the Mayor calls his name. He was beginning to worry it was not going to be called. Moving up to the stage he bows and shakes the Mayors hand.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Magentawolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Standing a slender 5'8" and dressed in a comfortably worn, but snugly tailored outfit in muted greys, the figure in question is distinctly feline in form and function; sidelong glances noting her as one of the catfolk it seems, an unusual but not unheard of race in these lands. Furred all in black, she stands away from the main hustle and bustle of the celebration. fingering the gaudy sash that was her badge of 'honor' during this particular party and looking mildly disgusted with its need to be displayed.

    Jade green eyes watched the passing figures while sharply-pointed ears flicked up, listening to snatches of passing conversations for any talk that might be worthwhile to note. As her gaze drifted, so did her thoughts, recalling the... occurrence during the past night. Her tail twitched sharply behind herself a time or two before suddenly stilling, a huffed breath exhaling her frustrations. Glancing up again, she padded with a quiet grace towards one of the wine stalls, picking up a glass and letting the flash of her palmed token quiet the vendor's protest. Letting herself lean against the side of the structure, the figure sipped at the drink, finishing it just as the first blast of those trumpets rung through the air.

    Setting the glass down, she moved to the periphery of the gathering crowd, listening as the Lord Mayor began to speak and just barely hiding a cynical smile in the process. Noting the three groups already formed, she gave each of them an appraising glance before she found her own name being called. Eschewing the stairs, she leapt up onto the stage proper, nodding to the Mayor and offering all of the correct, polite noises in turn. Finished with the pleasantries, she moves back, noticeably forming a fourth group and waiting to see who else may have been called.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Dressed in red robes and an armored coat, with sickle attached to her belt, Nicolette is an attractive young woman of an average height, currently drinking in the corner. She would look even more attractive if she didn't seem so uneasy among the crowd, like a bird in a cage.In fact there are some things about her that feel almost birdlike, certain ways she moves or few scale-like scars visible on exposed parts ofher head and neck. There is also something odd about how she sometimes looks like she is listening to somebody who is not there. Which she is, as spirits talk to her all the time, nagging her, calling her, whispering her name, Nicolette, Nicolette...
    She almost doesn't realize when her name is being called by the mayor. She quickly raises her hadand walks to the place where rest of the group is. re those people who will help her fufill her mission? With these peopleshe will create kingdom for humans and Orcs alike? Have she misunderstood the spirit's calling?
    No, the spirits were clear. She is here with a higher purporse and these people will help her achieve her goal.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Byron was never a fan of crowds, too many people with the possibility of a person carrying a very sharp pointy knife and a vendetta rising as a crowd grows bigger. Instinctively he finds himself on the fringes of activity keeping to himself and trusting that his old chain shirt, hidden by his brown cloak, would protect him against any would be assailant. As the mayor begins to read off names from his list Byron runs his hand through his messy short brown hair anxiously. His eyes darting about the assorted festival participants praying that when his name was called that those with vengeance in their hearts might be far away. "Byron Ironside!" His name blasted out by the Lord Mayor, and for a moment Byron hesitated, considering what he was about to do and the life he was about to leave behind, but such thoughts only delayed him for a moment before he slowly trudged forward. His eyes ever vigilant on the crowd and the group he is directed towards.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Leithbridge wanders through the cavalcade marveling at all manner of people congregated in one place. His sun kissed bronze skin took on a rich luster in the firelight accenting his golden eyes. Finding himself in front of a wine stall, he takes up a chalice of the southern red from the bemused vintner and raises his glass in surprised amusement to the exotic feline figure leaning against the stall.

    The fanfare of the mayor's entrance is a bit quaint but it plays to the audience at large, so he obviously knows his constituents. Three groups are called and Leithbridge has yet to hear his name called. The levity is quickly fading from his countenance as five others are called to make up a fourth group. At the last, the name 'Leithbridge Gravenhurst' rings out over the crowd. Immediately regaining his composure, the nobleman strides forward, the sheathed dueling sword bouncing on his hip and bespoked courtier's outfit rich shades of brown to match his hair, mounting the steps two and three at a time before crossing over to his father's acquaintance. Giving a courtly bow to the lord mayor before rising and engulfing his hand in both of his own, he widely grins as he accepts the cheers of the amassed revelers.

    Moving to the others in the fourth group, he smiles as he proffers his hand to each of them in a spirit of camaraderie.
    Last edited by drayen; 2016-04-13 at 10:54 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Magentawolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Kylarra, keeping her expression reserved, considered each of the other figures as they were called and mounted the stage in turn. Dragonscales and a staff, a druid, mayhaps? Having one of Nature's allies with them could be a boon, indeed.

    The next figure she considered more carefully, spotting the oversized sword slung there. Her eyes narrowed a moment, picking out the symbol worn around his neck. A servant of the gods, or simply a religious man? It was worth further thought, in either case.

    The third, one of the few other females she'd seen adorned with the red sash, seemed scatterbrained at best, which worried her. In the Stolen Lands, everyone would be needing to pull their weight if the stories out of that region had any truth to them.

    From the fourth figure, the immediate feeling she received was nervousness... this one had something to hide. While she could sympathize, she knew equally well that this could be useful... or a threat. Best to find out soon.

    As the last member of their group was called, the feline let out a throaty little chuckle, her muzzle dipping in a moment of acknowledgement from where she'd spotted the man earlier. A decent taste in wine, and he knows how to work the crowd well enough. Hmm. She gave him a firm grip, in turn, keeping her claws well sheathed for the time.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    As the last of you gathers on the stage, the Lord Mayor turns back to the crowd and begins his prepared speech. His droning voice gives you time to look around and take in the other groups on the stage.

    To your left is a group of men dressed in the latest Restovian fashion – all wear dueling swords, fine garb, and wear enough jewelry to feed a small family for a year. Standing to the side is the leader of the group, Meagar Varn, a Swordlord of the city, and the oldest son of a noble family that has seen its reputation and influence strengthen over the past few years.

    Beyond them is a group of wary men and women wearing all manner of clothing and armor, except each bears a black tabard with a gray sigil in the center. You remember hearing them being called the Iron Wraiths, a band of mercenaries known to have fought in the Mendevian wastelands, and to have escorted archaeologists deep into chaotic Iobaria. Their leader is not readily apparent.

    The last group stands to your right, and their leader stands out like the sun in a clear sky at noon. Baron Hannis Drelev wears golden plate armor more appropriate for a museum than a battlefield. A purple cloak hangs from his shoulders, and moves slightly as if being blown by a gentle wind, despite the still air around you. Behind him are six soldiers standing at ease, all wearing colors of House Drelev and bearing swords and shields likewise emblazoned.

    Spoiler: Perception DC 15
    Show
    From your raised vantage point on the stage, you clearly see a number of Town Guard slowly and unobtrusively filing in around the Cavalcade perimeter. They do not have weapons drawn, but they are armored and carry heavy shields.


    As you continue looking around, you notice a buzz from the crowd, and you realize the Lord Mayor has stopped talking. He stares straight ahead into the distance, slowly shaking his head back and forth. A moment later, he drops his head, then raises it again.

    ”Friends, I have just received terrible news. A great tragedy has befallen our land… Our Regent, Noleski Surtova, was seriously injured in an accident. Despite the efforts of everyone involved, the Regent did not survive.”

    He pauses for the crowd’s reaction. Cries of alarm and dismay ring out, and many faces are etched with worry. Ioseph continues, ”Given this horrific turn of events, the House Council has asked all citizens of Brevoy to observe a period of mourning starting tonight. Unfortunately, we must ask everyone to now leave the Fairgrounds and return home. We will have barkers spreading official news on the morrow. Now please, return to your homes, and may Erastil watch over you and your families.

    As he finishes, the Town Guards begin moving into the crowd, encouraging people to gather their belongings and leave the area. Most people start heading toward the exits, though a few of the more inebriated patrons are given an official escort.

    With the Guard clearing out the common folk, the Lord Mayor steps back from the edge of the stage where he is joined by three other men who begin whispering together in hushed tones. The other groups on stage have moved toward the staircases leading down.

    Spoiler: GM Stuff
    Show
    (6d20)[13][4][2][17][17][8](61)


    Spoiler: Kargian, Nicolette, Byron
    Show
    In a stroke of luck, the three of you happen to be looking down into the crowd when you see something very unusual. Four people have pulled wands and are now approaching the stage, all staring at the Lord Mayor and his advisers. These people appear to be commoners, and do not appear to be part of a noble House or government agency. {Each of you gets an action. The people are approximately 40' away from you. Please respond in spoilers or via PM to me. Thanks!}


    Spoiler: Kylarra, Leithbridge, Kymark
    Show
    A steward hurries over to you and begins ushering you toward the exit. He seems to be extremely shaken up by the news of Regent Surtova's death.
    Last edited by Firedog; 2016-04-13 at 09:20 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Spoiler: Kargian's Readied Action
    Show
    If any of them take an aggressive action, Kargian will cast obscuring mist to give the mayor cover to escape.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Kymark

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Perception Roll (1d20+5)[19]


    Kymark is unsettled by the death of the regent. As they are being ushered out, he keeps his eyes on the inebriated as they are escorted out.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Magentawolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Seeming none-too-eager to follow the usher's demands, Kylarra kept a curious eye on the reactions of those nearby, especially the other groups on stage, which included her erstwhile companions as well.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show

    I am not sure if you want these rolls in the IC or OOC thread.
    (1d20)[17]


    Taking notice of the heavily armed soldiers moving into the cavalcade, Leithbridge looks first to the group of duelists then to the mercenaries and next the baron and his retinue before looking to his own group. As all are seemingly unaware, Gravenhurst takes the lead in his group, nodding his understanding to their assigned steward as he amiably links arm with the man and begins jovially rambling. His gait at half his normal speed slows them both down and keeps the rest of the party behind them to give distance between them and the next group.
    Last edited by drayen; 2016-04-14 at 12:37 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    [spoiler=perction roll](1d20+5)[14][/roll]

    Nicolette appears to be disturbed by the turn of events. COud that be the threat the spirits were alluding to? Was she already too late? Have the wheels been put in motionbefore she even had a chance to make her move? She thought herself a player, but could she be merely a pawn on the board and the dice has already been cast?

    Spoiler: action
    Show

    Then she saw people marching towards the mayor. Wands in their hands. That she could figure out. Assassins. Or were they? She decided to be get ready for an attack. In the wayshe was raised. The Orc way. The best defense is to counterattack.

    Readied action: If any of these people acts hostile, Nicolette casts Summon Nature's Ally to summon Giant Centipede in the middle of their group and order it to attack them.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Byron, immensely regretting not bringing weapons to a social function, would move to use his body as a human shield if the commoners draw wands on the Mayor, after all what better way to redeem himself then by saving a possibly corrupt politicians? Otherwise if that's not an option he would attempt to rush the commoners and try to disarm them.


    Byron would move to follow the other groups off the stage, after all the death of a major politician meant little to him in the moment, but at the foot of the stage's stairs he pauses noticing his groups hesitation.
    Last edited by TheSethGrey; 2016-04-15 at 07:54 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Events begin to happen in rapid succession near the stage:

    One of the Lord Mayor's advisers looks up to see four men raising wands at the group. He screams "Assassins!" just as his voice is drowned out by several others -

    Nicolette uses her knowledge of hidden paths to call forth a Giant Centipede in the midst of the group which attacks one of the assassins, tearing into the man's chest!

    Byron rushes forward to shield the Lord Mayor from the assassins' attacks!

    Kargian creates a cloud of obscuring mist which effectively hides everyone on stage from the assassins' view!

    One of the assassins pulls a dagger from behind his back and slashes at the giant centipede, scoring a small hit.

    The other three activate their wands, sending balls of fire hurtling at the stage!

    One of the fireballs shoots out of the top of the mist, exploding well away from any targets. The other two head straight into the mist and explode in the center. As the mist clears, you see one adviser on the ground, another wobbling, and an angry looking Lord Mayor who appears little more than singed.

    -----

    {{Byron, you need to attempt two Reflex saving throws vs DC 14; everyone else, please attempt one Reflex saving throw vs DC 14}}

    {{Please roll initiative and describe what action you're taking - PCs go first, then NPCs/enemies}}

    {{The obscuring mist has largely burned off due to the fireballs}}

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    The moment has been seized, the spirits urged her to action and she was not oing to make them wait. Nicolette was no warrior and she new her Centepide won't last long. But she could help keep the assassins in place, pin them down for others to do. She called upon powers of nature to seize them.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative (1d20+5)[15]
    Casting Entangle on the Assassins.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Kymark

    Kymark hearing the word "Assassins" screamed, frees his greatsword and moves back towards the mayor and the fire.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+2)[20]

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Reflex (d20+2)[3]
    Init (d20+2)[18]


    Kargian casted his obscuring mist but didn't see the fireball fly at him and did not react to it at all, taking the full brunt of a fireball, Kargian realizes the seriousness of the situation, he puts his fingers to his mouth and lets out three short yet loud whistles (calling fin from outside festival grounds, tell me how long it takes him to arrive). He then casts Shillelagh on his staff and places himself between the assassins and the mayor.
    Last edited by Barebates; 2016-04-16 at 01:32 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex1: (1d20+3)[4]
    Reflex2: (1d20+3)[7]
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[21]
    Disarm: [roll]1d20+0[/roll]


    After using his body as a hopefully effective shield for the mayor Byron would leap into action if he's still conscious. Moving toward one of the wand wielding assassins he'd attempt to disarm them to remove those dangerous wands from their unfriendly hands.
    Last edited by TheSethGrey; 2016-04-17 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Issues with getting the dice to actually roll.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Magentawolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Trusting to her feline reflexes to avoid the worst of the sudden explosions, Kylarra ducked and rolled away, spotting the four figures a short distance away, as well as the apparently-summoned creature amidst the group. Despite her lack of obvious weapons, this particular figure is never unarmed and she leaps off the stage, running towards the assassins with claws unsheathed.


    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Initiative: (1d20+5)[20]
    Reflex Saves using Cat's Luck (Take the best of the two) (1d20+8)[26] and (1d20+8)[20]
    Intention: Charge towards the group, getting in close and flanking with anyone else if possible.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save (1d20+5)[7]


    At the cry of 'assassins', Leithbridge pivoted on his left foot and used his leverage of his arm through the steward's to spin him around himself whilst simultaneously drawing his dueling sword. Sight obscured by the sudden mist, he felt as much as heard the first fireball and fell backwards hoping to knock the steward down as he fell. Instead, he tripped over the man's ankle and only succeeded at windmilling as the second fireball crashed into the assembled people on stage.

    Being struck by the full force of the fireball, Gravenhurst picked himself up and began wobbily moving towards the now visible group of wand wielding assassins.
    Last edited by drayen; 2016-04-18 at 02:40 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    {{Fireball DC 15: Fail - 15 hp damage; Save - 7 hp damage; Byron unfortunately got hit with two so he took 29 points and is unconscious}}

    Nicolette calls out to the powers of nature, and the thin grass and weeds respond, twisting up to grasp at the assassins. One of them manages to evade the assault, but three of them are caught! The centipede writhes amidst the grasses but remains free, grabbing one of the assassins and digging into his shoulder drawing a loud cry of pain from the man.

    Kymark and Kargian rush to place themselves between the assassins and the Lord Mayor.

    Kylarra nimbly leaps off the stage and charges at the struggling assassins. Leighbridge follows close behind, moving a bit slower, but no less determined toward the assassins.

    The free assassin begins sprinting away, sending another fireball at a group of guards then yelling, "For King Surtova! He will be avenged!"

    Two of the entangled assassins escape and move forward, the taller one engages Kylarra, the other throws a dagger at the Lord Mayor. The tall assassin swings at Kylarra, but misses wide. The other's aim is hampered by Kymark and Kargian in the way, and the dagger sails over the Lord Mayor's head.

    The last assassin attempts to free himself, but fails in his attempts, remaining entangled.

    A loud pop sounds out and a gust of wind blows down on the stage as three blue-robed men wearing medallions bearing the Seal of Restov appear in the air directly over the Lord Mayor who looks up and raises a hand. One of the men reaches down, touches the Lord Mayor, and they both disappear. One of the other robed men points a wand at the fleeing assassin. A black bolt of magic lances out, hitting the man in the back, dropping him to the ground in a crumpled heap. The other robed man points a similar wand at the assassin who threw the dagger. The bolt hits him in the chest, and he also falls limply to the ground.

    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 20 on the appearance/disappearance of the robed men
    Show
    Teleport

    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 20 on the black bolts of magic coming from the wands
    Show
    Enervation


    {{Two assassins left; one entangled on the edge of the spell, the other is in melee with Kylarra. Byron is down and in bad shape on the stage, two assassins are down on the fairground. Two robed agents of Restov are flying above the stage, also attacking the assassins.}}

    {{Next actions please}}

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Leithbridge, scorched from the flames of the fireball, stumbles after the feline woman, but stops upon seeing another of his party slump to the ground with grievous burns. Pulling a vial from one of his bandoliers, he stops at the still form and kneels, preparing to administer the healing draught to Byron.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I believe that I am all out of actions at this point (Pulling potion, move; moving another move), so I will force the potion down his gullet next turn.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    They were winning this. It felt like a good time for her foster mother's advice - when they retreat, kick them some more.
    First, using her control over the centipede, she orders it to deal with the last assassin entangled in her spell. Then she turns to the one fighting Kylarra. She reaches to their mind, trying to put them into sleeping trance. Make thesoothingmist surround their thoughts, make their headfeel heavy, oh so heavy. Make their eyes close a bit, thenabit more, then completely.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Casting sleep on the assassin fighting Kylarra.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Magentawolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Intent on her duel with one of the assassins, the feline rogue caught the new arrivals from the corner of her eye, a sharp smile of satisfaction curling her lips and showing off the tips of her fangs as she spotted the fleeing figure falling to the effect of the magic. "What did you possibly hope to accomplish?" she growled, while lashing out at the enemy with both sets of her razor-sharp claws.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Full attack on the assassin.

    If the sleep spell takes effect.. well.. she'll back off.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    The assassin facing Kylarra opens his mouth to respond, then falls to the ground, magically forced asleep.

    One of the flying robed men aims his wand at the other assassin and strikes him with the same black magical bolt that hit the others.

    The second man surveys the fairground, watching as guards sprint toward the stage.

    In your minds, you all hear a male voice speaking in the common tongue, "For your assistance in foiling this assassination attempt, I offer you a boon. Please make your way to the stage, I shall provide you safe passage away from this place."

    He lands on the edge of the stage.

    {{Is anybody not going to meet with the man?}}

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Kymark

    Kymark, upon hearing the voice in his head, heads to the man on the stage.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Magentawolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Claws poised for a swipe, the feline utters a rather disappointed growl as the assassin in front of her drops without even a struggle. Spotting the farther figure falling, as well, she felt one ear instinctively perk at the voice inside her head. With a shrug, she returns towards the stage, eyeing Byron with a touch of concern and scorn in equal measure. Leaping into fireballs, indeed!
    Last edited by Magentawolf; 2016-04-22 at 10:50 PM.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: Kingmaker - Order from Chaos [IC]

    Rendering aid to the gravely injured man, Leithbridge barely has time to register the sudden arrival of other people before the voice begins booming within his skull. He jerks up at the announcement and looks around to see the robed figure. He helps his fellow man forward toward the others as they assemble on the stage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •