New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default A D20 Modern:Homebrew proposal

I was sitting here staring at my latest security report, when suddenly an idea stuck me. And it deals with the following questions:

What are my two greatest hobbies?
    . - Role Playing and Video Games

And what two concepts from those hobbies would mesh really good?
    . - D20 Modern: Future and HALO!

Now I know I probably seem like a total loss now, but hear me out. The HALO universe that Bungie has created with just the videogames is quite expansive, not to mention the expanded stuff added by the few books. So we have the basis for a world to use as our playing field. Then there's all the nifty aliens (elites, grunts, jackels, etc.), vehicles (warthog, wraith, mongoose), and a whole slew of weapons (do you really care about the name of your gun?). Throw in all the Forerunner technology scattered all over the galaxy, and suddenly you have ruins and 'artifacts' that are like nothing ever seen.

So my next question is this: Has anyone ever attempted to D20-ize HALO? And if not, would anyone be interested in seeing done? Or even helping to make one?

Just curious really.
    The light shine on you, and the Creator shelter you. The last embrace of the mother welcome you home.

Wanna check out all the nifty Homebrews I've done? Click Here! Hurry!

Awarded the Bronze Donkey by Serpentine, for the Ass at the End of the Universe.

Come on in and give a shout out from where ever you are!!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: A D20 Modern:Homebrew proposal

I've considered running a D20 modern campaign based on the original Doom games, as a one-off for my friends.

I quickly discovered that the "d20 Future," "d20 Cyberscape," and "d20 Apocalypse" supplements, Future in particular, gave me most of the material I'd need for futuristic armor, vehicles, weapons, classes, and opponents. (In my case, I just needed some D&D monster books for demons.)

I'd suggest that as a first step; I imagine you could pull something very effective together based almost entirely on existing official content with minor flavor changes.

Obviously, no one but Bungie and Wizards could release a Halo d20 product. Thankfully, the existing d20 Future material works quite well, at least for my purposes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

I dont know much about Halo, but your work is mostly done for you it seems:

D20 Halo

Your welcome
    Da Dominion: blog of belly laffs and a GM (Gamer Media) podcast. Sharp Humor for a Dull World.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diggorian View Post
    I dont know much about Halo, but your work is mostly done for you it seems:

D20 Halo

Your welcome
    Aha! I knew I couldn't have been the first to have this idea. Many thanks Diggorian.
    The light shine on you, and the Creator shelter you. The last embrace of the mother welcome you home.

Awarded the Bronze Donkey by Serpentine, for the Ass at the End of the Universe.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just make sure none of the people in your group have watched Red vs Blue, or you'll never be able to have a serious session again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Chumleigh View Post
    Oh.
    Oh, my.
    You just earned seventeen cool points by my reckoning. And I'm so sigging that.
    Cheers,
    --Count Chumleigh

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Were-Sandwich View Post
    Just make sure none of the people in your group have watched Red vs Blue, or you'll never be able to have a serious session again.
    Too late.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Were-Sandwich View Post
    Who wants to have a serious session? :P
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee