New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 one punch man build work

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I thought that it granted only move actions, but upon reading it ... I'm confused by it enough to say it probably does grant infinite actions (though not full round actions, which is funny).
    Hustle grants move actions, but metapsionicked synchronicity (and those granted by affinity field) gives standard actions which can be traded for move actions.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if it'll work in an antimagic field.
    Affinity field, not antimagic field.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

One puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunch

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Hustle grants move actions, but metapsionicked synchronicity (and those granted by affinity field) gives standard actions which can be traded for move actions.
    I just remember something about discharging energy from energy absorption using synchronicity shuffle and move actions. But it looks like it works. I'm not entirely sure if you can stack the actions with the infinite nature of overlapping affinity fields, but that's tricky thinking which I'm too tired to do. It probably does work. Good think his character an aleax of himself though. Overlapping affinity fields share damage too (external damage would not affect his character, and if they used it on the psicrystal it would not be shared to his character by the psicrystal's affinity field and his character's field cannot share other damage, it only distributes to others).

Affinity field, not antimagic field.
    I know. It's just that an AMF through transparency could stop an affinity field from working.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2016-04-17 at 06:33 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ortesk View Post
    So his powers are seemingly endless strength, seemingly endless speed, and invulnerability? Not too hard.

For speed he has an item of dimension door (A flail of shadows (Arms and Equipment Guide, p106) ) Just fluff it as he runs really fast and punches dudes?

For invulnerable? Hmmm. I think Cancer Mage will help.

For punching anything and killing it? Just take Ranger 5/Cancer mage 1

Feats:
    1) Wedded to history (You need to not age)
    Human) Toughness (Prerequisite)
    Flaw) Great Fortitude
    Flaw) Poison Immunity (Just say black lotus?)
    3) Improved Unarmed Strike
    6) Skill Focus: Basket weaving

So go ahead and get the disease Festering anger, and Vile Rigidity.

say you had it for 300 years? Sure, you don't age.

Your Strength is 109500+ Base
    Your AC is 10+Dex+109500 (Natural Armor)

You can still die, but for level 6 I think that does good.
    Honestly, I dislike it when people try to emulate the powers of a character with items. It's more of a shallow disguise than an emulation. Saitama needs no items, all of his abilities as a dnd character should be innate, or at least from his own spellcasting.

I think he makes the most sense as a tashalatora psionic monk. His godly abilities should come from him being a godly level - something like 30, then picks up Epic Psionic Focus and Blinding Speed and/or any epic feat that doesn't completely suck if such a thing can be found. With the extra levels there should be a number of ways to cheese into invulnerability and infinite strength.

If only there was a way for him to use expansion for the sake of increasing his strength and unarmed damage while staying the same size...
    #MundaneLivesMatter

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

do you know of any way to get him to do sonic cones from his punches

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Amdy_vill View Post
    do you know of any way to get him to do sonic cones from his punches
    Only fluff-wise. Get multiple standard actions, use one for a punch, and a second to manifest a Widened/Enlarged/Sculpted sonic energy ball. Say that he punches hard enough that the shockwave deals sonic damage.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, my post found its way on the wrong thread somehow...

Feats
    Wedded to history:endless
    Toughness
    Improved Unarmed Strike
    Poison immunity
    Leadership
    Might make right
    Inspiring leader
    Power health
    Okay, ranger 6 / cancer mage 1 now.

I still don't see how you can get Leadership over 25 without access to Epic Leadership. I'm also not sure where you are getting this many feats from. I count one for being human, plus one for each of levels 1st, 3rd, and 6th (or 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th if using Pathfinder for this bit). That's either four feats or five feats. You've got eight.

Also, your cohort is limited to no more than two levels below your character level, regardless of Leadership score.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Interestingly, a close reading of that Dragon #354 article reveals that Wedded to History doesn't actually grant you that Endless (Ex) ability. Nor does it allow you to assume an arbitrarily-long backstory. It grants the following:

Choose any one of:
    • Apostle of the Forgotten: Short-range augury effect
    • Elder of Legend: +3 on Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy checks against those who know you and your backstory
    • Golden Ager: UMD is a class skill, plus some UMD bonuses
    • Hand of Prophecy: +2 on checks against one creature
    • Survivor: Substitute Will for other saves; suffer a penalty each time this is done
    • Throwback: Not treated as your creature type when it is convenient for you
    • Wanderer: basic ability in all skills and all languages

Now, it probably should also grant that Endless ability, but that isn't RAW.

It also acts as a prerequisite to a short list of feats at the end of the article, none of which mention the Endless ability.

If I were to allow this feat in my games, I'd require that either the entire backstory earlier than one normal lifespan ago takes place before the character reached 2nd level, or that the character's backstory put them in some sort of stasis that meant that they weren't technically alive until very recently. Characters with significant adventuring experience simply don't stop levelling for hundreds of years, at least not without a really good reason (such as, they physically cannot). Your GM is apparently more lenient (which is fine if everyone is having fun).

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think one punch man should have leadership, or a high charisma score for that matter. That isn't part of his wheelhouse from what I've seen (though I've only watched the anime).
    Dascarletm, Spinner of Rudiplorked Tales, and Purveyor of Puns
    Thanks to Artman77 for the avatar!
    Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by dascarletm View Post
    I don't think one punch man should have leadership, or a high charisma score for that matter. That isn't part of his wheelhouse from what I've seen (though I've only watched the anime).
    Well, he has a cohort. Can you get a cohort without buying one, Leadership, or DM fiat?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, he has a cohort. Can you get a cohort without buying one, Leadership, or DM fiat?
    Apprentice/Mentor feat from DMGII
    Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    Interestingly, a close reading of that Dragon #354 article reveals that Wedded to History doesn't actually grant you that Endless (Ex) ability. Nor does it allow you to assume an arbitrarily-long backstory. It grants the following:

Choose any one of:
    • Apostle of the Forgotten: Short-range augury effect
    • Elder of Legend: +3 on Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy checks against those who know you and your backstory
    • Golden Ager: UMD is a class skill, plus some UMD bonuses
    • Hand of Prophecy: +2 on checks against one creature
    • Survivor: Substitute Will for other saves; suffer a penalty each time this is done
    • Throwback: Not treated as your creature type when it is convenient for you
    • Wanderer: basic ability in all skills and all languages

Now, it probably should also grant that Endless ability, but that isn't RAW.

It also acts as a prerequisite to a short list of feats at the end of the article, none of which mention the Endless ability.

If I were to allow this feat in my games, I'd require that either the entire backstory earlier than one normal lifespan ago takes place before the character reached 2nd level, or that the character's backstory put them in some sort of stasis that meant that they weren't technically alive until very recently. Characters with significant adventuring experience simply don't stop levelling for hundreds of years, at least not without a really good reason (such as, they physically cannot). Your GM is apparently more lenient (which is fine if everyone is having fun).
    Wedded does say you were born in the distant past, and one part has you as a huge important figure throughout the history of your kind. That is a serious RAI matter, since it should by virtue grant immortality. Anytime I have played it, I always played wolverine like. I had no memory of before the present time, and something had made me forget what had happened
    "Every sinner has a future and every saint has a past"

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    Ort is right
    I added to your thread wins, you added to my Sig

13. - Top - End - #73

Apprentice/Mentor feat from DMGII
    Hmm. Two feats to get a tiny fraction of the benefits of one? I think he'll be better off taking Leadership and ignoring the existence of the followers.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Wedded does say you were born in the distant past, and one part has you as a huge important figure throughout the history of your kind. That is a serious RAI matter, since it should by virtue grant immortality. Anytime I have played it, I always played wolverine like. I had no memory of before the present time, and something had made me forget what had happened
    It says you were born in the distant past in the fluff section, which has no bearing on actual rules. In any case, nowhere does it say that ancient birth represents centuries of lived experience. In fact, the article goes out of its way to highlight ways in which the character could have regressed back to being effectively 1st level (amnesia, cast down by a god, tied their life-force to a lost place/object, etc.), or have somehow skipped centuries/millenia of time (stasis, petrification, time warps, etc.).

Cast your mind back to Xena, and that "modern" episode in which a mad scientist re-creates Xena using cloned genetic material found from her sweaty grip on the chakram and memories restored through TV episodes and dramatic readings of Gabrielle's poems and plays. This would be a perfect example of a character who would deserve the Wedded to history feat. But nothing about that backstory even implies the character should have the Endless special quality.

15. - Top - End - #75

RedWizardGuy

This is what i have so far

Elan martial monk 2/ardent 5
    Str 18
    Dex 16
    Con 15
    Int 17
    Wis 16
    Chr 13

HP 60

Ac 13

AL CG
    Bab 4

For 4
    Ref 4
    Wil 7

Feats
    Improved Sunder(B)
    Weapon focus (Unarmed)(B)
    Sacred Vow
    Vow of poverty
    Snap kick
    Improved Bull Rush(B)
    Power Attack(B)
    Leadership(B)
    Anti-villain(B)OR might makes right(B)
    Exceptional Deflection(B)
    Improved Whirlwind Attack(B)
    improved Unarmed Strike(B)

Abilities
    ardent mantles: Time, Conflict, Destruction, and Guardian
    power points: 30
    Synchronicity(P)
    Inertial Armor(P)
    Energy Ball(P)
    Teleport Psionic(P)
    Energy Cone(P)
    Timehop(P)
    Flurry of Blows -1/-1
    Unarmed Strike 1d6
    Evasion

Item?
    Spell storing +1 necklace of natural attack
    Last edited by Amdy_vill; 2016-04-21 at 08:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    It says you were born in the distant past in the fluff section, which has no bearing on actual rules. In any case, nowhere does it say that ancient birth represents centuries of lived experience. In fact, the article goes out of its way to highlight ways in which the character could have regressed back to being effectively 1st level (amnesia, cast down by a god, tied their life-force to a lost place/object, etc.), or have somehow skipped centuries/millenia of time (stasis, petrification, time warps, etc.).

Cast your mind back to Xena, and that "modern" episode in which a mad scientist re-creates Xena using cloned genetic material found from her sweaty grip on the chakram and memories restored through TV episodes and dramatic readings of Gabrielle's poems and plays. This would be a perfect example of a character who would deserve the Wedded to history feat. But nothing about that backstory even implies the character should have the Endless special quality.
    Being an elan means he doesn't need WtH in order to be immortal, assuming he doesn't mind eventually being Venerable.

Of course, there are other ways to be immortal, many of which require almost no resource expenditure, so...

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Being an elan ...
    At the time I wrote that post, his character build listed him as human. I can hardly be expected to take into account posts that are made a full day after mine. I'm not a time lord.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. Two feats to get a tiny fraction of the benefits of one? I think he'll be better off taking Leadership and ignoring the existence of the followers.
    It's one feat. Below level five it is apprentice, and after you hit level five it turns into mentor. You also get a bonus on a skill or something.
    Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #79

It's one feat. Below level five it is apprentice, and after you hit level five it turns into mentor. You also get a bonus on a skill or something.
    From a quick glance, that's not how it works. You take them as separate feats.

Unless I'm missing something, and I probably am.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

From a quick glance, that's not how it works. You take them as separate feats.

Unless I'm missing something, and I probably am.
    I'm AFB but I recall there being a clause where when you graduate your apprenticeship you can switch the feat for mentor. Either way, apprentice is not a prereq for mentor IIRC.

I remember it being under "surpassing your mentor" under the ex-apprentice part.
    Last edited by dascarletm; 2016-04-20 at 12:46 PM.
    Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #81

Either way, apprentice is not a prereq for mentor IIRC.
    It is, actually.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

How are you getting this many feats on this character? Also, you can't use your spell storing item if you're taking Vow of Poverty.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

It is, actually.
    Oh... Well, you can just swap it anyway
    Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Morof Stonehands View Post
    How are you getting this many feats on this character? Also, you can't use your spell storing item if you're taking Vow of Poverty.
    I think he was DCFSing out the feats from Vow of Poverty and ardent (see: mantle feats and Armor/Shield Proficiencies), but you're right in that you can't have a spell storing item...except in a few specific cases. For instance, taking Ancestral Relic on your unarmed strike or a warforged's slam attack could do it. Or kensai, or psychic weapon master (if you're a psiforged).
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2016-04-20 at 01:17 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

RedWizardGuy

This is one punch man so far. If my math is wrong tell me and is there anything i should add.what items could help this build
    Elan martial monk 2/ardent 18

Templates:necropolitan, paragon?(If possible)

Str 33
    Dex 30
    Con 0
    Int 25
    Wis 41
    Chr 34

(Note:body is made out of Obdurium(break dc 4.390038e+21)Body size in example is the size of the solar system.)
    HP 65,850,570,000,000,000,000,000,000,164

Ac 25

AL LG
    Bab +14/+8/+3

For 24
    Ref 22
    Wil 26

Speed 90

R 15 to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic energy

Festering Anger
    Vile Rigidity

Feats Bonus
    Weapon focus (Unarmed)(B)(1)

feats
    improved Sunder(1)
    Improved Bull Rush(2)
    Snap kick(3)
    leadership(9)
    Superior Unarmed Strike(12)
    Combat reflexes (15)
    Karmic Strike(18)

Abilities
    ardent mantles: Time, Conflict, Destruction, Guardian,Physical,energy
    Ardent powers 18
    power points: 297
    Flurry of Blows -1/-1
    Unarmed Strike 1d6
    Evasion

Paragon abilities
    Attacks: A paragon creature makes all its attacks with a +25 luck bonus on the attack roll.
    Damage: A paragon creature gains a +20 luck bonus on Damage rolls for all melee and thrown ranged attacks.
    Special Abilities: A paragon creature’s special attacks, if any, all gain a +13 insight bonus, if applicable. The +13 insight bonus may only be applied to a given special ability once.
    Fire and cold resistance 10. If the creature already possesses such resistance, use whichever is better.
    Damage reduction 10/epic. If the creature already possesses Damage reduction, use whichever is better.
    Spell Resistance equal to the paragon creature’s CR +25. If the creature already possesses spell resistance, use whichever is higher.
    Fast healing 20. If the creature already possesses fast healing, use whichever is better.
    A paragon creature’s natural weapons are treated as epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
    Spell-Like Abilities (Sp) or Psionics (Sp): If the base creature has spell-like abilities, it gains +15 to its caster level to use those abilities. A paragon creature also gains the ability to use greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility three times per day, even if it did not have spell-like abilities before, at 15th caster level.

Ardent powers
    Synchronicity(P)
    Timehop, Mass(P)
    Inertial Armor(P)
    Energy Ball(P)
    Teleport Psionic(P)
    Energy Cone(P)
    Timehop(P)
    Energy wave(P)
    True Metabolism(P)
    Psychofeedback(P)
    Energy bolt(P)
    Energy burst(P)
    Iron body(P)
    Mind over Energy(P)
    Dispel Psionics(P)
    Ultrablast(P)
    Intellect Bomb(P)
    Energy Ray(P)
    Energy Manipulation(P)

Feats from items and locations(Dark chaos shuffle feats )
    Power Attack
    Dodge
    up the wall
    might makes right
    Exceptional Deflection
    Great Fortitude
    Poison Immunity
    Toughness
    Stunning fist
    robilar’s gambit
    Freezing the Lifeblood
    Pharaoh’s fist

Item
    Shrink collar
    Rod of Bodily Restoration
    Last edited by Amdy_vill; 2016-04-23 at 10:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

This is one punch man so far. If my math is wrong tell me and is there anything i should add.what items could help this build
    Elan martial monk 2/ardent 18

Templates:necropolitan, paragon?(If possible)

Str 33
    Dex 30
    Con 0
    Int 25
    Wis 41
    Chr 34

(Note:body is made out of Obdurium(break dc 4.390038e+21)Body size in example is the size of the solar system.)
    HP 65,850,570,000,000,000,000,000,000,164

Ac 25

AL LG
    Bab +14/+8/+3

For 24
    Ref 22
    Wil 26

Speed 90

R 15 to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic energy

Festering Anger
    Vile Rigidity

Feats Bonus
    Weapon focus (Unarmed)(B)(1)

feats
    improved Sunder(1)
    Improved Bull Rush(2)
    Snap kick(3)
    leadership(9)
    Superior Unarmed Strike(12)
    Combat reflexes (15)
    Karmic Strike(18)

Abilities
    ardent mantles: Time, Conflict, Destruction, Guardian,Physical,energy
    Ardent powers 18
    power points: 297
    Flurry of Blows -1/-1
    Unarmed Strike 1d6
    Evasion

Paragon abilities
    Attacks: A paragon creature makes all its attacks with a +25 luck bonus on the attack roll.
    Damage: A paragon creature gains a +20 luck bonus on Damage rolls for all melee and thrown ranged attacks.
    Special Abilities: A paragon creature’s special attacks, if any, all gain a +13 insight bonus, if applicable. The +13 insight bonus may only be applied to a given special ability once.
    Fire and cold resistance 10. If the creature already possesses such resistance, use whichever is better.
    Damage reduction 10/epic. If the creature already possesses Damage reduction, use whichever is better.
    Spell Resistance equal to the paragon creature’s CR +25. If the creature already possesses spell resistance, use whichever is higher.
    Fast healing 20. If the creature already possesses fast healing, use whichever is better.
    A paragon creature’s natural weapons are treated as epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
    Spell-Like Abilities (Sp) or Psionics (Sp): If the base creature has spell-like abilities, it gains +15 to its caster level to use those abilities. A paragon creature also gains the ability to use greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility three times per day, even if it did not have spell-like abilities before, at 15th caster level.

Ardent powers
    Synchronicity(P)
    Timehop, Mass(P)
    Inertial Armor(P)
    Energy Ball(P)
    Teleport Psionic(P)
    Energy Cone(P)
    Timehop(P)
    Energy wave(P)
    True Metabolism(P)
    Psychofeedback(P)
    Energy bolt(P)
    Energy burst(P)
    Iron body(P)
    Mind over Energy(P)
    Dispel Psionics(P)
    Ultrablast(P)
    Intellect Bomb(P)
    Energy Ray(P)
    Energy Manipulation(P)

Feats from items and locations(Dark chaos shuffle feats )
    Power Attack
    Dodge
    up the wall
    might makes right
    Exceptional Deflection
    Great Fortitude
    Poison Immunity
    Toughness
    Stunning fist
    robilar’s gambit
    Freezing the Lifeblood
    Pharaoh’s fist

Item
    Shrink collar
    Rod of Bodily Restoration
    Obduriam, and that whole star system noise, is from that Immortals Handbook. Which is 3rd party and widely banned for sheer lack of rules understanding. Such as you and the whole uh....Shivering touch+wraith strike.
    "Every sinner has a future and every saint has a past"

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    Ort is right
    I added to your thread wins, you added to my Sig

27. - Top - End - #87

RedWizardGuy

should i change it to Adamantine

28. - Top - End - #88

Obduriam, and that whole star system noise, is from that Immortals Handbook. The Stronghold Builder's Guidebook. Which is 3rd 1st party and not widely banned for sheer lack of rules understanding.
    Fixed that for you.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2016-04-24 at 07:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

So what's the desired result here? It started with cheesing the strength and natural armor scores, now it's creating the love child of Galactus and the tin man from Oz?

How are you planning to become the size you claim? Or being made of obdurium for that matter?

Without Cancer Mage 1 Vile Rigidity will kill, or at least incapacitate you.
    Last edited by DarkSoul; 2016-04-24 at 08:58 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    How are you planning to become the size you claim? Or being made of obdurium for that matter?
    I suggested becoming undead, using polymorph any object on a pebble to turn it into a (literal) planetary body made of a ridiculously hard substance, followed by using haunt shift to possess the body, followed by donning a shrink collar (from the Arms & Equipment Guide) to become Small.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2016-04-24 at 09:40 AM.