Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default A man inherits a remote mansion... you've heard this one before, haven't you? OOC

Alright, time for a little MAID RPG fun!

Say hi, post your Maid's name and speaking colour, and get ready for the IC to start.

Also, I've got a little present for you... There's a Roll20 game for this!

Mostly I'm using it for a map of the mansion I can slowly uncover as you clear out rooms. However... it also has character sheets. Yup, roll20 has MAID RPG character sheets Anyone who wants to use one (and catches me online in the game) is welcome to.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A man inherits a remote mansion... you've heard this one before, haven't you? OOC

Finley Milesworth, catgirl warrior from the future, reporting in!

Spoiler: Finley Milesworth
    Show
    Athletics: 4
    Affection: 4
    Skill: 3
    Cunning: 0
    Luck: 1
    Will: 3

Maid Type: Pure Heroine
    Uniform: Orange
    Hair: Blue
    Eyes: Black

Special Quality 1: Shy
    Special Quality 2: Nekomimi

Root: Who Knows?
    Stress Explosion: Prayer
    Power: Ultimate Retort
    Weapon: Ray Gun
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2016-04-16 at 04:05 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A man inherits a remote mansion... you've heard this one before, haven't you? OOC

Vrilux Kankat, one the job!~
    Spoiler: Sheet
    Show

Athletics:0
    Affection: 4
    Skills: 1
    Cunning:0
    Luck:2
    Will: 1

Maid Type: Pure Lolita.

Uniform: Orange.
    Eye Color: Metallic.
    Hair: Orange

Special Quality 1: Tragic love (Betrayal)
    Special Quality 2: Accessory (Chains)

Root: Who Knows?
    Stress Explosion:Mischief

Maid Power: Maiden's Tears
    Weapon: Religious Symbol
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2016-04-16 at 03:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Don't forget, firedaemon, that you've still got to pick between those two Maid Powers.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Yan-yan-dere-yan-dere-yan-yan
    Show
    Name:Marie Debray
    Weight:103 lbs
    Height:5'1"

Athletics: (2d6)[7]/3=2
    Affection: (2d6)[6]/3=2-1=1
    Skill: (2d6)[3]/3=1+2=2
    Cunning: (2d6)[3]/3=1+1=2
    Luck: (2d6)[6]/3=2
    Will: (2d6)[9]/3=3-1=2

Maid Type:(2d6)[2][4](6)
    Cool/Sexy

Uniform Color: (2d6)[6][5](11)
    Metallic
    Eye Color: (2d6)[3][5](8)
    Beige
    Hair Color: (2d6)[1][1](2)
    Red

Special Quality 1:(1d6)[3](3)
    Killed your lover
    Special Quality 2:(2d6)[3][1](4)
    Elf Ears
    Maid Roots:(2d6)[3][1](4)
    Returning a Favour
    Stress Explosion:(2d6)[5][6](11)
    Bingeing
    Maid Weapon:(2d6)[2][4](6)
    Grenades/bombs

Favor:
    Spirit:

Maid Power:(1d6)[4]
    Trap
    Spoiler: Portrait
    Show

Marie Debray reporting in.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2016-04-16 at 04:04 PM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Don't forget, firedaemon, that you've still got to pick between those two Maid Powers.
    Sorry. I copied the one in the OP, but I had already decided on Ultimate Retort. Editing now.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Katherine, the Princess Maid

Spoiler
    Show
    Katherine of Prussia

Sky blue uniform, green hair, purple eyes

Athletics 1, Affection 2, Skill 2, Cunning 3, Luck 4, Will 3

Favor 4
    Spirit 30

Cool Lolita
    Qualities: Princess, Foreign Accent (ze stereotypical German Akzent)

Weapon: Unarmed; Stress Explosion: Shopping; Maid Power: Foreboding

Katherine claims to be a cousin (of some kind, the family tree of European upper nobility is a tangled mess) of the German Emperor (and so styles herself Prinzessin Katharina Louise Marie von Preußen). How a princess of the German Empire came to be a maid in an Englishman's home is unclear to everyone, even Katherine herself, but she works anyway because getting thrown out of some lesser nobleman's castle because she was a royally lazy freeloader simply would not do.

Although an adult, her short stature, young-looking face, and occasional naivete lend a child-like charm to her otherwise cool, efficient demeanor. Although not particularly skilled in maid-work (at times it seems she stumbles through it by sheer luck rather than practice) and fairly feeble at athletic activity, she's well-educated, which altogether lends some credence to her claims of royal heritage.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2016-04-17 at 09:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: WAHAHA!!
    Show

Athletics: 0
    Affection: 3
    Skill: 3
    Cunning: 2
    Luck: 3
    Will: 3

Maid Type: Loli Heroine
    Uniform: Pink
    Hair: Blue
    Eyes: Red

Special Quality 1: Hairstyle (Curly)
    Special Quality 2: Actually a Guy

Root: Bridal Training
    Stress Explosion: Complaining
    Power: Teleport
    Weapon: Psychic Powers (Pyrokinesis)

Stress: 0/30
    Favor: 6

Measurements: Flat as a board
    Blood Type: B

Description: Briar Hargrave is a tall, slender, more feminine than any girl, beautiful, guy. His sense of femininity was instilled from a young age by a set of doting parents who might have gone a little overboard on their doting. By the time he graduated from secondary school he was firmly entrenched in the wonderful world of, "It doesn't matter, as long as they're cute!" The line between genders had been blurred so badly that Briar's own mother agreed to get him this job as a way to prepare him for married life.

His personality is innocent and naive as a result of a sheltered upbringing. Despite being very weak physically, he can easily perform the duties of a maid and possesses that quiet English strength that lets him weather any stress with a stiff upper lip. Because he's spent a majority of the time hiding his gender he can lie, but believes that being honest is the best way to make relationships work.

Briar stands at about 5'6", with naturally blue hair curled into ringlets that frame his face. He wears a spotless pink maid uniform with a black skirt and white accents.

Spoiler: Briar on his first day of work
    Show

Briar Hargrave, a maid with a secret!
    Last edited by Q'telun; 2016-04-17 at 12:33 AM.
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Paige Grigg was here first already, you are all liars

Spoiler: Miss little bit chavish
    Show

Paige Grigg

Athletics: 3
    Affection: 3
    Skills: 0
    Cunning: 2
    Luck: 1
    Will: 2

Maid Types: Heroine/Boyish

Uniform Color: Green
    Eye Color: Navy
    Hair Color: Gold

Special Quality 1: Greedy
    Special Quality 2: Trauma- Abusive Parents

Maid Roots: Business
    Stress Explosion: Running away

Maid Power: Passionate Gaze
    Weapon: Kung Fu weapon

Favor: 6
    Spirit: 20
    Last edited by Madmal; 2016-04-16 at 10:30 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

And it begins!

So, a few notes you may need moving forwards:

One, I've filled out the roll20 character sheets for each of you, with whatever information you've given me so far. You should see them (and Dr Martyn's sheet) in the Journal tab next time you're on roll20. For those of you whose user names on roll20 match your usernames here, I've given you write access to your own sheets (and, I think, movement rights for your own 'tokens' on the map). The rest of you, tell me which roll20 account is yours and I'll hook you up as well.

When the time comes to roll in-game, I will accept rolls done here using the forum roller or rolls made in roll20. Consider the Roll20 chat a secondary OOC thread. Especially if you've got something to discuss and you catch me logged in, it's quicker than doing a back and forth here.

For the record, I will be running this game as a Favour Race - so you are, mostly, competing with each other. How friendly or cutthroat that competition will be is up to each of you.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I fully expect that there is no telegraph (let alone telephone) at the mansion.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2016-04-17 at 08:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The mansion itself is little more than a structurally sound (and massive) shell at this point. That said, there will be chances to go to town (placing orders for equipment or furniture, say) where communications with the outside world are possible. So Katherine will have ways to contact the outside world at some point.

Whether or not she gets a reply will be more of an interesting question...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

What? Why wouldn't they believe that a maid is really the missing foreign princess?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Reporting in! I'm not too late am I?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Not too late, no. If you can finish your Maid before the others are finished with their introductory posts (That is, re-roll the secret job - We're a little early for hackers - and write up her fluff), then we'll retcon you into the lead carriage with Nicholas, Finley and Vrilux (Since you also hit Affection 4). Otherwise you can sit and watch the first day, and join play at the end of it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Maid complete, fluff uploaded.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Was that meant to be really lecherous? Because it sounded really lecherous.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Not sure if I've managed to make this visible to the rest of you yet, (this is my first time with roll20's dm tools...) but from the 'good' doctor's backstory on his sheet...

Sure, he occasionally had to look at a sick person, but that's just a hazard of the profession. Not his real calling. No, he was in it for the ladies. Every high class lady had some little niggle for which she *needed* just the right tonic, or compress... and what it all added up to was that he was paid very well to spend a lot of time alone with richer men's trophy wives.

;)
    So if Dr Martyn's dialogue sounds as though he's kinda sleazy... yup, he is.

Do try and remember that Maids are entitled to defend themselves from such advances if they so desire (or, alternately, to use the opening to try and seduce him for extra favour points), and the choice of which option your maid goes for (assuming they notice the innuendo and feel it's worth responding to) is entirely up to you.

To be honest, the aim with that particular line was 'double entendre' - he could be asking for something 'adult', but you could just as easily fulfil the request by producing a deck of cards your maid had been hiding in a uniform pocket...

(Assuming, of course, that neither of them decides to clobber him for inappropriate conduct...)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I mean...The character is Pure. She's more likely to blush and call him on it than anything else.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I take it at this point I wait for day two?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Alright, everyone. I think this is a good time to get the rolling started :)

I've given you three tasks to do collectively.

Task 1: Clean the room on the left
    This is a large (14m x 37m) open space with nothing but dust in it. The difficulty to clean the entire room in a single period is 52. You may work collectively to hit this target, and I will count failures as having gotten the room partially clear (reducing the difficulty for subsequent periods).

Task 2: Clean the room on the right
    This is an equally large open space with junk, debris, and things you probably don't want to identify in it. Due to the nature of the cleaning required, this room is three times as hard (target 156) to clean. You are not expected to have it clean in the first period - you'll be in for some praise from your Master if you have it finished on the first day.

Task 3: Unload the carts
    This is a difficulty 20 task (doable by one maid in one period if they roll well and can do it with their best attribute - but will probably require two maids or two periods). As with the others, it's not a pass/fail task, and you can pool your efforts towards it.

Working on multiple tasks:
    You are permitted to do this. Roll one die. You may split that die as you like between the three tasks. You may use different attributes for each task you contribute effort to (so long as you can come up with a convincing reason for why that attribute applies to that task).

ex. Finley rolls a 5. She decides to contribute time to Tasks 2 (using Athletics) and 3 (using Skill). She gives 3 out of her roll of 5 to Task 2 (her Athletics score is 3, so she contributes 12 points to the room clearing) and the remaining 2 to task 3 (her skill score is 3, so this contributes 6 points to the cart unloading).

Working on other tasks:

The master is not watching you during the current period, so you can decide to to spend the time doing other things. Whether fighting each other for leadership, or sneaking away for some 'quality time' with another maid, or exploring the house or its grounds... I'll apply a penalty to your effort towards the recorded tasks if you do enough 'other' stuff, but so long as you don't cause issues the Master can spot when he returns from his own exploration, you'll be fine.

Favour:
    Since the Master is not observing your efforts here, Favour will be given out communally based on the group's total achievement. If any of the Maids considers that unfair (i.e. they consider one or more of the others to not be pulling their weight...) then that's the characters' problem, to be sorted out between themselves.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

I guess I'll work on Task 1, then.

(1d10)[7]*2(Athletics)=14
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2016-04-26 at 04:02 PM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

So is one roll one period then? And how many periods in a day?

And Faust, its a 1d6, not 1d10.
    Last edited by Q'telun; 2016-04-26 at 04:20 PM.
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh. Uh, sh*t. Let's just pretend that never happened, shall we?

(1d6)[6]*2=12
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2016-04-26 at 04:38 PM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Just to confirm, yes, it's 1d6 not 1d10.

Whether or not I allow you multiple rolls in a period depends on the nature of the task you're undertaking: The three Dr Martyn left you with are all sufficiently time consuming that if you want to make a full contribution, you have to spend the majority of the period working on them.

In periods where you don't have such oversized tasks facing you, you can roll independently for whatever your Maids do. (That's the default approach, and I'll warn you again whenever you enter a 'one roll only' situation.)

If your Maid decides to do something not on the list, and it's sufficiently fast (in my judgment) to not impact their attempts to perform the big tasks (e.g. Briar rolls Cunning against Finley's Affection against Katherine's Will to get the other Maids to follow their preferred work plan) then you can roll again. It's just the massive tasks that are sharing a single roll.

Since you asked, we're using the time divisions from the 'Daily Life' playstyle in the book (We're actually playing a Favour Race style game, but they use the same basic timing). For those who haven't read the play-styles description (pages 27 and 28), there are 5 periods in a given day [Morning, Noon, Evening, Night, Late Night]. As I stated in the IC, we're currently in Morning on day 1. Morning, Noon, Evening and Night are considered a Maid's working day - generally you'd be expected to go to bed between the Night and Late Night periods. (Maids who earn day ending scenes - either with the Master or with each other - have those at Late Night. If you ask nicely, I may also let a Maid engage in secret activities during this period, when the rest of the household is asleep or otherwise occupied...)
    Last edited by whoiam; 2016-04-26 at 04:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. Rolling Athletics to empty the carriages: (1d6)[6]*4=24! One task, already done!
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2016-04-26 at 06:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Rolling Luck to see if I can clean the left room: (1d6)[2]*2=4
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2016-04-26 at 06:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolling Skill for cleaning.

(1d6)[2]*3=6

Yeah, I'll be putting that all into the first task.
    Last edited by Q'telun; 2016-04-26 at 11:10 PM.
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cunning, to determine the laziest most efficient method of completing Task 1. (1d6)[3]*3=9
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2016-04-26 at 11:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Task 2, (1d6)[5]*2=10

Leaving that there preemptively
    Last edited by thatguyinthecor; 2016-04-28 at 04:36 AM.