Level: Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 1
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Close
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1 day/level or permanent, as below
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell works on humanoid creatures only. It changes the target's hair, for instance recoloring it, restyling it, making it neat and pretty, or alternatively making it stick out at odd angles or become a tangled mess. The new hairstyle lasts for one day per level, although an unwilling target may make a new saving throw each morning to cancel the effect. The hair remains in that style despite rain, attempts to comb it differently, etc; however, cutting or burning the hair off cancels the spell.
    While the spell lasts, the subject takes either a +2 enhancement bonus or a -2 penalty (caster's choice) to charisma checks made for socially influencing other humanoids (e.g. bluff, disguise, intimidate, or seduction rolls).

Alternatively, the spell can be cast to make the hair on the subject's head grow by up to one foot, but no longer than half the subject's height. This effect is permanent (although of course the hair can be cut normally). This effect fails if the subject didn't have hair to begin with. Sorry, Roy.

(edit: oh yeah, named bonus, of course)
    Last edited by Kurald Galain; 2007-06-23 at 05:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Bad Hair Day (spell)

Erm...

A -2 Penalty on social situations for bad hair? I'm soooooooo going to have to get a haircut!

I like it, but personally I think it should be Bard 1 as it is in keeping with the Bard's repertoire of social-influence spells.

Other than that, cool.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

I like it, but does it only affect hair or can it be used on creatures with fur, etc?

I just had a mental picture of a 2nd level bard sending a wolf away with a poodle style trim .
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I can't possibly see this as a 2nd level Bard spell. It's barely important enough for a first level spell. Other than that, it looks fine.