New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Two weapon troubles...

Alright, time to sound the fool I am, so please, be gentle.

I've created a sixth level Tiefling Ranger for our DM's new campaign and I've run into an issue regarding his two weapon capabilities:

Does his +6 base attack bonus grant a second attack with his off-hand, light weapon, as well as his primary weapon? I understand the -2 penalties, I'm just curious as to weither or not my suspicions are correct and I am doing this properly.

So, should I be making three or four attacks per round, if I select the full attack action?
    I'd take a drink, anytime now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Two weapon troubles...

You only get a single extra attack with your off-hand weapon while Two-Weapon Fighting if you take the Improved-Two Weapon Fighting feat.
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2007-06-24 at 08:41 PM.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

No, Two Weapon Fighting gives you one extra attack with your off hand. If you want another attack with your off hand, then you need Improved Two Weapon Fighting

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

... Which is granted by the Two weapon fighting combat tree given by the Ranger class.

Many thanks.

I guess I first thought that the second +1 attack granted by having a +6 applied to both weapons. Perhaps not.

Thank you both.
    I'd take a drink, anytime now.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Do note that, as a Ranger, if you selected the two-weapon fighting style, you've got Improved Two-Weapon Fighting as part of your class progression - so you should be getting four attacks in on a Full Attack.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

What they said, except that as a 6th level Ranger, you should have Improved TWF already if you selected TWF as your combat style.

Edit: Simued
    Last edited by Dark Knight Renee; 2007-06-24 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote:
    One of the hardest parts of DMing is to give players a reason to railroad themselves.
    (Originally Posted by Rockphed)

Quote:
    You're making a reasonable and rational argument here, instead of pandering to the extremists on either side. Stop it. I'm pretty sure that's a banning offense on the internet.
    (Originally Posted by Swordguy)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nebo_ View Post
    No, Two Weapon Fighting gives you one extra attack with your off hand. If you want another attack with your off hand, then you need Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    Not quite, this Feat is different from the rest of the Tree, all it does is reduce the penalties. Anyone can attempt to make one Off Hand Attack.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)