New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Question So I have this Campaign.....

Soooo.... I have this campaign, where I am playing a Paladin who is going to be marrying noblemen and stuff, and I was stumbling around for some tips on role playing that you would use in this instance, all help is appreciated! Just looking for some pointers. Thanks!
    "The Optimist sees the glass half full, the Pessimist sees the glass half empty, and the engineer sees the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: So I have this Campaign.....

Do you mean that you are marrying into nobility, or performing the ceremonies?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hmmm. Go to balls. Nobles often have parties and stuff to make their social life a cut above the local rabble, so I suggest going to those, and looking up common etiquette for such scenarios. They might let you in by dint of being a paladin alone, or you'd have to aquire a title of some sort. Shouldn't be too hard, slay a dragon or something.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Make sure you have ranks in knowledge-nobility or whatever the system equal of that is. This covers manners, dancing, chit-chat of the elite, what have you. Know religion as well.

Also, are these religious or legal ceremonies? Do you have marrying power based on title/rank/faith or are you marrying into the family? What is your faith or creed? I assume it would be your basic guide to interacting with high society and being the romantic heroic knight of old.
    Guides
    Monk dipping for pathfinder druids, a mini guide
    Trapped Under Ice-Geddy2112's guide to the Pathfinder Winter Witch
    I contributed to this awesome guide to chaotic good

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

What setting is being used in the campaign? We'll need to know the social mores of the societies involved, on both sides of the potential marriage.

Is your paladin a male or female? Gender roles often come into play.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Im playing a Female Paladin of Freedom, And marrying into Nobel families to gain more power and armies to take control of the continent. I believe that it is the Eberron campaign setting as well, thanks for the help so far!
    "The Optimist sees the glass half full, the Pessimist sees the glass half empty, and the engineer sees the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    Im playing a Female Paladin of Freedom, And marrying into Nobel families to gain more power and armies to take control of the continent.
    Wait... a Champion of Freedom is going to marry into nobility for power to take control of the continent?

You sure you're not a Paladin of Tyranny?
    RHoD: Soah | SC: Green Sparrow | WotBS: Sheliya |RoW: Raani | SA: Ariste | IG: Hemali | RoA: Abelia | WftC: Elize | Zeitgeist: Rutile
    Mystara: Othariel | Vette | Scarlet

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Faily View Post
    Wait... a Champion of Freedom is going to marry into nobility for power to take control of the continent?

You sure you're not a Paladin of Tyranny?
    But she must "liberate" the masses! Power to the people! The people being her people, of course.

But seriously, I can see how that would work.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

What race? I don't know much about Eberron, so I don't know if infertile marriages would even be allowed. Sorta defeats the purpose in many ways. Does anyone know if there is a DnD way to circumvent pregnancy? I figure no one can complain about you going onto the battlefield if you have three buns in three different ovens if you know what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.