New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Post The Witch Class (5 archetypes/1 spell)

I put a little bit of time into this and wanted some feedback on balance and whatnot. I think the class is slightly stronger than your average casting class, but is often limited due to requirement of preparation in spell casting and a lot of power being bound to a location.

I also wanted to design a class that would be useful for DMs to incorporate as baddies.

drive.google.com

/open?id=0B_fO9drMhlUeZXFTemRjTTk5aHc

I'm new and too lazy to post 10 new posts to make a link.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: The Witch Class (5 archetypes/1 spell)

Quote Originally Posted by impersonater View Post
    I put a little bit of time into this and wanted some feedback on balance and whatnot. I think the class is slightly stronger than your average casting class, but is often limited due to requirement of preparation in spell casting and a lot of power being bound to a location.

I also wanted to design a class that would be useful for DMs to incorporate as baddies.

drive.google.com

/open?id=0B_fO9drMhlUeZXFTemRjTTk5aHc

I'm new and too lazy to post 10 new posts to make a link.
    Hey this looks pretty awesome!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Witch Class (5 archetypes/1 spell)

Don't know much about 5e and balance, but as far as inspiration and theme go, this is a marvelous piece of work.

Just 2 notes:
    1. Black magic's 9th level spell says "power word will". Is that intentional?
    2. I didn't see any instance of Baleful Polymorph anywhere - a recurring story element associated with witches (nature magic seems most appropriate). Massmorph is another effect I've encountered from time to time.