New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    I just learnt that I have like 29 days of leave stacked up.

Something must be done about this.

...maybe I should go road trippin'. Although being winter, this is a horrible time for it. Ah well, time to take like 10 long weekends in a row
    Or MAYBE you should come to Finland. MAYBE. Maybe.
    It's summer here, wooo! Let's mess your head with (near) 24/7 daytime! And when it's night it's not even relatively dark!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    It's summer here, wooo! Let's mess your head with (near) 24/7 daytime! And when it's night it's not even relatively dark!
    I know the feeling *looks outside at the noonday sun that'll be there till maybe 11:00 tonight, after which it will just be a little darker*

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomvid View Post
    If I remember correctly, Randman is the dvorak kind of a guy. :D
    That must be a hassle since most keyboards are qwerty, so if you have to use another keyboard temporarily you turn into a dyslectic, unless you are a one or two finger typist that is.
    Oh, I can touch type on either keyboard, but the first minute when I switch is a bit shaky.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2016-05-26 at 04:14 PM. Reason: WHAT BROKEN QUOTES, FINN? HMMM?
    This avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Go on, Randman, continue the legacy of broken quotes.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    I think our animal scientists know that, but don't want to admit it because it makes them less "beneath us" than it does "equal to us". I know a lot of people who would flip out if it were beyond proven that say, our pets had just as many emotions and as much intelligence (relatively speaking) as us humans.
    I'm pretty sure most animal scientists worth their salt are perfectly willing to admit it, but what's considered common knowledge in scientific circles trickles awfully slowly out into the rest of society...

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Don't forget a furry carrot, too.

Just fur and carrot top and colors everywhere and jaggedy lines.

My draws like a third grader art skills would probably actually be up for the task.
    Sounds like a mouldy carrot. Throw it away. Throw it at the Wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Do you not get access to good eggs? Good eggs have flavor. Egg flavor.
    Of course we have good eggs! I live in Sweden, the answer to almost every "Do you have good [...]?" question is "Yes.". Not emu, though. I realised I could really go for some emu right now, and I'm not even hungry...

ION:
    Finally got a chance to try Roll for the Galaxy at gaming club tonight, which I'm really happy about, because I love Race for the Galaxy. It's funny how a game can be so faithful to its predecessor, and yet be so distinct. It's a great game too, if a bit loud. Plastic dice cups weren't the best design decision, if probably the cheapest.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I'm considering it! Or, at least, an overseas vacation. Where to is still up in the air.

Although, I think our winter is still hotter than your summer It's like 15°C right now, and we're already running for our mittens.

Go on, Randman, continue the legacy of broken quotes.
    I giggled way too long over this

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    ION:
    Finally got a chance to try Roll for the Galaxy at gaming club tonight, which I'm really happy about, because I love Race for the Galaxy. It's funny how a game can be so faithful to its predecessor, and yet be so distinct. It's a great game too, if a bit loud. Plastic dice cups weren't the best design decision, if probably the cheapest.
    Roll for the Galaxy is a lot of fun, yeah. Or, it would be if I weren't the worst roller in the history of mankind . The randomness can get a bit infuriating though.

We don't actually use cups normally. We've got a largeish felt square that we roll on. Makes no noise and keeps the dice from spilling everywhere. Fairly easy to collect back up, too.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

I'm considering it! Or, at least, an overseas vacation. Where to is still up in the air.

Although, I think our winter is still hotter than your summer It's like 15°C right now, and we're already running for our mittens.

I giggled way too long over this
    WELL OBVIOUSLY YOUR CHOICE IS FINLAND. Then you get to hang out with meeeee!

Right now it's one of those rainier days and the temperatures are likely at the same level, but otherwise we've been "enjoying"* 20ish temperatures. And just because it's an overseas vacation doesn't mean it has to be warm!

You're very welcome.

*I hate everything
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say the Fenno-Scandian summers fall in the 15-30°C range, where it usually averages around 20°C. The weather usually is more stable and more rainy the closer you get to the Norwegian coast, but it doesn't matter that much.

Roll for the Galaxy is a lot of fun, yeah. Or, it would be if I weren't the worst roller in the history of mankind . The randomness can get a bit infuriating though.
    Heh, in my first game, my dice were dead-set on giving me Development. In fact, I started out with a 6+ development which seemed to mesh well with my wide starting tile, and I managed to finish it before I rolled my first colony die, then continued to roll more development when I hadn't even managed to scout for more. My dice economy in that game was terrible, though, and I never quite managed to set up my shipping before another player Zerg rushed the game to an end.

In the second game, I started out with the Doomed Colony, meaning I had a really strong starting economy. This, and some lucky developments meant I continually got all my dice back in every round, with only a slight dip in the very middle. Another player got a really strong shipping industry going on, though, and although he ran out of dice toward the end, he beat my by 1 point (53 to 52, well ahead of the remaining 3 players). If I'd gotten a shipping phase in the last round, I could probably have beaten him, but I didn't.

We don't actually use cups normally. We've got a largeish felt square that we roll on. Makes no noise and keeps the dice from spilling everywhere. Fairly easy to collect back up, too.
    The cups help keeping your dice behind the way too small player screen, and the noise wan't that much of a problem, but perhaps I should suggest bringing out one or two of the felt mats the miniature gamers use for the next game...

Show

9. - Top - End - #39

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I'd say the Fenno-Scandian summers fall in the 15-30°C range, where it usually averages around 20°C. The weather usually is more stable and more rainy the closer you get to the Norwegian coast, but it doesn't matter that much.
    Surely it depends how far north you are? Fenno-Scandia as a whole covers from 55 degrees north latitude to 81 (if you include Svalbard), which is a pretty darned wide range...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not really no it's pretty consistent except perhaps for Svalbard (never been there), bear island or Greenland (part of Denmark), although the summer (late June) I came to Scotland in 2002 we had had 3 continuous weeks of 35-36C and unusually humid for Northern Sweden, so the 26C max here was a relief.
    Errare humanum est
    Live long and Prosper
    May the force be with you

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Surely it depends how far north you are? Fenno-Scandia as a whole covers from 55 degrees north latitude to 81 (if you include Svalbard), which is a pretty darned wide range...
    As Gnomvid said, you'd be surprised. The Gulf Stream acts as a climate buffer, balancing the weather overall, and the extended days in the north counteract the usual cold of the northerner latitudes. It's the winters which vary dramatically depending on the latitude.

Also, Svalbard is not a part of Fennoscandia, and for the record, neither is Denmark.

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Good news! Evangelion 2.22 arrived yesterday!

Bad news... That means I now have 2.22 and 3.33, and still no 1.11. Why am I receiving these backwards? They were all ordered at the same time.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post

Bad news... That means I now have 2.22 and 3.33, and still no 1.11. Why am I receiving these backwards? They were all ordered at the same time.
    It's clearly a sign! You now must watch the whole bunch of episodes all in a reverse order.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

Very belated new thread!

How y'all going?

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post

If it makes you feel better 1.11 is the least changed and
    Spoiler: minor plot spoilers for Rebuild 1
    Show
    it only covers up to the big crystal sniper fight so you're not gonna miss THAT much if you decide to watch 2.22 and 3.33.

Alternate response: You can [not] watch Eva.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Found a self evaluation and future study plan file on my computer that we had to return to our assigned tutor back in December 2012 I think - So yeah, back when I was still in Strath Uni back in Scotland. It feels somewhat weird to read through it almost 4 years later... and see that some things never change (time management)

There is one quote though that has made me giggle a lot in the past 5 minutes:

"Maths language is not easy for me as a non-native speaker. Not knowing the language has made me lose my confidence."

Dramatic much, Finn?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

17. - Top - End - #47

It's always quite fun to look at stuff you've written in the past, even if it can sometimes make you cringe.

It's also something that comes up in forums a lot, especially if you've been active for a long time. Sometimes you'll stumble upon a blast from the past if someone performs thread necromancy. It always makes me reflect about how different my life was at whatever time the post was from.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    It's always quite fun to look at stuff you've written in the past, even if it can sometimes make you cringe.

It's also something that comes up in forums a lot, especially if you've been active for a long time. Sometimes you'll stumble upon a blast from the past if someone performs thread necromancy. It always makes me reflect about how different my life was at whatever time the post was from.
    Oh boy, that reminds me of my original stories that I had written when I was 12... read through a couple of them about a year ago.

Nope. Never again. They shall remain in the box until the day my offspring finds them and then proceed to die from embarrassement.

Also, hello! Who you be? What you be? Seems like you have been here far longer than I have.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post

Ohhh yeah. Stick around in places like this for a while, and you'll be amazed at how much of your soul you leave in archived threads.
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

A Random Banter Scribble, everyone!

RANDOM BANTER, EPISODE CCXV: Return of the Budgie
    Spoiler: reveal yourself!
    Show
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ahaha, I'm an adult and didn't take a week to post about the Sheeptacular visit what are you even suggesting.

This past Sunday, we bade a fond farewell to Mutant, who went off to Chicagolandia from whence he came. This follwed Sheep's arrival on Friday.

Fun fact: Sheep has no phone. Sheep also has no sense of direction. Sheep also didn't know which bus to take and which stop to get off at.
    Fun fact: MoonCat was slightly stressed about not losing the Sheep in the middle of the city to get attacked by the roving mobs of Seattle before I even got to meet him.

Upon arriving, Sheep and I settled down for some good old-fashioned making fun of each other before exeunting off to see Day of Future Past.
    (Incidentally, Sheep walked into my dorm, saw a gender-neutral bathroom, and immediately declared my campus to be a hippie one. I don't even.)
    I had not actually seen any X-Men movies since the very first one, back when I was in fifth grade, so this was a fun new experience. The majority of the movie was spent with me poking Sheep to make him explain concepts to me as a result, however. And the Sheep stole my nachos. Also, now several of my university-friends have met the strange internet person and I'm not sure how to explain anything to them.
    Fun fact: Hugh Jackman is good looking??? Why did no one mention this??????

Following movie, we went back to my room and dicked around with makeup for a while, because I have realized that Sheep is a Disney Princess and needs according treatment. Y'all have seen one photo, here's another.

Spoiler: First Night
    Show
    Here one can also see Mutant's Inexplicable Moose. And here is the Sheep, communing with animals, like any good Disney Princess would.

Sheep is wearing about three times more makeup than I am in this picture, but unfortunately, much of it was lost in the lighting of the dorm room. Which is how I got him to concede to makeup the next day.

Fun fact: Sheep looks wonderful with yellow eyeshadow and dramatic cateyes.

Following makeup, we decided to watch The Emperor's New Groove, which Sheep had not seen before. Upon general agreement that Kronk is wonderful, we went to bed. (Remember: Sheep slept under my bed like a weirdo. Point and laugh at him.)

On the second day, I woke up some time after noon and poked the Sheep awake at about twenty to one. I dragged him up to the bookstore, at which point we discovered an Unexpected Street Fair. As y'all've heard, Sheep now has a copy of Good Omens, and we also got Fwendship Bracelets at the fair. (I wore mine today, Sheepio, how about you?)

Spoiler: Sheep in a Bookstore
    Show

Sheep is very unimpressed by rainbows, unicorns and Seattle. This poster is his anathema. Note the tasteful use of Lush's Santa Baby pink lipstick with dark mascara and golden glitter eyeliner on the lid.

We then headed over to a housewarming party for another friend of Sheep's, who recently moved to Washington. Here is our intrepid Disney Princess waiting at the bus stop.

Spoiler: Intrepid Princess
    Show

SheepFriend is a wonderful person and we had a great evening with her, some of which consisted of hiding in the loft to avoid all the other party guests. Somewhere along the way, the party turned into a sleepover for Sheep, myself, and SheepFriend (although I was the only one who hadn't already been planning on staying there that night already. (Sheep hosting worked somewhat like child custody between myself and SheepFriend this weekend.) So I got to borrow the Perry the Platypus pyjamas and sleep on an airmattress. T'was awesome.)

When we woke up the next morning (very early, earlier in fact, than the time at which I am writing this, 5:30AM, at which point I still haven't gone to bed for tonight.) we decided to watch Captain America Winter Soldier, which was great, because I hadn't seen it was am behind on MCU canon. After lunch, SheepFriend had another friend to host, so I took Mutant off her hands and headed back to the university area.

Spoiler: Sheep's makeup after sleeping a night in it
    Show

Prretttyyy sure the bus driver thought we were strange.

After returning to UW, I dragged Mutant back to the Street Fair to get henna tattoos and drinks at the bookstore's cafe. Sheep, being a nerd, got a Notre Dame Cross. I got a Stripey-Swirl. (official wording.)
    At this point, I should say, that Sheep, being a terrible phoneless person, hasn't been taking any pictures of me, and I'm not one to take pics of myself very often. However, I did hand him my phone once to capture our henna, so here's that.

Spoiler: Henna at the Cafe
    Show

Mutant was not at all cooperative about getting his hand in the shot. Augh it's my face, why.

Fun fact: Mutant put on his own makeup this time, using a lovely ColorPop Matte pink! I think it really sealed the Princess look that afternoon. Seriously, look at this doe-eyed idiota.

Spoiler: It's not fair, I say
    Show

Look at this injustice.

Following cafe time, I got a brief break from hosting while Sheep found himself a Mass to attend. (having done the math, I spent roughly 50 hours being social, with the only pause having been this particular hour. It is a testament to how enjoyable Mutant is that I didn't curl up in a ball and/or shoot someone after a day and a half, honestly.) Then we watched Lego Avengers and I introduced Mutant to Ouran High School Host Club, because I am evil and wanted to break his brain
    Fun fact: He likes Hikaru and Kaoru.

And yeah, that was about it. We ate a bunch of Skittles. SheepFriend picked him up at nine and we made sure to give each other proper glomphugs before Never Seeing One Another Again. (Are you coming back in June or August? Do you know yet?) I'm probably missing a goodly number of details, except I think I fried my brain and it is 6AM. But I did want to get those pictures up- now I just need to figure out if I'll copypaste, quote, or rewrite for the You! thread.

All in all, a very good time, and I recommend everyone find a Sheep to take around their area.
    Fun fact: I can physically lift and carry Sheep, we discovered this on Saturday.
    But yeah, good times were had, mementos are possessed, and now y'all can finally see this camera-shy witnit's face.

Now Imma go crash, the sun is up and I'm tired. Too much to do. Sheep, fill in any details for me.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm so proud of the two of you for having this adventure. Ovis is lucky to have a strong man like you in his life, MoonCat.

A Random Banter Scribble, everyone!

RANDOM BANTER, EPISODE CCXV: Return of the Budgie
    Spoiler: reveal yourself!
    Show
    Yaaaay! The return of silly draws! I love it.
    You've set a high bar.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You've set a high bar.
    Yaay!

The real question is, though... were you here when I chopped off my long hair?!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

...Kneen?

Kneen!

(You two planned that, right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #55

I'm so proud of the two of you for having this adventure. Ovis is lucky to have a strong man like you in his life, MoonCat.

You've set a high bar.
    I'm glad you're back Kneenibble! I was running out of Canadian friends to have solidarity with

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Ahaha, I'm an adult and didn't take a week to post about the Sheeptacular visit what are you even suggesting.

This past Sunday, we bade a fond farewell to Mutant, who went off to Chicagolandia from whence he came. This follwed Sheep's arrival on Friday.

Fun fact: Sheep has no phone. Sheep also has no sense of direction. Sheep also didn't know which bus to take and which stop to get off at.
    Fun fact: MoonCat was slightly stressed about not losing the Sheep in the middle of the city to get attacked by the roving mobs of Seattle before I even got to meet him.
    I SUGGEST THAT MOONIE IS NOT AN ADULT AND TOOK A WEEK TO POST. I SUGGEST THIS AND I SUGGEST IT LOUDLY. LOUDLY DO I SUGGEST IT.

Hehe. FROM WHENCE HE CAME.*lightning blasts*
    These are true facts, and they are exactly as fun they sound. Namely, I wandered the hilly lands of that Pacific Northwest, in what apperently was it's sunniest weekend of all time, and could not find my destination because they don't believe in actual grids out there.
    She was stressed. I was entirely calm and relaxed and excited to meet those kind looking strangers with the gleams in their eyes. Those weird, tye-dye robed hippie haired strangers.
    Upon arriving, Sheep and I settled down for some good old-fashioned making fun of each other before exeunting off to see Day of Future Past.
    (Incidentally, Sheep walked into my dorm, saw a gender-neutral bathroom, and immediately declared my campus to be a hippie one. I don't even.)
    I had not actually seen any X-Men movies since the very first one, back when I was in fifth grade, so this was a fun new experience. The majority of the movie was spent with me poking Sheep to make him explain concepts to me as a result, however. And the Sheep stole my nachos. Also, now several of my university-friends have met the strange internet person and I'm not sure how to explain anything to them.
    Fun fact: Hugh Jackman is good looking??? Why did no one mention this??????
    It was mostly her tearing my innards out. Luckily, as a mutant, I can regenerate. I am in fact, an X-man. Take Wolverine, and then make him a sheep, and then make him like me, and you get me. These directions, they are sensible, no?
    (It was hilariously hippie and everything that a college dorm was meant to be. It met my expectations, though it failed to exceed them.)

She was spared seeing X-3 though, so honestly, probably for the better. The nachos were tasty. Moon doesn't know enough comic but then she also knows plenty. It was weird. Also, her universitah friends are cool. I like them. They think I play D&D. I don't.

I mentioned this to her. Now she knows. It's a known thing.
    Following movie, we went back to my room and dicked around with makeup for a while, because I have realized that Sheep is a Disney Princess and needs according treatment.
    Following makeup, we decided to watch The Emperor's New Groove, which Sheep had not seen before. Upon general agreement that Kronk is wonderful, we went to bed. (Remember: Sheep slept under my bed like a weirdo. Point and laugh at him.)

SheepFriend is a wonderful person and we had a great evening with her, some of which consisted of hiding in the loft to avoid all the other party guests. Somewhere along the way, the party turned into a sleepover for Sheep, myself, and SheepFriend (although I was the only one who hadn't already been planning on staying there that night already. (Sheep hosting worked somewhat like child custody between myself and SheepFriend this weekend.) So I got to borrow the Perry the Platypus pyjamas and sleep on an airmattress. T'was awesome.) [Sheepnote: Double parenthesis again? You like those don'tcha moonieface.]
    Being a princess is fun!

Kronk is indeed the wonderful. (I welcome your points. Point at my fabulousness. Point away!)

Child Custody is a fairly accurate way of describing how they determined who had me. I had little input.

Following cafe time, I got a brief break from hosting while Sheep found himself a Mass to attend. (having done the math, I spent roughly 50 hours being social, with the only pause having been this particular hour. It is a testament to how enjoyable Mutant is that I didn't curl up in a ball and/or shoot someone after a day and a half, honestly.) Then we watched Lego Avengers and I introduced Mutant to Ouran High School Host Club, because I am evil and wanted to break his brain
    Fun fact: He likes Hikaru and Kaoru.

And yeah, that was about it. We ate a bunch of Skittles. SheepFriend picked him up at nine and we made sure to give each other proper glomphugs before Never Seeing One Another Again. (Are you coming back in June or August? Do you know yet?) I'm probably missing a goodly number of details, except I think I fried my brain and it is 6AM. But I did want to get those pictures up- now I just need to figure out if I'll copypaste, quote, or rewrite for the You! thread.

All in all, a very good time, and I recommend everyone find a Sheep to take around their area.
    Fun fact: I can physically lift and carry Sheep, we discovered this on Saturday.
    But yeah, good times were had, mementos are possessed, and now y'all can finally see this camera-shy witnit's face.

Now Imma go crash, the sun is up and I'm tired. Too much to do. Sheep, fill in any details for me.
    I think that there was a point where both of us wanted to go retire in a corner and just exist at ourselves for a bit but then we distracted ourselves with our collective awesome.

Hikaru is great! Twins are best though.

The answer is sadly no for June but I can always find a way to slip over in August if such seems possibly desirably desirable. Brain fried and grilled and properly steamed and all.

If you cannot find a local sheep, I am available for pickup.
    She can. I would have felt emasculated, but I was wearing too much make up.

I CORRECT ALL THE THINGS.

You've set a high bar.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm glad you're back Kneenibble! I was running out of Canadian friends to have solidarity with
    It always astounds me when I remember more than six people live in Canadia.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground

Guess who had his federal benefits turned off AGAIN?!

I got a piece of mail today going "those people you saw to get the benefits turned back on had no right to do what they did. It sent up flags in our system. You need to be mentally re-assessed. You go to HERE to see DR X at THIS TIME or you can't have them turned back on. Afterward there is a seven month appeals process." (It's scheduled for the middle of late next month).

The last time, my caseworker had to pull strings and do some threatening ("I will whistleblow" vs "DON'T YOU DARE OR YOUR KID IN JAIL GETS IT") to make sure I wasn't carted off to the nuthouse (and they tried). Now I have no such luck, because no caseworker.

28. - Top - End - #58

DrowGuy

I learned something today - sometimes vague Googling isn't helpful. Boy can it be hilarious, though.

I'm writing a story, and my mind drew a blank as I was trying to write a simile for something pushing something through something (without being dirty, of course). Naturally, I searched "things that push things."

The ENTIRE first page is articles about "things you (women) do to push guys away". I don't know how they accomplished this, but it's somehow impressive. I dunno.

To Hyena - Prayers and the best of luck.

Sheep and Moon - All that flashes through my head is romcoms. Stop being adorable. Just stop it.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Minnesota is close to Canadia. Does that count?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Minnesota is close to Canadia. Does that count?
    I mean I suppose

Also hi Eon!