New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

The mental age is more of a self-assessment, Tailiu. It's how I feel, anyway.

In my experience they have -not- dropped the IQ tests and "outdated" stuff. They just use it when they think no one is looking.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

lassie
    laaaaaaaaaaaasssie

glhf lassie

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I'm not that fast right now.. at least not yet. It's been like three years since I last had some proper cycling trips. I used to do at least 30-50km plus small errands a week back then, but now I'm down to 25ish with errands included. Still trying to figure out what's my summer goal km wise...
    Heh, I'm living way too close to anything for those distances. Although I could probably get up to 25 km a week if I had to show up at uni every day...

I like going fast, though, so I imagine that compensates for some distance.

Given, my brakes are currently worn down to nothingness, so I don't really dare going especially fast anywhere which isn't a long straight-ahead with little to no traffic...

I'm not sure what you mean with the empty spoiler? Is it not showing my bike?
    Noparsing the first paragraph of your inner quote:
    I got tired of the idea of fixing my old bike - too much[SPOILER=check out that bicycle][/SPOILER] hassle. That, and it got stolen. Oh well, I'm too tired to care. I only paid like 30 euros for it. Sigh, I hope someone gives the Fjällräven ATB bike a better life. But honestly try googling the bike. Very little information on them, and no mention of it in Fjällräven's history - or at least what I've tried to look for. I've seen like one or two of these bikes before, so I don't think someone has just slapped a sticker on it or anything. Hmm. Oh well. Meh.
    There's an odd empty spoiler labeled "check out that bicycle" in there...

Of course, this now means I've learned an even better way of hiding secret messages than

You should really check out my meltdown on RWA and me rising from the ashes like a phoenix
    I see. RWA is one of those threads I rarely frequent, if at all. I don't really have a lot of any of those letters to supply...

*stolls off to look*
    Aaah, found it. Sounds tough, glad to hear you're doing good now.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-06-14 at 08:20 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Sounds like you at least did some real mathematics. We had a class in "industrial economy", which basically was three weeks of accounting. Certainly useful if you want to create a start-up, but economists can't do math if their life so depends on it.

ION:
    Almost recovered. I'm trying to tell myself to be responsible today, but my mind is having none of it...
    Yeah, it's a little better than just accounting, but that's the bulk of it. Lots of different ways to compare investments.

Pfft, don't be responsible! Everybody needs a day off now and then.

The lecturer had a really complicated formula for how you apply compound interest, turning the percentage into a multiplier, applying it, and then turning the product back into a percentage. Iteratively. So you would do that again for the next year of interest. The entire class of engineering students boggled.

A friend of mine which has taken that class with another lecturer has told that she put a ± in front of a variable to denote that it could take on a negative value. Just hearing that is painful to me.
    ...I have no words.

Of course, this now means I've learned an even better way of hiding secret messages than
    Call me old-fashioned, but is it really better?

--
    ION:

On a whim, I decided to spend all most some of my free time today building a little analog synth. Currently I have a small, voltage-controlled pulse-wave oscillator with some interesting timbre characteristics (a by-product of how one goes about making a 555 timer into a VCO - the duty cycle is roughly proportionate to the (control:supply) voltage ratio, only really giving a full, square-wave sound near 50%), but as soon as I finish the second VCO circuit I'll be able to do some simple frequency modulation synthesis, and I can have all kinds of fun with the output (okay, it'll probably be mostly bell tones and other simple FM timbres. I'll need to build more oscillators to do the crazy stuff).

Edit: or would this count as phase modulation instead? The line's usually a little more clear with digital (and also usually PM, by virtue of that being the easy way to do it in code, most of the time), but I suppose there's still a difference on an analog synth.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2016-06-14 at 09:05 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    lassie
    laaaaaaaaaaaasssie

glhf lassie
    ... you're scaring me, mister.

Heh, I'm living way too close to anything for those distances. Although I could probably get up to 25 km a week if I had to show up at uni every day...

I like going fast, though, so I imagine that compensates for some distance.

Given, my brakes are currently worn down to nothingness, so I don't really dare going especially fast anywhere which isn't a long straight-ahead with little to no traffic...

I see. RWA is one of those threads I rarely frequent, if at all. I don't really have a lot of any of those letters to supply...

*stolls off to look*
    Aaah, found it. Sounds tough, glad to hear you're doing good now.
    Time to go for a random stroll! Get that movin'!

Time to fix those brakes, then. I always used to fix my brakes, but now that my new bicycle has disc brakes... it's a much more complicated task.

Yeah. Musta ori is my "I'm an independent woman and I don't need no man *snap snap snap*" statement. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    *shakes fist* You meddling kids with your meddling methods!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

But am I as scary as Gabrje, Novo Mesto? Or a flower? These are Important Questions.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

But am I as scary as Gabrje, Novo Mesto? Or a flower? These are Important Questions.
    Competition, see
    Can scare the best of poets
    Yet, here I'm standing
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    The mental age is more of a self-assessment, Tailiu. It's how I feel, anyway.
    Oh, okay. I understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    In my experience they have -not- dropped the IQ tests and "outdated" stuff. They just use it when they think no one is looking.
    I didn't mean that IQ tests were outdated, but rather that the idea that the IQ test measures one's "mental age" is outdated.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground

@ Aegis J. Hyena: I offer my long-distance support for your situation. I hate dealing with mental related goverment stuff and I live in a country with better support and my brain quirks are a lot milder than yours. Your situation, frankly, sounds like some form of torture devised by Frans Kafka. I hope it works out for you.

Don't give me ideas. It's grey, so now I only want to name it "Panzer". Or, since it's speedy, at least pack my latent Jingoism up into a little more subtle reference and call it Leopard. Or Panther, because it's dark, but Leopard is speedier.

I can attest to this. When hauling back the party stuff, a woman with a child walked past, and without any prompting whatsoever, she asked if she could help us with one of our bags. I told her she could if she wanted to, and she picked up a bag and carried it the some hundreds of metres to the parking lot we had our trailer in.
    ... I thought I quoted the original quotes for these, but apparently not. ^.^"

Anyway, I vote to christen Finnbike StraussRaubtier: Road-predator. That is a bike that could be on a metal album cover.German Shepard, Finnish Leopard is pretty good too...

I also had a friend tell me the other day that they've been thinking I was a redneck for the last couple of years, and only tumbled to it when I mentioned the Zootropolis/Zootopia name change. I still have no idea what to think about that.

Random other news: Comodo has been saying that I've got a lot of things wrong with my computer, but won't do anything to fix them besides saying I should get their experts to look at it. I'm a bit reluctant to let somebody I've never met fiddle about with my computer though. Does anybody know much about Comodo and/or any idea what to do with this?
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

*Old man Amidus shakes cane* "DAMN KIDS! GET OFFA MY LAAWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Random other news: Comodo has been saying that I've got a lot of things wrong with my computer, but won't do anything to fix them besides saying I should get their experts to look at it. I'm a bit reluctant to let somebody I've never met fiddle about with my computer though. Does anybody know much about Comodo and/or any idea what to do with this?
    Did they tell you what was wrong with your computer? I don't know anything about Comodo, but I (and the other techy people in this thread) could probably point you in the right direction if any of your problems are something you could easily fix.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2016-06-15 at 04:51 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for the support, Durkoala... I have a pretty good handle on mine, but good luck trying to convince ANYONE of that. People who study mental health, in my experience, come across as "high and mighty" and the old "excuse me, who's got the PHD? Not you? Ok then." attitude. Here's hoping I don't spook the guy doing the interview into putting me on a hold.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

So... yeah.

Spoiler: Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
    Show
    Oh, hey, cool, this is largely a shot for shot remake of the original Neon Genesis Evangelion! A few obvious larger differences, and quite a few minor things (such as Shinji saying "home sweet home" rather than "I'm home") that stick out. I saw the original series on TV, followed by many many rewatches of the Platinum Edition DVD, so all these little minor changes really stood out.

Ending is brand new and seems to hint at a "this has happened before" time loop scenario.

Spoiler: Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance
    Show
    Where the original Neon Genesis Evangelion series lured you into a false sense of security of thinking that it was just another giant mecha anime at the start, before pulling the rug right out from under you, these movies seem to do the same on an entirely different level. Just when you felt safe in the movies being largely the same as the series, this movie enters the fray to highlight just exactly how wrong you were.

Spoiler: Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
    Show
    I no longer have a single frame of reference linking these movies to the original series, except for the 17th angel, who is now apparently both the 1st angel and the 13th angel in this movie series. While the exact circumstances are completely changed, the sequence of events involving that angel plays out largely the same as it did in the original series.

Bring on Evangelion 3.33+1.11! Hurry up and make Evangelion 3.0+1.0 already!

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

14. - Top - End - #224
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    So... yeah.

Spoiler: Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
    Show
    Oh, hey, cool, this is largely a shot for shot remake of the original Neon Genesis Evangelion! A few obvious larger differences, and quite a few minor things (such as Shinji saying "home sweet home" rather than "I'm home") that stick out. I saw the original series on TV, followed by many many rewatches of the Platinum Edition DVD, so all these little minor changes really stood out.

Ending is brand new and seems to hint at a "this has happened before" time loop scenario.

Spoiler: Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance
    Show
    Where the original Neon Genesis Evangelion series lured you into a false sense of security of thinking that it was just another giant mecha anime at the start, before pulling the rug right out from under you, these movies seem to do the same on an entirely different level. Just when you felt safe in the movies being largely the same as the series, this movie enters the fray to highlight just exactly how wrong you were.

Spoiler: Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
    Show
    I no longer have a single frame of reference linking these movies to the original series, except for the 17th angel, who is now apparently both the 1st angel and the 13th angel in this movie series. While the exact circumstances are completely changed, the sequence of events involving that angel plays out largely the same as it did in the original series.

Bring on Evangelion 3.33+1.11! Hurry up and make Evangelion 3.0+1.0 already!
    A thing I want to point out about Rebuild 2, that makes me cackle with unending glee.
    Spoiler: Rebuild 2
    Show

Gendo tries to be a better Dad here. He really does, in his own ways. Things seem to be going well, in fact better. Shinji is having a happier life!

This causes Third Impact to HAPPEN EARLIER THAN EXPECTED. Shinji is not allowed to be happy. That being said it does give me one of my...favorite quotes of all time.

"This time...I will make you happy."

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    A thing I want to point out about Rebuild 2, that makes me cackle with unending glee.
    Show

Gendo tries to be a better Dad here. He really does, in his own ways. Things seem to be going well, in fact better. Shinji is having a happier life!

This causes Third Impact to HAPPEN EARLIER THAN EXPECTED. Shinji is not allowed to be happy. That being said it does give me one of my...favorite quotes of all time.

"This time...I will make you happy."
    Spoiler: Evangelion 2.22
    Show
    Not earlier than Gendo expected.

Actually, the near entirety of Evangelion 2.22 is almost a wish fulfilment scenario for Shinji. Mari thinks that he smells really nice. Rei warms up to him and tries to not only help his relationship with his father, but cook for him. Asuka also calms down enough to cook for him, but backs off in time not to make a scene between her and Rei. His relationship with his father does appear to be improving thanks to Rei.

But then everything goes to poop.

P.S. "This time". Yet more evidence.

Spoiler: Evangelion 3.33
    Show
    "I'm sorry, this is not the happiness you wanted and deserved."

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler: Evangelion 2.22
    Show
    Not earlier than Gendo expected.

Actually, the near entirety of Evangelion 2.22 is almost a wish fulfilment scenario for Shinji. Mari thinks that he smells really nice. Rei warms up to him and tries to not only help his relationship with his father, but cook for him. Asuka also calms down enough to cook for him, but backs off in time not to make a scene between her and Rei. His relationship with his father does appear to be improving thanks to Rei.

But then everything goes to poop.

P.S. "This time". Yet more evidence.

Spoiler: Evangelion 3.33
    Show
    "I'm sorry, this is not the happiness you wanted and deserved."
    Show
    To be fair Mari thinking he smells nice isn't...the MOST positive thing given it's because he smells like LCL and as we've seen she's basically what would happen if Simon from Gurren Lagann was thrown into an Evangelion unit. She even kinda gets Spiral Eyes too. It's fantastic and I love it.

But yeah that's all I was talking about. Shinji's life is good! His Dad is trying to be a better person, the people in his life are kind and like him and trying to do good things. Misato is upfront with him about what is going on and accepts what he says instead of being forceful. Everything's coming up Shinji!

Then the timer for the movie hits 1:08 and everything goes to hell. And yet despite that...Shinji presses on and saves Rei like a ****ing badass!...which causes Instrumentality to start SOONER.

Spoiler: Rebuild 3
    Show

I still need to rewatch Rebuild 3 because...the first time I saw it I think I missed something because I was completely lost and felt it was really lucklustre. I also felt that they cheapened the "666 THE BEAST" mode with the "667 THE BEAST" mode, which...I mean I get it but at the same time that's kinda lame.

17. - Top - End - #227

Show
    To be fair Mari thinking he smells nice isn't...the MOST positive thing given it's because he smells like LCL and as we've seen she's basically what would happen if Simon from Gurren Lagann was thrown into an Evangelion unit. She even kinda gets Spiral Eyes too. It's fantastic and I love it.

But yeah that's all I was talking about. Shinji's life is good! His Dad is trying to be a better person, the people in his life are kind and like him and trying to do good things. Misato is upfront with him about what is going on and accepts what he says instead of being forceful. Everything's coming up Shinji!

Then the timer for the movie hits 1:08 and everything goes to hell. And yet despite that...Shinji presses on and saves Rei like a ****ing badass!...which causes Instrumentality to start SOONER.

Spoiler: Rebuild 3
    Show

I still need to rewatch Rebuild 3 because...the first time I saw it I think I missed something because I was completely lost and felt it was really lucklustre. I also felt that they cheapened the "666 THE BEAST" mode with the "667 THE BEAST" mode, which...I mean I get it but at the same time that's kinda lame.
    Spoiler: Evangelion 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33
    Show
    While looking for information on the differences between the theatrical 1.0/2.0/3.0 release and the 1.11/2.22/3.33 home releases, I stumbled on this analysis. While I think the poster is reading a little too much into it, he does make a few good points. 1.11 is comfortable, same, familiar. 2.22 is wow, everything is going so well. 3.33 is depth, despair, failure.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I believeland in Cleveland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Those Western sportsballers sure look...deflated. /originaljoke

20. - Top - End - #230

Those Western sportsballers sure look...deflated. /originaljoke
    EVERY fiber of my being wants to scream the response I want to say, but I...I cannot.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe in you! Free yourself from the bounds of taste, propriety, prudence, and grammar! Unleash the hot take that lies within!

22. - Top - End - #232

I believe in you! Free yourself from the bounds of taste, propriety, prudence, and grammar! Unleash the hot take that lies within!
    IF YOU SAY SO! I'll believe in the you that believes in me.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it's a little better than just accounting, but that's the bulk of it. Lots of different ways to compare investments.
    Yeah, comparing investments and calculating the profitability of different merchandise was also part of it. Sounds like we pretty much got the same course.

Pfft, don't be responsible! Everybody needs a day off now and then.
    Now and then, yes.

...I have no words.
    This is the proper reaction.

That depends. Do you want people to have a chance of spotting it or not? Even a quoter must make their spot check to see it...

ION:

On a whim, I decided to spend all most some of my free time today building a little analog synth. Currently I have a small, voltage-controlled pulse-wave oscillator with some interesting timbre characteristics (a by-product of how one goes about making a 555 timer into a VCO - the duty cycle is roughly proportionate to the (control:supply) voltage ratio, only really giving a full, square-wave sound near 50%), but as soon as I finish the second VCO circuit I'll be able to do some simple frequency modulation synthesis, and I can have all kinds of fun with the output (okay, it'll probably be mostly bell tones and other simple FM timbres. I'll need to build more oscillators to do the crazy stuff).

Edit: or would this count as phase modulation instead? The line's usually a little more clear with digital (and also usually PM, by virtue of that being the easy way to do it in code, most of the time), but I suppose there's still a difference on an analog synth.
    That's mighty cool!

I can't answer your question, though...

Time to fix those brakes, then. I always used to fix my brakes, but now that my new bicycle has disc brakes... it's a much more complicated task.
    Yeah, I can fix them on my own, but I have one free service left on this bicycle, and I'm going to use it to its full extent.

Also, I'm sad I couldn't get disc breaks for my bicycle, since V brakes have a tendency to wear down...

Yeah. Musta ori is my "I'm an independent woman and I don't need no man *snap snap snap*" statement. :P
    That sounds like something directly out of the early fourties. Well, except the highly contemporary phrasing, but still.

The truly inquisitive are those who break everything to see what comes out.
    Thus, it's probably a good idea to limit you inquisitiveness to a more focused field, lest you may get some trouble with the authorities...

Anyway, I vote to christen Finnbike StraussRaubtier: Road-predator. That is a bike that could be on a metal album cover.German Shepard, Finnish Leopard is pretty good too...
    There's a Swedish industrial metal band named Raubtier, so there's that...

Yeah, without any further details, I can't really give much advice. If you're reluctant to hand it away, you can always back up any important files to some cloud service, like Dropbox or one of its many competitors. It should be safe anyway, but backing up is always a good idea, so having to hand over you computer is an excellent reason to do so.

ION:
    I've run into a curious problem. I've started to become accosted by recruiters. I know my line of study is highly desired at the job market, but I would have expected I'd at least get one shot at searching for a job myself before the headhunt started. Also, my vanity doesn't like it, because all they know is my program and my year of graduation, so it doesn't as much feel like they want me as much as someone like me.

On the other hand, one of them is trying to profile me for some jobs at SAAB Group, and I've had my eyes on them for quite a while already...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

ION:
    I've run into a curious problem. I've started to become accosted by recruiters. I know my line of study is highly desired at the job market, but I would have expected I'd at least get one shot at searching for a job myself before the headhunt started. Also, my vanity doesn't like it, because all they know is my program and my year of graduation, so it doesn't as much feel like they want me as much as someone like me.

On the other hand, one of them is trying to profile me for some jobs at SAAB Group, and I've had my eyes on them for quite a while already...
    Sounds like a good problem to have. Time to, ah, play the field.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

*takes a duster*

Hmm... Interesting...

*ventures down to the deep realms of the Random Banter Corner*

I knew it. Dust. Dust everywhere.

*starts cleaning*
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, without any further details, I can't really give much advice. If you're reluctant to hand it away, you can always back up any important files to some cloud service, like Dropbox or one of its many competitors. It should be safe anyway, but backing up is always a good idea, so having to hand over you computer is an excellent reason to do so.
    *Did they tell you what was wrong with your computer? I don't know anything about Comodo, but I (and the other techy people in this thread) could probably point you in the right direction if any of your problems are something you could easily fix.

I haven't actually checked with them, but they aren't asking more me to give my computer for fixing, they're asking for me to link them in through the internet, or maybe just talk me through what I'm doing.

****. Well, I decided to look up about Comodo geekbuddy while writing this, and found a whole host of negative reviews about how it got in their computer as part of an update, constantly pops up saying things are wrong and generally makes things worse when contacting the technicians, which is about half of my experience so far. And it apparently can't be uninstalled normally, although I haven't tried that yet.

For once, I'm glad to have mild social anxiety, or I could have contacted them like they suggested and this could have been a lot worse.

IRN: A friend reccomended wise 365 computer cleaner. While I trust him that it's good, etc, I was wondering if anybody knew much about it?

ION:

I say go for it! The more experience (and money) you get, the more options you have for later jobs. Although having the feeling that you aren't really what's wanted isn't fun, I know.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Firbolg in the Playground

cool Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

So, I've been in London for about 24 hours now!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    So, I've been in London for about 24 hours now!
    I hope you're enjoying. I've heard London is nice. Be on the look out for any "The Ripper" types.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Firbolg in the Playground

I hope you're enjoying. I've heard London is nice. Be on the look out for any "The Ripper" types.
    Noted.

I've having a decent time thusfar- I've gone out and done a bit of shopping (Waitrose's) and beat the jetlag.

However, I managed to lose my phone, and the Canadians stole my luggage.

Or rather, my one checked bag, with all my things, ended up somehow getting stuck in Vancouver, so until it arrives, I'm in the same clothes I've worn since Friday morning when I left.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Noted.

I've having a decent time thusfar- I've gone out and done a bit of shopping (Waitrose's) and beat the jetlag.

However, I managed to lose my phone, and the Canadians stole my luggage.

Or rather, my one checked bag, with all my things, ended up somehow getting stuck in Vancouver, so until it arrives, I'm in the same clothes I've worn since Friday morning when I left.
    Oh dear x_X. Sorry about that, hope you can get it back soon!