New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

Moonie, have you gone to somewhere like Primark to get some quick cheap fix for the clothing situation? I remember that my friends lost their luggages when they were on their way to Romania... It took 4-5 days for them to arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh dear x_X. Sorry about that, hope you can get it back soon!
    Thanks brah. <fingers crossed>

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Moonie, have you gone to somewhere like Primark to get some quick cheap fix for the clothing situation? I remember that my friends lost their luggages when they were on their way to Romania... It took 4-5 days for them to arrive.
    Fortunately, I know when it's supposed to get here. I was told it would arrive today, and since I didn't have any plans until tomorrow, I figured I'd just tough through. It should only be another few hours at the most I think. If it isn't, I may have to make some irritated phone calls.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yeah, comparing investments and calculating the profitability of different merchandise was also part of it. Sounds like we pretty much got the same course.

That depends. Do you want people to have a chance of spotting it or not? Even a quoter must make their spot check to see it...

--
    That's mighty cool!

I can't answer your question, though...

--
    The truly inquisitive are those who break everything to see what comes out.
    Thus, it's probably a good idea to limit you inquisitiveness to a more focused field, lest you may get some trouble with the authorities...

--
    ION:
    I've run into a curious problem. I've started to become accosted by recruiters. I know my line of study is highly desired at the job market, but I would have expected I'd at least get one shot at searching for a job myself before the headhunt started. Also, my vanity doesn't like it, because all they know is my program and my year of graduation, so it doesn't as much feel like they want me as much as someone like me.

On the other hand, one of them is trying to profile me for some jobs at SAAB Group, and I've had my eyes on them for quite a while already...
    I suppose it's a little comforting to know that some classes (beyond straight science and math) are the same other places.

Well, if I wanted it to only be seen by the people really looking for it, I'd set the spot DC in the 30's.

--
    It was fun to mess around with, though I've since dismantled it (in favor of a more traditional VCO - well, slightly; it's still missing the real range and drive of a proper one, but that's a lot of extra circuitry - with a little more linear output and a constant duty cycle - also, triangle waves. This one uses two opamps, a small cap, and a mosfet instead). I do have some audio of the dual 555-timer circuit saved on my phone - I might upload it if anyone's interested in hearing me **** with the knobs on it for a minute or two, though it's not pretty in the slightest.

Mm, I'll probably take a look into it eventually (nagging curiosity being what it is). My guess is that the control-voltage input on the 555 timer messes with the capacitor discharging, so I'm leaning towards some sort of phase distortion instead of frequency, but it's hard to say without pulling up an internal diagram and actually LOOKING.

--
    Breaking things is fun! Unfortunately, putting them back together can be both difficult and necessary.

--
    The best kind of problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post

I haven't actually checked with them, but they aren't asking more me to give my computer for fixing, they're asking for me to link them in through the internet, or maybe just talk me through what I'm doing.

****. Well, I decided to look up about Comodo geekbuddy while writing this, and found a whole host of negative reviews about how it got in their computer as part of an update, constantly pops up saying things are wrong and generally makes things worse when contacting the technicians, which is about half of my experience so far. And it apparently can't be uninstalled normally, although I haven't tried that yet.

For once, I'm glad to have mild social anxiety, or I could have contacted them like they suggested and this could have been a lot worse.

IRN: A friend reccomended wise 365 computer cleaner. While I trust him that it's good, etc, I was wondering if anybody knew much about it?
    I would advise against general-purpose "computer cleaning" software, as a rule. I'm sure good quality programs of that nature exist out in the wild, but you're going to want to be pretty careful in picking them. Depending on what's actually wrong with your computer (you still haven't said), I'd say get a solid antivirus (there are a handful of pretty decent free ones, and plenty more excellent ones you can buy), an ad-blocking extension for your browser (you can always whitelist sites you like), and maybe Malwarebytes (or some other anti-malware program). You might also considering defragmenting your drives - not difficult, but pretty time-consuming, depending on how much data you have.

Of course, the general-purpose advice isn't as helpful as knowing the fix to whatever technical troubles are currently ailing your PC. (or indeed, knowing what the problem is in the first place)
    A few odds and ends.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

*screams*

Why does every single gaming group that I end up in have the know-it-all guy that doesn't listen to me, talks over me and explains about stuff that I'm already very aware of and even sometimes know about rather a lot. I'm not the only one he interrupts at time with... trivia, but it's definitely stronger when I'm saying something. Because I'm a poor woman who knows nothing about videogames and their mechanics or anything else about nerd culture. That's how it feels like. I don't know if he's trying to be impressive to a new member and show off how ~cool~ he is... but that dude ain't impressin' me.

IRL, online... there's always that guy.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #245
    Colossus in the Playground

Bleeegh I'm sorry Finn. I hope you can find a way to explain to him that he's being very rude and ruining your time. And also that he should dunk his face in a trash can.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

On TV, I see a lot of pity shows: shows about people who perform on stage to earn money for their sick parents, children from broken families, children with mental illnesses, children in rural areas who work at a young age to provide for the family, etc.

My dad always talks about people from these shows. "Such poor children, look at how lucky you are". But after I've watched so many of these pity shows, I'm numbed. I want to roll my eyes whenever I hear yet another orphan or broken family and the many other typical tropes used to invoke pity. Of course, I can't show that to the people I talk to, otherwise I'm unsympathetic and cruel.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

*screams*

Why does every single gaming group that I end up in have the know-it-all guy that doesn't listen to me, talks over me and explains about stuff that I'm already very aware of and even sometimes know about rather a lot. I'm not the only one he interrupts at time with... trivia, but it's definitely stronger when I'm saying something. Because I'm a poor woman who knows nothing about videogames and their mechanics or anything else about nerd culture. That's how it feels like. I don't know if he's trying to be impressive to a new member and show off how ~cool~ he is... but that dude ain't impressin' me.

IRL, online... there's always that guy.
    If it's any consolation, I don't think it's just you; I think it's a near-universal feature of geek groups. Especially since geekdom is remarkably tolerant of such individuals. In my experience, those without such people tend to be the groups where at some point someone has been assertive enough in the past to eject them, or get them to change their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    On TV, I see a lot of pity shows: shows about people who perform on stage to earn money for their sick parents, children from broken families, children with mental illnesses, children in rural areas who work at a young age to provide for the family, etc.

My dad always talks about people from these shows. "Such poor children, look at how lucky you are". But after I've watched so many of these pity shows, I'm numbed. I want to roll my eyes whenever I hear yet another orphan or broken family and the many other typical tropes used to invoke pity. Of course, I can't show that to the people I talk to, otherwise I'm unsympathetic and cruel.
    I don't think this is uncommon either. It takes something either pretty special, or something close to home, for me to see it is anything other than more of the same these days. Which is probably bad, but it's a feature of overexposure. That said, for all that I've become inured to it through constant repetition, I have found myself becoming more sympathetic to such cases in recent years as I've got older, or maybe as I've watched less TV. I wonder if there's a period in people's lives of "peak indifference", which I've now passed.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Those of you who both read Homestuck and frequent this thread, do you think:

• TaiLiu c3< MoonCat and me
    • LaZodiac c3< MoonCat and me

or
    • neither LaZodiac nor TaiLiu c3< us?

Don't say that we <3< each other; we don't, at least in part because (as I've mentioned before) I'm not interested in... that.

I don't really know why I'm asking this, by the way.
    Is this shipping or something? Sex? Cuddling? Hugs?

9. - Top - End - #249

or

Don't say that we <3< each other; we don't, at least in part because (as I've mentioned before) I'm not interested in... that.

...Teddy please translate this.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Bleeegh I'm sorry Finn. I hope you can find a way to explain to him that he's being very rude and ruining your time. And also that he should dunk his face in a trash can.
    To sooth my brain, he hasn't been online for two nights. Yay! Not at least when I've been online. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    If it's any consolation, I don't think it's just you; I think it's a near-universal feature of geek groups. Especially since geekdom is remarkably tolerant of such individuals. In my experience, those without such people tend to be the groups where at some point someone has been assertive enough in the past to eject them, or get them to change their ways.
    Yeah, I am most definitely not the only one. A lot of my female friends have the same issue when they enter a new group or somewhere that they only know a couple of people. It's frustrating as heck. In the past I've dealt with it the best way I've could: ignore the person completely and move on to focus on closer friends. Most of us are strangers to each other (it's a gaming sub-group from another FB-group that connected all of us), so it'll take some time for the group to really form itself. Some are there for the chats, but some of us want to get on multiplayer stuff.

Wharblgarbl stupid know-it-alls.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not Teddy, but the comment is asking if RB veterans think you/TaiLiu mediate a contentious/quarrelsome relationship between MoonCat and enderlord99 to keep it functional. I am not a RB vet, though.
    Last edited by Lethologica; 2016-06-21 at 05:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, tomorrow is my mental "evaluation" for disability benefits since I don't deal well with people in the real world to the point I'm like Dr. Bowman of Freefall -- I don't know what is normal anymore. If my benefits aren't taken away from me, I'm celebrating by starting up a gaming group on my twitch channel with that roll20 or something I've heard so much about (I'll need your help, Prof Gnoll). I don't "look" disabled" and have held jobs in the distant past, both strikes against me that almost stopped me from getting benefits in the first place. My caseworker in NY threatened politics and blackmail to the point the govt overlooked it.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    I'm not Teddy, but the comment is asking if RB veterans think you/TaiLiu mediate a contentious/quarrelsome relationship between MoonCat and enderlord99 to keep it functional. I am not a RB vet, though.
    I didn't know MoonCat and enderlord99 had an actively contentious relationship with each other. It seemed like an "I ignore you; you ignore me" kind of relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    So, tomorrow is my mental "evaluation" for disability benefits since I don't deal well with people in the real world to the point I'm like Dr. Bowman of Freefall -- I don't know what is normal anymore. If my benefits aren't taken away from me, I'm celebrating by starting up a gaming group on my twitch channel with that roll20 or something I've heard so much about (I'll need your help, Prof Gnoll). I don't "look" disabled" and have held jobs in the distant past, both strikes against me that almost stopped me from getting benefits in the first place. My caseworker in NY threatened politics and blackmail to the point the govt overlooked it.
    Ah... Best of luck, Aegis! I hope you succeed! If you do, I'll try and see if I can join your gaming group (if you'll let me in, of course)!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

We used to.
    I know, which is why I used the word "actively."

I can't recall the reason why, though. Was it a personality clash?

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

****. Well, I decided to look up about Comodo geekbuddy while writing this, and found a whole host of negative reviews about how it got in their computer as part of an update, constantly pops up saying things are wrong and generally makes things worse when contacting the technicians, which is about half of my experience so far. And it apparently can't be uninstalled normally, although I haven't tried that yet.

For once, I'm glad to have mild social anxiety, or I could have contacted them like they suggested and this could have been a lot worse.
    Yeah, that sounds bad. I generally distrust software I haven't installed myself or don't know the publisher of. try2hack.lt was fun until they wanted me to run a .exe. It probably isn't malicious, but since I had no references on the creators, I decided to stop there.

I say go for it! The more experience (and money) you get, the more options you have for later jobs. Although having the feeling that you aren't really what's wanted isn't fun, I know.
    Well, true, but on the other hand, if I do the job hunting myself, I can be a lot more picky about where to work and with what. I'm not desperate yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    So, I've been in London for about 24 hours now!
    Ooo, travelling!

I've having a decent time thusfar- I've gone out and done a bit of shopping (Waitrose's) and beat the jetlag.
    Nice!

However, I managed to lose my phone, and the Canadians stole my luggage.

Or rather, my one checked bag, with all my things, ended up somehow getting stuck in Vancouver, so until it arrives, I'm in the same clothes I've worn since Friday morning when I left.
    Ooof, phone losing doesn't sound fun. And bag mistransfering, a good old tradition since 1903...

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    I suppose it's a little comforting to know that some classes (beyond straight science and math) are the same other places.
    Yeah, kinda fascinating, really.

Well, if I wanted it to only be seen by the people really looking for it, I'd set the spot DC in the 30's.
    Nah, I'd call it a DC 10 Search check if you really look for it. Perhaps a DC 15-20 Spot check when it's in a part of the post you're quoting, and DC 20-25 if it's in a part of the post you're trimming away...

It was fun to mess around with, though I've since dismantled it (in favor of a more traditional VCO - well, slightly; it's still missing the real range and drive of a proper one, but that's a lot of extra circuitry - with a little more linear output and a constant duty cycle - also, triangle waves. This one uses two opamps, a small cap, and a mosfet instead). I do have some audio of the dual 555-timer circuit saved on my phone - I might upload it if anyone's interested in hearing me **** with the knobs on it for a minute or two, though it's not pretty in the slightest.
    I would be interested, if for nothing else at least out of sheer curiousity.

Mm, I'll probably take a look into it eventually (nagging curiosity being what it is). My guess is that the control-voltage input on the 555 timer messes with the capacitor discharging, so I'm leaning towards some sort of phase distortion instead of frequency, but it's hard to say without pulling up an internal diagram and actually LOOKING.
    Wouldn't phase distortion basically mean that the output frequency only deviates from the base frequency when the input frequency changes, working as a form of deriver?

Breaking things is fun! Unfortunately, putting them back together can be both difficult and necessary.
    That's the good part about working with code. Set up a proper Git repository and you can go wild and crazy with it.

The best kind of problem to have.
    I'm not sure about that. I think I'd rank having too much cake higher...

You want to hear about Troll romance? Let me tell you about Troll romance.

Okay, short story, Homestuck Trolls have four kinds of romantic feelings, conveniently labeled with the four card suits. Hearts, or red romance, is our standard human love, while spades, or black romance, is some form of anti-love which in short can be described as "I love to hate you" or "I can't stop coming back for more of your incredibly annoying behaviour". It makes kinda sense, you can definitely describe some people's propensity to stalk people who annoy them and constantly bring it up as a likeness to black romance (or kismesissitude as it's called in-universe).

Then we have diamonds and clubs which really are more platonic, but they're listed as forms of romance anyway because Troll culture would crash and burn if everyone didn't engage in them. Diamond is kinda like having a best friend who is really not like you at all, and you kinda help each other improve the weak sides of your personalities. And clubs is basically, as mentioned earlier, a form of mediation where a third person stops two people who weren't made for being spades with each other from engaging in it anyway (which if unchecked would escalate in violence). It's one of those things which some people definitely would need with their human romatic relations...

TL;DR:
    <3 - love
    <3< - they're constantly seeking each other out to quarrel, we tease them by calling it love
    <> - unlikely BFFs
    c3< - <3< is turning abusive, so a third party tells them to stay away from each other

ION:
    Yesterday I learned that E440 is made from orange. I learned this by finding a thin slice of unmistakable orange peel inside my lingonberry jam, and it was the only ingredient from the declaration unaccounted for. Turns out I was right too, E440, or pectin, is extracted from oranges or apples.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-06-22 at 02:16 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

So, back from the mental eval. Bunch of guys with clipboards all acting snobbish, the stereotypical "who has the PHD? Not you? Ok then."

Long story short: "Who did you piss off? And why are you still alive?" (take that with salt; NY has an attitude problem; it's why I ran to Ohio eventually)

I was told "25% of keeping benefits, because these jerks are beyond the 1% and I may lose my job if not worse if I don't adhere to say what I am told to say on the report."

Quote of the day, one of the questions asked THREE times to me: "Do you masturbate often?" I. s**t. you. not. They asked me that. THREE times. Got asked all manner of questions ranging from elementary school background (the hell?) to college, to intimacy, to money situations, to "what if..." to etc etc etc.

I never want to go through that again. I wouldn't wish this on Hitler, or even Trump or Hillary. I had two friends with me to vouch for character, they were denied entry into the "screening room" and I had to go it alone.

I'd explain a longer story, but I expect I'd be looked at like Roy looking at Belkar after Durkon was bled dry if I did.

Edit: Of course you can join, Tailiu... I may actually have it set characters and the chatgoers get picked every game session to put unique spins on things.
    Last edited by Aegis J Hyena; 2016-06-22 at 02:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Firbolg in the Playground

or

We used to.

Okay, what the hell.

Enderlord, I have no idea why you're posting about me all of a sudden, given that I have not spoken to you for years, something which I am very eager to keep on doing. However, I want this, i.e., posting mysterious comments about me suggesting I am in any way involved with you or even in contact, to stop.

As for us having had a 'contentious relationship,' you started posting about killing catgirls "from the moon" and harassing another posted with a cat-related avatar over PM, asking her to join forces with you against me. This was over two years ago, and part of why I ultimately quit the forum.

I don't know why you're resuming your trolling, or why I ever became your target in the first place, but I want you to leave me the hell alone and I wish the forum had been more responsive towards your behavior in the first place.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

...Should I delete the stuff? I think I'll delete the stuff. Everyone else involved, please do you part and also delete the stuff.

EDIT: I deleted the stuff.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2016-06-22 at 05:23 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why is it the large lottery wins always goes to some prat who don't know how to deal with the new found fortune and spends it all on booze, cocain and fast cars or boats and end up loosing their home to debt in 5 years, or an childless octogenarian who when interviewed on what to do with this fortune replies along the lines of, well I don't know maybe buy a new leash for the cat...

Why not some hardworking (ok at least working) person like me who could really use a cash injection, and would use it sensibly?
    Errare humanum est
    Live long and Prosper
    May the force be with you

20. - Top - End - #260

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomvid View Post
    Why is it the large lottery wins always goes to some prat who don't know how to deal with the new found fortune and spends it all on booze, cocain and fast cars or boats and end up loosing their home to debt in 5 years, or an childless octogenarian who when interviewed on what to do with this fortune replies along the lines of, well I don't know maybe buy a new leash for the cat...
    Simple answer: it doesn't. There are plenty of examples of reasonably-aged lottery winners who've actually gone on to make something of themselves with the money. You don't get to see so many of those on the media, though, because "pensioner wins fortune" or "wastrel blows entire fortune in 3.5 seconds!" make much better headlines than "Middle-aged guy wins lottery and uses it to start a Subway franchise" or what-have-you.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

While factotum isn't wrong, I think it's also the case that people who are likely to deal with their winnings more sensibly are less likely to play the lottery in the first place. By investing the money that would have gone on lottery tickets they're likely to make a better return than they would gambling on the lottery.

There's also a simple matter of lack of education, related to the above. Most people who win the lottery will have no real experience of dealing with large sums of money (because those who do won't play the lottery, or at least won't play it as oftene). The amount of money won seems so huge relative to anything they're used to dealing with that it seems effectively infinite, so they buy all the things they always thought they would have bought if only they had the money - and it's only when they've spent most of it that they realise it was actually finite after all. Without sound and sober financial advice (and who wants to get or listen to that when you've just won the lottery?!) it's surprisingly easy to blow a lot of money without really meaning to.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2016-06-23 at 06:40 AM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Taken last night at a bit past 9PM. No filters, no alterations.
    Spoiler
    Show
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #263

Taken last night at a bit past 9PM. No filters, no alterations.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's a really cool picture!

24. - Top - End - #264

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    By investing the money that would have gone on lottery tickets they're likely to make a better return than they would gambling on the lottery.
    That's true, but with the Lottery you have the attractive factor that "invest a couple of quid a week and you could win millions!", whereas you're not going to get millions by investing £2 a week in any reasonable investment scheme...unless you keep it running for ten thousand years or so, of course.

This is the same reason that endowment mortgages were so popular 20 years ago. Yes, the repayment mortgage was probably a better investment if you looked at it in a cold, hard light, but most people just looked at the endowment and saw "Repayments are lower!" and signed on the dotted line with nary a thought. It was only later, as the endowment companies realised that their predicted 7.5% returns were just not reasonably achievable, that the repayments increased and suddenly endowments didn't look so good anymore.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    That's true, but with the Lottery you have the attractive factor that "invest a couple of quid a week and you could win millions!", whereas you're not going to get millions by investing £2 a week in any reasonable investment scheme...unless you keep it running for ten thousand years or so, of course.
    Well this is pretty much why the lottery disproportionately appeals to those of lower financial acumen. The highly unlikely prospect of a big win makes it more attractive than safer but less sexy investments with a guaranteed (or near-guaranteed) return.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

26. - Top - End - #266

*looks at Aedilred's signature* The BB cup(s?) still going on, or did you move to the joke that is BB 2?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

So, back from the mental eval. Bunch of guys with clipboards all acting snobbish, the stereotypical "who has the PHD? Not you? Ok then."

Long story short: "Who did you piss off? And why are you still alive?" (take that with salt; NY has an attitude problem; it's why I ran to Ohio eventually)

I was told "25% of keeping benefits, because these jerks are beyond the 1% and I may lose my job if not worse if I don't adhere to say what I am told to say on the report."

Quote of the day, one of the questions asked THREE times to me: "Do you masturbate often?" I. s**t. you. not. They asked me that. THREE times. Got asked all manner of questions ranging from elementary school background (the hell?) to college, to intimacy, to money situations, to "what if..." to etc etc etc.

I never want to go through that again. I wouldn't wish this on Hitler, or even Trump or Hillary. I had two friends with me to vouch for character, they were denied entry into the "screening room" and I had to go it alone.

I'd explain a longer story, but I expect I'd be looked at like Roy looking at Belkar after Durkon was bled dry if I did.
    Oh, geez. I'm really sorry you had to go through that. Did you manage to get your disability benefits, at least?
    Edit: Of course you can join, Tailiu... I may actually have it set characters and the chatgoers get picked every game session to put unique spins on things.
    Oo! Let me know when you plan everything out!
    Okay, what the hell.

Enderlord, I have no idea why you're posting about me all of a sudden, given that I have not spoken to you for years, something which I am very eager to keep on doing. However, I want this, i.e., posting mysterious comments about me suggesting I am in any way involved with you or even in contact, to stop.

As for us having had a 'contentious relationship,' you started posting about killing catgirls "from the moon" and harassing another posted with a cat-related avatar over PM, asking her to join forces with you against me. This was over two years ago, and part of why I ultimately quit the forum.

I don't know why you're resuming your trolling, or why I ever became your target in the first place, but I want you to leave me the hell alone and I wish the forum had been more responsive towards your behavior in the first place.
    ...Should I delete the stuff? I think I'll delete the stuff. Everyone else involved, please do you part and also delete the stuff.

EDIT: I deleted the stuff.
    Oo. Okay, not a personality clash, then.

28. - Top - End - #268

I won't know for three weeks. And I expect I won't, because I think the interviewer had his hands tied or made a snap decision when he first met me, so that this "interview" was less interview and more "Your PAPERS, please."

If I lose my benefits I will full on freak out. I cannot deal with society in person, that's why my caseworker in NY fought so hard for me to get them in the first place.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

*looks at Aedilred's signature* The BB cup(s?) still going on, or did you move to the joke that is BB 2?
    The Cup continued with the original BB computer game. I'm not sure why we didn't switch, because I have no idea what the deal is with BB2, but I imagine that unavailability of teams and Crow's ownership of the game played a part. Also we'd spent six years getting to grips with (and tweaking) the BB1 AI, so starting that from scratch with BB2 probably wasn't a great idea even if theoretically possible.

The cup has now concluded, as of last week. There won't be any more regular seasons, at least not run by Crow, but there might be shorter competitions in future.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

30. - Top - End - #270

So apparently the UK is leaving the EU. I'm an ignorant american that doesn't pay attention to world politics, so I have no idea what this means for the world at large.