Results 1 to 4 of 4
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
The Juicer (3.5 Homebrew Contest Winner) [PEACH]Juicer
"Life Fast, Die young"-Juicer Motto
Poisons make deadly weapons, but with dedication and a willingness to sacrifice everthing, they can become a powerful tool beyond that.
Adventures: Adventuring is what a juicer has to do. The process of becoming a juicer precludes you from having anything resembling a normal life.
Characteristics: Juicers are maniacs in combat, taking poisons to enhance their abilities in combat. They can also fulfill a support role with mental poisons, making them versatile for any situation.
Alignment: Juicers tend to not have the patience or time to spare for laws, so they are almost exclusively chaotic. They have no inkling towards good or evil, but tend toward extremes.
Religion: Worship is time consuming and wasteful. Even so, juicers revere gods of hedonism, luck, and freedom. Olidammara is a favorite
Background: The process of becoming a juicer is painful, horrifying, and comes at a great cost to your lifespan. Only those with nothing to lose undergo the procedure. Some unscrupulous warlords have been known to create juicers en masse as shock troopers for their armies, but such conscripted troops seldom work out in the long run.
Races: Humans are the most common Juicers, as long lived races like elves don't often sacrifice so much, while short lived races like Thri-Kreen have precious little time as is. An interesting exception are Dwarves who have been shamed by their clans that seek out the procedure to ensure they die honorably
Other Classes: Juicers tend to compete with fighters and barbarians, although if the latter lose out they see the juicers as cheating. Juicers do not have the patience for wizards and clerics, all that time resting an preparing is valuable hours that could be spent acting. Juicers get on the best with Sorcerers, Rogues, and Bards for their energy and free spirits.
Role: The juicer is primarily a fighting class that can take up the role of a tank, damage dealer, or evader depending on the poison he juices with. If the juicer takes a memtal drug he can take the backup role of a skill user or blaster.
Adaptation: While the juicer's abilities are derived from scientific experimentation, the DM may decide that the Juicer gains his abilities from a pact with a god of poisons or venomous creatures. Such juicers may be Drow who have wronged their matriarch and forced into a short soldiers life.
GAME RULE INFORMATION
CLASS NAME's have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Constitution and Strength are at the core of this character's abilities.
Hit Die: d12
Starting Age: As Sorcerer. When you first take this class, your maximum age reduces by 80% to a minimum of 5 years past when you first take this class, and a maximum of the next age category.
Starting Gold: As Fighter
The Juicer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb(Str), Craft(Int), Escape Artist(Dex), Handle Animal(Cha), Heal(Wis), Hide(Dex), Intimidate(Cha), Jump(Str), Listen(Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Profession, Search, Spot, Survival, and Tumble
Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier
Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special 1st+1+2+2+0 Juice(1/day), High Strung 2nd+2+3+3+0 Uncanny Dodge 3rd+3+3+3+1 Poison Resistance (+4) 4th+4+4+4+1 Juice(2/day), Break Bad (Time) 5th+5+4+4+1 Minor Side Effects 6th+6/+1+5+5+2 Improved Uncanny Dodge 7th+7/+2+5+5+2 Poison Reistance (+6) 8th+8/+3+6+6+2 Juice(3/day) 9th+9/+4+6+6+3 Break Bad (Cost), Expel Poison 10th+10/+5+7+7+3 Major Side Effects 11th+11/+6/+1+7+7+3 Poison Resistance (Immunity) 12th+12/+7/+2+8+8+4 Juice(4/day) 13th+13/+8/+3+8+8+4 Improved Juicing 14th+14/+9/+4+9+9+4 Break Bad (Cocktail) 15th+15/+10/+5+9+9+5 Acute Side Effects 16th+16/+11/+6/+1+10+10+5 Juice(5/day) 17th+17/+12/+7/+2+10+10+5 Non-Stop Party 18th+18/+13/+8/+3+11+11+6 Automatic Dodge 19th+19/+14/+9/+4+11+11+6 Break Bad(Potency) 20th+20/+15/+10/+5+12+12+6 Juice(6/day), Full Time Juice
All of the following are class features of the Juicer.
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Proficient with all martial and simple weapons, light and medium armor, and with shields (except tower shields)
Juice(Ex): Through intense control of his body, a juicer can turn the poison running through his veins into a surge of power. Once per day, if a juicer would become poisoned, he instead gains an Alchemeical bonus to that ability score for 10 rounds equal to the amount of ability damage he would have taken. Then he repeats the process for the secondary damage. After the secondary damage wears off, he is fatigued for one minute or until he uses this ability again. A juicer still takes any drawbacks from the poison other than damage, such as unconsciousness or ability drain. If a juicer must poison himself, he must take the poison as its delivery method (Swallow an ingested poison, Breathe an inhaled poison, deal himself 1 point of damage for an injury poison). At fourth level and every four levels thereafter he may use this ability an additional time per day.
High Strung(Ex): A Juicer's metabolism, immune system, and adrenal system are constantly in overdrive. The juicer cannot sleep, and suffers no penalties for not sleeping. He also gains Improved Initiative and Alertness as a bonus feats. However, since his body is essentially being overclocked, he needs to eat twice as much as normal for his race, but typically won't feel satisfied until he has eaten four times as normal.
Uncanny Dodge(Ex): At 2nd level, a juicer retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker.
Poison Resistance(Ex): At 3rd level, a juicer's use of poisons has made his body resistant to the debilitating effects of poisons when not juicing, he gains a +4 bonus on fortitude saves against poison. At 7th level this bonus increases to +6, at 11th level he gains total immunity to poisons when not juicing.
Break Bad(Ex): Juicer becomes more skilled at crafting his own poisons as he grows in level. At 4th level crafting poisons takes half as much time as it normally does. At 9th level, you only need to spend half as much on crafting materials for poisons as you normally would. At 14th level you may combine two poisons with the same delivery method and different ability damage types into a single poison. At 19th level increase the die size of all poisons crafted by 1.
Minor Side Effects(Ex): After 5th level when a juicer uses his Juice ability and gains an alchmeical bonus to an ability score, he gains the secondary effects below baised on the bonus. The effect ends when his juicing ends. If the poison gives him a bonus to multiple ability scores he gains both effects
- Strength - The Juicer gains the Powerful Build attribute. If the weapon he wields is his base size, it is treated as once size larger for the duration of the Juice.
- Dexterity - If the Juicer would make a reflex save for half damage, he takes no damage on a successful save instead. On a failed save he only takes half damage
- Constitution - The Juicer does not fall unconscious and may act as normal when at negative hit points and automatically stabilizes. For every two juicer levels, he may survive 1 hit point past -9. If the Juice ends and he is at -10 or less, he immediately dies.
- Intelligence - The Juicer gains a +2 competence bonus to each skill that he has ranks in. This bonus increases by +1 at level eight and an additional +1 for every four levels after that.
- Wisdom - The Juicer gains a +4 insight bonus to spot, listen, and search checks. The Juicer also gains the Trapfinding class feature as a rogue of equal level, and automatically searches for secret doors when passing within 5 feet of one as an Elf.
- Charisma - The Juicer gains a bonus on all saving throws equal to his charisma modifier
Improved Uncanny Dodge(Ex): At 6th level, a juicer can no longer be flanked. This defense denies a rogue the ability to sneak attack the barbarian by flanking him, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target has juicer levels. If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum level a rogue must be to flank the character.
Expel Poison(Su):At 9th level, a juicer can violently expel the poison he is currently juicing with and poison others. The bonuses end exactly the same as if the duration of his juicing were to expire. The saving throw for the expelled poison is either the poison's base save or 10+1/2 Juicer level+Con modifier, whichever is higher. The exact effect depends on the delivery method of the poison
- Ingested - When the juicer is damaged by a bite attack, he may, as an immediate action, expel the poison into whatever bit him.
- Injury - As a full round action, he may coat a piercing or slashing weapon with his blood, dealing one point of damage to himself and poisoning the weapon as normal with no chance of failure
- Inhaled - As a standard action he may breath a cloud of the poison in his system in a 30ft cone
- Contact - As a standard action he may draw the poison into his mouth and deliver it with a spit as a ranged touch weapon attack with a range increment of 10ft
Major Side Effects(Ex or Su): at 10th level, the Juicer gains additional abilities when he juices an particular ability score. These abilities are in addition to his minor side effects and last for as long as he has the alchemeical bonus to that ability score
- Strength (Ex) - The juicer's melee attacks ignore all damage reduction and hardness
- Dexterity (Ex) - The Juicer gains the benefits of the weapon finesse feat. In addition, when the juicer makes an attack with a light melee or a ranged weapon, he may add his dexterity bonus to damage instead of strength.
- Constitution (Ex) - The juicer gains immunity to Paralysis, stunning, disease, ability drain, energy drain, death effects, and necromancy effects.
- Intelligence (Su) - Once per round as a standard action, the juicer may fire a volley of force missiles as the magic missile spell, except that it is a supernatural ability and he fires a number of missiles equal to his intelligence bonus.
- Wisdom (Su) - The juicer gains a supernatural ability to sense danger and perceive threats. He gains a +4 bonus on initiative checks. In addition, he gains a +1 insight bonus to AC and attack rolls per four Juicer levels
- Charisma (Su) - An opponent attempting to strike the juicer, even with a targeted spell, must make a will save (DC 10+1/2 Juicer Level+Cha). If they succeed they may attack normally and cannot be affected again for the durration of the juice, otherwise they cannot attack and that part of the action is lost. If the juicer makes an attack or casts an offensive spell, the effect ends.
Improved Juicing(Ex): At 13th level the juicer can adjust his metabolism to speed up the rate at which a poison can enhance his body. When the juicer uses his juice ability, he may gain the secondary bonuses one round after taking the poison instead of 10. The bonuses stack with the primary bonus, and last for 10 rounds, overlapping with the duration of the primary. This version of juicing produces a harder strain on the juicer leaving him exhausted instead of fatigued. The exaustion lasts for 1 hour or until he uses his Juice ability again (either ordinary or improved)
Acute Side Effects(Ex, Su, or SP): As with Minor and Major side effects, At 15th level the juicer gains fantastic abilities for as long as he maintains his alchemeical bonus to his ability scores.
- Strength (Ex) - Once per round the juicer may, as a standard action, make a melee weapon attack and add 1d6 damage per juicer level to the damage roll.
- Dexterity (Ex) - The Juicer gains an extra attack at his highest base attack bonus with each weapon he wields.
- Constitution (Ex) - The Juicer gains DR X/- where X is equal to his alchemeical bonus to Constitution
- Intelligence (Sp) - Once during the duration of the Juice, the Juicer can use Chain Lightning as a spell-like ability, with a caster level equal to his Juicer level and using his Intelligence bonus to determine the save DC
- Wisdom (Su) - The juicer gains the ability to see things as they actually are. This functions as the True Seeing spell for the duration of the Juice
- Charisma (Su) - Once during the duration of the Juice, the Juicer can make a creature within 30ft regard him as a friend as the Charm Monster spell. The DC for this ability is 10+1/2 the juicer's level+Charisma modifier and lasts 1 hour per juicer level.
Non-Stop Party(Ex): At 17th level, the Juicer's gotten used to the poison pumping through his body. He no longer becomes fatigued at the end of his Juice and is no longer affected by ability drain and non-damage effects from the poisons he juices with. He still becomes Exhausted at the end of in improved Juice.
Automatic Dodge(Ex): A juicer's awareness of his surroundings gives him an almost supernatural edge in combat, seemingly able to react to attack seconds before they hit. at 18th level, the Juicer gains a +4 dodge bonus to his AC against the first attack against him each round.
Full Time Juice(Ex): At 20th level, the juicer has become one with the poisons in his body. He is constantly benefits from all Minor Side Effects, without needing to Juice.
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
Re: The Juicer (Homebrew Contest Winner) [3.5]New Feats
Benefit: You may use your Juice ability two more times per day than you otherwise could.
Special: You can take this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.
Prerequisite:Juice ability, at least one power point
Benefit: As a standard action, you may Juice with a psychic poison (Book of Vile Darkness). Whenever you Juice with a mental ability score, you automatically gain psionic focus.
Special: if you have the Expel Poison class feature you add the following option:
- Psychic - As a standard action, choose a creature within 30ft. That creature must make a save against the effects of our poison with a will save instead of a fortitude save.
- Join Date
- Oct 2015
Re: The Juicer (Homebrew Contest Winner) [3.5]
Minor Side Effects (Intelligence) gives a +2 bonus to skills you have ranks in, and an additional +1 bonus every four levels, starting at level four, but the ability is acquired at fifth level.
Is it: +2 at fifth, +3 at ninth, +4 at 13th and +5 at 17th
+3 at fifth, +4 at eight, +5 at 12th, +6 at 16th and +7 at 20th?
- Join Date
- Feb 2005