New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt3

With the stress of approaching combat the conversation is slow and desultory and soon enough the lamps are lowered and the guards announce that it is time for all of the guests to depart. Ekaym, Celeste and Eligos don't tarry long. Only Celeste taking Mirriana aside for a more protracted goodbye as she beseeches the cleric to try and stay safe in the battle tomorrow come what may.

The Coenby is very quiet now, with only 3 teams left in the games. The staff, who now outnumber the fighters, are attentive and even if you had wished to investigate the undercity once more the constant staff moving about, cleaning and sorting stuff leaves little opportunity. Although sleep may e hard to find eventually you all manage to settle down and soon enough the morning bell is rung and you can hear the clatter of serving staff preparing breakfast for the remaining teams. An opportunity for all three remaining teams to eye each other up as they sit at different edges of the cavern whilst the thunder of footsteps from above filters down as the 10 thousand strong crowd filters into the great arena. It isn't long till sunrise and you can hear the roar of the crowd as the Skulls or Murq and Auric/Khellek head upstairs for the third time to battle each other, Auric pausing to look at Goat and the rest of you, "Savour today! Either I will be crowned Champion today if the beast eats you or we shall face each tomorrow and see who's sword is stronger!" with a wave from the robed wizard he's cut short by his colleague and with a wink at Zarina and Mirriana turns and bounces upstairs. Clearly the current champion fancies his chances in the arena today!

The noise of the contest filters down and after a few minutes you can hear cheers and shouts but before ou see who has won the guards approach. "Come now, we are heading upstairs via the other way. Talabir has instructed you not see who you may face tomorrow lest you spoil the suspense." Ever suspicious of the guards the man seems straightforward in his honesty and soon enough leads you counterclockwise around the upper level instead of the clockwise direction you normally go. Soon enough you are once more standing on the lift, the sand splattered with blood and a long dead skeltal arm from an undead beast of some kind. The guard looks at you as the heat of the sun and roar of the crowd filters down to you. "You have 3 minutes before you head up. Make what preparations you must as Madtooth is hungry today and will surely feast upon you!"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Merrick

Morning comes quickly for the mage, who wakes to prepare his daily spells. Too often now his area-of-effect spells hurt more than helped, so this day he would focus on defense and enhancing his friends' potency.

He then performs the rites required to bind his will to those of Amon and Buer. He is pleased to feel them bend to his will for once.

"Good morning, my fine friends," he trills after everything is in order. "Time to trounce the Terror of the Tundra, yes?"

As is their daily ritual, Merrick casts greater mighty wallop onto Goat's great club.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

The arena and the coneby feel more and more like a prison to Taliesn. I will be glad when these staged battles are over, and we are not fighting for the amusement of demons. His thoughts are hard to calm as he attempts his morning meditation, "viewing" the threads of incarnum and the different ways they might be woven around him.

The Shedu Crown – that went without saying. Bound to his crown, it was never unshaped, as it became ever more a part of him.

The Landshark Boots. There were other claws, but none worked quite so well. There were fangs, and stingers, and tentacles. What Merrick had said about altering tactics – there was a ring of truth to that – but there was also something to be said for the security of the tried-and-true. The claws, too, were becoming part of who he was.

The Blink Shirt, also tried and true. It would not have been useful in the open arena against the teams they had fought previously, but against a single mighty opponent, where Taliesn might be going claw-to-claw? To many mighty beasts can grab, or constrict, or swallow. (He still remembered how the mimics had ambushed and trapped him.) Sometimes, the solution to a situation was simply not to be "there."

Lifebond Vestments on his arms chakra. He'd never yet performed in-combat healing, but best to be prepared.

Lastly, Astral Vambraces on his hands chakra. Protection.

Now, I feel ready for the unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    history's worst MLP cosplay.
    Custom Class

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Goattracker

The goliath performs his daily rituals after waking up. He prays to the mighty Ram-Lord. The hoots, hollers and yelps can be heard barreling out of his cell. He speaks his native Gol-Kaa.

When morning prayers have completed, the goliath slaps the wizard on the back, "Friend Mer! Your mastery over wallop magic is truly a gift from the Ram-Lord himself! Praise be to Kavaki!"
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

The young woman wakes early to stretch and then mediate over her well thumbed and nearly written book of spells. She looks up at the others, "I hope that this beast isn't too powerful today. I do not enjoy battling for the crowds amusement and I worry about what that priest of Kyuss is up to."

She looks at the others, "The final match is tomorrow, do we dare risk using all of our power against this beast knowing that we may have to venture once more into the maw of the undead this evening?".

As the time draws near she mutters blessings giving herself an infusion of necromantic power.
    Spoiler: False life
    Show

Temp Hps (1d10+7)[15]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rising up, Lan stretched and got dressed, wondering what was in store. Would the worm stop them? Or would it be the necromancer? Either way, it was time to face destiny. As others made preparations, Lan cast a spell of his own, masking his odor; he kept his other in reserve for now. Then he spoke to the others quietly.

"Might we repeat the invisibility and silence spells? Also, something to keep me off the ground might be nice ...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting remove scent. Activating scout's headband (Darkvision). Waiting for the monster.

Status
    HPs: 65; AC: 20
    F +8, R +11, W +6
    Spells: sniper shot, remove scent
    Effects: no scent (39 rounds), Energy Resistance (Cold; 797 rounds); Shield of Faith (+3 AC [deflection]; 78 rounds); Bless (+1att/save vs fear [morale]; 75 rounds);
    Recitation (+3 att/saves/AC [luck]; 8 rounds); Haste (+1 att/Ref save/AC [dodge] +30 move, extra attack w/full; 7 rnds); greater invisbility (5 rnds); Darkvision (1hr)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2016-09-12 at 09:18 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

7. - Top - End - #187

Merrick

After a brief strategy session, Merrick pores over his spellbooks to ready himself for the day.

"This will be a busy day. But we cannot look past the monster we face..."

Readying spells for the team, he also brings his enlarge wand close to hand.

I will make you invisible, Lan. But let us hold off on illusions until we know what we face. Those who would do us harm will likely make provisions against our previous tactics.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

In the dim light of the under arena Zarina begins to enscroll herself and the others. Her form changes once more to a sleek silver scaled dragon giving the hint fo supple scales aruond her neck and shoulders. She nods and motions to Talsien as she summons a field of armour around him and then summons a glimmering oval of force that hovers in front of the young woman. She shivers as the elavator lifts you all upwards into the bright light of the arena! The stadium is packed to the rafters, huge swathes of the audience chanting your name as on the far side of the arena a heavy looking wagon with armoured walls and and a massive gate on the front is pulled in by 30 struggling guards. 4 more riding atop the wagon with massive hammers to knock the bolts off the front of the wagon and open the gates.

Talabir stands once more in the noble enclosure. THis time Raknian is back, his rough looking face tired and haggard but staring with thinly concealed dislike and something that looks like smug savage glee on his face. As the crowds begin to chant Talabir does his normal introductions as you ready to face whatever comes out the of wagon!

Spoiler: Zarina Spells
    Show

4th: Polymorph, greater Invis, wall of fire
    3rd: Dragonskin, fireball, Displacement, Haste
    2nd: Scorching Ray, mirror image, Heroics x 2, false life
    1st: Protec from Evil, shield x2, karmic aura, burning hands, truestrike, mage armour

Thinking mage armour for Tal (lasts 7 hours)
    Dragonskin (Cold 10) lasts 70 minute for Zarina
    Grater Invis: Lan 5 rounds
    Heroics: a feat for Mirrian And GOAT!
    Displacement: 6 rounds - Tal
    Haste all round! - 7 rounds
    Shield 14 minutes - Zar
    Bulls strength wand - 3 minutes Z

Init (1d20+2)[16]

As the gong is readied to be stuck Zarina finishes the last incantation, the entire party shimmering with hasted magic as time seems to slow down! The gong is struck and the 4 men atop the wagon swing their mallets and......

please post you "entry to the arena" and all actions and spells before the gong rings. Plus an initiative
    Last edited by DrK; 2016-09-14 at 12:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189

Merrick

With a brief - and rare - prayer to Zilchus, Merrick enlarges Tal, Goat and Mirriana. He then casts displacement on Goattracker, and invisibility onto Taliesn.

The breath of Amon is ready.

Spoiler: Spells
    Show
    Enlarge Person wand = 5 minutes
    Invisibility = 8 minutes
    Displacement = 8 minutes
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2016-09-11 at 05:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

Taliesn simply stands there, relishing the magical attentions of his teammates (and passing along the occasional telepathic communication). As the others cast there spells, he reaches his mind out to its limits to see what, if anything, he can learn. The arena is so large, the beast is probably out of range, but it still may be worth the effort.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DrK said, "Initiatives," people!
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[16]

Buffs, so far:
    Invisibility
    Displacement
    Enlarge Person
    Mage Armor Armour

Haste

Essentia is currently all in Landshark Boots
    Custom Class

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"Stay close," I remind the others as we make our final preparations. "Within 10ft if you want me to spot openings for you, or 45ft for protection against massive damage."

Spoiler
    Show

All get:
    Mass Resist Energy, Energy Resist 20 (cold) 797 rounds
    Mass Shield of Faith, +3 deflection to AC, 78 rounds
    Bless, +1 morale to attacks, saves vs fear, 75 rounds
    Recitation, +2/+3 luck to attacks, saves, AC, 8 rounds

Mirriana gets
    Bear's Endurance 76 rounds
    Divine Favor 9 rounds
    Enlarge Person From Merrick, 50 rounds
    Haste from Zarina, 7 rounds
    Heroics from Zarina [WRT]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

The gong is struck and the 4 men atop the wagon swing their mallets and...... Nothing the door doesn't budge. You can hear over the amused cat calling and booing of the crowd the vague curses of the guards.

"Come on man, give it some heft" booms Raknian from the box, a smug look on his face as he watches the 3 guards hammering at the door. Talabir looking on with some concern.

As a full minute rolls by, the wait for the heroes time slows down as the haste wears off, Talsien and Goat stop vibrating, Lan reappears from his invisible shroud and the favour of Mystara fades from her sword. Talabir seeing magical effects ending rises to his feet but at an almost imperceptible nod from Raknian the guard strikes once more and the door slides open!

With a BOOM of splintered wood the door flies open, a long tentacle grabbing a fleeing guard and a scream - matched by the crowds cheer- as the guard is dragged into a toothy maw as a weird tentacled frog monster leaps free. The beast is massive, it's huge bulk some 20ft long, massing several tons! The crowd explode into cheers and a chant of MADTOOTH, MADTOOTH, MADTOOTH breaks out.

Please reduce all spell durations by 18 rounds. Then begin. All bar Merrick go before the beast. It's 200ft away.
    Last edited by DrK; 2016-09-14 at 12:44 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Goattracker

The goliath rolls his eyes as he watches the time on many of his spells expire. "This is unfair!" When the gate - FINALLY - opens, the cleric bounds forward at full speed!

Show
    Run forward 120 feet directly towards the enemy.

Next turn: Smite Rage because fudge this cheating git wizard and his dumb abomination!
    DMing:

14. - Top - End - #194

Merrick

Seeing the beast, Raknian's satisfaction and the look of compliance on Talabir's face confirms all of Merrick's suspicions.

So much for a wealthy patron. Oh well.

With a wan smile, Merrick wags an admonishing finger at Talabir and Raknian. He then pantomimes the universal "I am onto you" temple touch, continuing his cheery smile.

Spoiler: Take that!
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+6)[24] What does he know? Who knows?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

With all the build up and the excitement of the night before and this morning, Taliesn is decidedly unimpressed when the wagon opens to reveal –

– a frog.

It's a frog.

An ugly, malformed, very, very big frog, but still just a frog.

I think Raknian got cheated.

Still invisible to the crowd, he lopes after GoatTracker. Don't get too far ahead, friend GoatTracker: the wolf pack is stronger when it works together.

Let's let friend Lan deflate its bulk with his arrows, first.

I think the legs will be good eating: lots of meat!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll match GoatT's 120', though it doesn't require a run for me. I'll be about 20' to one side. Even while invisible, I'm not interested in making it easy for both of us to be hit by any area effect it might have, and this is a good prelude to attacking the thing from different sides, just like a good wolf pack.

Buffs I still enjoy.
    Invisibility
    Enlarge Person
    Mage Armour
    Mass Resist Energy (Cold)
    Mass Shield of Faith
    Bless

All of these are far longer than any combat is likely to take.
    Custom Class

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

I wince slightly. This is surely going to hurt. "Merrick! Prepare the wand of transposition! If it grabs any of us, swap us for Tal! He can at least blink out of its stomach..."

I do my best to keep up with Goattracker, though I can only run 90ft in this armour...

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina staggers as the magical quickening fades along with a host of other enhancements. She glares up at the smug Raknain and looks at her fellows shaking her head. "We have been tricked, fire will not work the beast. Its a Forghemoth. Ware its tentacles and teeth as it will try and grab us. But we'll have to deal with it the old fashioned way. With steel", even as she speaks the goliath sprints off so she joins him, racing forward with Mirriana and Goat keeping pace with both of them.

Spoiler: Zarina
    Show

Run action 100ft to be just behind the mighty goliath

Madtooth!

THe giant Frogehemoth has no subtlety. Its lets loose a terrifying croak, fragments of the too slow to move guard being sprayed onto the sand as its hops forward with a series of massive hops, albeit slowly! Closing rapidly on the goliath...

Spoiler: Madtooth
    Show

"Runs" forwards closing to 40ft from Goat and Talsien (60ft from Zarina and 70ft from Mirriana)

Post round 2 when ready and I'll do slot Merrick and Lan's action in before the rest of you.

18. - Top - End - #198

Merrick grabs his benign Transposition wand and readies it in case of an emergency space hop.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn
    Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "Merrick! Prepare the wand of transposition! If it grabs any of us, swap us for Tal! He can at least blink out of its stomach..."
    "Thoughts" of laughter leak through the telepathic network.

HaHaHaHaHa! I like that plan: blinking would be one way to get out of the frog's stomach. I can think of another– Taliesn flexes his four long claws, imagining what he could do to the insides of the creature, if it should be so foolish.

GoatTracker, I shall try to draw its attack, while you land the first blow! Muscles bunch, and Taliesn leaps at the frog-thing, claws splayed . . .
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: JUMP!

You just know what's coming next, don't you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nope. Fooled you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: shift two essentia into Astral Vambraces, now DR 6/magic
    Standard action: Ready action to blink back 10' upon triggering an AoO – I'm not sure exactly how this works, but the goal is to make sure the Froghemoth loses its AoO. If that means Taliesn has to let the attack hit, so be it; if he can blink away and avoid the attack altogether, he'll do that, so long as the thing cannot then use that AoO against someone else.
    Spoiler: reasoning
    Show
    I'm thinking: (1) Huge creature, has at least 15' reach, so getting within attack range without triggering an AoO seems unlikely; (2) tentacles, and frog-like (doubtless with tongue?): this thing has "grabber" written all over it, so whoever triggers that AoO is going to get grabbed and may not even get their attack.

Sorry to admit it, but I think GoatT does more damage than Taliesn, on average. I also think Taliesn has the higher AC and is better able to recover from attacks, thanks to fast healing.

With a charge, Zarina might be able to cover the AoO range this round, too.
    Last edited by Stegyre; 2016-09-18 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added missing spoiler tag
    Custom Class

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

With the spells gone, Lan growled in frustration. He commented darkly, via the though link if up or aloud, "Curious - is there a barrier to protect the crowd? I'd hate to accidentally shoot those bastiches ..."

Shaking off the disappointment, he moved to follow his companions ... but something was bothering him. Was this the only trick? The giant frog looked tough, but it still was dig have - especially for this group. Was this all to waste a few resources? Or was it also to keep them focused on the wrong thing. Sighing, again in frustration, he wondered if there was more to this than they could see ...

Show
    cast sniper shot (swift), run forward 120' at a diagonal to avoid AoEs (full)

Status
    HPs: 65; AC: 20
    F +8, R +11, W +6
    Effects: no scent (21 rounds), Energy Resistance (Cold; 779 rounds); Shield of Faith (+3 AC [deflection]; 60 rounds); Bless (+1att/save vs fear [morale]; 57 rounds); Darkvision (1hr)

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Goattracker

The goliath roars, "KAVAKI!" The hulking man's muscles engorge themselves while a thick foam develops around his mouth! "KA-VA-KI! KA-VA-KI! KA-VA-KI! KA-VA-KI! KA-VA-KI!" The cleric barrels forward with all his might, bringing Skullfinder to bare with the ferocity of an enraged bull!

Spoiler
    Show
    Putting all the eggs into one big attack!

+16 to hit normally
    +1 for Enlarge Person
    +2 for Rage
    +2 for Charge
    +3 for Strength Domain

To Hit: (1d20+24)[34]

2d8 to damage normally.
    +1d8 for Enlarge
    +1d8 for Wallop
    +8 for Smite

+5 strength damage normally
    +2 for Rage
    +3 for Strength
    +1 for Enlarge
    +5 for 2 handed weapon

Damage: (4d8+24)[45]

DMing:

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"I know how you feel Lan," I sympathise, "but if you did that we'd be disqualified and must likely dealt with summarily."

I rush in after Taliesn and Goattracker! I slash heavily at the beast, and then direct Goattracker to strike again in the opening I've made!

Spoiler
    Show
    Move 60ft (10ft reach)
    Charge
    Attack (1d20+14)[22] +2
    Damage (4d6+5)[13] 10

WRT goat to go again
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2016-09-22 at 08:33 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Uncertain how this would pan out, Lan called upon his holy ability to move swiftly and moved around to keep the beast at 60' distant (keeping his larger companions in between himself and the beast). Then with a grim look, he fired off three shots rapidly, each streaking toward the beast with murderous fury, powered by his spell ...

Show
    Swift action to activate travel domain. Under the effects of sniper shot for this round, so no point blank, but still get to skirmish. Free move action to stay 30' away, Full action to attack beasty!

Attack 1 - (1d20+12)[20], Damage - (1d6+1)[5], Skirmish - (4d6)[18] = 23
    Attack 2 - (1d20+7)[12], Damage - (1d6+1)[6], Skirmish - (4d6)[13] = 19
    Rapid Shot Attack - (1d20+12)[18], Damage - (1d6+1)[6], Skirmish - (4d6)[12] = 18

Probably 3 misses ... sigh ...

Status
    HPs: 65; AC: 27
    F +8, R +11, W +6
    Effects: no scent (21 rounds), Energy Resistance (Cold; 779 rounds); Shield of Faith (+3 AC [deflection]; 60 rounds); Bless (+1att/save vs fear [morale]; 57 rounds); Darkvision (1hr); Travel devotion (gain 1 move action as swift per round; 9 rnds); improved skirmish (+4d6 dam, +4 AC, 1 rnd)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2016-09-23 at 03:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Goat

The goliath may be foaming at the mouth but a semblance of his normal self remains. He sees the opening made by Mir and bursts forward, slamming Skullfinder straight into the beast!

Spoiler
    Show

+16 to hit normally
    +1 for Enlarge Person
    +2 for Rage

To Hit: (1d20+19)[21]

2d8 to damage normally.
    +1d8 for Enlarge
    +1d8 for Wallop
    +8 for Smite

+5 strength damage normally
    +2 for Rage
    +1 for Enlarge
    +5 for 2 handed weapon

Damage: (4d8+21)[39]
    DMing:

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Chaos breaks out as Talsien races forward, the tentacles lashing out with punishing force to .... Hit nothing! A pop of displaced air is all it encounters as Talsien shifts backwards with his Blink shirt glowing.

Distracted by the shifter in charge Mirriana and Goat, a shout from the warrioress allowing the Goliath another blow! Twice the great club lands on the things arms and bulbous face with bonecrushing force as Mirriana slices into the rubbery flesh.
    Seeing the others engaged Zarina joins in the charge, full blade swinging hard as she sends transmutation energy into her form.

Show

Swift: minor shift +2 dam 4 rounds
    Charge and chop
    (1d20+15)[26]
    10+2 charge +1 bless +2 bull Str +5 know dev -5 PA

Dam (2d8+30)[42]
    5 base +2 minor shift +3 bulls +5 lead charge +10 PA +5 know dev

Even as swords and clubs hammer home with horrific force arrows stream over the heads of the two giant clerics and Zarina. Sadly they imbed in its flesh unable to penetrate

26. - Top - End - #206

Merrick

Wand still at the ready, Merrick exhorts the crowd to his team's cause.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

The froghemoth tricked by the shifter quivers under the brutal onslaught as Goat lands a pair of massive blows and Zarina and Mirriana follow up slicing deep into its muscled chest.

It rears up,tentacles lashing, tongue dashing out like a spear a teeth closingn on the small woman (Zarina)

Spoiler: Froghemoth
    Show

Ouch! 136 damage!

Tentacle slap Goat (1d20+26)[34] dam (2d6+12)[19]
    Tentacle slap Goat (1d20+26)[40] dam (2d6+12)[17]
    -- multi grab on first hit (1d20+25)[42] vs Goat (1d20)[5]+???
    -- if win constrict (2d6+12)[19]

Tentacle slap Mir (1d20+26)[40] dam (2d6+12)[19]
    Tentacle slap Mir (1d20+26)[36] dam (2d6+12)[21]
    -- multi grab on first hit (1d20+25)[37] vs Goat (1d20)[6]+???
    -- if win constrict (2d6+12)[20]

Bite Zarina (1d20+24)[32] dam (2d6+18)[23]
    Tongue (1d20+24)[44] dam (1d8+6)[9] confirmed 22 damage
    - tongue grab multi grab on first hit (1d20+25)[28] vs Zarina (1d20+11)[22]
    - when lose construct (1d8+6)[14]

- ah, 59 damage! She's down to ~17 and false lfe well and truly blown away!

The beast is devastating! Smashing left and right it's massive tentacles as it batters Mirriana and Goat bloody, lifting both into the air with bone crushing tentacles. Zarina is bitten brutally on the shoulder before the tongue jets out skewering her and dragging her screaming into its mouth!

At the chaos the crowd are upnon their feet whooping with cries of "Madtooth, Madtooth, Madtooth!!" as the parties blood sprays over the sands.
    Last edited by DrK; 2016-09-24 at 12:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Merrick

With a flick of the wrist, Zarina and Taliesn swap places via the wand of transposition.

"Rend the beast, Tal! Make it regret even having an appetite!"

Clomping along on Buer's hooves, Merrick moves close to the wounded warrior witch.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2016-09-24 at 12:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

The young woman staggers as she appears beside the beast, blood leaking from her from the tongue, only Mirriana's skills keeping the teeth off her head!

Seeing the brutal horror being vistited on her allies she activates her wand, only a few charges left but her sword becomes mistlike as she chops down hard twice.

Show

PA 5
    Swift: wraithstrike wand
    Full attack
    (1d20+13)[33] touch (2d8+35)[46]
    (1d20+8)[17] touch (2d8+35)[49]

30. - Top - End - #210

Merrick

With metamagic rod in hand, Merrick channels all of Amon's rage into a ball of electrical energies. Leveling his aim, Merrick launches to orb at Madtooth.

Spoiler: Lesser Orb of Electricity
    Show
    (1d20+4)[12] +1 bless = 13 ranged touch
    Maximize Vestige Metamagic + Empower Metamagic Rod = 4d8 (32) * 1.5 = 48

And...
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2016-09-25 at 01:44 PM.