Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Dark Beach

A few thousand years ago, Doctor Jones might have felt sorry for this child of his. However, now he was immortal, and amoral. No means now makes an end wrong. Two wrongs, heck make it three wrongs, definitely make a right for him. The sword fits neatly in Doctor Jones's hands. He'll have to make a scabbard for it.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-10-23 at 06:17 PM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Orc in the Playground

Dark Beach

Doctor Jones pulls the cutlass free! Now he owns it, he knows several rather interesting things about it. First, he owns the cutlass, and will continue to own it until somebody else clasps their hand around its hilt. Two, so long as he owns the sword- he doesn't have to hold it, nor even be carrying the weapon, he knows the value of anything he looks at, and where to sell it for most profit, and he can breathe underwater as well. Three, if he brandishes the cutlass over his head, large deposits of gold will appear to glow in his vision.

Four, the cutlass is a gift, and something is watching the Doctor and his use of the weapon. If they feel it is misused, it will be reclaimed.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark Beach

Doctor Jones is already holding the sword over his head, looking for any nearby gold deposits.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Orc in the Playground

Dark Beach

No large deposits in the sword's range, but there are a few gold coins hidden in a false door within the peg-leg lying in the bottom of the boat. The flask is otherwise the most valuable thing amongst that detritus. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the scene's over.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Goblin Ship]

The Factor shrugs.

"More like they don't like us. But they won't bother us. It's a normal port in any respect."
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Goblin Ship

"Ah, yes. A veritable hive of scum and villainy too I presume?"
    TTN asks, actually sounding amused over something for once despite her usually monotonous tone. "Please, take us there and we shall see what fate has in store for us."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Goblin Ship]

Will nods, moving over to TTN and leaning against her metal frame. With her protecting him, he has the utmost confidence in their odds. He'll probably stay there a bit, amass some money until he can take his pick somewhere else.
    [Goblin Ship]

As normal as goblin ports go at the very least. Awashimora isle is one of the busiest ports on Ithki-Ithki and the goblin presence is obvious even in the sky as the clouds are actually spelling out something out.

DRINK PYRELL

JOMONAS SHIP SERVICE

IZU FOR PRESIDENT

It is also heavily trafficked with ships and boats having to move at snail pace not to crash into one another as they approach and leave the port city. The goblins even pass a cliff where what appears to be a two shell-clad goblin-mermaids, one male and one female. The female one is even waving seductively at them. She then pouts and informs them in a alluring melodic voice that, "The best action in the city is at the Unknown Depths, see you there sailors~"

Her voice seems to carry all across the boat despite her not raising it above a conversational level, and in addition it seems to echo in your head a few moments. The two mermaids do seem to attract a lot of attention from the nearby ships, some even driving closer than they need to to the cliff.

The city itself can easily be seen from a distance thanks to the silhouettes of skyscrapers making out themselves at the skyline. Soon enough, the giant billboards sticking out from them can also be seen. At a closer look the city appears to be bathing in neon lights, pink, teal, green, blue, red, all in sharp contrast with the natural light of the sun setting just at the horizon behind it.

Just simply dropping two passengers off might not be easy as they might have thought however. Anyone with some kind of radio will hear the following as they get closer. "This is Awashimora port control hailing the steam ship approaching the port. Can you hear me? Over."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-01 at 03:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

"This is steam ship from Grizzbar Colony, on our way back home. We're dropping off some passengers," the goblins' radio operator responds.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #997

[Goblin Ship]

"How many passengers? Since if they aren't that many, I suggest taking them into the city on a lifeboat or something. The port is pretty busy right now so if you want to perform a unscheduled docking of a ship that size, you will have to wait. Can't say for sure how long, but at least an hour or two." The operator replies.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

The goblins discuss it. Bicker for a bit, not because there's much disagreement on that score, but because it's just what goblins do. Eventually, the radio operator responds:

"There's only two of them, so we'll send in a lifeboat."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #999

[Goblin Ship]

"Alright, just take the boat to port seven B then, please. You'll see the giant signs, you can't miss it." The operator replies. "Have a pleasant evening." The connection is cut.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

After some grumbling, a pilot is sent to Will an TTN.

"I'm going to have to take you there by boat. The port is too crowded," she says. "I guess it's for the best. They would have plastered our ship with advertisements the moment we looked the other way."

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin Ship

If TTN could blink in amazement and confusion at the radio waves she'd been picking up, she would. As it is, she kinda just...sits there to listen to it all. She hadn't had high hopes that the primitive creatures would have such advanced means of communication but this certainly changed things. Perhaps she could even manage to upgrade some of their technology and use it to try and send a signal to Command...

Her internal thoughts are broken when the pilot comes to her and Will, and she gives a small nod. "A reasonable course of action." She states before gathering her gear and following along as guided.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

Will nods, not bothered by the inconvenience. Though he hopes their boats can handle TTN's weight.
    "Sure. Let's go right away."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

The goblin pilot leads them to a boat, which is then lowered into the sea and takes off towards the port. It seems to dip a little under TTN's weight, but swims fine.

14. - Top - End - #1004

[Goblin Ship]

As it was claimed over the radio, there are big signs showing the way to dock where they are supposed to go. It is a small ferry wharf sticking out from the main harbor with concrete steps leading down to the water. There are two short green goblins waiting for them there in what appears to be a tool booth. One in a black uniform and the other in a more casual white buttoned-up shirt.

The two appear immediately alerted by the boats presence and straighten up in their seats, pushing away the coffee mug and empty paper plate that was standing on the tabletop. They exchange worried glances once the boat comes closer though, that's not the kind of guests they had been expecting.

Once the two gets off though, the white-shirted goblin seem to fall into a routine and hands them both pen and paper. "Please fill in these forms and show your identification. Do you have anything to declare?" He asks while taking out yet another form. There seem to be a whole pile of them there....

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

[Itiki Wharf]

Will quickly steps in, holding up his ID from his time at the Spire. Heíll have to use his real name, but thatís the least of his problems if he canít get TTN through customs. Somehow he thought for a second this would be like Skyside and no one would ask any questions.
    ĒDefine Declare. Sheís a Nexus newbie, she has no paperwork.Ē he says, jabbing a thumb at TTN while he starts filling out paperwork. His handwriting is terrible, but better than if he was still stuck with his left hand. This feels so good.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Itiki Wharf

Contrary to Will's statement, TTN actually produces some identification in the form of stainless steel dogtags from a compartment within her chestplate. It has her full name and model type. "I have many different integrated weapons built as part of my being that cannot be removed, but I have many others in this bag." The giant robot says without much in the way of hesitation or emotion as she lifts up her giant duffel bag and offers it to the customs officer.

17. - Top - End - #1007

Itiki Wharf

The goblin raises an eyebrow at Will. "So you're from the continent I'm guessing." He remarks as he eyes the humans identification. "Don't think many people around here even know what the 'nexus' is. But I'm asking if you are taking in weapons, seeds, drugs, magic, or other sensitive products. Since we need to know." He clarifies.

The other goblin approaches TTN and looks up at the robot, soon finding himself nodding slowly as the robot puts the bag on the desk. "O-of course. I'll call security and they will have you cleared in less than an hour. We might also need to keep a tracker on you due to your nature. But that how we treat all weapon-graded mechanicals within the city."

"Yes, we're very sorry for the inconvenience." The first goblin says as he hands out two brochures that contains information regarding the rules of customs on the island. There are also some adds and the cute picture of Awashimora's mascot Pegu, the pirate squid.

Apparently, all form of magical items has to be declared, including advanced technology with empathize on all kinds weapons, including such things as knives and sword. Alien specimens are also considered something that should be declared as like Pegu says, "Don't introduce alien lifeforms to a fragile echosystem! ___<O_v>___"

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

[Itiki Wharf]

Will nods. Even though itís a lie. He doesnít want anyone tracking him back to Skyside.
    He also drops the pistol TTN gave him that he really doesnít need anymore.
    ĒItís fine. Itíll give us time to talk. Iím going to need to find a job so Iíll need advice. My bag is just clothes and knickknacks.Ē
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-11-30 at 04:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

Itiki Wharf

TTN simply gives a small nod and begins filling her part of the paperwork. She'll give a full list of the type of weaponry she has on her, giving up as much as she can. She still has quite a bit of automated weaponry within her, so when she's eventually given a tracker, she'll allow them to place it upon her without any objections. She'll peruse the tourism brochures while she's at it as well, looking for a cheap but reliable place to stay as she tries to work out how to make money for Will.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

[Sick Seagull]

Wenomir will be waiting there for Ambrosia and Ilpholin, unless either or both arrived before him.

21. - Top - End - #1011

[Goblin City]

After a while going through customs, the two are finally let through and are let into the city proper, or at least the dock district of it.
    The streets are wide and seem to have been made for vehicles but the few taxis which they can see have to force their way through the scores of people that swarms the streets. Just as it appeared from a distance, most of the city seems to bath in neon lights proclaiming the presence of various shops, zoos, brothels, theaters, museums, stadiums, restaurants and clubs.

But there the signs are also pointing out places that usually aren't commercialized like this such as hospitals and churches.

This appears to be a city whose citizens have seen pretty much everything as few but the obvious tourists even raise an eye at TTN as she and Sam parade along the streets. They are offer up brochures and maps to all sort of places by people who seem to target obvious tourists such as them.

It is awfully hard to hear what they are saying to them though as one basically would have to scream to cut through the buzz. There does seem to be some kind of celebration going on as people are on the streets drinking and cheering, shouting something about "victory".

[The Sick Seagull]

The tavern is located in Bayside, famous, or infamous for housing seasides largest black market trade including a number of pirates. It was even controlled by them some time ago until the Union broke them up. The black market is still in business though, despite numerous attempts by several government's to shut it down. It seems too profitable to ever close down and Bayside has been independent from most laws, kind of like a less technological version of skyside.

The Sick Seagull is a large well-kept tavern that has a lot of patrons that seem to come from all over the world. It is nearly as diverse as Inside with goblins, humans, gnolls, boar-men and even an ethereal sitting in the corner of the room. They're quite easy to notice, being made of weird energy and bandages, which seem to dissuade most other patrons from their company.

But more importantly, Ambrosia is waiting for them. She is clad in her usual armor with that chained tome by her hip. "Ah, you came, and just in time too." She smiles.

Behind her Wenomir can see a group of goblins in military clothes cheering. Seems like they are celebrating something.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-10 at 06:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

[Goblin City]

Will takes TTNís hand so he doesnít get forced away from her. Heíll take the maps, but he lived in a city too long to fall for street commercial routines. Mostly because heís done plenty.
    Heíll try to ask a local what the festivities are, but if they canít hear him heíll focus on locating a human-sized hotel or a place with a help wanted sign. He would love to work somewhere nice and exotic like one of those magic stores or a restaurant but he knows at best heíll end up working some corner.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Sick Seagull]

Ilpholin arrives late, and it's clear she's been in a fight or two recently. Not serious ones apparently, just being a little sweaty and all. Then again, maybe she just ran all the way here? It seems decidedly less likely.

Still she takes a seat with Wenomir and Ambrosia, doing her best not to stand out too much. It wouldn't do to have one of the demon worshipping gnoll decide to finally reveal their true colors and perform an assassination attempt. At least not until Ambrosia's contact gave them the information they need. "Hey there."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

[The Sick Seagull]

"Hello, Ilpholin," Wenomir says with a nod, before turning to Ambrosia. He's wearing a different coat and tabard over his armour than usual. People are still likely to recognize him, but at least his usual surcoat won't give him away. "Charming place, isn't it? We should try to be quick about our business."

25. - Top - End - #1015

[The Sick Seagull]

"It does have its charm, I enjoy the scenery." Ambrosia replies with a smile, seemingly ignoring Ilpholin's tardy arrival. "But yes, let's do business." And with a nod, she leads them deeper into the tavern which appears to be divided into several sections. The one they were in was just for casual appearances, the others seems designed for more specific needs.

The first room appears to be some kind of... theater? There aren't any people in here so whatever it is, it's closed for the moment.

The next one appears to be some kind of game room, there is poker, black-jack, a knife throwing game, even chess and what appears to be some type of role-playing game.
    Ambrosia goes to the corner of this room where a lone gnoll sits. His black fur has been turned grey by age and there are multiple scars across his snout. He is holding a wooden mug with his right hand that appears to be mechanical in nature. He meets them with a weary gaze, his eyesight dulled as he seems to have to peer at them even once they all sit down at the table. "Mister Gnarlan, this is Wenomir and Ilpholin. They're both from VIGIL and are very interested in hearing about the sea of storms." Ambrosia introduces them.

"Hopefully you have good reasons going there. Lost my arm and my leg to that place, and I'm one of the lucky ones. Got to grow old and grey."
    He coughs. "But is this about saving the world somehow? I heard of you types. The continent sure is a mess."

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin City

TTN will initially lead the way for Will, but after he takes her hand, she simply pulls him up to sit upon her shoulder. It isn't comfortable, but it'll allow him to see everything without being swept away. Should he guide her, she'll take him wherever he wishes, but along the way she asks if there are mercenary groups or a way to join the guard.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Sick Seagull]

"Dapper as always Wenomir." Ilpholin glances around the bar with a frown, trying to find the charm. Failing her investigation, she just mutters, "Black Dragon's Den is better." Though maybe there are a few more features that the Sick Seagull has which BDD doesn't. A theater comes to mind. She's probably just biased in favor of her dad's tavern.

Ilpholin follows Ambrosia into the back of the game room, tensing up as she sits down and listens to the demon summoning trash in front of her. "Gee. I wonder why," Ilpholin bristles after Gnarlan complains about the mess of the world. If she were any more ready to snap his head off, she'd be the spitting image of a mad dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

[The Sick Seagull]

Wenomir glances at Ilpholin. Is she that angry at gnolls?

"Is is, and we are planning on fixing that. Getting through the sea of storms would help us a great deal."

29. - Top - End - #1019

[The Sick Seagull]

Gnarlan does not immediately reply, peering back at Ilpholin with suspicion.
    "Yes, I'm still paying extra of course due to the unusual circumstances." Ambrosia assures him and the promise of money seems to be enough.

"Very well... well, you're not too different from the average adventurer that want to visit the place. Just like I were once. I had experience with dozens of dungeons and thought this would be just like any other, I was wrong." He reaches down and pulls up a rolled up map which he puts on the table, placing the table decorations on the four corners of it to keep it down. "First of all, there are two sea of storms." The gnoll gestures at the map, showing that is centered around a area clearly marked "SEA OF STORMS". It appears huge on the map, stretching hundreds of miles in every direction.

"This is the sea of storms everyone knows about, and the name tells you everything about it. It's a sea, stretching between Ulukar here, and Trebien over here." Gnarlan indicates small bits of land that must be the beginning of larger landmasses which the map doesn't include. "And it has a lot of storms, and sea monsters. Pretty nasty, considering the storms seem to be supernatural in nature as all means of attempting to control them or calm them down fails. But that's not the sea of storms I know." he gestures with one broken claw at the center of the sea which has been ringed in with a red marker. "The inner circle. That's where the real **** goes down. Even ships made to endure the storms are helpless here unless they know what to do. See, the area is actually relatively small compared to the rest of the sea right?" The old adventurer pauses, looking up at them. "Wrong. This area is probably larger than the entire sea combined, its like a bag of holding. Far larger on the inside. If you enter the circle from here with a fast ship, it should take you about five hours to get to the other side, even faster if you're on a plane. But nope, anyone trying to simply cross the inner circle like that is never seen again. Those few that returned say that they been traveling for days before they were forced to turn around. All maps turning up wrong, and even the skies revealing only alien stars. Therefore, it is likely that this area takes you to a different world somehow. Hence why anyone entering the area must go out the same way as they came if they want to return at all. That's the easy part though, the difficulty comes with adapting to all the conditions of the zone."

He raises his one claw into the air. "First, gravity is weaker in the zone. Short term, that seems pretty cool but long term that wears down the body as we mortals were made with this gravity in mind." The gnoll raises another claw. "Second, magic and technology tend to malfunction within the zone. The more advanced the technology, or powerful the magic, the easier it appears to fail. This includes undead and robots which people often use to circumvent the third condition..." He raises a third claw. "The mutations. Perhaps the worst one of them, as far as I know there is no way to protect yourself from them due to the second condition. Those hazmat suits the military uses in there are just bull****, they're just fooling themselves if they think those will protect them. The best way to protect yourself from mutations is simply to limit your exposure to the circle. If you go in and out quickly, just getting what you need, that's you getting away for free, and would make you wiser than me." Gnarlan lifts his robot arm and moves all its metal fingers. "Visited the circle five times, which in hindsight was five times too many. Didn't really get out enough to be worth losing so much."

Ambrosia that has been noting all this down looks up. "Excuse me, but how... erm, what is the nature of these mutations?"

The old gnoll chuckles. "Oh, I thought you'd ask how it all works, but that beats me. Got no ****ing clue." He shakes his head. "But, it depends. The most common mutation is 'actuate mass accumulation', which is really to say, one of your body parts suddenly grows a ****-load. If you're lucky, its a non-essential part, like your leg or arm for instance, then you can be saved if your friends amputate it quickly enough. However if its, say, your heart, then well... let's just say it isn't pretty."He puts down his metal hand. "But I shouldn't scare you with such stories. Since you're only going in once right? Never heard of anyone that mutated in in less than a days time. There are also 'beneficial' mutations like scales or special eyes, or so I heard. Some of my old pals believe it all depends on where in the circle you are." He looks at Wenomir and Ilpohlin now. "Any more questions?"

Goblin City

There are no official magic stores at all as it turns out. Magic in general is under a lot of scrutiny by the law. To even keep a magical item you need to visit the acquisition office to get it registered which is difficult in itself. Nonetheless, there are rumors of a black market of magical goods but they get no hints where such a market would be. However, as TTN asks around about mercenary companies it is mentioned that the mercenary company KABAL might be able to hook them up with magical items as they're smuggling them.

Otherwise, they could try to apply to a adventuring company but those are rare these days. They will have better luck in Bayside which is supposedly the adventuring capital these days. All the ruins around here have been looted a long time ago. As for the guard, to become an official guard one has to have to be an official citizen first. Same goes for a lot of other jobs, but its always possible to try to get a job illegally. But you need to know who to talk to. Again, the goblin they speak to recommends either KABAL or something called The Reclamation League, or TRL for short, which is some new gnoll organization that attempts to reclaim their ancestral belongings.

As for the celebration, apparently the goblin military has won a major victory against 'those demons' whom been raiding goblin villages and towns for quite a while now. It has been such a big problem that it is cause for major celebration.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-16 at 09:41 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

[Goblin City]

Will had a pretty bad experience with a mob in skyside, so a big mercenary group running illegal activities sounds honestly terrifying to him. He'll reject that notion, and instead lead TTN farther into the island, looking for human-friendly neighborhoods. Though if something interesting catches his eyes he might stop his search to browse. He's in an exotic locale, after all. And maybe one of those interesting stops will lead him to a job.

But something's bothering him, and he speaks up to TTN after a short time of searching.
    "TTN, I wanted to tell you this earlier, but...you don't have to stay with me if you don't want to. I probably have enough money to get you to the mainland. You can find someplace that'll be fine accepting you into their defense force or whatever. I'm just a street kid from Skyside."