New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Shadow Dancer Shadow Companion Help

Actual Question: If a Shadow Dancer character wanted to make this Shadow companion more meaningful and advance interestingly, how might you institute that? I have been looking at ways to use something like the "monstrous companion" feat, or like some kind of summoner eidolon, but its proving to be less intuitive than i would have hoped. Lets also assume that the Shadow being a shadow (and doing str damage) isn't as important as having a shadow-like companion from the shadow plane.

Non-important background information: We are playing a game set in the Scarred Lands (started long before they announced the PF re-release, and we are very excited) and we have just encountered Shadow Dancers, followers of Drendari, introducing the opportunity to gain levels in the PrC. I'm playing a really interesting (read: stupid) character that already has levels in 5 different classes. This hasn't been a problem because we are a low powered party anyway and we aren't doing a ton of combat in this game. I like the concept of the class, and I have been wanting to get a pet (because I watched Jurassic World and thought for the first time ever "I want a pet class") and the SD's shadow companion seems really cool, but its advancement is boring (though totally powerful, thats not the problem). I'm looking for a way to put a little more RP punch in the mechanics of the feature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Shadow Dancer Shadow Companion Help

I haven't looked at it in a while but Ethereal Gears had a whole slew of shadow focused brew in this thread. It might be possible to adapt some of the work there to what you're looking for.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof