Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Duck Season II: Firing Back

Penguinator in self-defence.
    Vote tallies:
    Flat-Footed: 1 (Pelican)
    Vesth: 1 (Libro)
    BasketOfPuppies: 1 (Eggel)
    Black Socks: 4 (Meta, Fortuna, Penguinator, Kish)
    Penguinator: 4 (Xihirli, Deathslayer7, Murska, Black Socks)
    So, currently there will be no lynch.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Look at what I said when I voted for her. I trusted that, with the two of you advancing incompatible claims, one was lying and the liar was a wolf, and that sticking to the "kill Lex-Kat and, if she comes out truthful, kill Fleeing Coward" plan would reveal which was which. If she was the truthful one, well, losing one hunter would have been worth it to kill a duck. If you'd said "don't kill her, she clarified that her Mason network day-baned me, not her personally*," that would have been different than just "Don't kill her because now I'm saying so"--which had the primary effect of making me wonder if you were both wolves and you were counting on the lynch you called on her being too late in the day to actually happen.

To put it another way: I vigilante killed her for the exact same stated reason that I voted to lynch her before that.

*Which would have given me, or made public, the information that she was a Mason, so it's understandable that you didn't, but saying just "don't do it because I say don't do it" carried no weight at all.
    This does make some sense but I said in the PM I was given the reason why she wasn't seen targetting me. That was the furthest I could push it without outright revealing Lex was mason.

That said, I'm satisfied for now that both you and Black Socks are telling the truth.
    Based on the information I'm receiving, Pengi's chances of been duck isn't high either.

Will not be revealing my sources publicly but be assured that the masons have access to virtually all the information I'm getting in case anyone thinks I'm a Duck playing puppetmaster.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

How is killing a Duck the worst-case-scenario?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    The key to this could be whether or not my watcher followed my suggestion on last night's target.

I do have another lynch target in mind but it's still abit early to pull the trigger on that person until I get some clarification from someone else.

My secondary target would result in my vig friend killing a second Duck tonight as the worst case scenario.
    Referring to this.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #304

My vig friend killing a Duck would mean that we lynched a villager today. I basically have 2 incompatible claims I'm trying to work out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm the Baner. Back. Off.

I don't know why any of you trust Fleeing Coward. You, Murska, and you, Deathslayer, have been playing waaaay too long to fall for his tricks.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2016-07-11 at 08:27 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Can you give me a reason not to trust him?

He's netted us a wolf.
    He's the center of the network right now.
    He's sharing information with the masons. I would assume this is true otherwise the masons should try to out him or know hes a wolf. Either way win win.

So yes, I think trusting FC is a good plan right now. And he did say you weren't a wolf and I was planning on switching, but I think it was a little early for a claim dont you?

That being said. Vesth.

And I have trusted FC and Murska both before to good effect. Both know what they are talking about.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2016-07-11 at 09:25 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I don't know why any of you trust Fleeing Coward. You, Murska, and you, Deathslayer, have been playing waaaay too long to fall for his tricks.
    I trust him to try to help whichever side he's on win. It appears that that was not the same side as Ramsus.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I'm the Baner. Back. Off.

While I'm not fully believing Penguinator to be the Baner (hey, you never know), he does bring back suspicion onto Fleeing Coward. FC and I had exchanged several PM's over the night, which mostly consisted of me inquiring into his "network" and who he believes I should target. While there does seem to be a network somewhere, I'm not sure if it's between the right people.

He sent out a PM during the end of Day 2 to lynch Lex Kat, but then he later comes out to say "no, don't do it." If he really was in contact with the masons, shouldn't he have known she was a mason?

FC definitely seems to be pulling the strings in this game, which so far the success for town can be debatable.

I noticed that several people have started roleclaiming, which can be a good thing. It let's town "know" who they shouldn't kill. BUT, the wolves also know exactly which people have the abilities that are most dangerous to the wolves, which makes deciding who to nightkill decidedly simpler.

What I've started thinking about is what is Fleeing Coward's role. How do we have proof he's not a wolf? Because he tells us the info we want to hear? But what do we have to prove that he's a wolf? He does seem to be helping town.

I think Fleeing Coward is a neutral role.

If you want me to completely trust you, you better give me (and us) more of a reason then "I made a network (that I won't let you in on), haHAH!"

If you want to discuss this privately if you don't feel comfortable on the thread, I'm always available to PM's.

And to the rest of you, who now probably question my motives, I AM A HUNTER that wants to know the truth. Each night, I use a random ability on someone. Night 1 targeted Elodin, nothing. Night 2, ImperatorV, nothing. I was orginally going to target Murska (had minor suspicion), but FC convinced me to change my target.

As for my vote, I don't really feel any of the people right now are wolfy. I think today will end up in town killing itself (at the current rate, anyway), so I will wait till more people speak.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Just missed the end of the day, sorry all. The sudden wave of people voting for Lex seems a little iffy to me, especially at the end of the day. I'll try to look into it more when I have Ipad access.
    After looking in to it more, what have you divined?

A wolf would know even better just how iffy it was and this sort of statement is cheap town pseudo-help with little risk as you didn't follow up with anything.

BasketOfPuppies
    Last edited by Meta; 2016-07-12 at 07:55 AM.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

10. - Top - End - #310

The reason I said not to kill Lex was because i found out she was mason during the night that's how the core of the network formed.
    The masons are the only people with complete informatikn because they're the only people that are fully cleared.

Also, Xihirli is who we're lynching today. He failed the tracker test.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Was Vesth not targeting Penguinator?

- - - Updated - - -

That's upsetting.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #312

If you were the real tracker, you'd know that Vesth targeted themselves
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2016-07-11 at 09:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

It may be possible that I have Fool abilities for Lookout. I can promise that I was told I was Lookout. I could have been diverted or I could be Fool!Lookout. I am not in contact with any wolves unless Fleeing Coward is one, because FC did contact me.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems weird that I would claim that (were it untrue) considering I had barely any pressure put on me. Basically I was just asked for reasoning on my Elodin lead; I targeted him and it came back negative - my action was nulled. You can verify that. Other people targeted him and were nulled.

I would have no reason to tip my hand and claim my role, especially since I was the first person to do so.

Then again, I am Xihirli...
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314

If you flip town Xihirli, rest assured that my vig contact will shoot Vesth tonight.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, cool. Xihirli.

- - - Updated - - -

...Aren't you going to vote?
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2016-07-11 at 10:35 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316

You ain't going to beast me either mate. I still got one more night of organising to do before I hand full control over to the masons.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Beast who?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Was Vesth not targeting Penguinator?

- - - Updated - - -

That's upsetting.
    Wait what? I targetted Penguinator? Since when?

And wait, I don't get it. Why am I going to be shot by vig if Xihirli is town?

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, this actually does seem like an all-around bad idea. There could be any number of factors that made my Lookout sense go wrong and I don't think the answer is killing two townies.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I feel like I just missed something important here. Why were you guys suddenly lynching Vesth and Xihirli and then decided to not do that?
    Why didn't Fleeing Coward vote?
    What's Fleeing Coward's role, and why hasn't he said anything about that even though I asked him?
    Wait, Vesth is the seer? What?
    Another vigilante?
    Trackers?
    I have completely lost track of what happened.

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Eggel View Post
    I feel like I just missed something important here. Why were you guys suddenly lynching Vesth and Xihirli and then decided to not do that?
    Why didn't Fleeing Coward vote?
    What's Fleeing Coward's role, and why hasn't he said anything about that even though I asked him?
    Wait, Vesth is the seer? What?
    Another vigilante?
    Trackers?
    I have completely lost track of what happened.
    Never said anywhere about Vesth and seer on here Eggel. Did your wolf buddy give you a link to the QT?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    Can you give me a reason not to trust him?
    Several.

He's netted us a wolf.
    Bull. He claims to have a vigilante contact that killed Ramsus. There is no reason to believe that A) FC does have a vig contact or b) that he was the one who ordered a kill on Ramsus.

He's the center of the network right now.
    A network that, for all we know, has wolves in it. Fleeing Coward has admitted that he doesn't trust all of his contacts.

He's sharing information with the masons. I would assume this is true otherwise the masons should try to out him or know hes a wolf. Either way win win.
    Do you KNOW that there are still masons left? There are two dead masons. For all I know, there are no living masons, and that FC is using this as a false reassurance.

So yes, I think trusting FC is a good plan right now. And he did say you weren't a wolf and I was planning on switching, but I think it was a little early for a claim dont you?
    No, I don't. Look at my game. There were four votes from 14 living players yesterday. I am not convinced that people are going to pay enough attention to switch their votes. I was the leading wagon, and the votes just kept piling on ONLY BECAUSE FC SAID SO. Black Socks actually has a wagon because he has been suspicious and behaving suspiciously. Also, I was still getting votes after FC said something like "let's lynch somebody else." I don't trust him, or any of you. Not when a majority of players are willing to mindlessly sheep Fleeing Coward.

And I have trusted FC and Murska both before to good effect. Both know what they are talking about.
    And you also know that both have been able to pull off crazy gambits in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I trust him to try to help whichever side he's on win. It appears that that was not the same side as Ramsus.
    Why? Because he claims to have a vigilante contact? There's no evidence that Fleeing Coward ordered a kill on Ramsus.

You know what we do know? When Fleeing Coward started a "let's lynch X person" yesterday, that person was a MASON. On a wagon that we KNOW had wolf influence. As far as Ramsus' "we'll lynch FC next," that could purely be him knowing FC was a wolf and trying to make himself look better.

Also, Xihirli is who we're lynching today. He failed the tracker test.
    No. I'm not doing another "FC says" wagon. You haven't been right yet.

We need to kill Black Socks. He still looks shifty as all get out, and his role is Decoy DUCK. He has duck in the title, folks. A duck decoy, maaaaaybe. But how many of you really believe that there's a town voider? Whose ability only works sometimes? That is much too convenient. I don't want voided and killed tonight. Let's get rid of the shifty, self-claimed voider.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Never said anywhere about Vesth and seer on here Eggel. Did your wolf buddy give you a link to the QT?
    you didnt but Xihirli was talking about being a fool.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Fool-Lookout. I was told I was Lookout, but Vesth seems to believe I produce poor results. My readings should be taken with a grain of salt.

Black Socks because actual shiftiness.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

Fool lookout. There's 0 mention of Vesth's potential role.

- - - Updated - - -

Pengi, I told the masons in advance I was getting the vig to kill Ramsus. No mason will come forward to say otherwise - that's proof that I am town.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

This is an incredibly active game and I will be honest, having difficulty keeping up.

I kinda want to stay clear of this whole FC/Xir/Penguinator thing, so Black Socks I guess, because wolf Ramsus was on the tie wagon (and yes, I realize I was to, but I thought it was a good idea at the time? Anyway, now that we know Ramsus was a wolf, maybe he was protecting his buddy?)
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-07-12 at 09:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Did my "wolf buddy" give me a link to a QT that you are in? Maybe he did

As for my vote, Black Socks did have quite the air of suspicion, last time I checked.

Edit: Norman250, I totally agree with you
    Last edited by Eggel; 2016-07-11 at 11:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Pixie in the Playground

But Penguinator doesn't believe in the masons remember?

I do agree that Black Socks looks like a better lynch given the evidence than Xihirli. Both are shaky, somewhat hard to believe claims, but Black Socks has other shaky behavior to go with his, and a potential Ramsus connection to boot.
    Last edited by Pelican; 2016-07-12 at 11:50 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Pengi, I told the masons in advance I was getting the vig to kill Ramsus. No mason will come forward to say otherwise - that's proof that I am town.
    The masons that none of us know for sure exist, because two of them are dead?

Sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #330

I give up. Why would any duck ever claim to be Decoy Duck publicly?
    Spoiler
    Show