New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Duck Season II: Firing Back

Pokemon Go is stealing my time, not a fan of how quickly the flat foot wagon took off but don't mind it too much.
    Like Duck said half the people hadn't said a thing today which doesn't allow for much analysis.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Pixie in the Playground

Please don't just play "follow the network." Until concrete info emerges, they still don't know who the wolves are any more than we do. I don't mind the flat_footed wagon to be honest, but I'm keeping my vote on Murska for the time being. I still want to know why his game has altered so visibly and he's sort of implied stuff, but not enough that I'd be willing to trust him.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

@Pelican: Murksa does seem to have changed their style of play. While it was hard to follow, at least they seemed to be helping town, as opposed to now. They may merit a closer look.

On a related note...
    @Lex/FC: Is Murksa still town after their return?

@Meta: Any explanation as to why your vote is sitting on BoP?

4. - Top - End - #424

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    @Pelican: Murksa does seem to have changed their style of play. While it was hard to follow, at least they seemed to be helping town, as opposed to now. They may merit a closer look.

On a related note...
    @Lex/FC: Is Murksa still town after their return?

@Meta: Any explanation as to why your vote is sitting on BoP?
    Agreed on Murska, and I wonder if he didn't slip a bit with that successful wagon comment. I believe BoP said they were going to share their input by a certain date and then did no such thing. There's some ping on my radar.

Only tangentially relevant to my voting, but I PMed Lex about my role (which is also a non-hunter on the hunter side) and haven't heard back. Probably nothing, but keep it mind if I go to an early grave and she's acting suspicious. My money is still on her remaining town, however.

Pelican's play is nearly identical to his wolf play when we were teamed up in my last game. It could be a testament to his skill or indicate he's a duck.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, considering the time, I'm voting for Murska by preference to "no one."
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-07-18 at 11:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Well shucks.

I'm a townie, that's for sure. How the heck did I atract so much attention? :(

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Well, darn. I really thought I posted again for some reason.

Forgot Lex was a mason. That does make the "she's a wolf now" theory much less likely, although I guess she could be a neutral? Her being resurrected as guaranteed town just seems a little overpowered/too good to be true. But okay, I'll take her word for it for now and take my vote off FC. I don't want to kill someone who effectively claimed Baner, so flat_footed, I guess.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I honestly can't imagine that Lex was brought back wolf, but I also can't shake the feeling that it could be something Duck did to make a crazy role.

I will say that whomever resurrected her probably doesn't fully trust her/the network either, or we'd likely have heard them speculate on on the potential role switch.

Although, I guess they could have, and were just subtle about it.

I don't really know who to vote for. I'm not sure we should be placing this much trust in FC. I'm also not sure Flat-Footed is a wolf, their wagon sprang up way too quickly, and with way too little resistance.

I'll try to decide on who to vote for shortly.

9. - Top - End - #429

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Well, darn. I really thought I posted again for some reason.

Forgot Lex was a mason. That does make the "she's a wolf now" theory much less likely, although I guess she could be a neutral? Her being resurrected as guaranteed town just seems a little overpowered/too good to be true. But okay, I'll take her word for it for now and take my vote off FC. I don't want to kill someone who effectively claimed Baner, so flat_footed, I guess.
    Well, you guys are about to off another town, and a night voider to boot.

My role is, ironically, the wolf. I can choose one target to stalk each night and void all actions against that one person. In the flavor of duck vs. hunter, I win when all the tasty ducks are gone.

Honestly, I cant think of where this agression is coming from.. also, Murska since I'm 100% town and it may be the only way to save myself. Prior to all the votes against me, I PMd lex with an offer to reveal my role to her.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2016-07-18 at 12:43 AM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Sorry about my absence.

So...Pressure on Imperator, he claimed, people accepted his claim, a few people went after FC then gave up on that, and now most of the votes are for flat_footed for lack of a better option, with a few on Murska?

Guess I'll go with Murska to make things less one-sided, since that wagon was too fast and uncontested for my tastes.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I don't like the Murska wagon, because they're isn't a whole lot of reason for it, but I like the Flat-foot wagon far less.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-07-18 at 10:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432

I don't either, but I have no choice. Went golfing today and came back to a gallows with my name on it.

13. - Top - End - #433

Yeah, I can get behind a Murska wagon. Pre and post death Murska just don't feel the same.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

14. - Top - End - #434

Murksa, since they have not role claimed, and the network seems not to trust him.

Vote Count:
    BoP(1): Meta
    Murksa(7): Pelican, Xirhili, Kish, Aventine, norman250, Fleeing Coward, Libro
    flat_footed(5): Lex-Kat, Mrs McGinty, Deathslayer7, Murksa, Elenna
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2016-07-18 at 09:44 AM. Reason: struck through vote

15. - Top - End - #435

Pelican's got the right idea here. Do not follow who the known network votes purely for the sake of following the network. While the network has a better general idea of the roles, we're far from having the game "solved".

Vote for who you personally find suspicious and give your reasons - that will always be the best way to help us win this game. Network is really only here to ensure that confirmed town power roles do not get lynched.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2016-07-18 at 07:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I'm glad flat footed came out with it. I wasn't actually sure he was the Wolf.

I've changed my playstyle because my role is different. Previously, my role was relatively weak, and benefited from garnering attention. Now, my role is potentially rather strong, and benefits not from attention as such.

I'm here to take out the Wolf, who is a threat to both the Hunters and the Ducks, but as far as I can tell specifically more the former. I need to be on that successful lynch wagon or on one of the people he's Bitten, so as to unlock some more useful pro-Town powers.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

17. - Top - End - #437

Elenna, for two reasons.
    1) It seems as if they are trying to hop onto wagons during their decline, or at least when another is on its rise.
    2) I have a guess about murksa's role, in which they aren't a duck.
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2016-07-18 at 11:06 AM. Reason: struck through vote

18. - Top - End - #438

Elenna cast quite an early vote today (when I say "today" I mean the 15th), for Fleeing Coward when his wagon was the only one.

That's not to say I'm aware of any reason at all not to vote for her, just that "It seems as if they are trying to hop onto wagons during their decline, or at least when another is on its rise" is factually inaccurate.

You'll need to give more information about what you suspect about Murska if you don't want him killed shortly.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

How about you switch off?

I mean, of course I bloody act different. I died! That tends to change a man. And I was reincarnated into this strange body with strange powers.
    Last edited by Murska; 2016-07-18 at 10:01 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #440

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Well, I'm glad flat footed came out with it. I wasn't actually sure he was the Wolf.

I've changed my playstyle because my role is different. Previously, my role was relatively weak, and benefited from garnering attention. Now, my role is potentially rather strong, and benefits not from attention as such.

I'm here to take out the Wolf, who is a threat to both the Hunters and the Ducks, but as far as I can tell specifically more the former. I need to be on that successful lynch wagon or on one of the people he's Bitten, so as to unlock some more useful pro-Town powers.
    What are you talking about? My role clearly states I am sided with the hunters against the "pesky ducks". My win condition is to have the ducks gone, and I have no anti-town abilities. I can save only, as is typical for the voider role.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'll take a gamble on flat-footed being wolf/harmful neutral. Murska is claiming to have some knowledge, and Libro seems to agree, so if Flat turns up town, we should probably lynch the two of them.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    What are you talking about? My role clearly states I am sided with the hunters against the "pesky ducks". My win condition is to have the ducks gone, and I have no anti-town abilities. I can save only, as is typical for the voider role.
    Yeah, sure. A typical voider voids the action of the person targeted, not the people targeting him. You know what messes with actions of people targeting the target? Cult recruitment.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443

My ability, as Duck999 explained, completely voids all actions against one person each night. I say VOID, because it is as if the actions never happened. He said there is no public post that it happened, just the others who targetted the same person as I get a PM saying their ability was voided.

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Elenna cast quite an early vote today (when I say "today" I mean the 15th), for Fleeing Coward when his wagon was the only one.

That's not to say I'm aware of any reason at all not to vote for her, just that "It seems as if they are trying to hop onto wagons during their decline, or at least when another is on its rise" is factually inaccurate.

You'll need to give more information about what you suspect about Murska if you don't want him killed shortly.
    My reasoning for Elenna is bad, I was primarily looking to get off Murska v. flat_footed.

I believe that Murska and flat_footed have something secondary to the duck v.s. hunter issue that determines town's fate. A subplot, to put it in narrative terms.

As for a vote, I've settled on norman250. Their play style seems similar to ThePhantom's game in which they were wolf.

EDIT: Given flat_footed's description of their power, would the appropriate name be "jailer"?
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2016-07-18 at 11:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

How so? Because I didn't want to pile onto a massive wagon and then changed my mind in light of Murska's claim?

You will come to learn, in time, that your gut is incorrect in this instance.

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    I'll take a gamble on flat-footed being wolf/harmful neutral. Murska is claiming to have some knowledge, and Libro seems to agree, so if Flat turns up town, we should probably lynch the two of them.
    I largely agree with this, except that I would rather kill Murska first and kill flat_footed should Murska prove town, but it doesn't look like I can have that and I really don't want a tie, so: Sorry, flat_footed. I hope everyone on the flat_footed wagon agrees that Murska goes next if flat_footed is town.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

My only reason for preferring flat over Murska' is that it sounds like Murska could get some PRs to help us with if he's telling the truth.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 4 Over

Another long day in the woods, everyone at a loss for what to do. Random hunter Fred sits sharpening his knife and polishing his gun. Suddenly, he hears a rustling in the bush. He quickly lifts his gun and aims. When nothing emerges, he relaxes a bit again. Suddenly, a creature is upon him, howling and biting. He tries to spin, but the thing has a grip on his neck. His screams of pain draw other hunters.
    What's going on?
    As the hunters approach, they see a feral wolf clinging to Fred's neck. All of them aim, fire, and shoot. The wolf dies quickly, but so does Fred (who existed only for fluff). The hunters relax, but then realize they have gone yet another day without killing any of those pesky ducks.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    flat_footed was killed. He was the wolf aligned with the hunters.

Spoiler: Did not vote
    Show
    Fortuna, BasketOfPuppies, Disc Lorde, Thematthew, Vesth, Elodin

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Player Dead? Role
    flat_footed Day 4 Wolf
    Ramsus Night 2 Penultimate Duck
    norman250
    Fortuna
    Black Socks Day 3 Decoy Duck
    Libro
    Deathslayer7
    BasketOfPuppies
    Silent_Interim Day 1 Child
    Kish
    Murska Night 2 Famous Hunter
    Lex-Kat Night 2 Family Member
    Xihirli
    Elenna
    Disc Lorde Night 1 Chauffeur
    The-lost-ByteMurska
    PenguinatorDisc Lorde
    Thematthew
    Pelican
    Mrs McGinty
    Fleeing Coward
    Eggel Night 3 Inexperienced Hunter
    ImperatorV
    TFTSupagoof
    Meta
    Aventine
    Vesth
    Elodin

Begin Night 4

48 hours. Don't forget to cross out old votes!
    Last edited by Duck999; 2016-07-18 at 11:43 AM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

I guess we... killed a wolf? Sort of?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

30. - Top - End - #450

And tomorrow, we kill someone who sabotaged town. Unless a vigilante gets Murska in the night. Hint, hint, whoever was killing people on Fleeing Coward's advice earlier.