New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Duck Season II: Firing Back

Oh, ha ha.
    Well, like I said, there's no harm in me role claiming, as I'm not a target for the wolves any more (my power is already gone), and open information for town is open information for town.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Colossus in the Playground

Ahem. For anyone who I just confused: THAT WAS A JOKE ABOUT THE FACT THAT NORMAN250 NINJAD ME. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE THERE IS AN ACTUAL NINJA ROLE IN THIS GAME, NOR DO I HAVE ANY INSIGHT WHATSOEVER INTO NORMAN250'S ROLE, BEYOND THAT EVERYONE HAS ONE.

Updated: However, I am glad I said that now. I would like to suggest that unless Lex-Kat pipes up and says "norman250 is lying," norman250 is now as established-trustworthy as Lex-Kat; they might be duck zombifier and duck zombie and thus both be duck-aligned (though that's not the way I'm betting), but it's real unlikely that a duck had and used a power that resurrected a town-loyal mason.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Weird, I could have sworn I saw Kish put another post there.

Edit: and there it was. Looks like it was some strange server issue or soemthing.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-07-21 at 07:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #574

Deleted and redid.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Ahem. For anyone who I just confused: THAT WAS A JOKE ABOUT THE FACT THAT NORMAN250 NINJAD ME. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE THERE IS AN ACTUAL NINJA ROLE IN THIS GAME, NOR DO I HAVE ANY INSIGHT WHATSOEVER INTO NORMAN250'S ROLE, BEYOND THAT EVERYONE HAS ONE.

Updated: However, I am glad I said that now. I would like to suggest that unless Lex-Kat pipes up and says "norman250 is lying," norman250 is now as established-trustworthy as Lex-Kat; they might be duck zombifier and duck zombie and thus both be duck-aligned (though that's not the way I'm betting), but it's real unlikely that a duck had and used a power that resurrected a town-loyal mason.
    I do appreciate the vote of confidence, but people should also note that being town =/= I know what I'm doing.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Barbarian in the Playground

Elenna's wagon seems the best to me out of the remaining three for now, although I'm still sifting through some information.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgive me if it was stated already, but could you tell us what the name of your role is, Murska?
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2016-07-22 at 06:03 AM. Reason: vote struck through

7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm just going to vote with Lex so that means Meta.
    I've done my part with my initial info dump, perfectly happy to be lazy and let them sort everything out now so I can focus on other stuff
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2016-07-22 at 09:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

8. - Top - End - #578

Target: Voters: Current Count:
    Elenna Pelican, Xihirli, Libro 3
    Meta Murska, Black Socks, Lex-Kat, ImperatorV, Supagoof, Fleeing Coward 6
    Murska Kish, Elenna, Aventine, Disc Lorde, norman250 5
    No One Fortuna, Deathslayer7, BasketOfPuppies, Vesth, Elodin, Meta 6

I'm going to bed. I have a cold. This vote will probably all be over by the time I get up. Good luck, Meta.

9. - Top - End - #579

I certainly don't want to die, so if the people on Elenna could move to Murska or vice/versa that would be great. I'm a little disappointed in town atm. I've not been counter claimed, and as far as I know have no objections about my play that I've not responded to.

I can verify Norman's claim to a certain degree. Here is the result of my N2:

"You creep up to norm250, and listen closely. At first, you hear nothing, but soon you begin to hear what sounds like someone looking through a bag of supplies. However, you don't hear the sound of a gun being moved around like most of the hunters and ducks have."
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Elenna myself.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

11. - Top - End - #581

Meta it's impossible to counterclaim a non classic role so don't know what you're talkng about there.
    If you're actually claiming "Seer", then we've had an undisputed Seer claim since day 2 so consider this the counterclaim.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2016-07-22 at 12:06 AM.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I believe it was in reference to my suggestion that he could possibly be a fool counterpart, but assuming he is truthful about that scry, it seems more likely that he is indeed a unique role.

13. - Top - End - #583

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    I can verify Norman's claim to a certain degree. Here is the result of my N2:

"You creep up to norm250, and listen closely. At first, you hear nothing, but soon you begin to hear what sounds like someone looking through a bag of supplies. However, you don't hear the sound of a gun being moved around like most of the hunters and ducks have."
    @Meta:Could you explain this^

Aren't Seer/Fool scries only supposed to reveal allegiance, and not role? Because that seems to be suggesting norman250 isn't a standard hunter.

Granted, I am still relatively inexperienced at the game, but this seems quite suspicious to me.
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2016-07-22 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Struck through vote

14. - Top - End - #584

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Meta it's impossible to counterclaim a non classic role so don't know what you're talkng about there.
    If you're actually claiming "Seer", then we've had an undisputed Seer claim since day 2 so consider this the counterclaim.
    Actually, I think I do "know what I'm talking about." Note that McGinty is the Professional Hunting Dog. If there were only one role of that type, I think it more likely that the role would be called "Hunting Dog."
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

15. - Top - End - #585

Actually, I think I do "know what I'm talking about." Note that McGinty is the Professional Hunting Dog. If there were only one role of that type, I think it more likely that the role would be called "Hunting Dog."
    You claimed your role after McGinty died. That gives your claim of name 0 credibility.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

16. - Top - End - #586

You claimed your role after McGinty died. That gives your claim of name 0 credibility.
    You're shifting the goal posts. By this point I hope most people have viewed this thread, and no ________ Hunting Dog has stepped forward.

Libro, I can't explain more than I see, that's what the narrator sent me. This was the N2 scry I was unsure of, and the main reason I claimed to Lex.

17. - Top - End - #587

I believe the implication is that Meta is the Fool--or possibly Mrs. McGinty was, though it would be odd for the novice dog to be the one whose scries are accurate. Either way, with all the classic roles there should be two people who were told their role is "Seer," that much is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    @Meta:Could you explain this^

Aren't Seer/Fool scries only supposed to reveal allegiance, and not role? Because that seems to be suggesting norman250 isn't a standard hunter.

Granted, I am still relatively inexperienced at the game, but this seems quite suspicious to me.
    He claimed EMT, and to have resurrected Lex-Kat.

"A bag of supplies and no gun" goes with EMT and doesn't go with the ducks in this game at all. Lex-Kat, if you see this, did Meta tell you that, or any part of that, before norman250 role claimed?

18. - Top - End - #588

I sent her my scries word for word. Hopefully she checks back before day ends in a couple of hours, but if not, well, it would be a little bit short-sighted of me to lie about it when she can easily post the truth.

19. - Top - End - #589

You're shifting the goal posts. By this point I hope most people have viewed this thread, and no ________ Hunting Dog has stepped forward.

Libro, I can't explain more than I see, that's what the narrator sent me. This was the N2 scry I was unsure of, and the main reason I claimed to Lex.
    It's a closed setup, just because there's a Professional Hunting Dog does not guarantee there been another Hunting Dog so lack of a counterclaim is no reason to trust you're telling the truth even if you had claimed your role to Lex before McGinty died.

Like I said though, I'm mainly just following Lex now and keeping out of the way because I don't have much time. It's the pixie you need to convince not me.
    If you want to save yourself though, I'd say actually voting would be a good start. As far as I'm aware, we know nothing at all about Elenna so you can't go wrong with a vote there. Murska might be becoming an increasingly hostile neutral but that's no reason to lynch him just yet.

I can however confirm that Mera did send in those exact words to Lex.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2016-07-22 at 07:48 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590

Murska might be becoming an increasingly hostile neutral but that's no reason to lynch him just yet.
    Isn't it, considering that the point where his hostility is increasing from is deliberately getting a hunter lynched?

Murska's certainly not town, but I don't see the reason to believe he's neutral. If he's a duck, he's seemingly maneuvered himself into an ideal position: he can sabotage town openly, play it off as being a self-serving neutral, and not get killed because he's "not a duck."

If he's exactly what he's now claiming after being pushed into a corner on his claims to be town, on the other hand, then his logical approach, for the rest of the game, is to buy his survival by acting as a mercenary for the ducks, using the multiple abilities he claimed he had for them, while avoiding doing anything sufficiently overt to convince town to lynch him (which would apparently take screaming ALL HUNTERS SHALL DIE! or the equivalent). Something that, again, he explicitly offered to do when he (claimed to) think I might be a duck, assuring me it would be worth more to the ducks than the life of hypothetical-duck-Devil Meta.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-07-22 at 08:40 AM.

21. - Top - End - #591

It does seem like I can put it off no longer. Murska. He looks like a neutral/duck that wants Town's Seer dead.

I think that there isn't a fool. McGinty and I just scried in different, incomplete ways.

Edit: FC you had enough time to make several posts, but not enough to cast a vote for a better reason than blindly following Lex?
    Last edited by Meta; 2016-07-22 at 08:36 AM.

22. - Top - End - #592

It does seem like I can put it off no longer. Murska. He looks like a neutral/duck that wants Town's Seer dead.

I think that there isn't a fool. McGinty and I just scried in different, incomplete ways.

Edit: FC you had enough time to make several posts, but not enough to cast a vote for a better reason than blindly following Lex?
    Well, considering that the network knows 2 other seers, potentially losing someone who continues to insist they're the Seer is a risk I'm willing to take. If Murska's a Duck, we have a seer to confirm him just like we have a seer to confirm you. If I had to choose between you and Murska, I'd rather have Murska alive because if nothing else, the game's more entertaining with him alive.
    The fact that you'd rather lynch someone who's at least giving us some information even if he's a neutral over a complete unknown like Elenna that's been flying under the radar the entire game is just more reason for me to keep my vote where it is.

The only reason I have time is because it's a Friday night. I literally havn't been paying attention for most of the day and I don't have access to all the information that Lex has so unless I feel like the direction she's taking is something I greatly disagree with her, yes I'd rather follow her when the alternative is lynching a claimed neutral with some interesting powers that we can easily test.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593

Clearly I shouldn't have ignored Murska's PM asking me to claim Devil. If only I had been a little more entertaining! Shucks.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Meta, your first PM to me didn't mention your role specifically, just what your scries were. It wasn't until after Mrs. McGinty died that I got a specific name for your role, which is where the uncertainty comes from.

For Murska, the uncertainty comes from the fact that he gave me the results of his scry, which is only that you are an animal, then immediately pounced in thread. This seems unusual for Murska to do, because he's usually a more cautious player. But it also helped you by letting you know that you had to claim some kind of animal.

That, along with Mrs. McGinty's role being named due to her death, gave you the opportunity to claim Novice Hunting Dog. But the way your scries come back to you doesn't fit how they came back to Mrs. McGinty. Hers sounded like what you'd expect a dog to get. Yours sounds like something a spy would hear and see while watching someone else.

This is why I suspect you, over Murska. Sorry.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #595

Yeah, should have claimed Devil, then I'd be voting Murska right about now.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I believe the implication is that Meta is the Fool--or possibly Mrs. McGinty was, though it would be odd for the novice dog to be the one whose scries are accurate. Either way, with all the classic roles there should be two people who were told their role is "Seer," that much is true.

He claimed EMT, and to have resurrected Lex-Kat.

"A bag of supplies and no gun" goes with EMT and doesn't go with the ducks in this game at all. Lex-Kat, if you see this, did Meta tell you that, or any part of that, before norman250 role claimed?
    Lex, Kish's question is a very important one.
    If Meta didn't reveal that scry like that until AFTER I revealed EMT in thread, AND FC has two other Seer claims, it sounds like Meta is lying. So, did her state that ot you before?

27. - Top - End - #597

I think Fleeing Coward speaks for her; he said that yes, Meta did send that PM.

I understand being suspicious of the "Novice Hunting Dog hears" thing. It is suspicious. I don't understand being more suspicious of him than of Murska.

Target: Voters: Current Count:
    Elenna Pelican, Xihirli, Deathslayer7 3
    Meta Murska, Black Socks, Lex-Kat, ImperatorV, Supagoof, Libro 6
    Murska Kish, Elenna, Aventine, Disc Lorde, norman250, Meta, Fleeing Coward 7
    No One Fortuna, BasketOfPuppies, Vesth, Elodin 4

28. - Top - End - #598

Lex, just lynch Murska or Elenna. Meta is self resolving.
    If Meta is what he claims to be, Ducks have to kill him tonight. If he's still alive in the morning, then we'll lynch him.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599

Lex, just lynch Murska or Elenna. Meta is self resolving.
    If Meta is what he claims to be, Ducks have to kill him tonight. If he's still alive in the morning, then we'll lynch him.
    If Meta will be self-resolving, then Murska

30. - Top - End - #600
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

This is going to open a whole can of WIFOM.