New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Duck Season II: Firing Back

Thus the unconfirmable randomness begins.
    I am. -Starsnuffer

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

I do that just to push wagons. There's a potential for it to evolve into some valid stuff even on day one.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Pelican, only because I despise randomness. EVERYTHING MUST BE DONE OUT OF SPITE!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    And, as FC can attest, when I'm scum I just sub out before dropping a post.

So I must be innocent this time!
    McGinty for subbing out of said game and leaving me to endure the horror of day 3 by their replacement there. I expect to continue having nightmares about that day for the foreseeable future

P.S. I will fabricate a rock solid case against the next person to vote McGinty for today's lynch. I can't allow for my duck buddy to actually get lynched.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2016-07-03 at 04:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I don't see how bandwagons are beneficial to the village. Eliminators can just jump on the bandwagons most of the time. The more complexity, the better analysis.
    I am. -Starsnuffer

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Elodin to make it a three-way tie, since I agree that a monolithic wagon is bad for information gathering but on the other hand if the votes are all diffused out and nobody becomes a leading candidate then the wolves can hide in the noise more easily. The best is a few competing wagons so we can see who joins which.

Though I am seriously tempted to vote for McGinty as a challenge to FC: a battle of wits, to the death!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    McGinty for subbing out of said game and leaving me to endure the horror of day 3 by their replacement there. I expect to continue having nightmares about that day for the foreseeable future
    Yeah, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
    I don't see how bandwagons are beneficial to the village. Eliminators can just jump on the bandwagons most of the time. The more complexity, the better analysis.
    Where's the benefit in sticking an OMGUS on my joke vote and then making irrelevant comments about the site meta?

I should warn you that, whilst it has a habit of getting me mislynched, my D1 idiot meta also has a habit of finding scum. I'd never aim to lynch a new player D1 without very good cause, but your somewhat over-serious reaction to my welcome vote has got me wondering if you might actually be a wrong-un here.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Colossus in the Playground

Random vote for Fleeing Coward.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Elodin, because they feel the most scummy based on their reactions so far.
    Last edited by Murska; 2016-07-04 at 01:43 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Elodin, because they feel the most scummy based on their reactions so far.
    I mean, that's true and all. But Elodin is new here, and new people pretty much always look a bit scummy. I'm not sure that piling on more votes is wise or necessary at this stage. Consequently, I've removed mine and will now transfer it to you for grabbing at the low-hanging fruit.

Murska

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

*shrug* Pretty much everyone's new to me, here. I'd rather grab at the scummiest fruit when sparking rampant bandwagoning is, as always, the goal for my first day.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

I can definitely see a world where McGinty is wolf looking to lead town by the nose.

Elodin's reaction was weird, justifiable wagon. Hop off later and accuse a player most are hesitant to go toe-to-toe with so they look a little worse compared to you at least as far as day 1s go. Low Risk, and a couple of small net gains.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    I can definitely see a world where McGinty is wolf looking to lead town by the nose.

Elodin's reaction was weird, justifiable wagon. Hop off later and accuse a player most are hesitant to go toe-to-toe with so they look a little worse compared to you at least as far as day 1s go. Low Risk, and a couple of small net gains.
    Maybe you aren't aware, but I'm not sure how you work, Meta. See what I did there? That was cleaver.
    I am. -Starsnuffer

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Excuse me while I consult the oracle.

It said Silent_Interim must be punished for being a duck.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, yay! Barely controlled chaos is my favorite.

I don't want to lynch a new player, but equally, I don't want to lynch someone just returning after a protracted absence, and I don't want to throw my vote somewhere random this late in the day... which, of the current groups with more than one vote (other than myself) says Fleeing Coward.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elodin: I understand that bandwagons appear horrible to a new player. I was brand new just a few games ago and I hated bandwagons my first two games. However, on day 1 there is exactly 0 information to go on. As such, the town's main choices for a lynch vote are
    a) utter randomness
    or
    b) put pressure on people and see how they react.

B can sometimes tell you a little about both the lynch target and the people voting for them, while random votes are inscrutable and easily excused. As such, bandwagoning benefits the town more then any alternative day 1.

Now, looks like the Silent wagon is ahead, so let's bring Fleeing coward up to a tie. Ties are good for discussion and provoking reactions.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

one vote for Silent_Interim
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sorry I've missed out on most of this day phase, most of my attention has been on finishing up Phantom's game currently.
    Random point at Thematthew for now. I'll try to come back and look over the Silent/FC wagons later, I just didn't want to miss a day of voting.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

What gains? Day one town wagon is statistically most likely going to happen anyway, no benefit for a wolf from being the one to cause it. And I have no idea what wolfy benefit he is supposed to get from the interaction from Murska.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    and I don't want to throw my vote somewhere random this late in the day...
    Less than 24 hours into a 48 hour day? Not what I'd call late in the day

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mrs McGinty (3): Ramsus, Elodin, Fleeing Coward
    Silent_Interim (4): Meta, Pelican, Thematthew, Deathslayer7
    Fleeing Coward (4): Libro, Kish, Silent_Interim, ImperatorV
    Elodin (4): Vesth, Aventine, Murska, Penguinator
    Vesth (1): BasketOfPuppies
    Pelican (1): Xihirli
    Murska (1): Mrs McGinty
    Thematthew (1): norman250

SI's post gives me a town-enough vibe for now. Elodin, on the other hand, does not. His vote for McGinty seems much too eager, and although people keep giving the "he's new" excuse, if you read his posts, he never says that he's new to the game of werewolf, he says that he's new here. I'm under the impression that he's played somewhere else, so I'm more willing to lynch him for making a wolfy move. I could be wrong, and this could be his first game. But I don't think so.

I'm also mildly suspicious of Meta. Pinpointing Libro's post seems odd, as Libro's "vote may change" seems like a null-tell. I've seen plenty of people do that, and it's never been a big deal before. Usually Puppies, and I don't remember any games right off the bat where Puppies was actually a wolf.

And I'll be honest, I don't understand what he's saying with this post.

Is he saying that Elodin's wagon on McGinty is justifiable, or that the wagon on Elodin is justifiable? Either way, vagueness doesn't help town.

There's also the fact that his vote was pretty much just random. He's made some comments about other players, but his vote is on Silent_Interim, and there's no reasoning given for that specific vote. He provides the illusion that he's being helpful and fostering discussion, but he's not actually making votes for anyone who he's implying is suspicious.

And with all that being said, I haven't seen very many actual justifications for Fleeing Coward or Silent_Interim votes beyond "let's make a tie" or " he's not me."
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2016-07-03 at 02:03 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quick correction: FC has 4 votes on him, not 5. You counted him as voting for himself in addition to voting for McGinty.

Other than that it looks like the same numbers I have

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Quick correction: FC has 4 votes on him, not 5. You counted him as voting for himself in addition to voting for McGinty.
    ...Huh.

Welp, fixed it now.

People who have not voted:
    flat_footed, Fortuna, Black Socks, Lex-Kat, Elenna (posted away, at least in my game), Disc Lorde, The-lost-Byte, Eggel, TFT
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2016-07-03 at 02:10 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Wow, I go away for the weekend and so much happens.
    Anyways....oh glorious RNG, bless me with wisdom! And lo, RNG declares..... flat-footed!
    Praised be RNG!
    (tries to think of an appropriate role-playing character for a duck-hunt themed game)
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ed Rolcsid parked his van with a loud pop and a white cloud of exhaust from the tailpipe. The van had what looked like police lights on top, for reasons none of his fellow hunters knew. Ed grabbed his shotgun and got out of the van.

"Hey fellas. Sorry I'm late, I was bringing the van around. What the...Joe's dead? The ducks shot him, you say?" He pumped his shotgun. "Let's get 'em!"

OOC: Wow, this is an active Day 1. Usually Day 1 around here is just randomness and semi-random joke voting.

Pelican, only because I despise randomness. EVERYTHING MUST BE DONE OUT OF SPITE!
    Oh, is that so? Why did no one tell me? In that case, Fleeing Coward for his three-word-posts stunt in April Fools WW.

But seriously. I don't like lynching new players Day 1 unless there's a very good reason, I'd rather let them play some and see how they play. That leaves FC and SI, and SI has been a Day 1 lynch recently.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

There are more than 24 hours left in this day phase. That is more than enough time to lynch someone other than Fleeing Coward or Silent_Interim, neither of which has done anything particularly wolfy.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

'Skull' McShiv, a rough hunter who drove a motorbike, stepped out of the outhouse.

"Yo punks, it's out of- JOE? WHAT THE-"
    Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
    "I'M GONNA KILL THOSE DUCKS!!!"
    klik-klik
    "LET'S DO THIS!!! YAAAA!!!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    There are more than 24 hours left in this day phase. That is more than enough time to lynch someone other than Fleeing Coward or Silent_Interim, neither of which has done anything particularly wolfy.
    That's true. But I don't think that anyone has done anything particularly wolfy yet. Fleeing Coward seems like at least as good a pick as anyone else.

Yes, I know you pinged Meta for poking someone about saying their vote was subject to change. I don't see that as particularly wolfy. It's natural and good for town to poke people about things that seem off. It's not like he tried to use it as justification for a vote.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Colossus in the Playground

Penguinator, since he volunteered.

(Lack of red text indicates not a serious vote-change.)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    Yes, I know you pinged Meta for poking someone about saying their vote was subject to change. I don't see that as particularly wolfy. It's natural and good for town to poke people about things that seem off. It's not like he tried to use it as justification for a vote.
    That's hardly the only reason I pinged him, but whatever. After multiple people have claimed that there are only two real wagons, it's not worth the argument.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Mrs McGinty (3): Ramsus, Elodin, Fleeing Coward
    Silent_Interim (4): Meta, Pelican, Thematthew, Deathslayer7
    Fleeing Coward (4): Libro, Kish, Silent_Interim, ImperatorV
    Elodin (4): Vesth, Aventine, Murska, Penguinator
    Vesth (1): BasketOfPuppies
    Pelican (1): Xihirli
    Murska (1): Mrs McGinty
    Thematthew (1): norman250

SI's post gives me a town-enough vibe for now. Elodin, on the other hand, does not. His vote for McGinty seems much too eager, and although people keep giving the "he's new" excuse, if you read his posts, he never says that he's new to the game of werewolf, he says that he's new here. I'm under the impression that he's played somewhere else, so I'm more willing to lynch him for making a wolfy move. I could be wrong, and this could be his first game. But I don't think so.

I'm also mildly suspicious of Meta. Pinpointing Libro's post seems odd, as Libro's "vote may change" seems like a null-tell. I've seen plenty of people do that, and it's never been a big deal before. Usually Puppies, and I don't remember any games right off the bat where Puppies was actually a wolf.

And I'll be honest, I don't understand what he's saying with this post.

Is he saying that Elodin's wagon on McGinty is justifiable, or that the wagon on Elodin is justifiable? Either way, vagueness doesn't help town.

There's also the fact that his vote was pretty much just random. He's made some comments about other players, but his vote is on Silent_Interim, and there's no reasoning given for that specific vote. He provides the illusion that he's being helpful and fostering discussion, but he's not actually making votes for anyone who he's implying is suspicious.

And with all that being said, I haven't seen very many actual justifications for Fleeing Coward or Silent_Interim votes beyond "let's make a tie" or " he's not me."
    I may not be new to Mafia/Werewolf/SE/DOK but I am new to this meta. You hear that? I am new to this, Meta. :P Anyways, you seem to be pushing for my lynch a bit too strongly. When it turns out that I'm good, you'll look really bad.
    EDIT: MrsMcGinty

EDIT: Also, two votes isn't a bandwagon. That's a ridiculous claim.
    Last edited by Elodin; 2016-07-03 at 03:14 PM.
    I am. -Starsnuffer