1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Duck Season II: Firing Back

Oh. Well then.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    I'm sure I'll find a lot more to say if either Fortuna or thematthew show up today.

Does someone want to reiterate why Elodin is so suspicious? Preferably one of these people:
    Okay, fine. I'm Lookout claiming. My night action was seeing who Elodin targetted with his night action tonight. I was nulled, which I found suspicious. It could mean he's a duck or a mason, but since others read him as duck I took the chance.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I really need more hours in the day.

Elodin, any thoughts on Xihirli's claim?
    In terms of wagons that aren't Elodin or FC, Mrs. McGinty's argument for Black Socks seemed distant. I'm also rather curious about Murska's Libro vote.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

My gut tells me that both Elodin and FC are town though. Hmm....based on that assumption, I'm going to vote for Lex-Kat for claiming FC to be a wolf duck.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Okay, fine. I'm Lookout claiming. My night action was seeing who Elodin targetted with his night action tonight. I was nulled, which I found suspicious. It could mean he's a duck or a mason, but since others read him as duck I took the chance.
    I'm confused. Why would your action being nulled indicate anything about Elodin's alignment?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm confused. Why would your action being nulled indicate anything about Elodin's alignment?
    If Elodin was nulled, he was either nulled by ducks or hunters. Given he was a suspect yesterday, it's likely someone would want to look at him at night. A town nullifier would have wanted information on him, and not nulled him. On the other hand, if he was a duck, and the town suspected he was a duck, then the best course of action for the ducks would be to make sure he isn't found out - so he would be the best target for any scry-blocker type abilities. Unless a hunter thought the ducks might night-kill Elodin and tried to block it... But Elodin was a big target yesterday, if he was not a duck the ducks would want to keep him around to absorb suspicion.

...Granted, this is all very speculative. The only solid reads I have is Murska seems to be town, as does Aventine. I don't really see any obvious wolves, although Fleeing Coward's repeated claims of being deadly to wolves and "you'll find out my role later" seem slightly suspicious. This new claim on Elodin seems pretty sound though, so I'll go with that for now.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Libro myself.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I put the second vote on Fleeing Coward yesterday, randomly, as I said. Elodin had, I believe, three votes at the time. It didn't tie them, nor would I have cast that vote if it had (I would have picked someone with 0 or 1 votes to vote for, had that not accurately described FC).
    I'm not talking about yesterday, I'm talking about today. Today, you put the third vote on Fleeing Coward, which tied Elodin with three and three. Libro had already taken his vote off. Either way, I don't think pressing the issue is worth it.

And... to be perfectly honest... I don't fully understand the implications of Xihirli's claim.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Someone nulled actions being performed on Elodin last night - Baner or Duck equivalent.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, I see. If all things remain the same as they are now I'll probably switch to Elodin before day's end (as I thought I had implied), though I'd like to see Fleeing Coward explain himself more first; I'm pretty inexperienced but "I have a mysterious power that totally means the ducks will be sorry if you don't kill me" looks suspicious as hell to me.

Xihirli is saying that someone protected Elodin from being watched. Could have been random (I have a night power that's random, and generally unlikely to be very useful, though I might get lucky using it--and no, Xihirli, it's not possible that I'm the one who protected Elodin), but if it's not, then it follows that someone didn't want Elodin targeted by night actions. Like scrying. And since they were under suspicion, the ducks had a reason to want to protect them from scrying whereas a hunter baner had no good reason to bane them.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-07-08 at 01:07 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    Libro myself.
    This makes the second time Libro was voted for without any reasoning. That feels to me like the wolves may be trying to get town to abandon a wolf that they're pushing to lynch. So I've a weak wolf lean on DS7 and Murska now.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'll agree that it seems odd that they both switched to Libro with little explanation.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Oh, hello there Elodin wagon, just when I thought you were dead you come roaring back. If anyone is voting for Elodin simply because of the Xihirli stuff, keep in mind that the ducks blocking a reading on him doesn't make him a duck. It just means the ducks don't want us to know what he is.

I don't see how Lex would ever expect to get away with the white-text stunt if she were really up to something. I'd call that unhelpful and anti-town, but not really wolfy.

I am also confused about why people are voting for Murska. He and McGinty have probably been the two most actively wolf-hunting players in the game. Norman, you voted for Murska and asked him to explain his vote, he did, you seemed to accept his explanation but left your vote on him. Why?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Lex-Kat, that vote seems deliberately unhelpful. You threw a vote on the leading wagon with no reasoning other than "because I always do." That is not wolf-finding behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Is there some reason we're ignoring Lex claim FC is a wolf?
    White text mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Also highlighting: Lex-Kat just said that she knows that Fleeing Coward is a duck. Is there a reason not to kill Fleeing Coward today, and kill Lex-Kat tomorrow if it turns out FC is a hunter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesth View Post
    My gut tells me that both Elodin and FC are town though. Hmm....based on that assumption, I'm going to vote for Lex-Kat for claiming FC to be a wolf duck.
    There is another reason I was trying to press the FC lynch. Mostly because I know for a fact that he can't be lynched this day. He is under my protection.

Please consider that I'm not the best player at the beginning of a game. Nor am I all that good at the end game. I usually mess up somewhere, some how. And it looks like I did it right at the start, this time. But I will say lynching me is a waste, let the wolves do it for you. Yes, this is a claim. And if we lynch Fleeing Coward, you'll have your proof that I am what I suggest I am.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2016-07-08 at 02:19 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #195
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kish, my "suspicious" comment drew a total of 7 night actions against me if my watcher is telling the truth. I already got claims from a few of them and would be open to hearing from the rest.

Even if we ignore my power which as I've mentioned is provable if needed, the reason you don't lynch me is because there's a good chance I'll have half the town networked by day 4 if the wolves don't try to remove me or bluff their way into the network.

@Lex: If you're claiming Day Baner, lynching me today would just be a waste of a day of information gathering
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2016-07-08 at 02:28 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Oh, hello there Elodin wagon, just when I thought you were dead you come roaring back. If anyone is voting for Elodin simply because of the Xihirli stuff, keep in mind that the ducks blocking a reading on him doesn't make him a duck. It just means the ducks don't want us to know what he is.

I don't see how Lex would ever expect to get away with the white-text stunt if she were really up to something. I'd call that unhelpful and anti-town, but not really wolfy.

I am also confused about why people are voting for Murska. He and McGinty have probably been the two most actively wolf-hunting players in the game. Norman, you voted for Murska and asked him to explain his vote, he did, you seemed to accept his explanation but left your vote on him. Why?
    Because he offered his explanation in the same post as he switched his vote to Libro with no explanation what so ever.
    Also I have no better targets, really.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    There is another reason I was trying to press the FC lynch. Mostly because I know for a fact that he can't be lynched this day. He is under my protection.

Please consider that I'm not the best player at the beginning of a game. Nor am I all that good at the end game. I usually mess up somewhere, some how. And it looks like I did it right at the start, this time. But I will say lynching me is a waste, let the wolves do it for you. Yes, this is a claim. And if we lynch Fleeing Coward, you'll have your proof that I am what I suggest I am.
    I'd like to point out that everything you're suggesting right now is even less helpful.

You're not actively hunting for wolves, you actively want town to waste a lynch which is their only weapon against the wolves (unless we have a vigilante, which I'm personally not) and considering that there's a dead Wolf Day-Baner in my game that's running right now, getting you "cleared" as a day-baner does not even mean that you're town.

I'm going to switch to Black Socks, partially in the interest of having a lynch, because failing to lynch Fleeing Coward will give us no information, and partially because I find him oddly aggressive in his pursuit of Fleeing Coward.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone want to do a voting tally? Because I too do not want to waste lynches and get a no lynch.

Not the best at early game indeed.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Count I have is:
    Elodin - 4
    FC - 3
    Black Socks - 3
    Murska - 2
    Libro - 2
    Norman - 1
    Eggel - 1
    Lex - 1

No guarantees I didn't miscount, and I'm feeling too lazy at the moment to go back and carefully count again.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eggel View Post
    Murska, care to explain your vote for Libro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Mostly tone. I like people who are proactive about pressuring people and gathering information, I dislike hesitancy and appearance of weakness in thought or action.
    Do you people really think that's a wolf-tell? Or are you just voting for something you think is confusing, not something you think is scummy?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I'd like to point out that everything you're suggesting right now is even less helpful.

You're not actively hunting for wolves, you actively want town to waste a lynch which is their only weapon against the wolves (unless we have a vigilante, which I'm personally not) and considering that there's a dead Wolf Day-Baner in my game that's running right now, getting you "cleared" as a day-baner does not even mean that you're town.
    I agree with this, actually, it would be ridiculous to waste a day's lynch on proving a day-baner, it's like giving the wolves a free-night kill.

Do you people really think that's a wolf-tell? Or are you just voting for something you think is confusing, not something you think is scummy?
    I'll be 100% honest, that (confusing vs. wolf-tell) is the exact reason for my point.

As for Black Socks, could people speak more to why they find him suspect? So far McGinty's post seemed to just be concerned that he made a few RP/Host-Question/Non-Pointing posts. Are we really going to lynch someone just because not all their posts were lynch related?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    As for Black Socks, could people speak more to why they find him suspect? So far McGinty's post seemed to just be concerned that he made a few RP/Host-Question/Non-Pointing posts. Are we really going to lynch someone just because not all their posts were lynch related?
    It's more that none of their posts were helpful information related.

Don't sacrifice a lynch day for proof of a claim. There's enough power going around.

Xihirli, do you know for certain it was a baner action that nulled you or are you extrapolating. It could be something like a jailer, but generally I thought banes don't prevent information roles from functioning.

Black Socks does seem to be coasting whereas Elodin is not so much.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    It's more that none of their posts were helpful information related.

Don't sacrifice a lynch day for proof of a claim. There's enough power going around.

Xihirli, do you know for certain it was a baner action that nulled you or are you extrapolating. It could be something like a jailer, but generally I thought banes don't prevent information roles from functioning.

Black Socks does seem to be coasting whereas Elodin is not so much.
    I only know that my action was nulled.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    I'll be 100% honest, that (confusing vs. wolf-tell) is the exact reason for my point.

The key thing is that his posts feel like they contain an attempt to appear active and helpful without feeling like they contain true intent to help Town hunt scum.

I only know that my action was nulled.
    This might, in a game like this, mean a lot of things.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm exceedingly sorry for my lack of activity in this game - not that it's a particularly unusual lack on my part, but I've spent fourteen of the past twenty-four hours asleep and most of the rest exhausted. For now I will follow Murska's lead in voting for Black Socks and then roll over and go back to sleep, hopefully to take an active part in tomorrow.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    We need a target other than Elodin. He's the "easy" lynch today which means he's almost certainly not the right one.
    Based on the current bandwagon ties, I have to go for Black Socks.

Murska and DS7, I'm still curious about your votes for Libro.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

I like people following my lead to vote for people I am not voting for. Not that I disagree with the target necessarily.

I dislike people asking me to explain something I've already explained, twice.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I just found your explanation, Murska. Whoops.

Then it's just Deathslayer7.

29. - Top - End - #209

I dislike people asking me to explain something twice.
    Care to explain why you don't like the free flow of information?

I have been and will be a little busier going through this weekend, but I welcome pokes looking for my opinion on anything.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

30. - Top - End - #210

Specifically, I was curious to see which people would be willing to join a bandwagon, how they would justify it and, even more interestingly, which people would steer off of it without actually challenging it directly.
    Am I bait for this^ strategy?

Following my understanding of your strategy, I'll poke Deathslayer7 for an explanation.
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2016-07-08 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Struck through vote