A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Organizations

Finally, the cult's preparations are ready! Soon, nothing with stand in my way!

Organizations! What are they? Well, simply put they are groups that a player can join. They have their own backstories, meeting locations, and rules!

Usually how they work is that the player has to pay an entry fee or tax, and then they earn points for doing tasks for the organization or having abilities that make them better suited members. These point are use to calculate the player's rank, and each rank gives small bonuses.

For example, the Paragnostic Assembly gives more points for handing over new discoveries and having so many ranks in different knowledge skills. As you rank up, you get bonuses to researched skill checks and similiar bonuses.

Don't make an entry without first having permission. As such, please make sure to leave your permission as a post in this thread, or the permapermissions thread.

Permapermissions thread here.

Requests

Organzations

The Poinsettia Order (Red Fel) [Yes, I know Snow already has it linked in the OP.)
    The Songspun Brotherhood (illyahr)
    Exemplars of Altruism (Thealtruistorc)
    Occulta Ludum (unseenmage)
    The Free Blades (Elricaltovilla)
    Altova Martrialis (Elricaltovilla)
    The Claws of Io (Draconium)
    The Organization of Teloniuses (Telonius)
    The Gaolers (LoyalPaladin)
    Roots of the World Tree (Jormengand)
    The Half-Breed Republic (Debihuman)
    The Knife Dancers (Lord_Gareth)
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-07-19 at 03:56 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Organizations

Oh look, a shiny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ha, ha!

I see the cult's been busy, as ever.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Alright, I'm going to get the ball rolling here with an organization for Red Fel, since he's permapermissioned.

The Poinsettia Order
    We will do anything, for the children

History: The Poinsettia Order was founded after the last great war, as a non-denominational network of orphanages that sprang up to care for the children left bereft of guidance in a cruel and feckless world. Founded by Mother Felicia, a renowned cleric, the Poinsettia Order quickly expanded to encompass orphanages, schools, and family friendly public houses. The Poinsettia Order has become a major political power across the continent, influencing policy, culture and philosophy with their initiatives.

Structure: The Poinsettia Order is a very top down organization. At the very top, the graceful and wise Mother Felicia makes sweeping dictations about the direction, goals and policies of her organization. These policies are enacted by her 37 "petals" who each command the organization within given regions. Most people have little to no interaction with Mother Felicia or her Petals. Instead, they most frequently interact with Headmasters and Headmistresses of the various schools and orphanages that are run by the Poinsettias, or join up with some of the grass roots movements funded and founded by the Order.

Joining: Joining the Poinsettia Order is relatively easy. They only require a dedicated oath to act in the best interest of the the children of the world. For many adventurers this means little change in their day to day activities, save the occasional small tithe. Those more invested in the Poinsettias often swear the Oath of True Loyalty: "I cannot, and shall not, abide by the harming of children. I will not support any action, or through my own inaction allow to come to pass such an action which would, cause harm to the developing hearts and minds of the children of this world."

Many members of the order are former orphans or students themselves, having learned from the Poinsettias at a young age the importance of their duties, and the unimpeachable importance of the motives by which the Poinsettia Order acts. The constant influx of new children ensures that the Poinsettia Order always has a ready supply of young, impressionable minds to mold into ideal, moral adults.

Duties: Members of the Poinsettia Order are tasked with managing initiatives, orphanages and schools run by the Order. At any given time their duties may include teaching a class, locating and evaluating potential adoptive parents or violently dismembering abusive or neglectful parents. In addition to this, they often champion legislation intended to protect children from harm in other ways, such as mandated sexual education (only available at Poinsettia approved schools), the censoring of unacceptable media, revisions of historical acts that are deemed unappealing, harsh laws regarding acceptable treatment of children, setting educational standards, accreditation of schools (accreditation by the Poinsettia Order, naturally), and reallocation of national budgets.

The order takes the protection of all children, whether one of "theirs" or not, very seriously. Unfit parents will be separated from their children, so that those children will not be tainted by the failure of their parents. Child abusers are dealt swift justice, with their children placed in Poinsettia orphanages. Accusations have arisen that indicate those who are politically connected, or are themselves high ranking members of the Order, are often overlooked in these "parental purges," though equally frequently there are accusations of the Order framing or even assassinating nobles in order to separate them from their children.

Perception: While there are some detractors of the Poinsettia Order's methods, in particular some of their educational practices and their treatment of "unfit" parents, no one faults their motivations. Whatever they do, it is clear that the Poinsettia Order does it for the children.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Posting permission.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    I see the cult's been busy, as ever.
    There is always work to be done. Diligence is a virtue, after all.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

There is always work to be done. Diligence is a virtue, after all.
    says the snail god

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Alright, I'm going to get the ball rolling here with an organization for Red Fel, since he's permapermissioned.

The Poinsettia Order
    We will do anything, for the children
    I... wow.

I mean, I was reading this, and I thought, "And here's where we get to the Evil hidden agenda," and then... Nope. It's not the means to an end, it's an end itself, and that end is terrifying. You managed to make me alternately nod with approval and cringe a bit, and that takes talent.

Well done. Frighteningly well done.

I suppose now I have to step up... At some point.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Oh, hello. We're probably gonna get paragnostic assembly MKII, but let's give it a go anyway. Have at you!

EDIT: Unless anyone wants to get meta and stat up the CotCO. Fel, I'm looking at you.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2016-07-01 at 01:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I... wow.

I mean, I was reading this, and I thought, "And here's where we get to the Evil hidden agenda," and then... Nope. It's not the means to an end, it's an end itself, and that end is terrifying. You managed to make me alternately nod with approval and cringe a bit, and that takes talent.

Well done. Frighteningly well done.

I suppose now I have to step up... At some point.
    Y'know, I wanted to put in how they were brainwashing children to raise them as zealots for some kind of plot to take over the world, but then I was like... no, that's too obvious.

I was inspired by some unnamed organizations that started out with a good mission in mind and then got warped by their supporters, and well, this is what lies at the end of that road you pave with good intentions.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

I was inspired by some unnamed organizations that started out with a good mission in mind and then got warped by their supporters, and well, this is what lies at the end of that road you pave with good intentions.
    Correction: What lies at the end of said road is my house. It's rather nice, actually, got a bit of a back yard, main story living, well-lit library. But yeah. Good intentions pave the road to my house.

It's a hell metaphor, that's what I'm going for here.

Hrm. Still thinky. Must thinky harder.

And Jormengand, stop looking at me. Snowbluff, Jormengand is looking at me!
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

And Jormengand, stop looking at me. Snowbluff, Jormengand is looking at me!
    Daw, is the little felkitty scared? :3

Now where is Jorm? He has to learn not to bother the kitty.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Posting permission.
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!
    Company Website: http://lernaeanstudio.com
    PF 3pp Subreddit I Mod: r/Pathfinder3pp

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Now where is Jorm? He has to learn not to bother the kitty.
    And you need to learn not to call me he. *Shrugs*.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2016-07-01 at 06:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground

And you all need to learn the glory of the Illven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

*Looks at Illven as well as Red Fel.*

*Looks at everyone. Yes, even you.*

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Stop that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    And you need to learn not to call me he. *Shrugs*.
    Oh... uh... sheeeee...?
    You're going to have to make that visible on your little identity blurb. Mine is left blank, but it can be useful.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

..I was going to say this should be good (not in terms of alignment), but with one Organization it already is.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

Oh... uh... sheeeee...?
    You're going to have to make that visible on your little identity blurb. Mine is left blank, but it can be useful.
    I don't feel that any of the gender markers fit me. For some reason, they decided to call the gender-neutral marker "Intersex" even though sex isn't gender. *Shrug*.

TBH I prefer she to he anyway, though.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh... uh... sheeeee...?
    To be fair it is directly in their sig to use non gendered pronouns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..I was going to say this should be good (not in terms of alignment), but with one Organization it already is.
    Tell me about you Xuldi

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Tell me about you Xuldi
    Tell you about me?

Within the framework of D&D and Pathfinder;

I am fond of D&D's Far-Realm, the Shattered Night, the Plane of Shadows, and the Plane of Blood.
    I am fond of Pathfinder's Shadow Plane, Abyss (both within it and the outer shell), and Dark Tapestry.
    I like Pathfinder's interpretation of the Kyton.
    My favorite patrons within Pathfinder are Sifkesh, Yog-Sothoth, and Zon-Kuthon.
    My favorite patrons within 3.5... Well, I always been one for the Elder Evils (with and without caps), even more than the burning hatred.

Favorite books within D&D or PF? Heroes of Horror, Tome of Magic, and Elder Evils. Though I do rather like the Vashar as introduced in BoVD, and have pondered about their hybrids in the form of Aasimar and Half-elves.
    Outside of D&D, I am rather fond of the works of H.P. Lovecraft and Michael Moorcock, not that I am an avid reader to my own regret.

Though, speaking of races, I take pride in my creation of the Alloprax, both in the depiction of 3.5 and Pathfinder.. and even how I decided they would be for 5e. (Far Realm planetouched, Dark Tapestry touched humanoids, and Far Realm-Touched elves from the opening of the vast gate respectively).

I enjoy alignment discussions and discussions about unothodox faiths, namely followers of entities of madness or malevolence.
    Heresy is something I revel in, or at least find hilarious.
    Madness is amusing.
    The occult is interesting.
    Yet I have a moral compass.

I cling to one concept, but grow bored and wander to another, only to return at some later point as if it were something new to me, only to remember I had been in that realm before.

These forums.. more and more I just drift about, posting on a random thought but typically just watching. Often I feel I've nothing worth saying, and when I do say something and look back at times I question myself, what was I thinking at the time or if I remember saying it at.

And now I feel I've rambled on for long enough.
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2016-07-01 at 09:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... I have a few ideas bouncing around for this, but nothing concrete yet. I'll get back to you on them.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground

Finally, one that snags my attention. Posting permission; bonus points for doing it as a Tradition, martial or otherwise - though you'd have to write new rules for a non-martial one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

The Songspun Brotherhood
    Let the music set you free.
    (illyahr)

History: The Songspun Brotherhood has been around for about three centuries. They were originally formed by Travelsten Eversong, talented bard and high priest of the god Illyahr, and they quickly grew to spread across the lands. Now, one can hardly enter a tavern without meeting at least one member of this order, whether you know of them or not.

Structure: The Brotherhood is an extremely loose organization. They have no formal leader, nor do they officially hold meetings. Instead, it is up to the individual members to find new potential members and induct them. If several members of the Brotherhood come together, they tend to either work as equals, or the oldest will become an unofficial leader of sorts while they remain together, out of respect for their experience. However, all members of the Brotherhood can be identified by a pin or clasp int he shape of a harp with leathery wings, worn somewhere on their clothing.

Joining: One does not seek out the Brotherhood. Instead, if you have the potential to be a member, an already existing member will observe you and see if you are fit to join. If you are, they will approach you and offer you membership. Upon accepting, you are required to take the simple Songspun Oath: "I swear to bring the gift of music, the arts, and joy to the people, and to enforce creativity and freedom against those who would suppress."

Duties: The Songspun Brotherhood's main duty is to the people. They are tasked to spread joy to the populace, usually through a creative expression of an art form, music being the most common. They are to encourage those wishing to go down a similar road of creativity, giving constructive criticism and allowing them to grow as artists. However, the Brotherhood is staunchly opposed to tyrants, slavers, and those that would trample personal freedom and creativity. It is not unheard of for members of the Brotherhood to assist rebellions against such people, in one form or another.

Perception: Many government leaders, even those on the side of Good, view the Brotherhood with some extent of disfavor. They see them as lazy and carefree at the best, and anarchists at the worst. However, most of the general population holds them in high favor, as it is for them the Brotherhood performs their songs and protects their freedoms.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi there! This looks fun. I'll get on it when I feel like it.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Do you mean organizations, or Affiliations? I quite like the Affiliation rules and would love to see some, but I don't think that's actually what you're going for. Affiliations include ranking and benefits, as introduced in PHB2 and used extensively in Complete Champion (including the mentioned Paragnostic Assembly), with a couple more lost in other books.
    Last edited by Fizban; 2016-07-03 at 04:21 AM.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Do you mean organizations, or Affiliations? I quite like the Affiliation rules and would love to see some, but I don't think that's actually what you're going for. Affiliations include ranking and benefits, as introduced in PHB2 and used extensively in Complete Champion (including the mentioned Paragnostic Assembly), with a couple more lost in other books.
    I dont see why the Organizations here couldnt have Affiliations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd say the primary focus is the flavor and details on an organization that befits a GitP Regular.

That being said, if the one writing it up or another individual wants to add affiliation rules it wouldn't be unreasonable to give it a shot.