New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Post GURPS World Building

So, very recently, my friends and i began exploring GURPS 4E. Now, i had this really interesting idea to have all my players and myself create the world as a group, now, something i was really hoping for some help with is that i tasked all of them with creating a race of beings, and also the creation of a country/city-state/culture of their own. The problem i am experiencing thus far is that there do not appear to be any guidelines for this, so i run into problems of them not knowing where the boundaries are for this, and although i could not very easily go over every detail of the culture they create, if there was at least some sort of guideline system for this sort of thing, it would make my life so much easier, and allow me to only worry marginally at what my players are creating.

TL;DR - Need guideline point system for city creation, any suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: GURPS World Building

What TL/general setting is it? Civilisation has changed hugely over the generations.
    Extended Sig
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: GURPS World Building

There is an excellent GURPS specific forum on the Steve Jackson Games site. I would go there for any GURPS related help you need.

Also, there is a product called GURPS City Stats that might be what you are after, you can get a preview on the Steve Jackson site and see if it's useful before purchasing it.
    Re: 100 Things to Beware of that Every DM Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    93. No matter what the character sheet say, there are only 3 PC alignments: Lawful Snotty, Neutral Greedy, and Chaotic Backstabbing.