New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Implacable Weapon Enhancement

The Implacable weapon Enhancement can be found in Magic Item Compendium.

Am I reading it Right? Do wounds that occur over multiple rounds each have their own duration, or does attacking next round just renew the duration?

For example, We have an Unoptimized Greater Multi Weapon Fighting Thri-kreen who has 16 levels in fighter, and say 30 strength.
    So that means he receives 3 attacks with each weapon. Lets have them all have implacable, and give the main speed.

24/24/24/24/24/19/19/19/19/14/14/14/14/9
    For 14 attacks (Someone check that, I usually don't play classes that actually attack)

Now Assuming each of These hit (Likely the last one will miss, but this is just damage speculation), That means that A creature will take 28 damage a turn for 5 turns.
    If I'm reading this right, this would stack for each turn, and create a progression like this:
    {table="head"]Round|Damage Per Turn
    1|28
    2|56
    3|84
    4|112
    5|140[/table]
    And assuming that you kept hitting Mr Infinite HP Box, you would deal your damage from all those attacks +140 damage/turn correct?

(This Pure Theory, just to make sure I understand this Ability)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Implacable Weapon Enhancement

That's exactly how I'm reading the "multiple wounds are cumulative" clause, however just one successful heal check or cure spell will stop all of them at once.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)