Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 117
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Your instructions were clear: Travel to the Crossing Inn, located a short ride east of the town of Phlan, with a proverbial ear to the ground. With plans to liberate Phlan underway, vigilance is of the utmost importance. Not surprisingly, strange rumors from the areas around Phlan have the faction leaders nervous.
    The trip to the Crossing Inn was uneventful but disconcerting. The air was unseasonably cold even as the height of winter approaches and a strange, unrelenting fog that envelops the area has had other travelers you’ve crossed paths with on edge. Scavenging creatures have been seen in unusual numbers, roaming the edges of the roads. The world just seemed darker.
    The warmth of the Crossing Inn's octagonal common room engulfs you as you enter. Instead of warm smiles, the barkeep and patrons offer suspicious glares—unusual for the inn.
    Although several patrons frequent the inn, all are crowded around a large table in the corner. Everyone seems to be speaking at once, voices teeming with anger and concern. Among the jumbled words you hear some clearly: "filthy Gur", "cursed nomads", and "larcenous and murderous."


    Now, how exactly did all of you get here...?
    Spoiler: Ri only
    Show
    Zern Xerkstil, leader of the Moonsea division of the Order of the Gauntlet has tasked you with a mission to show your worth. This mission is that you act as reconnaissance from the outskirts of Phlan, that way you can make sure that no foul beings can strengthen the Maimed Virulence's already considerable army. You should also make sure that the problems in the area are fixed so that they do not expand and create problems for the whole area. Not only that but this mission is one that all of the factions must join in on, which means that it is important to promote inter-party unity so that way you can unite against all of the evil that threatens Faerun. Zern also tasked you on making sure that the Orcs in the nearby region of Thar do not get too powerful. For they have been kidnapping prisoners and sabotaging militia trade lines, weakening the strength of the hamlets around Phlan, who are in dire need of protection during Vorganshrax's tyrannical rule. You have been told that you should aim to hinder the orcs' progress if possible (i.e. recapturing stolen weapons and armor, freeing prisoners, etc...); however, the orcs are strong so Zern recommended that you simply get in and then get out, do not dally too much. That is when you set off for the Crossing Inn, and met up with the other faction agents and mercenaries that were hired to help the cause.


    Spoiler: Hofkah and Athon
    Show
    Seranolla the Whisperer, leader of the Moonsea division of the Emerald Enclave has tasked both of you with a mission to show your worth. This mission is that you act as reconnaissance from the outskirts of Phlan, that way you can make sure that no abominations of nature can strengthen the Maimed Virulence's already considerable army, since the green dragon already has a corrupting influence on nature it is your job to make sure that his corruption does not spread too far, and to stop it when possible. You should also make sure that the problems in the area are fixed so that they do not expand and create problems for the whole area. Not only that but this mission is one that all of the factions must join in on, which means that it is important to promote inter-party unity so that way you can unite against imbalances to nature in Faerun.

    Seranolla also tasked you on making sure that relations between the hag Jeny Greenteeth are not destroyed. Jeny Greenteeth is a very powerful hag that is the protector of the Quivering Forest, a forest full of fey creatures (and wood elves who live in a city called Greenhall). Sadly, relations went sour when a couple things happened, first, many years ago, the son of the lord protector of Phlan (Talaric Daoran) was foolhardy and took a group of woodcutters to chop down trees in the quivering forest, breaking an ancient pact with Jeny and the Lord Protector a long time ago where Jeny would offer protection to the people of Phlan as long as they didn't trespass on the Quivering Forest's land, or do anything to harm it. This pact was broken, but luckily Jeny understood that it was an isolated incident so she offered the same deal a couple years in the future, but with a much darker penalty (as well as simply walking over the line into the Quivering Forest broke the pact), the darker fey of the Quivering Forest would aid the next evil that tried to take over Phlan (there had been many). Fast forward to a couple years ago, when a simple woodcutter acidentally ventured a bit too far trying to cut down a tree (the tree is always larger in the magically enchanted forest ). The pact was broken, but relations were saved when a group of adventurers managed to persuade Jeny that this would never happen again, making relations very strained but stable. However, a deal was a deal so the dark fey aided Vorgansharax and the Cult of the Dragon with taking over Phlan (some believe this was why he has been able to hold it in fact). Because the Enclave does not want another event like this to occur they've tasked you with trying to improve relations. The pact has been broken so non-fey are allowed to wander around the Quivering Forest now, albeit with strange looks from the creatures that live there. So you headed out and met up with your new comrades


    Spoiler: Lander only
    Show
    The sign was clear, reconnaissance work on the Moonsea, pays well, future job opportunities, adventurers required. Seeing that seemed like a decent way to make money, you contacted the name written on the poster: "Chaab" and from there you found a man with dark clothing identifying himself as "Chaab" when he described the job. You would be working with other adventurers in order to make sure that nothing terrible happens around the Crossing Inn. He then offered a suitable amount once your time was over (he didn't say the number, just that it was "adequate"). So you headed out and met up with your new comrades.


    Spoiler: Cryvin only
    Show
    Olisara Lightsong, leader of the Moonsea division of the Harpers has tasked you with a mission to show your worth. This mission is that you act as reconnaissance from the outskirts of Phlan, that way you can make sure that no evildoers can strengthen the Maimed Virulence's already considerable army. You should also make sure that the problems in the area are fixed so that they do not expand and create problems for the whole area. Not only that but this mission is one that all of the factions must join in on, which means that it is important to promote inter-party unity so that way you can unite against all of the evil that threatens Faerun, that sadly includes the evil Zhentarim (Olisara tells you grudgingly). Olisara also tasks you with helping out a current contact there, Aya Glenmir. She tells you that Aya is a powerful mage who has been working on making magical items for the cause, as well as identifying interesting aspects of the strange going-ons around Phlan. Your job is to help her in any way that you can. She is a vital agent to the Moonsea section of the Harpers.


    So, I would like a quick introduction when you're on the road as well as what happens when you reach the inn.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    The chilly wind has soured the halfling's mood but still the travel on a farmer's cart has left him rested and full of wind, enough to carry him right up that table of theirs.

    Well, maybe not just like that. I recall there was a bit of climbing and wheezing involved. But when the patrons of this establishment were obviously conscious of strangers so, it was the rightmost thing to be a stranger no longer.

    "Hail, damsels and monsieurs!" he straightened on the tip of the desk, his backpack remained safely to lay in a corner.

    Right then he paused, meeting square the gazes he gathered from the crowd.

    "I'm Ri and though I'm small I am the emissary of the Gauntlet, so lay your problems right there at my feet."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ri's trying to strike that spot where he is funny without being ridiculous. His face is serious but his behaviour invites the patrons to cheer up.
    (1d20+3)[12]

    Also, he have considered being secretive of his reconnaissance mission but decided that keeping it that way will be hard or unlikely so he goes for not being taken seriously instead.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2016-07-05 at 05:38 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    LanderGoes into "The Crossing Inn". Says "A pint, please"
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig


    D&D Alignment history


    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    For Ri but is audible so everyone else can hear:
    The farmers and patrons stare at the small halfling standing on their table as you see their minds begin to take in what you said.
    "Did he jus' say the Order?"
    "So them Gurs be demons?"
    "I knew I shouldna' trusted those filthy lyin' gur."
    "I thought that old Papa cursed the cook, but now tha' must be true. No wonda' they stole the weapons, there tryna' leave us defenseless!"
    "Ya', and another one of them stole that witch's wand, Aya be 'er name or somethin'."
    "I don' want none of this devil stuff goin' on here, the harvest is bad 'nuff as it is wit' the fog n' chill."

    Your statements appear to have riled up some of the patrons, but they did mention certain... interesting going ons around the area.

    For Lander but is audible so everyone else can hear:
    The barkeep looks up at you, his forehead drenched with sweat, obviously not from the temperature. "Oh, a pint, uh, yes I'll get on that right away." He rushes off quickly and returns with your drink; then he continues, clearly trying to vent out his troubles to the stranger who just sat down at his bar: "Sorry, busy day n' all, and I've had to cover the kitchen, what with the cook gettin' cursed. I thought it'd be a good idea to let them in, ya know they promised they'd be helpful, n' they were, what with entertainment, storytellin' even that old one's knowledge in medicine really helped out when Jaime got a bad case of the shivers. Little did I know what was happenin' next. Well it's like my papa always said: 'Give a beggar a bed and he'll repay you with a louse.' Well, if you replace louse wit' ruinin' my establishment n' my reputation as the owner of an inn." He puts his face into his hands. "What's a man to do? I mean, tryna' make a decent livin' out here is tough, n' the factions only accept agents with potential. I just need a way out, away from all a' those gur and their matriarch n' their dirty, rotten, good for nothin' thieving."
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2016-07-06 at 12:25 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    What's a man to do? I mean, tryna' make a decent livin' out here is tough, n' the factions only accept agents with potential. I just need a way out, away from all a' those gur and their matriarch n' their dirty, rotten, good for nothin' thieving.
    Lander finishes pint quickly, and then says: "

    A second pint, please, I've been on the road a long time, and I'm quite parched. Forgive me but I'm new here, so please tell me more. Who or what is a gur and their matriarch"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Thanks for the game. This is AWESOME!
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig


    D&D Alignment history


    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    I'm glad you enjoy it, I try my best to make my games "AWESOME" as you say


    For Lander, but definitely audible so everyone else can hear:
    The barkeep looks up at you, eyes clearly red from tears about losing his source of income. He then continues his lamentations after waddling off to fetch another drink, for both you and him. "Them good for nothin', rotten gur. Why, they stole my buisness from me, they stole from my patrons, they would steal the whole dang world if given the option. They just come in, actin' like they own the whole land, entertainin' ya and whatnot. Bu' then, there's the matriarch. Sybil's tha' name, I only heard her from listenin' in on those traitorous gur. She's tha' one who's tellin' them what to do, but keepin' to herself. Now not only do I hav' to deal with the angry customers since..." He leans in close, like your best friends and he's telling you a secret: "Well, jus' between you and me, I'm not the best of cooks, so they're angry at the quality and tha' idiot merchant over there is tryin' ta' make me pay for his stolen gems. Like I've got the money for tha'. I'm barely meetin' the overhead as it is, what with the food prices spikin' in the area from the lack of harvest. This whole dang year is too cold, and the taxes are too rough, it was hard enough to meet greedy nobles' taxes, but now we hafta' deal with a greedy dragon's? It's gettin' to be too much for me, I've heard that Hillsfar is nice afta' they removed tha' first law of humanity."

    It seems like the barkeep is more interested in talking about his own issues than informing you about these "Gur," but you think you (and some of the party members who have been listening in to the different conversations about the Gur) might have heard of them before...

    For Everyone who has been listening
    Spoiler: DC 9 Intelligence (History)
    Show
    The Gur are a race of humans (like Tethyrian or Damaran) who have a very nomadic and traveler-like lifestyle. They are infamous throughout Faerun for their tendency to steal. It is wise not to trust a gur to watch over your items. So goes the saying: "Never leave a gur alone with your possessions, else they won't be your possessions anymore."
    Spoiler: DC 14 Intelligence (History)
    Show
    The whole superstition about Gur stealing is false, Gur are just as likely to commit crimes of theft as any other race of humans; however, this shunning has brought about certain Gur to fall into the pitfall of their false stereotype.
    Spoiler: DC 19 Intelligence (History)
    Show
    The Gur are actually closely related members to another race of nomadic travellers, the Vistani. In fact they are confused for the other quite often. Vistani are not commonly seen anywhere really, but they are most known for their ability to travel across dimensions, and have the gift of second sight (a skill that certain Gur might still have in their bloodline).
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2016-07-06 at 01:55 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Cyrvin has been eyeing the crowd for a while, leaning on a wall, listening amidst the chaos. He then inconspicuously asks one of the patrons by the big table about what's been going on.

    "Is everyone alright? Have any of the factions done something about these Gurs that have been mentioned?"

    Spoiler: History check
    Show
    (1d20)[10]
    Last edited by Panzo; 2016-07-06 at 02:55 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzo View Post
    Cyrvin has been eyeing the crowd for a while, leaning on a wall, listening amidst the chaos. He then inconspicuously asks one of the patrons by the big table about what's been going on.

    "Is everyone alright? Have any of the factions done something about these Gurs that have been mentioned?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Did Lander hear Cyrvin speak?
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig


    D&D Alignment history


    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Athon had enjoyed traveling with the druid, Hofkah, unsure if the feeling was mutual though. The barbarian learned some of the larger world he'd only glimpsed from tree lines and he'd spoken of his clan and their traditions, occasionally struggling to find the words to express just what it all meant but proud of their resilience and honor.
    He still felt a quiet dread that he would encounter so many outsiders and that they might not respect nature as the enclave members he had met so far did.
    A question had been hovering on his tongue since he met the dragonborn and he felt he must ask before they were among others "You value the balance but will you truly oppose this Vorgansharax, you are of a kind, yes?"
    Last edited by coffeegoblin; 2016-07-07 at 03:04 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    For Cyrvin but everyone can hear:
    The patron who you spoke to gets up and says: "I don' know where you been livin' dragonkin, but here, you'd be lucky if you was to even meet a faction agent. They don' even care 'bout us folk no more, it's jus' all about them adventurers, and heroes. You'd think that even the harpers, might fly down from their perch and help, but no. Things have been going to heck and where are they?" He asks the room: "Where are them factions m' friends! They say they'd help us, but where are they? That halflin' is the closes' thing we' seen to an agent since we was kicked ou' of Phlan, mind you, by adventurers." He definitely seems riled up by the absence of the factions; however, you know better.

    Spoiler: If you're a member of a faction:
    Show
    You know that ever since Phlan was taken over by Vorgansharax the factions had their resources stretched to a minimum. The elemental cults in Mulmaster made that even more of an issue, along with the demons of Hillsfar. The factions' strength is great, but not even they have the ability to be in every single location all at once, especially when their power was needed elsewhere.
    To summarize, this guy doesn't fully know what he's talking about, he's just riling up the inn against the factions.


    Unless you state otherwise in your IC, always assume that everything is audible to the rest of the party, so yes Lander did hear Cyrvin's comment.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Cyrvin leans in real close and whispers quiet enough for only that one patron to hear, "My friend, just because you haven't seen them around does not mean they are not there. I'm sure the Harpers have heard your call for help, they just simply prefer to stay hidden." He then discreetly reveals a shiny little pin bearing the Harpers' logo attached to the inside of his vest. "Heard it loud and clear" *wink* "Sorry we're late, now tell me, where are the Gurs settled and are they associated with the dragon over in Phlan? Oh and please, let's keep this between us."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Spoiler: Cyrvin Only:
    Show
    The once-brazen man looks at the pin and then back up at you and then whispers: "Oh... Uhhhhh. Well, I mean, I, I don't think so, though they might be knowing that they're rotten stealers. The Gur all ran off wit' their stolen goods tho' so I doubt you'd be able to find nothin'. All I seen is the Gur women come in somtime' while the other one's would listen to what she was to say and then scamper back to entertainin' us, man what fools we were. What wit' them stealin' the wand off that mage, the gems from that merchant, the weapons from tha' militia, and cursin' the cook and stealin' herbs from the inn! Though, uh... Can I, can I sit down now?" He asks a tinge of fear in his voice.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2016-07-06 at 10:52 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Hofkah

    The coppery-skinned dragonborn was clearly an extrovert fellow, his rough deep voice and toothy grin constrasting with him being always on a rather good humour and talkative about the few places he lived on - while still being somewhat discreet about some whos and whys - and sometimes even maybe overstepping a personal space and the fact that the two just got to know each other when coming up with silly jokes and pranks upon his fellow springwarden.

    Just before the two reach the inn they've been aiming for during the journey, the dragonborn looks over his shoulder at the elf's question with an offended expression, quickly replying "Oh! And just because someone has a little bit of scales over themselves and maybe has some love for a bit of coin or two on their hoard, you say we're all the same?! You elves are so typical!", holding that expression for just a moment longer, the dragonborn breaks into laughter, slapping his knees, "Hahahaa! Worry not, friend. I'll wager we'll both know a little bit more about dragons when this journey is over, but rest assured, we have nothing in common, that green-scaled knave and I.", briefly placing an assuring - rather heavy and clawed, but assuring - hand over the elf's shoulder and turning back towards the door.

    Entering the inn just as one of the patrons complains about the factions, the dragonborn proudly grins, letting the man finish his speech before humbly nodding and speaking, "Do not worry! For you may yet count these powers that seek to defend our world among your allies. Not all is lost." the dragonborn pulls yet another chair near the already crowded table and sits with a friendly expression, "Tell me, friends, what exactly has been going on in this area aside from all the... dragon business?", he sits there, squinting his eyes and looking at the others around him, as if ready to take notes.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 2016-07-06 at 11:16 AM.
    Hofkah, the Earth Worker (Dragonborn Druid 1)
    Ffermwyr, the White Lion (High Elf Ranger 3)

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    For Hofkah, but is audible so everyone can hear:
    Seeming to have been calmed down after their exclamation when Ri introduced himself to the farmers and other patrons at the table. At this point one farmer (not the man who was talking fervently to Cyrvin, he looks shaken up now) speaks to both Hofkah and Ri. "Well ya' see, down here there's normally not too much goin' on other than th' 'casional bar fight with 'couple a' men who're too drunk to run, bu' then Romsan over there," The farmer points at the barkeep. "Decided it would be a marvelous, nah beautiful idea ta' let in some of those thievin' folk. Wouldncha' know it when suddenly we folk wake up to find that our stuff is gone and our memories r' hazy. It be gettin' harder and harder to live down here as well. The herders be sayin' that their animals be actin' uneasily, n' some a' them be droppin' off from the cold." The farmer then looks around as if something from outside the inn is going to attack him, but then he shudders and continues, but a bit quieter: "N' sometimes, I see shapes th' fog, not humanoid shapes, na' like big hulkin' shapes, bu' then the fog clears n' they're gone..."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    "Oh my... I'm sorry my good man, I did not intend to seem intimidating, I just wanted to ask some questions. Please, sit." Cyrvin gently pushes the patron down by his shoulders onto a stool and then grabs another one for himself. Still leaning in close and whispering, something was mentioned that caught his attention. "There we go, nice and comfy. Oh uh, if I heard that correctly you said a mage had her wand stolen? Do you know where this mage went by any chance?"

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    For Cyrvin, but everyone can hear (at least what's not in spoilers):
    The man looks up at you again, partially relieved by your statement, but still a bit afraid of the person he just unknowingly insulted. "Oh, Aya? Well, she should be in her room doing the elf meditating thing or whatever..." He is suddenly cut off by the voice of a woman, and you wheel around and you see an elven woman probably in her 300s who displays the trappings of an arcanist and seems to be enjoying the company of a small furry creature perched on her shoulder. "I am right here Hanzo, and in fact I do believe that I need to speak with you Cyrvin." She says as she puts her right arm out to shake yours and...
    Spoiler: Cyrvin only:
    Show
    In doing so you feel her impart something on your palm, it's a harper pin!
    She then leans forward and begins to whisper in your ear:
    Spoiler: Cyrvin only:
    Show
    "I wanted to pass on one bit of information. I talked to the Gur you pursue. I don't have the same superstitious beliefs as the locals here. To me, the Gur seemed just as scared as the rest of us by the changes in the area, maybe even more so as if they know what's going on. I am not sure what they are playing at, but they might know some important secrets. Treat them well, and they maybecome important allies. So, if you are going after them, which you should, watcher, do not kill them, instead bring them back so that they can be tried fairly and justly, and so that we can discover more information about the the changes occuring to this area, because I assure you these changes are not natural."
    She then moves back, winks at you and says not whispering anymore: "And yes, you should probably tell our newfound comrades what I told you. Even though you've been trained to work alone, there is safety in numbers, no?" She says as she then winks and flashes you a smile.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Ri's head swivels around like a turret tracking every speaker in turn. The halfling is quite overwhelmed trying to sift through the chatter but keeps a poker face on. He wishes there was a chalkboard to put the things in order.

    "All right, all right!" he raises a hand to slow the locals. Having jumped down he starts to pace the room ticking off on his fingers.
    "Shapes in the fog. Thieving Gur that make your head hazy. Demons and cursed cook. Stolen wands. Bar fights. Animals getting cold."

    That's when the elven princess enters. Or a witch. Or whatever she was, she made him gasp. That's how the half a man stays, gaping, while she leans over one of Cyrwin's horns and whispers.

    "I think I got the gist of it" he manages to say while the list he's been making swiftly evaporates through his ears.

    Turning back to where most patrons have gathered he raises his voice a notch. "Your troubles are many! But with your official support I'm sure we'll put an end to them in no time. To vanquish the evil Gur and their demons it might take more than one halfling though. It's time to organize a war party, a band of volunteers, a fist to squash the head of evil and corruption before it rides the cellars and leaves us with nothing to drink!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Charisma: (1d20+3)[14] - trying to make the speech subtly humorous but contagious

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC For Ri
    Show
    By the way, the presence of an order of the gauntlet agent normally means some kind of absolute evil, i.e. demons, devils, yugoloths, undead, etc... So the patrons assumed that your presence meant that the gur were demons, I apologize if that wasn't clear.


    At your statement about crushing the evil gur most of the patrons cheer, but the elven princess whose face you were watching opens aghast, and that is when you...
    Spoiler: Ri Only:
    Show
    Hear a voice. Though you are unsure of the source... You look around but nobody is moving their mouth, but you can hear it in your mind! It says in a beautiful melodic elven voice: "The gur are not our enemies zealous chevall (how she knows of your gauntlet rank you know not). Though they have stolen, I do not believe their actions to be of ill intent, more on survival. You will excuse me if I use this method of communication, but I do believe that it is more effective as to not upset the more superstitious patrons of this inn, no?" It is then when you realize the elven archaist has retreated to the corner of the room with her furry companion and she has her hand to her head and appears to be concentrating on something, could this be her speaking to you? The voice then continues: "At any rate, you must understand, I do believe that the gur should pay for their crimes, but I wholeheartedly assure you that they are not evil. I spoke to them on more than one occasion during their brief stay at the crossing inn, and while that young one stole my newest magic item creation, I do not believe that he did that because he wanted it, more that he... needed it. You see, when I talked to them they seemed scared, of what I know not, simply that I believe they have knowledge that we require. I am not entirely sure what they're playing at with all of the thieving and whatnot, but they could possibly know some important secrets. Recover them and treat them well, for we may find allies in them. I know that you would never dare kill an innocent person, much less a child, so please, Rithkakatchanka, do not kill these gur." She then opens her eyes and continues: "I have left this telepathic field up so you may now ask any questions your inquisitive halfling mind has." She smiles sweetly at you.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Getting the right reaction from the crowd the halfling took a breath in, deciding whether to ask the locals for the monetary support first or whether to sweep the tavern enlisting philanthropic enthusiast, when something stopped him in his tracks. He put his hands to his ears, then plugged them with his fingers, then seemed to listen to something. Finally he put a finger up, denoting a thought, and went to dig in his backpack.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Of course, my fair lady, he thought back, secretly awed by the elven attention but too practical to dwell on it, I would be the last person to presume that the gur or anyone else for that matter is evil without a proper and thorough investigation. But not all minds are as enlightened or as steadfast as yours is. We simple folk enjoy the clear-cut thruths and simple goals. So my presumption is that it's better to start and go in a wrong direction than go exactly nowhere.

    From his knapsack Ri digs a scrap of parchment and a bit of charcoal. "So here is what I'm gonna do!" he comes around, displaying these artefacts. "I'm gonna write right here, there, of anyone who's gonna help the cause of putting the brazen thiefs in their place. Those names will be a stuff for a song and will serve as the building block on which a fist of vengeance we'll build.
    Who'll be the first, the cornerstone of this venture?
    " he eyed the patrons expectantly.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So, with maybe too much flair, Ri tries to talk the tavern patrons into sponsoring the adventure.
    Another Charisma roll coming. (1d20+3)[9]

    Waiting for the villagers to respond he continues, directed at the arcanist, his stream of thought
    The way some folks look, they're not here to examine the cattle stock. A shot in the dark, but I wondered maybe they'll want to form a band. Think that a bad idea, my flower princess?
    At the end he let himself be a bit blunt. After all, it's she who was in his head.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    For Ri, but everyone can hear:
    At Ri's mention of joining up in a band the mob mentality is lost when the farmers realize that they would have to venture out into the really, really cold and dark unknown. The inn goes quiet, some crickets even chirp in the distance. Most of the villagers look at each-other in confusion as if waiting for everyone else to go before them. That is when...
    Spoiler: For Ri only:
    Show
    You hear the pleasant voice again: "As much as I admire your fervent desire to have commoners fight for you, I would like to warn you that I'm not sure that the Gur will be found so easily. I've done my best to identify what I can, but in the end it may be time to reexamine your approach. The farmers can help with clearing up the situation, after all they were there for most of it, but when it comes down to it I do not think they would be as capable as you in a battle. At any rate, if you are trying to conduct some kind of venture to retrieve the stolen objects as well as the Gur I might as well tell you what I know. It began last night when I was enjoying the company of this inn's finest wine. The gur family was working for the inn at that point so I remember that the youngest Gur, Hricu was his name, served me drinks and sadly, I believe he put something in it. After that my memory becomes foggy but I woke up to find my wand gone and the gur had left. I immediately checked around to see what had happened and it appeared like my friend ran off into the vanishing hills, for I had heard reports about 'blazing stars falling from the sky' and so that must be where Hricu is. Check there for my wand. As for the gems," She eyes towards a merchant, surrounded by bottles shakily clutching a letter with his head in his elbow, apparently crying. "The gems were being guarded, but they accepted drink during their job by a gur named Rilynin. I cast locate object on the gems, tracing them to the Glumpen Swamp, but the merchant might have more information. Next there was Kekhim, he stole the militia's weapons and armor and ran off with a stolen wagon towards the hills of Thar. However, I fear for him because I've heard reports of a gathering of orcs in the hills of Thar, near the old abandoned fortress of Xul-Jarak. Finally, and the most strangest of cases is the final gur, who was referred to as 'Papa' by his fellows, he stole some herbs and spices from the kitchen, but also apparently cursed the cook. I tried to identify the curse, but I found it to be untraceable, as if it wasn't even there. Papa's tracks were followed by some brave militia members, who have since gone to report the loss to their superiors, but they were found heading into the quivering forest, and with all the suspicion surrounding that place nobody dared to enter. That is all I know, but I hope you can discover what happened to the Gur, along with your fellow heroes. You were, after all sent to make sure everything goes well here in this corner of Phlan, no?"

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Athon tenses and regrets his question at Hofkah's initial response but is relieved and joins him in laughter, another lying joke. These had confused Athon at first but now he enjoyed them, he hoped more outsiders would be as cheerful and open as this one. "Well done, you tricked me successfully again."
    The chill in the air did not bother him but something about this night felt unnatural, he lingered at the door as the druid entered, staring out into the darkness, did he hear movement out in the fog or was it his imagination.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception roll (1D20+2)[14]
    Last edited by coffeegoblin; 2016-07-07 at 04:30 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Silence is a good sign. It's not an outright rejection, it shows the people are considering something.

    "Come on! It's not like I'm asking you to get out and fight! A small contribution will go far to form a band, adventurers aren't cheap, you know?

    You barkeep, can you grant a food and free lodging to those who'll go tomorrow, valiantly, on a quest to save your reputation?

    You, Ha… He… Hanzo, can you offer gold or a weapon enchanted or a healing potion to the heroes who'll come to this hamlet's rescue?

    The problem is only as dire as the lengths you go to solve it. If all you've got is talk then I surmise you have no problem at all!
    "

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yet another Charisma roll, just so that he could fail spectacularly: (1d20+3)[7].

    Ri kept on pressuring the local populace to sponsor the Effort. If they wouldn't, he'll know at least that the village is in no serious trouble.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    When he had to pause he tried to follow the winded speech of the secretive lady.

    She must be getting lonely talking like that in her head, given how eager she was to spill the details even before he had a party to go with. That, or bored and hasty to put her problems on somebody else's shoulder.

    I sure appreciate the details, he thought back, but I'm just one small halfling and my first move would be to gather a larger force here. And that might go better with the local funding.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    "Understood, Lady Aya. Hanzo, was it? Thank you my friend, you have been most helpful and cooperative. Please take this for your troubles." Cyrvin hands the patron 5 gold and then proceeds to follow Lady Aya. He sees that she is in quiet concentration and notices the halfling getting the crowd's attention.

    "Milady, I do not mean to intrude but I have some queries. I suppose you want your wand back but, if you have any magical items or any type of aid you can provide me, I would be most grateful. Also, you told me to look for comrades-- Cyrvin then looks over to the halfling and points in that direction, "I reckon that's one of them?"

    Spoiler: Persuasion check
    Show
    (1d20+6)[7]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Lander Goes up to Ri, taps him on his shoulder, and says "I was told that there's a job
    working with other adventurers in order to make sure that nothing terrible happens around the Crossing Inn. Do you know anything about that?"
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig


    D&D Alignment history


    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    "A job there is, my good man!" Ri cranes his head up to look past the fighter's belt. "A wand with terrible magics was stolen. And a box of priceless gems. And a wagon of armor, no less. Even the cooking utensils are lost, last I've heard! All to the gur's alleged mischief.
    A job there is, but no reward has been negotiated. Professionals will need a hefty pay, I'll say.
    "

    The halfling looks back to the inn's haunters, with gaze alone trying to melt away their reluctance.
    "You there, merchant? What will you put in to get your gems back?"

    Turning back to the fighter and wondering about the color of his skin the halfling bows "I'm Ri, by the way. And you are? I can see you're a man of arms by the looks of you. Interested in putting this trouble at ease? Provided that we get paid, of course."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Spoiler: For Athon Only:
    Show
    The wind rushes past the window as you take a listen and that is when you hear "Athon" float along into the wind. You jump back in surprise only to listen further as the wind stops. You hear nothing else...


    For Ri but everyone else can hear:
    Once again the tavern quiets down a bit as then a person throws in a couple copper, then another and another. You've now accounted to about 1 gold (roughly 20 days pay of farmer coin) in various denomination of copper and silver. Hanzo looks up at your question after pocketing the gold from Cyrvin: "A... A... Magic weapon? By Chaunteau, a magic weapon woul' be a sight indeed. Potion o' healins' are 'ard enough to come by as it is, but a magic weapon, like tha ones of old? I ain't got nothin' here sir." Hanzo says, clearly shocked by your query. Then the barkeep stands up and says:
    "If... It'll get my cook back, and please my patrons. Anyone who goes off wit' that gauntlet halfling gets free room n' board."
    You then head over to the merchant, he looks up at you, obviously drunken and crying he wipes his eyes and looks down to you: "What would I give for my gems? What would I... I'd give anything. Here take my money, this gem deal... If I lost, I'd lose... Sylvia..." He grabs you by your halfling shoulders and shakes you trying to emphasize his speech. "This was my last change god dang it. Save my gems... Please... Please save my gems." His hands drop off and his voice goes to a whisper by the end of his plea for help.
    It is then when...
    Spoiler: Ri only:
    Show
    you hear Aya's voice again, starting with a beautiful laugh: "Hahahaha, you believe that you are alone. I assure you my friend, did those Gauntlet fools not notify you that we now stand as one? I have my agents out looking to help you as well as some members of the other factions. I assure you, you are not alone. In fact one of them, Cyrvin right over here." She eyes a tiefling next to her. "There should be several more around here. Also, as for the reward, have no worry, I have successfully negotiated a fair amount for your actions. One more thing, you must understand, telepathy is something that has come easily to me, in fact it has replaced my voice sometimes..." She chuckles as she says that.


    For Cyrvin but everyone can hear:
    The beautiful elven lady looks up from her concentration. She seems to have been going in and out of concentration repeatedly, emotions flashing through her face, laughter, anger, and joy. She then turns to you as you begin talking to her. "I would not send any watchers or other members in alone with no aid. Though I know you were trained to do so, at this point there is strength in numbers. But, yes, I have been communicating to the halfling, telepathically. I've told him of the exact nature of this gur problem. But not only do you have him as your companion, the zhentarim recruiter has found a strongarm to back you up." She gestures to the human with a large sword on his back. "As well as several Emerald wanderers who are aiding you with their abilities." she gestures to the dragonborn and the wild/wood elf. "Overall, I believe that you should be able to form an excellent well functioning team together. However, in the case things do go south, as well as to answer your other question... Yes, I do have certain things to aid you. Although it is not exactly as potent as my wand I can offer you several potions of healing to help you along your way. I was told to brew one for each of you, but, I decided to throw in an extra one. She hands you a belt full of healing potions (6 potions of healing to be percise). Now go, it appears like your motley crew is beginning to form. I hope that you can recover my item as well as make sure that the Gur are safe and consoled, with the other stolen items returned." She smiles and with a sway of her hips sits back down at her table, smiling at you as she then returns to her drink.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    Ri counts every nib and scratches down the numbers. "Your name?" he asks each and every sponsor.

    "Ah! That will come handy!" he brightens as he sees the healing potions.

    Putting his hands up to catch some attention he solemnly intones.
    "Note this moment! It will be one for a song!
    The kindly patrons of the Crossing Inn have made an Effort and raised a hefty sum of ...
    "
    he checks the scrap of parchment
    "One gold!... to fund a hunt for stolen goods and a pursuit of justice.
    With their blessing and the barkeep's promise of free snacks we'll now assemble a party worthy of legend!
    "

    The halfling nods curtly to the inn dwellers and, throwing a compassionate and reassuring glance at the merchant, strolls to join Cyrvin and Aya.
    "My fair lady" he bows to her formally, "I was indeed of impression that I'm here alone, but I would welcome support and will return it in turn.
    Cyrwin, yes? I'm Ri. Two heads are better indeed than one in solving this cunundrum. Where do you think we should start?
    "
    Turning his gaze back to the elven beauty he adds, "Of the four places you indicated what would be the fastest to reach?"
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2016-07-07 at 08:48 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    For Ri but everyone can hear:
    Aya looks you over as you approach her seated at her table. She claps her hands together twice as a piece of parchment appears and unfurls, old and ancient, Aya then produces a quill from her pocket, snaps her fingers as the quill moves along the parchment, sketching some kind of map of the surrounding areas of Phlan with great skill and attention to detail. Once the quill is finished with its work, Aya mutters some arcane words as color begins to fill it and labels for different places begin to appear... Resulting in:
    She then motions to the remaining members of the motley crew to come over (assuming they do). That is when she addresses all of you.

    For everyone:
    "Greetings, for those of you who do not know me I am Aya Glenmir, arcanist of sorts and aide to your group for now. I have been placed to make sure all goes if you are called on any excursions away from the crossing inn, such as what is happening right now. You see, a family of gur, a race of humans who are mostly nomadic and trible came to the crossing inn, enchanted the patrons, and admittedly, myself, and then stole many of our belongings. However, the important part, which I have told some of your comrades is that the gur seemed to have done this out of necessity, not because of want. I know not why, so because of that they should be apprehended and brought to justice for their deeds, so, try your best not to harm them. Anyway, each of the gur stole something and fled. One, the youngest Gur named Hricu headed off into the Vanishing Hills, another, Rilynin headed off with a box of gems which I have cast locate object on to divine that he has headed off into the Glumpen Swamp. The next one Kekhim ran off with a cart full of wagons, and based off incident reports we've had from his driving skill (or lack thereof) we know that he seemed to be heading towards Thar, and finally the last Gur, Papa headed off into the Quivering Forest. The last one is the greatest problem, you see the Quivering Forest is a massive area, so I'm not entirely sure exactly where he is, and not only that but it has been warded by its protector to not allow any divination spells. So I recommend heading there last." She then nods and asks in a silvery voice: "Any questions, oh great and powerful heroes?"
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2016-07-07 at 10:25 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    "Thank you milady, these will come in useful for this journey. I shall make it my duty to procure your item with my utmost priority." The halfling approaches and introduces himself to the Harpers.

    "Umm actually it is pronounced 'Cyrvin', but yes that is I. A pleasure to meet you, Ri. I had not expected The Order to send one as young and spirited as you are but, it seems that we're both in the same type of mission. I think we should decide as a group on our first venture, but I would like to pursue milady's wand thief, wherever that may be."

    He turns back to Lady Aya, "Which of them took your wand again?"
    Last edited by Panzo; 2016-07-08 at 01:26 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: DDAL4-1 Suits of the Mists [Adventurer's League] [IC]

    He would never admit to fear but anything his axe would not bite into gave Athon pause, it could simply be the good wishes of his clans shaman after all how could the wind, ghost or dark fey know his name. He was not tempted to be outside alone and a faction official of some kind was summoning the potentials, he stood by the map with those there and listened to Aya speak.

    "I am Athon spawn of Artun of the Galena Mountains, it is good to meet you all. If Papa's trail is all we have to find him we should try while it is still fresh, other wise recovering the cart first would help us travel. Has anyone of us recovered stolen good before they might know best?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •