New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Attack on Titan / Shingeki No Kyojin: What's for Lunch?

New Chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it's all hitting the fan. Eren seems to have grown up quite a bit. He actually forgives Reiner. And then he turns into his titian form and starts killing. Of course he did that just as Marley (and the world?) declared war on Paradise Island.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I do hope that Lord Tieber or however you spell it didn't survive that... interested in seeing how this plays out... and when Armin shows himself.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

God Titan its been an entire month, where has all the time gone that its been a month. It hasn't seen like a month, just a few short days and some dreams in between.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Some thematic parallels / foreshadowing in previous Attack on Titan Chapters to the most recent chapter 100

https://imgur.com/a/viWL9

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do hope that Lord Tieber or however you spell it didn't survive that... interested in seeing how this plays out... and when Armin shows himself.
    In all likelihood he's the Warhammer so.. Poor luck.

I wonder what exactly the tech-timeline in this world is.. As in what level were people on during the reign of the eldians. And how much progress was there since then.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

The parallels between Eren and Reiner really give a lot of depth to both characters, IMO. Love this chapter.

So sad that now that Eren has understood that war and vengeance are pointless, the rest of the world will force him to keep waging them. Now I'm expecting a series of "that was all part of my plan!" reversals from both factions.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think that was a kill. While shifters are hard to kill, that kind of damage you need Deadpool or old Wolverine level healing to survive. Most of the bones are broken, most of the digestive track shredded, neck and jaw shattered then add in massive blood loss. And he hasn't even hit the ground yet, assuming he will. Right now he is still in the air and might end up being lunch. Massive trauma has show to prevent a shifter from being able to become a titian (When Aren had to regenerate this legs). This is karma coming back to hit him in the face in a HUGE way for declaring war. And really this whole mess is the Marley's fault. It was their attempt to steal the First Titian's power for their own use that started all this and now it's come back to bite them big time.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think that was a kill. While shifters are hard to kill, that kind of damage you need Deadpool or old Wolverine level healing to survive. Most of the bones are broken, most of the digestive track shredded, neck and jaw shattered then add in massive blood loss. And he hasn't even hit the ground yet, assuming he will. Right now he is still in the air and might end up being lunch. Massive trauma has show to prevent a shifter from being able to become a titan (When Aren had to regenerate this legs). This is karma coming back to hit him in the face in a HUGE way for declaring war. And really this whole mess is the Marley's fault. It was their attempt to steal the First Titan's power for their own use that started all this and now it's come back to bite them big time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eren had better eat him; it would be irresponsible not to just in case he is the warhammer titan.
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    I think that was a kill. While shifters are hard to kill, that kind of damage you need Deadpool or old Wolverine level healing to survive. Most of the bones are broken, most of the digestive track shredded, neck and jaw shattered then add in massive blood loss. And he hasn't even hit the ground yet, assuming he will. Right now he is still in the air and might end up being lunch. Massive trauma has show to prevent a shifter from being able to become a titian (When Aren had to regenerate this legs). This is karma coming back to hit him in the face in a HUGE way for declaring war. And really this whole mess is the Marley's fault. It was their attempt to steal the First Titian's power for their own use that started all this and now it's come back to bite them big time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Except going by this chapter this is completely what he expected and wanted.

10. - Top - End - #220

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, how the frick did the Marley know or suspect that the soldiers from Paradis made it over?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Except going by this chapter this is completely what he expected and wanted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He was expecting an assassination attempt, yeah. And he wants an attack to happen to clear out the &%$&* in the Marley military. However, I don't think he expected that a Eren would show up in Titian form. I also wonder if Eren is going to cause as much damage as expected. Tieber put a lot of officials from other nations right in the line of fire expecting them to be killed. But what if Eren doesn't do it? Pre time jump Eren might well have done it, but now?

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, how the frick did the Marley know or suspect that the soldiers from Paradis made it over?
    That is a very good question. Maybe someone has the answer because I'm not seeing it. But I missed a lot in earlier chapters.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eren had better eat him; it would be irresponsible not to [...]
    That's one of those sentences that needs to be read in context..
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    That's one of those sentences that needs to be read in context..
    Haha, yeah. I promise I'm not a cannibal, I just grew up playing a lot of kirby games so it seems totally reasonable to eat your enemies to gain their powers.
    Jude P.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Marley was sending warships to Paradise for a while, and Eren was implied to sink them. The top brass figuring out that spies might have made it across is not a huge leap when they know several ships have gone missing.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Considering Paradis knows nothing about the out side world while Marley is a military nation I wouldn't be surprised if they captured afew of the spies or where able to identify some of them, trail them and eventually realise who they actually worked for.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

And then there is the fact that Paradis decides to send Eren and if I know the storz probablz a bunch of other shifters over because it~s not like losig them would be a big blow to their war efforts and sending, zou know, actuallz qualified spies, would be a better idea...
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    And then there is the fact that Paradis decides to send Eren and if I know the storz probablz a bunch of other shifters over because it~s not like losig them would be a big blow to their war efforts and sending, zou know, actuallz qualified spies, would be a better idea...
    Eren and company aren't really there as spies. They are there as a commando force. There are probably some dedicated spies around but also remember Paradise Island has no history of Spycraft to work with. In other words they don't have any qualified spies.

18. - Top - End - #228

New chapter is up.

What a time skip. Previous chapter was honestly such a big dramatic reveal/cliffhanger for me. I honestly think the story was really good and at its high point just right before we change pov, then I thought it went quite weird, but now at least I can say I'm really curious on where this is going.

That final page, though
    Last edited by Fri; 2018-01-02 at 04:52 PM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

The art this chapter (101) is superb.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like this round goes to Eren and company. The Warhammer Titian is dead. New tech for the Survey Corps as well.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Warhammer Titian is dead.
    Someone's juming to conclusions faster than a supervillain... down? sure. Dead? I'll believe it when I see it.
    But anyway, decent chapter, even though I guess there is no word for "security" in Marleyan. Or our heroes are just super capable. At least they wonder as much as me what the big plan here is.

Also, I was obviously wrong on the identity of the Warhammer. My bad.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

In this case it's a very certain thing. As for security, they had it all over the place. On The Ground. They could do little to stop what they faced.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

New Chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I was wrong. The Warammer Titian builts a false body with her power and so she wasn't killed. And the gang is all here, except one. I have a feeling that when Armin arrives he's going to make a huge impact.

24. - Top - End - #234

Spoiler
    Show
    The Warhammer made ridiculous use of its hardening ability....

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Feb Attack of Titan (102), next comic will be April (103)

Spoiler: Feb Attack on Titan #102
    Show

So this comic is proof why this attack is ill conceived for the survey corps. Seriously they had a bad plan with the Jaw and Cart titan as well as the Warhammer titan.

1) If the goal was to neutralize these titans and not kill them as future allies they definitely failed that plan. They could have kill those titans just by dropping a bomb / grenade into the shaft. Instead they gave the Jaw and Cart titan, food, water, and toiletries.
    2) If the goal was neutralization for later recruitment than this plan obviously failed and now you are paying the price for your arrogance with an ill thought out plan and the Jaw and Cart Titan returning to the battle.
    3) If the goal was to acquire the titan powers by Eren or Armin eating the titans then why didn't they do this?

A) Something went wrong with the plan, or B) this is bad storytelling.

Seriously why would Armin agree to this plan that is so "badly-thought-out" without contingencies and with a well thought out decision tree if things do not go according to plan?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think that is part of the point Ramza00. What is going does not make a whole lot of sense. But there are clues to thinkgs going on that we don't know about. Such as the lights and who arranged to put the two shifters into the pit and others.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Just a note here. I noticed the rifle on page 20 and it looked very familiar to me. Took a little time to find it but it looks like a Carcano Modello 1891 infantry rifle from Italy. Given the designs of the ships and such I think I'm going to push my estimation of the tech level from World War I to around 1900 or so. Not that anyone probably cares.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So who's going to get shot by the girl in the next few chapters? I'm guessing it's going to be a mainish character so I'd go for Jean.

29. - Top - End - #239

Oh man, been a while, read like 12 chapters. I was mega confused with all the backstory and whatnot.

I... pretty much like what's happening. But yeah, their plan seems pretty poor. Wonder when Armin as a titan's going to show up.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Just a note here. I noticed the rifle on page 20 and it looked very familiar to me. Took a little time to find it but it looks like a Carcano Modello 1891 infantry rifle from Italy. Given the designs of the ships and such I think I'm going to push my estimation of the tech level from World War I to around 1900 or so. Not that anyone probably cares.
    I know very little about guns but looking at the rest of the tech I'd say it can't really be pre 1910, but then again I don't think the author is sticking that close to reality.

As for the actual plot... Pretty good chapter, I'll agree.
    I wonder if Warhammer's technique is inherent to the titan or something the user came up with. And depending on how good it's defense is... That seems pretty fool proof.

Also, with our islanders, I'd say either poor writing or one hand actually doesn't know what the other does. Which just means they are pretty poor as an army (although not that different from a real one)
    "What's done is done."