Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside SIXTY FOOOOOOUR! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOODS!

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Bookstore

"Um, I'll be okay over here," Idun says. She browses the sci-fi shelves a little more, reading descriptions of rollicking adventures through space and other things that obviously couldn't ever happen.
    Bookstore

"Okeedokee! Baaaai~" And with that, Grace heads off over to the cookbooks to find something new!
    Unless anything else happens, after a bit, Grace comes back with an armful of books.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Pixie in the Playground

[La Fontaine Nightclub]

Inside, the club is all shades of blue and turquoise. It is dimly lit overall with bright accent lights highlighting various water-themed statues and paintings. There are distinct areas: the main bar has a wide space of tall tables but no chairs. Then there is a dance floor, and finally an area of tables and booths near a reasonable sized stage. The stage is set up for a fairly modern band: two guitars, a bass, an elaborate drum set, and two synthesizers hooked up to laptop computers.

Tonight, in particular, there is an excited air. An unusual number of Vulpans, Kitsune, and Werefoxes have gathered and are all milling about: waiting for something to begin.
    What have I been up to these years I've not been posting? See Fenric's Fox Den
    Character List, with pictures! http://www.fenric.com/GiTP/GitpCharacterList.html

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [La Fontaine Nightclub]

Inside, the club is all shades of blue and turquoise. It is dimly lit overall with bright accent lights highlighting various water-themed statues and paintings. There are distinct areas: the main bar has a wide space of tall tables but no chairs. Then there is a dance floor, and finally an area of tables and booths near a reasonable sized stage. The stage is set up for a fairly modern band: two guitars, a bass, an elaborate drum set, and two synthesizers hooked up to laptop computers.

Tonight, in particular, there is an excited air. An unusual number of Vulpans, Kitsune, and Werefoxes have gathered and are all milling about: waiting for something to begin.
    Genji walks through the front doors with Na on his arm, making pleasant chit-chat with her as he opened the door for her and followed inside in her wake. His attention is focused entirely on her, and has been since they left the Temple, this being her night to have his attention all to herself, and he capped off their pleasant walking-to-the-club conversation by offering to take her jacket for her, and check it in at the coat claim, embarrassed somewhat at the fact that his desire to see what was underneath that puffy winter jacket was most likely both obvious, and something she was used to... As she removed it the todd let out a short, surprised squeak at the reveal of smooth, deep red fur to his senses. He was momentarily concerned, but was visibly relieved as he spotted the peacock blue and pale green dress she wore underneath, tail swishing excitedly at the absolutely plunging neckline of her dress, which only enhanced an already fine set of features~ He noticed that otherwise, it seemed to be floor length. It would seem that she should be incapable of doing more than a waltz in such a dress, but Inari above, what a dress it was!~ By the time he managed to pick his jaw up off the floor metaphorically he realized that the desk clerk had already taken their jackets from him, and his scent indicated MUCH interest in the vixen stood before him, reinforcing that her strategy to really grab his attention had certainly worked...

"W-wow, Na... I just... I have no words-" He trailed off, though his reaction had said much more than words could possibly hope to, as he was left in a charcoal grey silken kimono, tastefully decorated with swirls of flame and puffs of smoke twirling around plumes of ash. It appeared to be one large design, showing a village being consumed in a raging inferno of volcanic fury and might, very pretty to look at despite the severity of the subject matter. Being a red fox kitsune, he was a bit over half a foot taller than her, and had mostly humanoid features, other than a pair of fluffy ears and the tail that swished eagerly, fanning the fumes of his desire towards the vixen that had accompanied him on this evening~

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [La Fontaine Nightclub]

Add another kitsune to the gathering. Or something very similar, with the human features and the fox ears and that tail, even if kitsune don't tend to look so wild, so on-edge. Hand off a coat and scarf at the front - she'll leave with someone's coat at the end of the night, doesn't really matter which one, but the scarf stands out; should be hard to misplace. Still worn is a high-cut dress of black and ocean purples and blues, with a great deal of shape and sparkle to it. Without much of a figure to show off (she's often mistaken for a man, even her scent being curiously indistinct), the clothes have to do a bit more work on their own. Her shoes lean more towards dancing than strutting around. And of course, the blindfold. The formal blindfold, for an event like this, woven of starlight and secrets, a fine band of opalescent shimmer and invisible green.

Honeysuckle turns towards the others milling about, the sea of bone and flesh and fur and cloth. well, time to join in.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-01-29 at 12:02 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1175

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Bookstore

"Okeedokee! Baaaai~" And with that, Grace heads off over to the cookbooks to find something new!
    Unless anything else happens, after a bit, Grace comes back with an armful of books.
    Idun takes a book from the shelf with apprehension. Would she be accused of theft if she started to read it? She glanced around before slowly prying the cover open and looking at the pages.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Pixie in the Playground

Na grins, ears perked and tail swishing: Genji's reaction was exactly what she was hoping for.

You're so sweet, Genji: thank you. Now, let's see if we can find our hostess.

She leads the way into the main room and begins to look around, slowly and reasonably so Genji has no trouble staying near.

True to his word, Peng has accompanied his sister and his roommate, but finding the whole thing a bit awkward has hung back from them and ends up near Honeysuckle. Still being quite a bit shy, he quietly greet her

Hello...
    Character List, with pictures! http://www.fenric.com/GiTP/GitpCharacterList.html

7. - Top - End - #1177

Idun takes a book from the shelf with apprehension. Would she be accused of theft if she started to read it? She glanced around before slowly prying the cover open and looking at the pages.
    Bookstore

"What'cha find?" Grace asks from a polite distance of a few feet away, her own pile of books up to her chin. She shifts her books slightly, and brings up a knee to help balance them. Books are heavy.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [La Fontaine Nightclub]

Na grins, ears perked and tail swishing: Genji's reaction was exactly what she was hoping for.

You're so sweet, Genji: thank you. Now, let's see if we can find our hostess.

She leads the way into the main room and begins to look around, slowly and reasonably so Genji has no trouble staying near.

True to his word, Peng has accompanied his sister and his roommate, but finding the whole thing a bit awkward has hung back from them and ends up near Honeysuckle. Still being quite a bit shy, he quietly greet her

Hello...
    Genji doesn't let her get too far off, walking beside her with an arm wrapped easily around her waist and holding her close as he quietly carries on a conversation with her while keeping an eye out for Katrina. Surely she was around here somewhere... He can't help but to take in some of the atmosphere of the club, really admiring how zany and yet oddly relaxing the decorations were as they strolled deeper into the club. A few people that got a bit closer than the rest gave them some odd looks, owing to Na's condition, but Genji paid them no mind since he was so caught up in making her feel like the belle of the ball~

9. - Top - End - #1179

Bookstore

"Oh, it's a story about a, um, space captain." Idun has some trouble with that concept. "She ventures beyond the stars with her crew and they have adventures, I guess."

10. - Top - End - #1180

tongue [La Fontaine Nightclub]

So shy his speech changed from red to green! Poor guy.

Oh, someone's heading over. Quite possibly a vulpan, judging by how fluffy he is.
    Honeysuckle turns to Peng and smiles.
    "Hello."
    Sounds sincerely glad to meet him.
    "Pretty good turnout here tonight, isn't it? I'm not usually much for clubs, but this just seemed like a good time to try visiting again."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-02-10 at 02:52 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Some Spaceport

Naftly isn't in a hurry so she will wait for Cloud. She moves over to the stroller and presses a button open up the glass on top. She reaches out and rubs the pouting baby on the back. After the brief contact she moves over to the stuff she stored. She throws the duffel bags over her shoulders and sets the foot locker onto the crate with wheels. She is pretty sure she can handle moving it this way. She stays in her pressure suit, but hers isn't nearly as clunky as Cloud's. Fairly form fitting the suit won't be too much of a hassle to move around in for now.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

12. - Top - End - #1182

Default [Spaceport]

"Looks like you've got everything."
    Cloud waves to the pilot.
    "Thanks guys."

Down the ramp, take in the noise and crowding of any transportation hub in the city.
    "So, uh, do you have a plan?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Pixie in the Playground

Huh... he did used to use red. Well, now he is embarrassed enough to blush it back.

Peng grins, his ears folding bashfully and his tail tucking up just a teensy bit.

Yeah... it's one of Miss Katrina's parties, and my friend Genji over there talked me into coming. I hadn't realized he'd be coming with my sister until it was too late.

Genji and Na have by this time wandered quite a way away, but are approaching a vixen dressed in a deep rich green that compliments her red fur quite splendidly.

Katrina grins

Heya, Genji! Glad you could make it. Who's your friend?
    Last edited by Fenric; 2017-01-29 at 08:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Huh... he did used to use red. Well, now he is embarrassed enough to blush it back.

Peng grins, his ears folding bashfully and his tail tucking up just a teensy bit.

Yeah... it's one of Miss Katrina's parties, and my friend Genji over there talked me into coming. I hadn't realized he'd be coming with my sister until it was too late.

Genji and Na have by this time wandered quite a way away, but are approaching a vixen dressed in a deep rich green that compliments her red fur quite splendidly.

Katrina grins

Heya, Genji! Glad you could make it. Who's your friend?
    Genji grins happily at seeing her, "This is Na, Peng's sister~ He's actually how we met, though I don't think he imagined that I'd be coming to one of your parties with her, haha." He jokes, tail swishing happily as he hugs Na a little bit closer, hopped up on enough of her scent that he feels positively daring, a far cry from the embarrassed young man Katrina had cornered when he first arrived~

"This is quite the party you've got here! If we stay till the end, perhaps you could entertain us with stories of some of the... wilder things that have happened at these things?" He raised his brow at the vixen, full of hidden meaning~

15. - Top - End - #1185

Honeysuckle looks over and completely fails to identify Genji and Na. How many pairs of bipeds are in this place already?

"That must have been a little awkward. How do you get along with your sister? Is there something to prove, or do we forget about that?"
    She holds out a hand to the embarrassed Peng. This could be fun.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #1186

Bookstore

"Oh, it's a story about a, um, space captain." Idun has some trouble with that concept. "She ventures beyond the stars with her crew and they have adventures, I guess."
    Bookstore

"Oh that sounds wonderful! Is it part of a series? Make sure to grab the rest if they have them!"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Pixie in the Playground

Katrina smirks at Genji, the poor young todd once again confronting a vastly more experienced person

People who misbehave at the party get introduced to our bouncers: this is a respectable gathering.

But there's nothing of malice in her voice or her scent. Then she laughs

But you two are just too cute! Enjoy yourselves, get to know some people, have fun. Try not to end up full of kits, Xi Na, this one's got his eyes on you.

Na's ears fold right down, but she grins as well

No, of course not.

There's a solid lack of sincerity to be found.

Meanwhile... Peng awkwardly shakes Honeysuckle's hand, not at all sure what he was supposed to do

Yeah... awkward. Oh, uh, hi: I'm Xi Peng. And nah, my sister can look after herself... and Genji's ok: he's in my room in the dormitory.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Spaceport]

"Well I am planning on finding a bank, and then probably a hotel. After that it depends. Figure a way to get my ship down. I don't know, if it looks ok I think I will settle down here for awhile." She looks around at the crowd impressed by the sheer variety.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #1189

[La Fontaine Nightclub]

Handshake!
    "I'm Honeysuckle. No family name. Pleased to meet you."
    Peng seems adorably flustered by all this. He's probably harmless.
    "Oh, are you students?"

[Spaceport]

"There'll be tiny banks around here, but you probably want a real branch, closer to the city center. This way."
    Cloud smiles as they head out through the crowd.
    "You could do worse than this place. Better, too, but not more flexibile. There really is a bit of everything here."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Spaceport]

"Yeah I am beginning to see that." She says that looking at a pair arguing apparently over payment over some modifications to a ship. It is a little hard to tell since one of the pair is a loincloth wearing grunting caveman. The other in the pair is a tall bird like humanoid dressed in what sort of looks like a colonial navy uniform. He seems to want the caveman to personally test something. And that is just one of the many weird sights around them.

"It is sort of amazing."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Katrina smirks at Genji, the poor young todd once again confronting a vastly more experienced person

People who misbehave at the party get introduced to our bouncers: this is a respectable gathering.

But there's nothing of malice in her voice or her scent. Then she laughs

But you two are just too cute! Enjoy yourselves, get to know some people, have fun. Try not to end up full of kits, Xi Na, this one's got his eyes on you.

Na's ears fold right down, but she grins as well

No, of course not.

There's a solid lack of sincerity to be found.

Meanwhile... Peng awkwardly shakes Honeysuckle's hand, not at all sure what he was supposed to do

Yeah... awkward. Oh, uh, hi: I'm Xi Peng. And nah, my sister can look after herself... and Genji's ok: he's in my room in the dormitory.
    He appeared thoroughly unfazed from her teasing, when in actuality he'd simply already hit the limit for being wound up by teasing, not that he minded when a vixen like Na did it just to be playful~ In fact, he appeared distinctly okay with it, :P

He released his embrace with the vixen he came with, and took several graceful steps to close the distance with Katrina, a cocky, self-sure grin on his face, "Why thank you, Miss Katrina! You're truly too kind to us~" He grins as he sweeps their host up into a quite friendly hug, perhaps a little bit TOO friendly if she didn't return his interest...

He's not quite sure what to say in response to the prospect of filling Na up with kits, but finds a far more eloquent means of expressing how he feels about the idea than using mere words~

"Haha, of course I'll be on my best behavior tonight, and be nothing but a gentleman for my date, isn't that right, Na?" he asks, still grinning at their host while his interested in the idea is betrayed...

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Pixie in the Playground

Katrina returns the hug, then grins a wry grin at Na who looks just a tad jealous

Oh, nevermind: you're doomed. Now, I've got other guests to see to, so run along! Maybe we'll chat some more later.

Na tugs on Genji's arm in the direction of the expansive bar area

Are you going to leave me standing all night with nothing to drink?

--

Peng bobles his head

Sort of: we're novice acolytes at the Temple of Inari. About half these people are folks I recognize from there... I didn't realize there were quite so many fox folk around who don't seem to be from there.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Katrina returns the hug, then grins a wry grin at Na who looks just a tad jealous

Oh, nevermind: you're doomed. Now, I've got other guests to see to, so run along! Maybe we'll chat some more later.

Na tugs on Genji's arm in the direction of the expansive bar area

Are you going to leave me standing all night with nothing to drink?

--

Peng bobles his head

Sort of: we're novice acolytes at the Temple of Inari. About half these people are folks I recognize from there... I didn't realize there were quite so many fox folk around who don't seem to be from there.
    Genji grins and lets her go without a fuss, having accomplished what he wished to as he stepped back to Na, wrapping an arm around her waist and taking her hand in his, "I'd be delighted to do so, Katrina."

He smiles warmly at their host, before being steadily herded away by Na towards the bar. "Of course not! Let's go see what kind of drinks they serve here... It'll be kinda nice to drink something besides sake, haha." He jokes, gladly wandering off with her, hand-in-hand and quite enjoying the close, personal atmosphere~

"Though something tells me you're trying to get me drunk more than anything else~" He teases her in a private tone, only loud enough for her to hear clearly over the general hubbub.

24. - Top - End - #1194

"Huh. I thought Inari was real serious. Wouldn't have expected to see her holy men out on the town. That's neat."

Honeysuckle turns briefly towards the stage.
    "Do you know what band is playing tonight?"
    Obviously she couldn't read the flyers.

[Spaceport]

Cloud waves to the bird-captain as they go by.
    "That's what I mean. A lot of old presumptions about how things are might have to get worked on."
    "Was the rest of the crew all your species? I know you said you had met to you, aliens, but the general relationship wasn't clear."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Spaceport

The bird captain gives a tired nod back and then goes back to explaining to the caveman that he won't get paid unless he is there at the test.

"Yes we were all human. We hadn't really had too much contact with any aliens before we got lost. An alien race had made contact with us but mostly the government had been dealing with them."
    Last edited by McBish; 2017-01-30 at 03:40 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Pixie in the Playground

Na giggles and cuddles up next to him at the bar, letting him experience the full wonder of her scent as she flicks her tail gently.

I hardly need alcohol for that! I think I can do it with five little words.

---

Peng blinks

Band? Oh... right... they do music here, don't they? Um...

He looks around for any sort of notice, finally locating one.

Well... it's "Dreamland", apparently... Their new "seventh" tour. Never heard of them, I'm afraid.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Na giggles and cuddles up next to him at the bar, letting him experience the full wonder of her scent as she flicks her tail gently.

I hardly need alcohol for that! I think I can do it with five little words.

---

Peng blinks

Band? Oh... right... they do music here, don't they? Um...

He looks around for any sort of notice, finally locating one.

Well... it's "Dreamland", apparently... Their new "seventh" tour. Never heard of them, I'm afraid.
    Genji chuckles, "Ambitious vixen, aren't you? Trying to steal your own cousin's boyfriend, tsk tsk tsk..." He smiles at her, booping her snout with a finger teasingly, though he's positively ecstatic to simply bask in her scent, the physical proximity to this gorgeous vixen, who certainly gave every appearance of wanting HIM and no other dizzying him to heights that Jian had yet to manage, with her cautious flirting and always running away just as he was starting to notice...

"Five little words though... whatever could they be, flower of the field of my eye, oh graceful rose?" He asked, presenting her with her namesake, a blood-red rose just a shade brighter than her coat~ He grinned, clearly feeling quite clever for this little maneuver, since he'd spent actual time in the library looking up name meanings and hoping to find something useful...

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Pixie in the Playground

Na giggles

She's the one who decided to be all coquettish and silly! If she's not grown up enough yet to figure out how to properly treat a boy, that's not my fault.

Then her ears tuck down happily

Aww, how sweet!

ears back up, and an archly naughty grin

I would have thought they were obvious, but you really haven't talked much about where you grow up so maybe you just don't know. Regardless...

She leans over and whispers in his ear, then leans back and watches his reaction.

29. - Top - End - #1199

[La Fontaine Nightclub]

"Well they have a lot of music equipment up on stage. Thank you, Peng."
    Honeysuckle shrugs,
    "Haven't heard of them either. I guess we're about to."
    "You are going to dance, aren't you?"

[Spaceport]

"Huh. Not friendly, I guess?"
    Cloud leads the way down the road to the financial district. With a little luck, they can make it there without getting lost or becoming collateral damage to a fight between superheroes or anything.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-02-10 at 02:53 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1200

[Museum of Lost Civilization]

Midnight Park and its surrounding suburbs are.... an interesting place. To say the least. The sidewalks, for one, all sport shaded awnings. No doubt because the inhabitants find direct sunlight notably unpleasant. Windows are likewise tinted to prevent too much natural light from getting in without obscuring the view. Benches are abundant, though given how low they are to the ground and how wide they are it should be clear that they weren't designed with bipeds as their primary user. Baskets of ghostly flowers hang from nearly every street sign and lamp post, giving the neighborhood a splash of spooky color.

And, of course, there are members of Team Nightmære all over the place. Most of them simply going about their business more or less as one might expect a gaggle of equestrians to do so in any other part of the City. Tending gardens, working on artisan projects, building new homes or businesses, baking, going to school, breaking into spontaneous musical numbers, and generally beautifying their surroundings. The 'gloom ponies' of course have a look about them that marks them as unmistakably predatory, but since when has being predatory stopped anyone from finding kittens adorable still?

Regardless!

There are other people here too, of course. Whether that be family members of those freed from undeath or simply citizens of the City in search of work or a pleasant afternoon. A pleasent afternoon might involve enjoying the gardens, partaking in some sweets, admiring artwork, or even visiting the recently opened Museum of Lost Civilization!

That last one is what we're doing today, if the location tag weren't a dead giveaway.

The museum's facade follows classic Greek architecture, marble columns and strong lines. Above the entrance is a relief carving of an alicorn with wings outstretched majestically, crushing chains under her hooves to free captive ponies. It's a motif that pops up pretty often around the neighborhood. There isn't too much of a line outside, though everyone stopping at the ticket booth will find themselves greeted by a bubbly arion mare with a curly mane with a color suggestive of it having been stolen right off a Roman bust of Athena.

"Hello! Welcome to the Museum of Lost Civilization. We have a guided tour starting in fifteen minutes. If you want to catch it, just wait for Seriation Serendipity at the Hall of Definitely Non-Functional Civilization-Ending Super Weapons," the ticket-booth pony says brightly as Geneva slides some money to her in exchange for tickets.

"Is that safe?"
    Geneva asks somewhat skeptically. "Having a hall full of civilization-ending super weapons?"

"Perfectly! They're definitely non-functional."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.