New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Inside SIXTY FOOOOOOUR! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOODS!

[Bookbinder's Library]

Bartleby is happy to explain. "There's a modest fee to receive a library card, with which you can check out books. Two weeks is the time limit, though you can renew them as much as you like, so long as no one else is waiting to read the book. We also restore damaged books, for a fee, and offer translation services. We are also constantly looking for donations, of books or money, to keep things running. Donated books can be simply lent to us, so we can make a copy, and then returned to the owner. Anyways, if you'd rather just read books here, that's open to everyone. Just please return books to the carts, rather than reshelving them yourself. Oh, we're also looking for volunteers, if you're interested."

[Delmah Phor]

"I'd be glad to." Sornnolu says "But not in here, most spells are rather... destructive. Let's walk out to the gardens, and I'll show you anything you like" The drow pushes himself to his feet and tucks his novel away in a pocket of his robes. The pseudo dragon looks up at him and mewls. The mage reaches out to scratch its head. "You can stay here." He tells it, before fishing out a scrap of dried meat from a pocket and feeding it to the little creature. This seems to satisfy it, as it curls up on the cushion again.

"Follow me." Sornnolu bids Cait, as he heads for the doors. He summons a silvery white bit of light to navigate the halls with, this time heading towards the back of the palace. There's more windows along this path, heavily curtained, but noticeably brighter than the pitch black of the inner palace. He pushes open a small arched door between two windows and steps out onto a small patio, paved in slate. A fountain burbles in a low pond full of pale white fish. Two paths go around the small water feature and wander deeper into the gardens. Hedges hide the rest of the gardens from this small, private space.

"This should do nicely. Now, What are you interested in seeing?" Sornnolu asks, clapping his hands together.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cait picks up both of her new books and carries them pressed to her chest as she follows him outside. "Hm... Well a fireball or bolt of lightning is classic. Oh do you know any of the giant floating hand spells? Biggles or something like that?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Cleansed Inside and Out - A Closed Scene Day Spa

As Jim and Syela make their way away from the mall to achieve their nefarious ends, the new hot springs and spa resort that opened in Inside is just winding down its business day. The soft green mood lighting, meant to emulate sunlight through a light foliage, is being shut down and the till has been counted and locked safely away. The padlocks are put on all the gates and the tall, bamboo fencing is left as the only apparent security as the last employee trundles home for the night.

The spa opened to a bit of controversy over its mixed bathing policy, but the owners had responded to accusations with calm, tactful counterpoints. Only consenting adults would be allowed in, and there was only one spring viable enough to feed the pool from and not enough room to comfortably section it off with a divider down the middle. Perhaps, they said, if they'd had enough startup capitol they might have considered separate bathing areas for different genders, but as it is they don't think anyone should be so self-conscious about their body in the first place.

Strict rules about hanky-panky were in place, regardless of species or gender of those taking advantage of the facilities. The owners were open, but not about to see their investment be derided as a house of sin and inequity. Not to mention the cleaning costs involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Cleansed Inside and Out

Jim takes a look at the fence and nods.
    "Okay, so I think we should tie our shirts together and I can throw you over the fence, then I can use the 'rope' to climb over it. Whaddaya think?" he asks cheerily of Syela.
    [Cleansed Inside and Out]

"Uh, no. That's crazy." While Syela has only drank a bit more on the walk here, she's gotten significantly more inebriated. She's far more level headed than Jim when drunk, apparently. "Cummon, let's hit a back gate. I've gotta plan." She grabs the front of Jim's shirt and leads the way out back. She's looking for another gate that's not so visible.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Bookbinder's Library

"A dragon too!"
    Simone whispers. She knows her foster-sister is always interested in meeting other dragons. As the hooded figure walks away, she steps up to reception and smiles broadly.* 😍 "Hello and please can you tell us how this library works? Can we take out books, or only read here? Is there membership fee?"

(* related! )
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Bookbinder's Library]

Bartleby is happy to explain. "There's a modest fee to receive a library card, with which you can check out books. Two weeks is the time limit, though you can renew them as much as you like, so long as no one else is waiting to read the book. We also restore damaged books, for a fee, and offer translation services. We are also constantly looking for donations, of books or money, to keep things running. Donated books can be simply lent to us, so we can make a copy, and then returned to the owner. Anyways, if you'd rather just read books here, that's open to everyone. Just please return books to the carts, rather than reshelving them yourself. Oh, we're also looking for volunteers, if you're interested."
    [Bookbinder's Library]

"Looks like it..." Ambrosia smiles, this almost seemed too good to be true. "Thank you." She replies with a bow. "We'll be taking two library cards." She looks at Simone. "And... do you want to volunteer?"

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Bookbinder's Library

"I would, but I already volunteer at a Library..." Simone starts to say. But then... Helios's Library isn't really the same, is it? He hoards his information, rather than sharing it. People can come and see his books, but only after making a deal that may not be to the reader's benefit. If an orphan off the streets wanted to read books, they could not come to Helios's library, but this library is right here, where anyone can walk in! "Yes. Yes, I will! I am also having books to share." She can't offer books belonging to Helios, but she has books she has acquired on her own over the years, and those she will gladly make available. "My name is Simone Isandwani and this is my foster-sister Ambrosia." As she introduces herself, she presses her palms together, fingers up, and bows to Bartleby. She should have done this first, but ... but... BOOKS!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "Oh, I'm Erin," the puppygirl said. "Um, what's this ... 'glog'?"
    My apologies for missing this.

"GLoG? It's the Good League of Good. Yes, a silly name, I know, but they're a charitable organisation focusing on resettling refugees, redeeming repentant evildoers and that sort of thing. I'm a refugee myself, and it's a beautiful campsite with a lake and a forest, and there's lots of families so there's other children around." Natalie smiles as she talks, and she loves it there. That passion does show in her voice, too.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "Oh, I'm Erin," the puppygirl said. "Um, what's this ... 'glog'?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

"GLoG? It's the Good League of Good. Yes, a silly name, I know, but they're a charitable organisation focusing on resettling refugees, redeeming repentant evildoers and that sort of thing. I'm a refugee myself, and it's a beautiful campsite with a lake and a forest, and there's lots of families so there's other children around." Natalie smiles as she talks, and she loves it there. That passion does show in her voice, too.
    [Meadow]

"Yye-you aactually live a-at GOgL... LoG... (why can't I say this?) ...th-there?" In Smorre's voice, it's mostly surprise that shows. Surprise and even more stuttering. He had never thought he would ever meet a member of the big organizations, let alone by sheer coincidence.
    For the first time, he actually looks Natalie in the face, if only for a second. "I... a minute a-ago I wanted to say we... you, your parents or I c-could take Erin ha-home instead of sending to a topsy-turvy place like... B-b-but hey, y-you la-live there anyway, s-so p-problem solved!" Smorre pauses for a moment with his mouth still open, subconsciously flicking his tail. "On se-second thought, c-creepy men offering t-to t-take little girls home s-sounds kinda wrong a-anyway."

((The guy is permanently named Smorre now. Having strange letters in his name was not a viable idea.))
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"Uh, no. That's crazy." While Syela has only drank a bit more on the walk here, she's gotten significantly more inebriated. She's far more level headed than Jim when drunk, apparently. "Cummon, let's hit a back gate. I've gotta plan." She grabs the front of Jim's shirt and leads the way out back. She's looking for another gate that's not so visible.
    There is indeed a back gate. It looks like it leads to a closed off area where cleaning supplies are kept, because it has heavy padlocks and an "Employees only" sign on it.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

Cleansed Inside and Out

Jim smiles at Syela.
    "What? Didja bring bolt-cutters?" he asks her.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

[Delmah Phor]

"Bigsby's. Yes, I know those." Sornnolu admits with a grin. "I won't be casting those, however. I'd need an opponent, and I don't think you'd want to volunteer. Lightning is a possibility, but I don't want it grounding onto something, especially us. So that leaves us with a classic fireball. Yes, that should do nicely."

The drow steps out to the middle of the patio and shakes out his sleeves. He chants some arcane words before pointing a finger upward. A red bead of light appears and shoots straight up, twenty, thirty feet where it stops and pauses for just an instant, before exploding into a spherical burst of red fire, ten feet across. The heat and pressure from the explosion spread out in a wave, disturbing the leaves of the plants and ruffling the Archmage's long white hair.

The spell cast, he smiles back at Cait, watching for her reaction.

[Bookbinder's Library]

The little dragon bows his head in return and introduces himself. "I am Bartleby Bookbinder, owner and protector of this library. I am pleased to hear you wish to volunteer with us, Miss Simone. I am even more pleased that you have books to contribute. Here in the Nexus every new tome is different and precious. There's just so many worlds to pull from! And are you interested in volunteering, Miss Ambrosia?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Delmah Phor]

Cait watches his casting closely. Secretly a little disappointed that it looked so simple. Her eyes widen and she takes half a step back as the heat and wind hit her. She nods looking impressed. "I can see how being able to cast that would keep people from messing with you."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

[Delmah Phor]

"It is certainly a deterrent." Sornnolu agrees. "Is there anything else you'd like to see?" He asks next.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Delmah Phor]

Cait considers for a few seconds. "How about something I can try to cast out here?" She pulls out the book of level one spells and opens it up. She flips through it looking for something to cast. Perhaps flaming hands is in there.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #1394

[Bookbinder's Library]

Ambrosia considers for a moment. Bartleby seemed to be a nice fellow, and she could see no real disadvantages working for him a while.
    She bows her head in return. "I would like to volunteer as well, yes. This seems like the kind of place I'd like to learn more about." She replies with a smile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-03-30 at 02:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

Bartleby's Bookbinders

"Do you have any program to help people from slums to read, especially children?" Simone asks.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    There is indeed a back gate. It looks like it leads to a closed off area where cleaning supplies are kept, because it has heavy padlocks and an "Employees only" sign on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Cleansed Inside and Out

Jim smiles at Syela.
    "What? Didja bring bolt-cutters?" he asks her.

"Pfft, no. I have this!" She pulls out a vial that was definitely taken from Dorota's shop. It's unlabeled, but it's a nasty orange colour. "Watch this." She opened up the bottle and dumps it on the padlock. It sizzles and stinks something awful as it eats through the padlock. "Pretty cool, huh?"

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

Cleansed Inside and Out

Jim grins and opens the gate, slipping inside.
    "Amazing. Now, let's find some towels and take a dip." Jim says, almost immediately starting to undress. He didn't bring a swimsuit like Syela.

Though if he can't find a towel, he won't be picky. He just thinks Syela will want some.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Syela follows close behind, swinging that gate closed behind them. "Nah, let's just get in the water." Towels can come later. Syela starts to strip. She's takes off all her clothes, watching Jim the whole time to see his reaction. Only when she's totally naked does she slip on her bikini. Without any more hesitation she heads toward the water. She carefully places the wine bottle down, since there's still plenty left, and goes to slip into the water.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Cleansed Inside and Out

Jim looks at her approvingly, and gives her a low whistle for effect. He tries not to ogle her in public (or when he knows she wants something) but he wouldn't have a reason not to here even if he was sober. And he can tell she wants him to look. He drops his clothes beside the pool and drops himself in rather gracelessly. He'll have to look out for any smooth tiles at the resort. Water, hooves, and tiles are a recipe for disaster.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bookbinder's Library]

"Wonderful!" Bartleby exclaims when Ambrosia agrees to volunteer. The little dragon looks a bit sad at Simone's question. "No, I haven't thought to implement such a program. It is a lovely idea, though. Perhaps we can turn some of the space on the main floor into a classroom. Or perhaps the basement, so as not to disturb readers... I'd have to move the machinery, though. And the book vault. Oh this is quite vexing." He decides.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Meadow]

"Yye-you aactually live a-at GOgL... LoG... (why can't I say this?) ...th-there?" In Smorre's voice, it's mostly surprise that shows. Surprise and even more stuttering. He had never thought he would ever meet a member of the big organizations, let alone by sheer coincidence.
    For the first time, he actually looks Natalie in the face, if only for a second. "I... a minute a-ago I wanted to say we... you, your parents or I c-could take Erin ha-home instead of sending to a topsy-turvy place like... B-b-but hey, y-you la-live there anyway, s-so p-problem solved!" Smorre pauses for a moment with his mouth still open, subconsciously flicking his tail. "On se-second thought, c-creepy men offering t-to t-take little girls home s-sounds kinda wrong a-anyway."

((The guy is permanently named Smorre now. Having strange letters in his name was not a viable idea.))
    Erin tilted her head. Whatever this place was, it sounded exciting. But then her tummy growled, and she was reminded of how hungry she was. She grinned sheepishly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Orc in the Playground

Meadow

"There's people at GLoG who can see about sending Erin home, if it's possible. I hear the Nexus doesn't always let go of those that find their way here. But my parents won't be able to do it. They... Aren't here." Natalie smiles, but it's not a very happy smile. Especially as Erin arrived through a random portal.

After she hears Erin's stomach, Natalie pushes her loss out of her mind and grins. "I think we need to go get some lunch, then GLoG. OK?"

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, lunch!" Erin cheered.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meadow]

Smorre was already expecting that Natalie had no parents. Being an orphan sadly was an all too common thing in the Nexus. He hadn't been able to contact his parents since he fell into the Nexus, twelve years ago, either. But Erin... she seemed strangely okay with her current situation.

"I-I can pay for l-lunch, if y-you okay with thaa-that." Smorre offers. He doesn't want to leave Erin yet, and points towards a building at the meadow's edge. "Over there, s-see that bb-blue roof? They make re-r-really g-great gyro there."
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-04-03 at 03:47 PM.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Orc in the Playground

Meadow

Natalie's mother died in a magical accident a long time ago. Her father was slain by the same political instability that caused her to flee her homeworld- though her father told her it was an extended holiday initially, as he didn't want her to worry. That was only a few years ago.

"I'm more than happy to pay my share. I don't think I've had gyro before. What is it?" Her player is similarly unfamiliar with the dish. Looking at it from Google Images, it seems similar to doner kebab, which I know I've not had. Natalie, meanwhile, is curious about it.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, what's a, um, 'hero'?" Erin asked. (Her player would like to mention that yes, that is indeed how you pronounce it, for those unaware.)
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meadow]

"Some mm-meat dish." Smorre explains as they (or at least he) walk down the path. "Pork, hea-heavily seasoned, roasted va-vertically, drenching in i-it's own fa-f-fat. Th-the blue roof s-serves it in a bread wrap with sa-salad. Not a l-light meal, but a ver-very tasty one. Also, I hh-hope you don't dislike ra-raw onion and garlic d-dip, be-because Greek food always c-comes ww-with that."

((According to wikipedia, the actual Greek pronunciation is yiro, with a trill in the r. Smorre pronounced it wrong apparently, now Natalie and Erin will too. It's contagious.))
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-04-04 at 09:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Orc in the Playground

Meadow- Meat Place

I'm unaware! Not familiar with Greek cuisine.

"That sounds... Interesting. I've not heard of that style of food before, though my homeworld does have a Greece." It's an Earth with magic and technology; the technology is a little behind ours, because the magic has resulted in difficulties in long-distance travel and communication, via large monsters. The Europeans did discover America; and started to colonise it, before abandoning the effort after too many leviathans, kraken and sea dragons discovered the big wooden things were full of tasty morsels.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin started to drool.

"Can we have one?!" she asked.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    An article on the grammar of the word "gyro": https://www.stavros.io/posts/how-to-pronounce-gyros/

Yeah, my bad on the pronunciation. Though, in my defense, it's a very breathy "y" sound, almost like a "y" and an "h" at the same time.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-04-04 at 11:39 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #1410

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Bartleby's Bookbinders

"Do you have any program to help people from slums to read, especially children?" Simone asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Bookbinder's Library]

"Wonderful!" Bartleby exclaims when Ambrosia agrees to volunteer. The little dragon looks a bit sad at Simone's question. "No, I haven't thought to implement such a program. It is a lovely idea, though. Perhaps we can turn some of the space on the main floor into a classroom. Or perhaps the basement, so as not to disturb readers... I'd have to move the machinery, though. And the book vault. Oh this is quite vexing." He decides.
    Bartleby's Bookbinders

"I have no preferences, but you must know that I have my own projects as a scholar and researcher so my time might be more limited than Simone's." Ambrosia explains with a gently smile.