New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Unsounded II: Two Wrights Can Mend A Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Timofey would make a great bard.

And whatever that snake-demon thing is I think he has the right idea about it.
    It looks creepy.

As does the clubhouse of the bird guys.
    That place just screams „evil lair”.
    It's pretty though. And darn impressive.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

And whatever that snake-demon thing is I think he has the right idea about it.
    It looks creepy.

As does the clubhouse of the bird guys.
    That place just screams „evil lair”.
    It's an Efehby. Senet beast.

Noooo. You don't say. Amoral spellwrights.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Turns out there was, at some point, a human Black Tongue named Delicieu. I wonder what happened for Prakhuta to take up his name. The most obvious answer would be that the original Delicieu died, and Prakhuta impersonated him. But the most obvious answer might not be true.

Regardless of what happened, the original Delicieu wanted to endow Prakhuta with... a soul? It seems to have worked to some degree, because we see him work pymary, which two-toes aren't supposed to be able to do. The nature of the experiments would also explain why he's so thoroughly screwed up in the head, and has an obsession with souls and memories. That said, two-toes have their own spellwork, and according to Quigley, Prakhuta/Cutter/Delicieu II used it to feed suffering to the First Silver. Then again, Quigley could be wrong.

That would also explain what he meant when he said that the same men ensured neither he nor Duane have a "kind" anymore. Black Tongues turned Duane into a sentient plod, and turned Prakhuta into... we don't know what, yet.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-05-15 at 05:19 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Turns out there was, at some point, a human Black Tongue named Delicieu. I wonder what happened for Prakhuta to take up his name. The most obvious answer would be that the original Delicieu died, and Prakhuta impersonated him. But the most obvious answer might not be true.

That would also explain what he meant when he said that the same men ensured neither he nor Duane have a "kind" anymore. Black Tongues turned Duane into a sentient plod, and turned Prakhuta into... we don't know what, yet.
    Perhaps. Perhaps, Delicieu merged his soul with Prakhuta, possibly by accident. Maybe even young Bastion messed some things. At this point it's really hard to tell.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

As I understand it, Duane's soul was attached to his body by Bastion and others (including Delicieu?). That kept Duane's soul from being dismantled by the Kert. Perhaps Delicieu's soul was attached to Prakhuta somehow? IIRC, Cutter/Delicieu was jealous of Duane's nightly experiences in the Kert, so he apparently doesn't do that, though.

Given the way Bastion was going on about Lady Ilganyag a couple of pages ago, I wonder how much of the information about how to attach souls might have come from her.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

That's a good point. There may be similarities here. Prakhuta/Delicieu was at least aware of Duane's condition, if not actually involved. That said, his dialogue in the Nevergeen implies he still "identifies" as a two-toe, rather than a human soul stuck in a two-toe body. He calls humans "spiderpaws", and all that.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

New comic (comments page). Impressive animation, although possibly due to bandwidth issues, I had trouble getting it all to work.

Spoiler: What you should see.
    Show
    The first two panels separate revealing a inserted panel showing Winalils's hand playing the piano. The fourth panel fades into one featuring a spotlight on Winalils and some birds (glamours?), then additional speech bubbles appear. Further down, an animated GIF eventually shows secrets flowing in both directions (from the founder's brain to Lady Ilganyag's mouth and reversed). However, it seems to show the secrets flowing only toward Lady Ilganyag for a long time before starting to reverse. I wonder if that's intentional?

I wonder what comes next. I don't think Winalils is finished singing. I certainly hope there is more. I'm also expecting Master Ballanstern to show up fairly quickly and be displeased. I assume that's who Timofey saw arriving a few pages ago.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    New comic (comments page). Impressive animation, although possibly due to bandwidth issues, I had trouble getting it all to work.

Spoiler: What you should see.
    Show
    The first two panels separate revealing a inserted panel showing Winalils's hand playing the piano. The fourth panel fades into one featuring a spotlight on Winalils and some birds (glamours?), then additional speech bubbles appear. Further down, an animated GIF eventually shows secrets flowing in both directions (from the founder's brain to Lady Ilganyag's mouth and reversed). However, it seems to show the secrets flowing only toward Lady Ilganyag for a long time before starting to reverse. I wonder if that's intentional?

I wonder what comes next. I don't think Winalils is finished singing. I certainly hope there is more. I'm also expecting Master Ballanstern to show up fairly quickly and be displeased. I assume that's who Timofey saw arriving a few pages ago.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think the direction of the "secrets" actually changes.
    It appears to depend how you look at the page.
    If I change the angle and/or close a eye while looking at the words they seem to change directions.
    So either my (randomly) doing so coincidences with actual changes or it is an optical illusion.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think the direction of the "secrets" actually changes.
    It appears to depend how you look at the page.
    If I change the angle and/or close a eye while looking at the words they seem to change directions.
    So either my (randomly) doing so coincidences with actual changes or it is an optical illusion.
    No, I know what you are talking about, but at least at times it really does change directions. One thing you can try is to download the GIF (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsound...54_secrets.gif) to your computer. Make sure you get the whole thing. It looks like it should be 116,743 bytes. Then load that into your browser.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-05-28 at 10:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

No, I know what you are talking about, but at least at times it really does change directions. One thing you can try is to download the GIF (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsound...54_secrets.gif) to your computer. Make sure you get the whole thing. It looks like it should be 116,743 bytes. Then load that into your browser.
    Can confirm. Made the same assumption and then went back and checked. It really does reverse direction after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like Bastion didn't meet who he thought he would meet. And I wonder why Lady Ilganyag stopped talking to the Black Tongues. Is she disappointed in them, or is there another reason?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like Bastion didn't meet who he thought he would meet. And I wonder why Lady Ilganyag stopped talking to the Black Tongues. Is she disappointed in them, or is there another reason?
    I'm thinking they were a useful tool, but are no longer needed. Lady achieved her goals when Sette freed Murkoph. IMO Murkoph is another Senet beast, that someone (possibly the gods/wright) trapped in guise of a human.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

In case people missed it (I almost did) the second of the two new pages has an animation.

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    I'm thinking they were a useful tool, but are no longer needed. Lady achieved her goals when Sette freed Murkoph. IMO Murkoph is another Senet beast, that someone (possibly the gods/wright) trapped in guise of a human.
    Given the way Ramm was talking and the fact that he expected Bastion to already know how the Black Tongues had gone off course, it sounded as if Lady Ilganyag had been silent for longer than a couple of days by that point, so I doubt it had anything to do with Sette freeing Murkoph. Lady Ilganyag still spoke with Bastion, so if she only needed one person, it was probably him.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-05-31 at 11:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Given the way Ramm was talking and the fact that he expected Bastion to already know how the Black Tongues had gone off course, it sounded as if Lady Ilganyag had been silent for longer than a couple of days by that point, so I doubt it had anything to do with Sette freeing Murkoph. Lady Ilganyag still spoke with Bastion, so if she only needed one person, it was probably him.
    Right. But in Khert time doesn't seem to pass normally - there are memories of thing that are yet to happen. As far as Ilganyag is concerned, the creation of Duane was enough to catalyze Murkoph's liberation, she might have dumped them then and there. It's hard to tell, how much is predetermined and how much is in flux.

Alternatively, assuming regular timeline, but future memories available Lady Black Tongue saw Murkoph in real space and saw him talking to Duane, then retraced him backwards in time, saw Sette's talk to Duane about freeing Murkoph, went back in time and realized this was Winalils work and shown him pymary needed to bind Duane. And basically decided she no longer needed Black Tongues, when Duane was created, so couple of years.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

IDK, it's possible, but obviously more is going on since she continues to remain involved with Duane and Bastion. I wondered if Ramm may have been confusing cause and effect. Based on the extra story Orphans, it seems that Master Ballanstern is a pretty evil and arrogant guy who was willing to violate the Black Tongue moral traditions. (We may get some indication of this in the story soon.) I doubt that Lady Ilganyag would have cared for that if he went too far. Granted, Duane had already been created by that point and his behavior could easily be a symptom of the lack of guidance from Lady Ilganyag, but I'm not so sure that his behavior was just a matter of a lack of guidance. It could be something else, too. All we can do is speculate at this point.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-05-31 at 04:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, it's very clearly a question of cause and effect. Did the Black Tongues get off-track because their Lady had abandoned them, or did she abandon them because they abandoned the quest for knowledge? It could be both, really. She may have grown angry at them for wasting time on frivolities and pleasing wealthy patrons, and when she left, it just made the problem worse.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, it's very clearly a question of cause and effect. Did the Black Tongues get off-track because their Lady had abandoned them, or did she abandon them because they abandoned the quest for knowledge? It could be both, really. She may have grown angry at them for wasting time on frivolities and pleasing wealthy patrons, and when she left, it just made the problem worse.
    Yeah, this is all idle speculation. I'm surprised that Winalils doesn't recognize whoever called him. New BT?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Another example of the cause/effect being unclear: Lady Ilganyag: "We are philanthropists. Or were, once. I have had to withdraw from them."

Yeah, this is all idle speculation. I'm surprised that Winalils doesn't recognize whoever called him. New BT?
    IDK, but I kind of get the impression that whoever it is has high status there. I wouldn't rule out it being Master Ballanstern or some other senior BT. I could easily imagine Winalils having paid little attention to older BTs who weren't working on things that he was interested in. Also, he's been gone over ten years, so the person might not have had as much status when he left or Bastion might simply have forgotten them. The person may have even changed his appearance or had a bad accident. Anyway, I don't think the fact that Winalils doesn't recognize the person means all that much. OTOH, it also could be that the person is a government official or someone else who wouldn't normally have been allowed there in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    See you on Monday when we discover just who has so politely requested Bastion's presence (possibly they are a giant snake).
    Yep, it could even be a giant snake person! We saw one arriving a few pages ago. It's called an efheby and is a type of senet beast according to the tumblr. I even wonder if it has something to do with Lady Ilganyag not being around. I could imagine some friction between them if the BTs became too friendly with the efheby. It kind of would make sense that a bird senet beast wouldn't like a snake senet beast or perhaps they may have different goals. Or maybe this is completely wrong. We'll have to see.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-05-31 at 07:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

New comic: Um, he looked fine just a little bit ago. Something is going on.

A commenter pointed out that Thomas Chorley was in the background of the earlier page, apparently following Ruck and Master Ballanstern.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I just love Bastion's expression there.
    This complete confusion.
    „Are you on drugs? Wait, am I on drugs? Oh, look at that. Demon-snake“

And Ruck and Thomas are definitely involved in this „suicide“.
    I would guess the two are partners/ work together.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the last panel. But that's probably intentional.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the last panel. But that's probably intentional.
    It literally translates to "Here is my little victim, wrapped in bedcloth, half-done, half-done" (also something about lies). And that's Roger as in Crescian Queen's husband Roger, with two Efheby bite marks. BTW Efheby have special poison that destroys the mind, making its prey a puppet. They are also known as SkullPilots.

Rape here has double meaning, a rape as in rape and rape as in - act of seizing and carrying off by force. However given that Ruck, really loves his victim's he probably helped himself

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

And Ruck has been carrying Roger around inside that long blue bag, in case that didn't occur to Morty. The stuff that -D- said about efheby is from the wiki page about Senet beasts.

I wonder if the idea is to use what's left of Roger to get at the queen. Is there enough left of Roger to be useful that way? Or maybe he was just given to Ruck as some sort of revenge?

Bastion may be much more morally opposed to what Ruck has done than Ruck expects. I think Ruck may want Bastion's help with finishing Roger (whatever that means) and may not intend to give him any choice in the matter. Somehow Duane can think without the physical brain cells, so maybe Ruck wants the same for Roger?
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-06-07 at 12:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

And Ruck has been carrying Roger around inside that long blue bag, in case that didn't occur to Morty. The stuff that -D- said about efheby is from the wiki page about Senet beasts.
    It's not a bag. He wrapped Roger in a bedsheet/bedcloth/counterpane. Actually I got my info from: http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, that makes sense. I didn't know about the Efheby bite. I imagine it'll be cleared up on the next page. I did wonder what was up with the blue thing around his neck.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

Well that's pretty ****ed up. A dark episode, for sure.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ii get the distinct feeling that this will end horribly for someone.
    At the very least it won't make Bastion want to kill them less.
    I would cheer him on at this point.
    But I have to say, I am kind of impressed. Making Bastion Winalis look outright moral in comparison is a accomplishment.
    This is easily on a level with Delicious's Silver, if not worse.
    At least that stuff only kills you horribly.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Deliceu did nothing wrong.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

At least now we know why the Queen married Roger despite everyone around her hating his guts.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deliceu did nothing wrong.
    Which one?
    Soulsearcher or Silversmith?