New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Unsounded II: Two Wrights Can Mend A Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    So, how about core leeching the stones at the base of the tower? Not that good for prisoner retrieval, but it should make Rahm think about his situation.
    I'm pretty sure you can't core leech nonliving things.
    Awesome Edward Elric avatar by gurgleflep!
    Let's Watch Steins;Gate!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't core leech nonliving things.
    Why wouldn't you be able to? All it is is removing an aspect from something to trigger the Khert's garbage retrieval protocols.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Wut? Why? Last we saw him Elka tried to bash his head in with momentum and his dog kicked her.
    So, was she successful? Granted Hetr's hand would have provided some amount of cushion when Hetr's head bashed into the handle, but I would expect that at the very least he would have a bad concussion from that. And that's assuming his head was still attached to his body. The way it's drawn, his head is much too far from his shoulder, but if his head came off, I don't think the cape would have traveled with it, so I'm not sure how to interpret that.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    So, how about core leeching the stones at the base of the tower? Not that good for prisoner retrieval, but it should make Rahm think about his situation.
    You can definetly core leech inanimate objects that said the more often you do it and the bigger the object your affecting is the more likely the khert is to delete you rather than the object you're core leaching.

Something tells me trying to core-leech the foundation is just a particularly flashy way of deleting oneself from existance.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Why was it now anyone would care about Quigley?

He is just an insignificant mercenary who is going to be dead in a few years all the same.

And is Rahn also a tactic caster, or does he just have a lot of magic items prepared?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quigley's an asset and known (if reluctant) ally, Uaid's an asset and transportation, and Matty's a good kid.

Rahm is not a tacit caster. Didn't Ashley say something about only showing tacit casters by pointing them out with neon arrows because she can't write out the verbal commands for everyone all the time?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh.. no.. i mean why would anyone care enough about Quigley to try and steal him?

He is amusing enough in a snarky way as a character.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Why wouldn't you be able to? All it is is removing an aspect from something to trigger the Khert's garbage retrieval protocols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoc View Post
    You can definetly core leech inanimate objects that said the more often you do it and the bigger the object your affecting is the more likely the khert is to delete you rather than the object you're core leaching.

Something tells me trying to core-leech the foundation is just a particularly flashy way of deleting oneself from existance.
    Looks like you're right. I didn't realize that "borrowing" the aspect of solidity from stone, which Elka did several times, was a distinct thing from leeching it.
    Awesome Edward Elric avatar by gurgleflep!
    Let's Watch Steins;Gate!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Why was it now anyone would care about Quigley?

He is just an insignificant mercenary who is going to be dead in a few years all the same.

And is Rahn also a tactic caster, or does he just have a lot of magic items prepared?
    Rahm has a lot of pymarics. Ashley said that she usually cuts out the words of spells so as not to clutter up pages, and if another tacit caster appears, we'll know.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ahh.. no.. i mean why would anyone care enough about Quigley to try and steal him?

He is amusing enough in a snarky way as a character.
    Bastion asked Rahm to dispose of him in the first panel here. Ashley mentioned that she originally planed for Bastion to kill Elan because Bastion "takes betrayal personally." My guess is that Bastion considers Quigley to have betrayed the plot, too (even if Quigley never talked to Bastion directly) and he doesn't want to take any chances with Quigley possibly causing problems in the future, so he wants Quigley to die. It's probably more a matter of not wanting to take any chances than actually expecting Quigley to cause problems.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-08-16 at 09:46 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Bastion asked Rahm to dispose of him in the first panel here. Ashley mentioned that she originally planed for Bastion to kill Elan because Bastion "takes betrayal personally." My guess is that Bastion considers Quigley to have betrayed the plot, too (even if Quigley never talked to Bastion directly) and he doesn't want to take any chances with Quigley possibly causing problems in the future, so he wants Quigley to die. It's probably more a matter of not wanting to take any chances than actually expecting Quigley to cause problems.
    More importantly, Quigley has an entirely unearned reputation as a highly-skilled hero due to the play about him. Bastion's reaction to him is like finding out that Rambo or James Bond had wandered into the area while you're planning an evil scheme.

(So of course you put his son in danger and try to catch him in an elaborate deathtrap.)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    More importantly, Quigley has an entirely unearned reputation as a highly-skilled hero due to the play about him. Bastion's reaction to him is like finding out that Rambo or James Bond had wandered into the area while you're planning an evil scheme.

(So of course you put his son in danger and try to catch him in an elaborate deathtrap.)
    I doubt that Bastion would be influenced by the play very much with respect to Quigley's abilities. Bastion probably has a pretty realistic understanding of Quigley's limitations. I think he talks to people a lot and probably knows that Quigley had to turn to the Black Tongues for help for Matty's blindness and Timofey might even have told him that Quigley didn't do all that well against Anadyne and Starfish. He would also understand that Quigley didn't have much prestige in Alderode before things blew up. I think he might have gotten the impression that Quigley might be more idealistic than he is from the play, though.

I think Ashley's answer would apply to other people more than Bastion, although it would be partially true for him, too.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe Bastion doesn't want them becoming friends, maybe he thinks it will undermine any potential influence he might have, or maybe if they gang up they'll be too powerful together for whatever Bastion has planned. Or he fears Quigly's hate for Alderode might interfere with Duane traveling there (though he seemed pretty set on that).

Bastion didn't seem like the casually murderous type so I hope it is something more than Quigly being a minor complication which his plans would be better off without. I trust he has a real, solid reason for getting rid of him which we are not yet privy to.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

We did see Bastion pissed that Quigs and Duane were hanging out. That was the last straw--and, given Bastion's obsessive pride in Duane as his creation, possibly the only straw.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    We did see Bastion pissed that Quigs and Duane were hanging out. That was the last straw--and, given Bastion's obsessive pride in Duane as his creation, possibly the only straw.
    Quigley also insulted Bastion, by insulting Duane. Bastion doesn't like that.

I think there are zero chances of Duane and Quigs getting along. Quigs is a rather selfish person that has no other goals than self preservation. Duane is wide eyed idealist, with lust for vengeance.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

I suspect Duane can approach Quigley's good side by aiding his goals of self-preservation and Matty-preservation. Sort of like what's happening now.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

I can't see them being friends, but I can easily see them being allies.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I expect Duane and Quigley to end up in a "work together, bicker all the time" sort of relationship. On Quigley's part, at least. Duane keeps trying to be his Aldish expatriate buddy. It's kind of adorable, really.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the explanation, makes a little more sense why a relatively minor player like Quigley would suddenly get focused like that.
    Also missed earlier that he lost his magic, a bit surprised about that, but explains how easy he went down.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Thanks for the explanation, makes a little more sense why a relatively minor player like Quigley would suddenly get focused like that.
    Also missed earlier that he lost his magic, a bit surprised about that, but explains how easy he went down.
    Actually, as far as I know, the only pymaric Quigley lost was his bug cloak, but Duane gave that back to him. I think Quigley went down so fast simply because he triggered a very effective trap. Maybe he was too worried or distracted by arguing with Duane to be as cautious as normal, but I think it was mostly just a matter of Rahm being one step ahead of him.

Maybe Rahm was also thinking that Uaid was damaged, too, and was just lumping that in. Or maybe Quigley had more pymarics back when he first fled Alderode.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-08-18 at 02:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. it is a little confusing, Rahm directly mentioned that Quigley had lost his pymarics, and though him weakend enough that he could have been left to the officials.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quigley has also been fighting for days now, and magic does cause fatigue. He may be much weaker than when he fought Duane, while Rahm has been saving his own strength this whole time.
    Duane doesn't seem to be that tired, but it might be a zombie thing, or it could be because, as an instructor, he actually knows how to use magic in a less tiresome way.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

It'll be just like The Odd Couple, only one's a patriot and the other's a traitor.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2016-08-19 at 09:52 AM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Any bets on what they saw?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Any bets on what they saw?
    Something weird, I guess. Note that Toma looks complacent, while Elka is horrified, so I'm guessing Duane's new jawdropping look

What else could they see? Naked Bastion? Iori flying? Uaid? Sette lootin'?
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-08-22 at 07:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Something weird, I guess. Note that Toma looks complacent, while Elka is horrified, so I'm guessing Duane's new jawdropping look

What else could they see? Naked Bastion? Iori flying? Uaid? Sette lootin'?
    All of the above?

Whatever it is, I guess Toma has simply seen too much recently to care about it.
    So, at worst they are facing another Silver-monster or something in that league.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Someone on a dog is chasing them. I'll guess that's Hetr. In this comic, people can be very durable.

What else could they see? Naked Bastion...
    Naked Duane! (The hands were grabbing Duane's clothing.)
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-08-22 at 09:22 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Someone on a dog is chasing them.
    According to Ashley, it's not good. So maybe not Duane (the location doesn't align any way).

Even bigger invisible mecha.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

Only 16 remaining.

It seems first/second panel is some wright holding aspects of the waterfall.

Unsure who just uttered "Death is the Gods' crime".

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic.

Only 16 remaining.

It seems first/second panel is some wright holding aspects of the waterfall.

Unsure who just uttered "Death is the Gods' crime".
    I believe Quigley is gagged, so Rahm is saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.