New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Unsounded II: Two Wrights Can Mend A Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Bell described the voice as "sibilant." I could easily imagine a lizard having a sibilant voice. The voice talked up Deliciou. Hmm.

This does indicate that Bell is really religious; it's apparently not just an act.
    I didn't really expect it to be an act, but it has been confirmed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Not just that, he admits he is manipulating her for the title, and plans to off her mother as soon as he can.
    I wonder how much of it she's heard and understood. Karl would probably keep up appearances of taking care of Chea if he pulled off his plan, but I wouldn't expect good things for her in such a situation.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I wonder how much of it she's heard and understood. Karl would probably keep up appearances of taking care of Chea if he pulled off his plan, but I wouldn't expect good things for her in such a situation.
    She might be better off than she is now. He'd probably be happy to give her up to her blood relatives if they want her. She's just being ignored by her mother anyway.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

She might be better off than she is now. He'd probably be happy to give her up to her blood relatives if they want her. She's just being ignored by her mother anyway.
    Or he might do any of several much worse things, for caution or a power trip or a quick buck. If he doesn't, she still gets to grow up the daughter of a KIA father and murdered mother, and stepdaughter of the murderer. Between that and her status quo, I suspect most would take the status quo.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Or he might do any of several much worse things, for caution or a power trip or a quick buck. If he doesn't, she still gets to grow up the daughter of a KIA father and murdered mother, and stepdaughter of the murderer. Between that and her status quo, I suspect most would take the status quo.
    Well, yes, of course he might do horrible things if the plan comes to fruition. That doesn't mean Chea wouldn't be in danger from Jack or Bell even earlier than that, though. I could imagine her being used as a hostage if they find out Toma is alive, for example. Or she might be used as leverage against Emne before Emne is killed. Any way you look at it, it's easy to feel sorry for Chea.

And no, I don't think many people would want the evil plan to succeed, so yes, I agree that the status quo where the evil plan has not yet been successfully completed would probably be preferred by most people.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

'Now' was your chosen standard of comparison. I agree that there are alternative scenarios where this plan isn't followed that end badly or worse for Chea.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Sette's weird anatomy continues to be sore spot for her. Probably more so, after the encounter with Starfish, may he rest in pieces. Fortunately, or unfortunately, everyone has something else to worry about now.

It's both adorable and sad to watch Duane try to be a prim and proper Aldish father to Sette.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-04-10 at 04:46 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Sette's weird anatomy continues to be sore spot for her. Probably more so, after the encounter with Starfish, may he rest in pieces. Fortunately, or unfortunately, everyone has something else to worry about now.

It's both adorable and sad to watch Duane try to be a prim and proper Aldish father to Sette.
    Has any bratty homunculus-construct ever been looked after by a sweeter trapped-in-a-decaying-corpse zombie dad?

All numbers are grammatically correct

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Starfish, may he rest in pieces. Fortunately, or unfortunately, everyone has something else to worry about now.
    Wasn't he reused as Silvers next source? I fear we will see him, yet.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

I like how Sette recognized Duane's ranting as being worried for his brother. There's going to be some divisive opinions about this battle on Uaid, unless something happens to give them something more important to worry about.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Was the battle over the Silver?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    No, battle was just some border skirmish. See start of the chapter.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    No, battle was just some border skirmish. See start of the chapter.
    No, they aren't near the border. Also, read the first page: "WHat the hell are they after--?" Then on the current page: "But you can see they found the Crecian forces protecting something." It sounds like both sides were fighting over something, even if the troops didn't know what it was.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

No, they aren't near the border. Also, read the first page: "WHat the hell are they after--?" Then on the current page: "But you can see they found the Crecian forces protecting something." It sounds like both sides were fighting over something, even if the troops didn't know what it was.
    As far as we know, it's a random skirmish. Pretty sure Deliceu continued on his way, so they aren't fighting over him.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-04-18 at 06:29 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

For a random skirmish, it's pretty big, and involves both nations' top of the line weapons.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

For a random skirmish, it's pretty big, and involves both nations' top of the line weapons.
    Right. That was a fairly major raid, not a skirmish. The spot was surprisingly well defended for somewhere that seems to have no military value. It's a safe bet that something was going on.

Another thing: the silver was merely drifting with the current. The river is flowing through some very flat country, so the current is probably very slow. The silver could easily have been nearby during the battle if it is too weak to propel itself.

It's possible that the Alds were trying to capture or destroy the silver, but I doubt it. They shouldn't have known that it was there. A horrifying possibility is that Bell arranged with a top Ssaelit leader to stage the battle, though, in order to feed the silver. I wouldn't put it past Ashley to write the story that way, so I'm leaning toward the second idea, even though it's pretty outrageous.

Added: I guess it's possible that the Crecians were just passing through and were spotted by a spy or a scout and the Alds decided to attack them before they got where they were going, but that seems random. There weren't any signs of a road there or boats that the Crecians might have been traveling on.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-04-18 at 10:10 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Blinded as he is by his own nationalism, Duane has a point. Quigley's opportunistic nihilism doesn't give him the moral high ground he thinks it does.

Also, man, the water women's transparent necks are pretty creepy.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Also, man, the water women's transparent necks are pretty creepy.
    Yeah, I went back to look at the cover and the earlier page where Uaid almost stepped on one, and sure enough they had the weird necks there too. I hadn't noticed. I must have been distracted for some reason.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New page.

Eew
    Well, thanks for ruining storms for me.
    I will never again go out when it is raining.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

It looks like the one water witch is more interested in the medallions that she's collected than than she is interested in the stormbringers. I think it's the same one that grabbed the medallion on the bottom of the previous page. I wonder what's up with that.

I think she probably is also the same one that's on the cover looking the opposite direction of the other water witches. (She's ignoring the Stormbringers there, too.) She is probably also the one that Uaid almost stepped on. Given the way she keeps standing out, I suspect that she will become involved in the story somehow.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Has anybody gotten her books in print? I am curious about the quality..

Ive been waiting forever to buy a set and almost missed the kickstarter, but I lucked out and was one of the last people of 100 to get in on the 3-volume donation tier. Frankly I am surprised she hasn't gone to a main-stream publisher yet, her work is amazing and she could easily sell books across Europe.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I got the first two volumes in print. I thought the quality was fine.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Has anybody gotten her books in print? I am curious about the quality..

Ive been waiting forever to buy a set and almost missed the kickstarter, but I lucked out and was one of the last people of 100 to get in on the 3-volume donation tier. Frankly I am surprised she hasn't gone to a main-stream publisher yet, her work is amazing and she could easily sell books across Europe.
    They are pretty fun and Book 2 contains Aldish language starter.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic

Duane preserves the dignity of the fallen.
    In the most awesome way imaginable.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

I guess "trying to preach Ssaelism to his kid" is another reason for Quigley to be mad at Duane.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I guess "trying to preach Ssaelism to his kid" is another reason for Quigley to be mad at Duane.
    That triggered a rather tangential thought based on part of Ashley's comment for the page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    In Ssaelism, bodies are always cremated, it being believed that decay is an indignity implemented by the Twin Gods when they designed the world. The gods had no interest in the dignity of mankind. Duane and other Ssaelit reject their cruelty.
    Duane has to keep fighting his own decay. It's no wonder he's so gloomy. Not only is it a constant problem for practical reasons, it's like a constant insult to him.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, the fact that he's constantly rotting is a source of major emotional anguish for him. He did consider himself damned and forsaken by Ssael, until recent revelations.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Going back to that question, I reread more of the earlier pages of the chapter. Bastion said that there was fighting near Earlstrat on the river they were on because of rumors of a secret Crescian construct facility. Although I didn't see any such facility and I couldn't find any mention of where exactly Earlstrat is, that might explain what the fighting was about.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sure Quigley's foolproof plan to have Uaid lash out against a random water-woman will win back his son's admiration in no time.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

After tonguing Yerta, young Bastion finds himself in an all boys club.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Timofey would make a great bard.

And whatever that snake-demon thing is I think he has the right idea about it.
    It looks creepy.

As does the clubhouse of the bird guys.
    That place just screams „evil lair”.