New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MtG] GitP Regulars as Magic the Gathering Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I'll trade cards with someone - you just need to give me something to work with.
    loves warlock has problem with creating class fluff and always calls paladin duo holy dunce isthere any thing you need

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I got back from work. What are the changes I need to make to the list.
    I'll trade cards with someone - you just need to give me something to work with.
    I'll trade with you. I'm Snowbuff. The Snowbluffiest.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Banned

Traitorous Blackguard 2BB
    Creature - Human Knight R
    Whenever Traitorous Blackguard becomes paired with a creature called Loyal Paladin, exile them, and then meld them into Amoral Incarnation
    4/2
    /
    Amoral Incarnation (C)
    Creature - Eldrazi Knight R
    Creatures you control have protection from each colour that they are not. (For example, nonwhite creatures you control have protection from white)
    6/6

Feather Flurry 1R
    Sorcery - R
    Feather Flurry deals 1 damage to target creature or player. Then, if you own feather flurry and both own and control a creature called Nivix Neophoenix, exile it and this card and meld them into Neo, Phoenix Lord.
    At the beginning of your end step, if two or more creatures entered the battlefield under your control this turn, you may return feather flurry from your graveyard to your hand.
    /
    Neo, Phoenix Lord (UR)
    Creature - Phoenix Wizard R
    Flying, Prowess
    Whenever you cast your second spell each turn, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
    Whenever your second creature enters the battlefield under your control each turn, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
    4/5

Rinar's Tower 1UU
    Enchantment - R
    2: Draw a card, then discard a card. Then, if you both own and control both Rinar's Tower and an enchantment called Xulda's Alleyway, exile them both and meld them into Xuldarinar's Nightmare.
    Madness comes at a price. Knowledge comes with a reward.
    /
    Xuldarinar's Nightmare (B)
    Creature - Nightmare Horror R
    Whenever a player discards a card, put a 2/2 black horror creature token onto the battlefield under your control.
    2: Draw a card, then discard a card.
    Everything comes with a reward if you try hard enough.

The Felblade 8
    Legendary Artifact - Equipment MR
    Equip 3
    The Felblade costs 3 less for each creature you control but don't own.
    Equipped creature gets +9/-4 and has Indestructible.
    Whenever the Felblade becomes equipped to a creature called "Fel Lord", if you both own and control both cards, exile them and meld them into Red Fel, Lord of Evil
    /
    Red Fel, Lord of Evil (BR)
    Legendary Creature - Wizard MR
    Indestructible
    When Red Fel, Lord of Evil deals damage to a creature, gain control of it.
    BR: Red Fel deals 1 damage to target creature.
    13/1

Knight of the Dragoncrest 4WW
    Creature - Human Soldier MR
    First Strike, Lifelink, Vigilance, Protection from white, from black, from blue and from green.
    T: If you both own and control Knight of the Dragoncrest and a creature called Primordial Dragon, exile them and meld them into Draconium, Dragon Champion.
    His only goal is to find his master. All else is secondary.
    /
    Draconium, Dragon Champion (WR)
    Legendary Creature - Human Dragon Knight MR
    First Strike, Flying, Lifelink, Trample, Vigilance, Protection from white, from black, from blue and from green.
    XRR: Draconium, Dragon Champion deals X damage to each creature your opponents control and each opponent.

Sanguine Sword 1
    Artifact - Equipment U
    Equip 1
    Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and has lifelink
    Whenever Sanguine Sword becomes equipped to a creature called Field Sanguinist, if you both own and control both cards, exile them and meld them into Elric's Hospitaller
    /
    Elric's Hospitaller (W)
    Creature - Human Knight U
    First Strike, Lifelink
    Whenever Elric's Hospitaller deals damage to a creature, prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to each creature you control where X is the amount of damage dealt in this way..
    Now, he's trying to save every damned creature he can find.
    3/1

Serpent's Seal 5
    Artifact - U
    Whenever a creature you control deals lethal damage, you gain 5 life.
    T: If you both own and control Serpent's Seal and an enchantment called World Serpent's Curse, exile them both and meld them into Jörmungandr's Brood
    /
    Jörmungandr's Brood
    Creature - Snake U
    Creatures you control have First Strike and Deathtouch.
    Creatures you don't control get -2/-2.
    3/1

Samurai Shrimp 1UB
    Creature - Fish Samurai C
    Bushido 2
    Whenever Samurai Shrimp is returned to your hand by the effect of a card named "Ninja Prawn", if you control both cards, exile them and meld them into Seahorse Outrider.
    2/2
    /
    Seahorse Outrider (UB)
    Creature - Fish Soldier C
    Seahorse Outrider can't be blocked.
    When Seahorse Outrider deals combat damage to a player, the next spell you cast costs 2 less.
    2/2

Crazed Gladiator BB
    Creature - Human Soldier R
    Creatures have "2: Gain control of this creature. Any player may activate this ability".
    Whenever you both own and control Crazed Gladiator and a creature called Crazed Ringmaster, exile them and meld them into Snowbluff.
    Viewer discretion advised.
    1/1
    /
    Snowbluff (BR)
    Legendary Creature R
    2: Gain control of target creature or spell on the stack.
    Current situation unknown.
    2/2

Training Monastery
    Land R
    WT: Add CR to your mana pool.
    RT: Add CW to your mana pool.
    T: If you both own and control Training Monastery and an enchantment called Monastery Training, exile them both and meld them into Monastery Monk
    /
    Monastery Monk (WR)
    Creature - Human Monk R
    Double strike.
    Whenever Monastery monk becomes blocked or stops being blocked, it deals damage equal to its power to blocking creature.
    4/2

(Completed up to post #72)
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2016-07-24 at 05:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, here's a few (also one for me, since I'm a narcissist.)

EDIT: The Warlock Khadgar should be 2B, not 3B. I'll fix that when I have the chance.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2016-07-24 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Sanguine Sword 1
    Artifact - Equipment U
    Equip 1
    Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and has lifelink
    Whenever Sanguine Sword becomes equipped to a creature called Field Sanguinist, if you both own and control both cards, exile them and meld them into Elric's Hospitaller
    /
    Elric's Hospitaller (W)
    Creature - Human Knight U
    First Strike, Lifelink
    Whenever Elric's Hospitaller deals damage to a creature, prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to each creature you control.
    Now, he's trying to save every damned creature he can find.
    This is pretty sweet. I'm not familiar with the merge mechanic, but it seems to make sense. I think you forgot to define how you determine X and what the Power and Toughness of the Hospitaller are.

Serpent's Seal 5
    Artifact - U
    Whenever a creature you control deals lethal damage, you gain 5 life.
    T: If you both own and control Serpent's Seal and an enchantment called World Serpent's Curse, exile them both and meld them into Jörmungandr's Brood
    /
    Jörmungandr's Brood
    Creature - Snake U
    Creatures you don't control have First Strike and Deathtouch.
    Creatures you don't control get -2/-2.
    3/1
    This one gives Deathtouch and First Strike to creatures you don't control? Shouldn't it be creatures you do control?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Banned

Fixed and fixed.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

The Felblade 8
    Legendary Artifact - Equipment MR
    Equip 3
    The Felblade costs 3 less for each creature you control but don't own.
    Equipped creature gets +9/-4 and has Indestructible.
    Whenever the Felblade becomes equipped to a creature called "Fel Lord", if you both own and control both cards, exile them and meld them into Red Fel, Lord of Evil
    /
    Red Fel, Lord of Evil (BR)
    Legendary Creature - Wizard MR
    Indestructible
    When Red Fel, Lord of Evil deals damage to a creature, gain control of it.
    BR: Red Fel deals 1 damage to target creature.
    13/1
    Huh. Okay, that's pretty neat. Let me see that I follow it all.

We start with this:

Thanks again, Draconium.

Now, the Felblade is obviously designed to work with the Fel Lord, so let's go with that. Here's my first concern, because I'm not sure how the turns play out - can you play an artifact after the Fel Lord attacks? Because his ability to control creatures he hits only lasts until the end of the turn. If not, then the cost reduction on Felblade really only applies if it's played immediately after Fel Lord, given that his ability triggers as soon as he enters play, or if you use the Fel Lord's BR ability. Notably, if you use the BR ability, the cost reduction really isn't a lot - spend two mana to take control of a creature, reduce the Felblade's cost by three, net saving of one. Still, I love the flavor of the mechanics working together.

So let's see what happens. The Fel Lord is a Legendary Demon Wizard (Demon, not Devil, for shame, Drac), 4/5, with the ability to damage and take control of creatures. The Felblade is a +9/-4 artifact that makes its wielder indestructible. When combined, they form yours truly, with the powers of both - a 13/1 Indestructible Legendary Wizard with the ability to damage and take control of creatures. On the one hand, their combination is merely equal to the sum of its parts, rather than something more; on the other, having the advantage of the artifact without the ability to lose the artifact is a really nice touch. And I have a weakness for this melding mechanic.

Overall? Do likey, Jormengand, do likey.

Now pardon me while I update my sig again.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Demon and Devil mean different things in MtG than in DnD. While DnD devils are LE schemers, MtG devils are CE tricksters and tend to be pretty low grade. MtG demons often fill the role of DnD devils. Red Fel in MtG would be a Demon.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I kind of want to go back and rewrite World Serpent's Curse as an Epic spell but I don't know the mechanics on those very well.

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I kind of want to go back and rewrite World Serpent's Curse as an Epic spell but I don't know the mechanics on those very well.
    I'd recommend against it. Epic is not a good mechanic. Preventing yourself from playing any other cards for the rest of the game is not fun.

Love wins. S'agapo.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Huh. Okay, that's pretty neat. Let me see that I follow it all.

We start with this:

Thanks again, Draconium.

Now, the Felblade is obviously designed to work with the Fel Lord, so let's go with that. Here's my first concern, because I'm not sure how the turns play out - can you play an artifact after the Fel Lord attacks? Because his ability to control creatures he hits only lasts until the end of the turn. If not, then the cost reduction on Felblade really only applies if it's played immediately after Fel Lord, given that his ability triggers as soon as he enters play, or if you use the Fel Lord's BR ability. Notably, if you use the BR ability, the cost reduction really isn't a lot - spend two mana to take control of a creature, reduce the Felblade's cost by three, net saving of one. Still, I love the flavor of the mechanics working together.

So let's see what happens. The Fel Lord is a Legendary Demon Wizard (Demon, not Devil, for shame, Drac), 4/5, with the ability to damage and take control of creatures. The Felblade is a +9/-4 artifact that makes its wielder indestructible. When combined, they form yours truly, with the powers of both - a 13/1 Indestructible Legendary Wizard with the ability to damage and take control of creatures. On the one hand, their combination is merely equal to the sum of its parts, rather than something more; on the other, having the advantage of the artifact without the ability to lose the artifact is a really nice touch. And I have a weakness for this melding mechanic.

Overall? Do likey, Jormengand, do likey.

Now pardon me while I update my sig again.
    There is a second main phase after the combat phase, that would be when you can gain the benefit of creatures you control but don't own. Also from what I can figure, the card is intentionally designed so that you can ping things, take them, and lower it's cost, that's why it's 3 mana reduced. If it reduced less, it would be bad, and if it reduced more it would be too good. Now, exploring it in conjunction with it's partner is one thing, however, and exploring it in the broader context of DnD is another. There are a number of cards, many red, that can cause cards to swap control, even permanently, thus providing a significant cost reduction for a card that is incredibly good (as long as you have creatures with a solid butt). Crater Elemental, for instance, is a 0/5 for three, which has the ability to boost its power to 8 as long as creatures you control have total power 8 or more. So equip him and for three mana each turn you have a 17/1 Indestructable creature.

I don't think it's broken, however, because its Legendary, so its a really good card, the kind you can build a deck around (and being colorless, Green would also like it, with Green's ramp enabling the ability to cast it reasonably) but not a broken one. Because most creatures equipped with it will fall to a -x/-1 effect or counter.

And he's a Demon because Demons are more powerful than Devils in MtG. MtG doesn't have Lawful vs. Chaotic, and Devils are generally red, while Demons are always Black (sometimes others as well) as the quintessential example of Black's love of Power as its own end and purpose.

That said, the Meld mechanic should call the new Melded card a token or it should be the flip side of the card with the Mechanic instead of a new card. Personally, I'd say the latter, since then you can resurrect it should it die (though this one, being indestructable, is far more likely to be exiled than sent to graveyard, others might not have that benefit). Also, then you don't have a card that people can't play unless they happen to chance upon what will be a valuable second card, since there's no may in the ability, meaning that if you equip Fel Lord with the Felblade, but don't happen to own a copy of the Meld (whether full card or token), you are forced to exile both and can't put anything into play. Under tourney rules at least. In casual a proxy is usually tolerated.
    Last edited by Jallorn; 2016-07-24 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Demon and Devil mean different things in MtG than in DnD. While DnD devils are LE schemers, MtG devils are CE tricksters and tend to be pretty low grade. MtG demons often fill the role of DnD devils. Red Fel in MtG would be a Demon.

... I accept this appellation. For now.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, i cant find the freakin link to the MtG Card maker, so these dont actual cards atm

Spoiler: Neophoenix
    Show

Spoiler: Red Fel
    Show

Spoiler: Snowbluff
    Show

Im pretty sure these are in line with current cards, im mostly concerned about mana cost.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2016-07-24 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Ok, i cant find the freakin link to the MtG Card maker, so these dont actual cards atm
    The link you want is MTG Cardsmith. And you really, really might consider using smaller images. Wowzers.

I like mine. It's simple and accurate - I really would rather have a mindless minion taking the hits for me.

Or someone I dislike who can't do anything about it. I'm flexible.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    The link you want is MTG Cardsmith. And you really, really might consider using smaller images. Wowzers.

I like mine. It's simple and accurate - I really would rather have a mindless minion taking the hits for me.

Or someone I dislike who can't do anything about it. I'm flexible.
    Yes, yes they are. It always seem to be that way with pics i find, the perfect ones are freakin huge Thanks for the link, ill get them shrunk in a bit.

I thought you would, its basically a Palisade Giant that hits harder.....and flies.

Edit: Fixed it. They are now actual cards.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2016-07-24 at 07:35 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground

People be mistreatin' me for being purple and callin' me colorless, so take this!

Last edited by ThePurple; 2016-07-24 at 08:03 PM.
    4e Homebrew: Shadow Knight, Scout
    roll20: Kitru

17. - Top - End - #227

Spoiler: Neophoenix
    Show

Spoiler: Red Fel
    Show

Show

Im pretty sure these are in line with current cards, im mostly concerned about mana cost.
    Blazing Phoenix: Phoenixes are always red. Destroying all creatures is a white effect, though black has dabbled in it.
    Fel Guard: Both vigilance and the damage redirection ability are firmly white. See Palisade Giant for templating.
    Yandere's Wrath: This is very undercosted. Doom Blade was as efficient as removal got back in the day, and they've dialed back the power of removal significantly in recent years. This effect would probably cost 4 mana at uncommon nowadays, or as much as 6 at common.

A card for Elric:

Love wins. S'agapo.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Blazing Phoenix: Phoenixes are always red. Destroying all creatures is a white effect, though black has dabbled in it.
    Fel Guard: Both vigilance and the damage redirection ability are firmly white. See Palisade Giant for templating.
    Yandere's Wrath: This is very undercosted. Doom Blade was as efficient as removal got back in the day, and they've dialed back the power of removal significantly in recent years. This effect would probably cost 4 mana at uncommon nowadays, or as much as 6 at common.
    Ya i saw, but Neo doesnt use a ton of red, though i could make it a black......

You are not wrong, though there are a few that aren't (Bartel Runeaxe), its mostly that i don't see Fel as White, and bad guys need bodyguards too.

I was comparing it to Exile, which also gives you Life=to targets Toughness, but ill change it.

Edit: Its now Black Flame Phoenix, its the same but Black now and Yandere's Wrath costs 2BB
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2016-07-24 at 08:26 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

A card for Elric:

That is a really interesting mix of mechanics, and I like it. A lot. I don't think it's one I'd really play, not my style, but it's interesting to consider the possible strategies around it.

Ya i saw, but Neo doesnt use a ton of red, though i could make it a black......

You are not wrong, though there are a few that aren't (Bartel Runeaxe), its mostly that i don't see Fel as White, and bad guys need bodyguards too.

I was comparing it to Exile, which also gives you Life=to targets Toughness, but ill change it.
    Exile is also limited to nonwhite and attacking, and still costs one more mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jallorn View Post
    Exile is also limited to nonwhite and attacking, and still costs one more mana.
    Ya i was like "Hmmm limited target, but you get life out of it. Ah screw someone will tell me if i'm wrong lol" and Lo.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, Jorm, I got inspired to make a card for you... Or at least one based off of your name...

Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A card for Elric:

Well that looks fun. Tricky to play with both prowess and transform, but potentially very nice.

It's interesting seeing what people have made for me. None of it has been what I'd expected to see.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

A snowbluff is a geological feature, but it is now a bluff with snow on it but a snow in the shape of a bluff.

Show

Hahaha nice. This is a thanks. I analyses it below.
    Color costed instant speed exile is 3 mana, maybe as BBB or BB with a penalty (anguished unmaking costs 3 life).
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Colossus in the Playground

So no one wants to make one for me?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

Color costed instant speed exile is 3 mana, maybe as BBB or BB with a penalty (anguished unmaking costs 3 life).
    Note that both Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile are quite a bit more powerful than the current standard. Anguished Unmaking is probably the strongest unconditional removal available right now, but it is two colors.

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Any requests for what you want on yours?

Love wins. S'agapo.

26. - Top - End - #236

Something something crafting something something homebrew.

I'm not sure how to translate this into MtG terms, but I'm a pretty prolific homebrewer for 5E, so something in that vein.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure how to translate this into MtG terms, but I'm a pretty prolific homebrewer for 5E, so something in that vein.
    I was thinking of doing an artificer who makes copies of stuff.

28. - Top - End - #238

I was thinking of doing an artificer who makes copies of stuff.
    That'd be cool.

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, you already got one. It's just not all fancy like some of these others.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

30. - Top - End - #240

Something like this, maybe?

Love wins. S'agapo.