New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Oathbreaker: New Guardians (IC)

Bittersweet's Cafe Interior
    Umbria, Frontieria
    Daria, Djura, Krassis, Cassidea, Baird, Szymon, Zachary

The cafe is a small, garishly decorated affair, with lace and frills place everywhere. The party finds themselves at a group of tables pushed together, as each able would normally fit 4 at most. At the table there is two other people, Sissy, the de facto leader of the Guardians in Frontiera, being the high tier of 2 and with the most seniority, and Tora, another Tier 2 Guardian. Sissy is a short nephilim woman, a white horn with fair features and wide, milky white eyes. Her hair is short, and adorned with a pair of feather-like antennae. Tora, on the other hand, is an incredibly tall tigress catfolk with very long hair. If the other guests weren't staring at the party for the large number of normally sparse Guardians gathered, they would be staring at her for her eye-catching beauty.

The waitress, a swarthy catfolk in a revealing maid's outfit named Bittersweet, places a large ice cream sundae in front of Sissy and a black coffee in front of Tora. She eagerly awaits the order from the newly arrived Guardians, eying them without blinking. She had given them a rambunctious spiel about her wares being good to eat earlier, but other than that she hasn't seemed to have breathed since they've arrived.

"Alright, guys," Sissy starts, in her normally cheerful and youthful voice. "Now I'm happy I could get to meetcha here today. Reactivating this site will be very important for the future of the Guardians. It's been shut down ever since my broth- since the former lead researcher had passed away. Returning to normal operations after all that has happened will signal to the world that the Guardians are here to stay, and we will continue our work in perpetuity." Tora shifts uncomfortably in her chair. She hasn't touched her coffee. "Most of our salvage and archaeological rights are outside the city barricade, in the Black Forest. The forest is cursed and full of magical beasts, so make sure to be careful. Anything to say, Tora?" she says, looking up at the taller woman.

"I don't really need help, I was fine working alone," she protests glumly. Her voice is airy, but deep. There's an overpracticed stiff feeling to her speech.

"Aww, with Luka gone you're the only Guardian around. It wouldn't be fair for me, as the leader, to make you do this by yourself," Sissy says to Tora, before turning the team. "I'm sorry guys, she complains but she gets lonely if we leave her alone." She lets out a mirthful chuckle.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Oathbreaker: New Guardians (IC)

Cassidea turns to Bittersweet and asks,"I wouldn't mind a cup of tea? Something... fruity."

When she turns back to Sissy and Tora she smiles at their exchange. "I'm sure we'll get along well enough."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I would appreciate, if you could bring me a peppermint tea. And your number, maybe? Szymon replies to the waitress (the fact, that she wasn't his type of girl, doesn't really matter for him at the moment.

Magical Beasts you say? Szymon says in his Blacklighter-accent. His eyebrow raised, his shirt kntoted open a bit too far, he gives Sissy some stare - not pushy, and while he does, he takes out his silk-handkerchief and dries one side of his mouth. This combination makes it less sensual, than it could be.

The man with the tattoo covered arms, puts out his fabric-etui which contains his tobacco and the papers, and he starts to roll a cigarette. So... this is just a pickup-mission?
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-12-26 at 03:18 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Daria

"Yes, Tora does tend to be like that."

Daria, the alchemist who formerly worked under the late researcher, was a tall woman in her mid-twenties. She had long black hair, styled into braids, and pale skin which paired well with the flat expression in her dark eyes.

Daria quietly places her order while some of the others are talking -- "A Chaga tea, please" -- and returns her attention to the discussion in time to hear where they were to raid.

"The Black Forest laboratory, then?" Daria asks, apparently familiar with the location. "Was that the facility for experimental medical research?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Baird chuckles and slips a piece of paper to the waitress with their order written down.

"Can you see if you have Lady Grey? I've written down a description just in case it goes by a different name over here."

They weren't sure the shop would have an obscure Cappellian tea but if it was in stock it'd be a nice taste of home.

Turning back to the group, they grin.

"Yes Sissy, Tora does some of her best work when she's by herself."

As they speak, ripples pass through their body and clothing as they shift and change... and then there are two of Tora sitting at the table, one crossing their legs as they try (and fail) to look innocent as they speak again.

"Oh and can I have a pair of sticky buns too? I think I need to treat myself for all the work I've done."

Their voice drips with faux innocence at the innuendo.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Using Minor Shapeshift to copy her form while at the same time using Vestment of Many Styles to copy her clothes.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"aw don't be like that Sensei, you said yourself I was finally ready to work out in the field!"
    Zachary puffs, elated remembering the praise of his master. Upon hearing the word laboratory though, his confidence falters a bit.
    "r-r-really a laboratory as a first m-mission?" Zack shudders at the thought, that thought quickly passes by as the waitress is waiting for his order. "uh... green tea, but with apple juice? but like hot green tea mixed together with it!" Zak then got lost in thought of all the things he could mix with the teas and how it would taste.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Djura Shimo

"Chai Tea, please." He said to the waitress

Djura was an average height white horn nephilim with white-light blue hair. He had wings, however they were folded in such a way with his guardian's coat, and folded to form almost a hood, that it was impossible where the coat ended and the wings began. He smiled at both of the guardian superiors.

"Curses and beasts shouldn't be a problem to us. But is it called Black Forest because the trees are black? Because if not, then who even decided on the name?"
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Oh, hey! I wanna spiced rum."

Sitting in a chair was a large half orc in a garish robe of many bright colors, with a Warhammer painted pink on his back with red paint on the side saying "Kindness"

"Huh.... umm.... whats going on again? I wasn't paying attention... at all. Im a bit dense for such an airhead you know."
    Last edited by kylelopezwms; 2019-12-26 at 01:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Umbria, Frontieria

"And it's 'master', Zach," Tora grumbles. "We're not in Tenrai, that tongue isn't appropriate here." She smirks at Zach. "'Be like water,' remember?"

"Also, Djura, I think the forest is either called that because it's dark... or maybe because Blacklight is nearby. I can never remember," Sissy says, closing her eyes and scratching her head in thought.

Bittersweet nearly constant smile nearly falters when Szymon asks for her number in his Black-light accented voice. She does come back with the drinks, giving both Cassidae and Zach green tea with apple juice. "Super sweet and good to eat!" she says.

While she places the drinks around, Tora gets flustered at her form being appropriated for Baird's amusement. "J-just what are you insinuating," she says, her face growing red.

Bittersweet chuckles and pinches Baird on the cheek as she puts down the sweet buns and Lady Grey tea. "Oh, Sweetpea, this isn't so bad. It's like having another one of you, except it owes me less money and stares less."

Tora plants her face on the table to hide her face. "Don't listen to anything this person has to say. It's slander."

"Chaga tea," Bittersweet says smugly, putting it down for Daria. "People underestimate fungus. Bittersweet likes that you don't."

Sissy pets Tora's head before addressing the questions. "Yes, it will be the laboratories that have been covered up as the Forest started overgrowing the out parts of the city. Like you said, medical experiments. It's probably putting it a bit lightly from the old reports..."

"Wasn't good," Tora murmurs at the floor. "Live human subjects. Projects went without any regulation. No survivors. Still not sure why we were mandated to clean the place up in the first place. There couldn't be anything we'd be allowed to use."

"Well, sometimes we just clear 'em out so no one else gets to them."

"Perhaps," Tora says. She doesn't sound at all convinced.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-12-26 at 08:12 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

10. - Top - End - #10

BlueWizardGirl

Daria

Daria shoots a deadpan stare at Tora throughout the byplay, fully aware of just how much was going on there. When Bittersweet delivers her tea, she accepts it politely.

"Thank you," Daria begins, only cutting off when Sissy starts discussing the relevant material. Daria sips on her drink while Sissy elaborates on the facility.

"...Medical research has always blurred some lines," Daria comments, "so we'll probably only know if someone tried to salvage it once we are there. What was the last update from the facility?"
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2019-12-26 at 08:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

The further arrival of the tea spurs the quiet priestess to some small action. As she pulls out a small notepad, her sugar spoon pours three scoops of the granular sweetener into her cup and stirs it lightly. She slips her gloves off, baring steel plating on her right hand. The dark tattoos on the skin of her left hand stand out as she jots down notes as she speaks.

"A cleanup job is good. Not so much the things we may find. No oversight means a probably lack of morals. So the possibilities are too big to make many guesses at what we'll find.

We are going to clean that up. While we can't expect to keep or use anything, we also keep other people from misusing the same."
    Suddenly she looks up, realizing that's she's not alone again, "Sorry, I got carried away."
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2020-01-03 at 10:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

No tea, no number, no smile in return from Sissy - - - no need to sit any longer at this table and watch this strange scene... He knows it's a cleanup-mission and somewhere at the blackforest.

He stands up and walks (very ... fluid, almost like dancing) outside and lights up his cigarette. After the first inhale, he dries his mouth again, and then the parts of the puzzle matches all of a sudden. Another hasty draw from his cigarette and he snips it onto the street and runs back inside to their table.

You mean the black forest near blacklight? Szymon asks Sissy, interrupting her whatever she's doing, You know hunny, we call it, translated, forest with 10.000 dark leaves, so, sorry that I hadn't made the connection on spot, but, yeah *sucks his drool up, making the sound like a straw in an empty cup makes*, if you mean this lab, we should hurry. My people aren't so strict about the borders when a lab is abandoned - especially one used for medical research, if you know what I mean
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-12-27 at 02:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Oh, I can do more than stare."

Baird winks at Bittersweet and takes an appreciative sip of the tea.

"Though I don't think it'd be fair to use this form till you've had a chance to try out the one it's modelled on. No matter how much they may protest they don't need or want it...they do."

They grin, enjoying Tora's discomfort a little longer before getting back to the matter at hand.

"As much fun as it is to play Tora twins, I have to ask. Do we actually need the labs to still be standing, or can we just purge the no doubt horrific experiments with fire?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"Those laboratories..." Zack is lost in thought listening to Sissy describe the place. Zack accepts the tea and drinks it hastily. He finishes it places the cup down and adds on, " Nothing of value is ever in those laboratories other than the momemtos of the fallen" His hand clenches into a fist. "The entire place should be burnt down," his face is grim and somber.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I like the purging idea. Best to smash first and ask questions later. Questions hurt my head anyways!"
    The garish half orc throws his thumb up in agreement and chuckles.
    Last edited by kylelopezwms; 2019-12-30 at 04:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Djura Shimo

He took a sip of the Chai tea provided by Bittersweet, enjoying the taste of cinnamon along with its sweetness. He listened to the conversation others held, not being satisfied with the answer about Black Forest's naming, but having to begrudgingly accept it nonetheless.

"So is the cleanup all you want us to do with that place honestly, and stop whoever is using it, or is there more to it? Since it seems relatively simple..." He gave it some thought.

"And honestly the naming should be better on locations like the Black Forest. Why not call it Shadow Forest if it's dark? Proximity to blacklight is more of excuse but still..."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Umbria, Frontieria

With a wink at the Baird-Tora before heading back to the kitchen.

Szymon receives his tea from Bittersweet when she returns! "Bittersweet takes it that in Diael's... absence, people are after the research he protected?" Bittersweet says sadly. Her ears droop. "Blacklight can't be trusted anymore..." she mutters.

"While I appreciate the sentiment, not all of the experiments were of this nature," Tora says, as she pats Bittersweet's hand. "We may be able to find the documentation that authorized these experiments in the first place. Their motivation is of interest to me. Therefore, there will be no purging the lab."

"It would be unlike us, anyway, guys. It's kinda like Cassi said, we're supposed protect the artifacts, not destroy them!" Sissy says with her mouth full of ice cream.

"The labs have held up well enough," Tora says. "Not that we shouldn't be careful. There is some structural damage caused by the plant life, and there is a good chance of encountering magical beasts. Naturally, with me around it shouldn't be too difficult for you," Tora continues, closing her eyes smugly and flipping her long red hair with her hand.

Sissy and Bittersweet both exchange looks while smiling.

18. - Top - End - #18

BlueWizardGirl

Daria

"Unless we have to put out a fire," Daria 'helpfully' adds to Tora's statement, taking a sip of her tea immediately afterward. It did seem like they had all the basics covered, so it did not seem too out of line to keep Tora's ego in check.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Szymon

Either they don't see the urgency or it is not that important, to secure the documents and the lab-gear from my people... whatever he thinks, takes his tea and drinks. Every second I had to wait for it, was worth it! Szymon says with a wink to Bittersweet.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Zachary drinks his apple tea to calm down a bit.
    "Alright.. I guess that makes sensth" his mouth is muffled by his mouth on the edge of the cup.

21. - Top - End - #21

OrcBarbarianGuy

Baird takes a big bite of one of the sticky buns and speaks with their mouth full.

"Oh true, ya always gotta grab the opportunity to get dirt on people when ya can. We should gather what we need and head off."

They swallow and then speak, dryly mocking the intonation Tora used.

"Naturally, with me around it shouldn't be too difficult for you."

They flick their red hair, which shimmers and changes along with their form as they whisper the command word for their Vestment, and a perfect Bittersweet doppleganger complete with maid outfit takes a sip of Lady Grey.

"Though I think that I'd be much more useful. I can provide bouncy buns and delicious tea for all of you while you quest."

They give a wicked grin.

"Not to mention it'd give something for our illustrious mentor to stare at on the trip."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassidea looks up sharply at that last comment and stares wide-eyed at Baird, "I'm not anyone's mentor, illustrious or not!" When it dawns on her that they weren't referring to her, she turns her eyes back to her notes and carefully lifts her tea back to her lips, hoping against hope that she wasn't noticed and fearing that she was. And holy moly, her cheeks are red as blood.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Umbria, Frontieria

"That's good to hear," Bittersweets says nervously to Szymon.

"That was one time," Tora protests. "Nothing is on fire... probably."

Meanwhile, Sissy is giggling at Baird's antics. "Oh no, now there are two of them!" she says in jest.

"Regardless, you guys should take an opportunity it drop off your gear at the mansion and get rested," Tora says. "We'll be heading out tomorrow to scope out the labs. In the meantime, I'll be heading out to see Luka," Tora says, as she tosses a set of keys onto the table. "There's a key for each of you. They're enchanted to bypass the wards we put up, so don't try to make duplicates." Tora starts to get up.

"Oh, is your apprentice there? I noticed you didn't bring her with you," Sissy says. This causes Tora to stop mid-motion.

"Well, she is. That's beside the point, I have business to attend to."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Zachary perks up hearing apprentice, finishing his tea quickly and getting up to join Tora.
    "I wanna meet your other disciple, Se-Master."
    Zachary has completely left his key behind.
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2020-01-05 at 04:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Szymon

So... starting tomorrow? Who wants to join me having dinner? Where's a good - and affordable - restaurant? Szymon asks

26. - Top - End - #26

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Oh no, now there are two of them!"

Baird copies the intonation exactly as they shift to the form of Sissy, waggling their antennae, but still in Bittersweet's maid outfit.

Baird then swipes their key and also grabs Zachary's, stowing them down the cleft in their bosom (in reality an entrance to a pocket dimension of their Vestment).

"Why don't we all have dinner at the mansion Szymon. We can plan our next moves and make sure all our equipment is in order. I know mine is." They grin and wink.

Their mouth stretches unnaturally wide to allow them to swallow the last two buns in a single gulp. They finish off the still scalding tea with similar swiftness.

"I'm going to the mansion. Would be nice to see who's replaced me. Say hi to Luka for me sensei." They grin and shoot a look at Zachary as they say the final word.

27. - Top - End - #27

BlueWizardGirl

Daria LaMothe

Daria quietly takes her key and finishes her drink. She thinks over why Luka might be interested in the project -- her former sponsor had always been wary of the man. Best to be proactive about the situation.

Standing, Daria stretches before addressing her superior.

"I guess I should come with you to meet Luka, then."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassidea slips her gloves back on properly and collects her gear in her bag. As she slides her chair back, she says, "I'll go to my room. Is it first come, first served? Or are they assigned?" She looks to everyone at the table, finally stopping at Sissy. Everyone but Bittersweet, whom she made a point not to look at.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Djura Shimo

Still drinking his tea, letting its warmth and spice fill his body he absentmindendly took his key, letting his gaze move over everyone here at table again. As curious as he was about this Luka, he did need to get settled in. He will have a chance to meet the apprentice, though. See how people are trained here at Guardians.

He moved his gaze back to Bittersweet for now. "Thank you, it was a very good tea, clearly made with care and passion. I will be definitely coming here again." he said, letting the waitress and owner know he appreciated the quality.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Umbria, Frontieria

Sissy's smile fades momentarily as she sees her mirror image. She dabs her on her mouth with her napkin before resuming her normal smile. "I guess I'll be taking my leave as well. Tora, we should get some time to hang out more now that everything is cooling down," she says before departing.

"Yeah, well I'll be sure to do that," Tora says. "There are plenty of rooms. We're all adults here, I'm sure you don't need you me to assign them." With a smirk, she leaves with Daria for Luka's place.

"You're all welcome back to Bittersweet's to get food. Remember, Bittersweet is good to eat!" The maid catfolk bounces around the room before striking a pose as she says her catchphrase.

Luka's House
    Umbria, Frontieria
    Daria

Tora and Daria arrive at a small house with a cute flower garden in the front. "Alright, he should be back, maybe I should just knock.."

As she raises her hand, the door opens a crack, and a pair of yellow eyes pair of yellow, slitted eyes peer at the duo. "I could smell you coming," a voiced mumbles.

"Ah yes, is Luka home, Lahala?" Tora asks, but the eyes just narrow and look at Daria in suspicion.

Guardian Manor
    Umbria, Frontieria
    Djura, Krassis, Cassidea, Baird, Szymon, Zachary

The team arrives at a large brick mansion. They enter the foyer after unlocking the front door with one of their keys. Inside, the foyer has two large sets of stair cases that lead up to a hallway. The foyer is flanked by the dining room and the parlor.

There is a yell from the parlor. "Welcome back, sensei," says a young nephilim woman in her underwear. "Did you pick up any other booze, because this **** suuuuuuucks." She's sitting in an arm crosslegged, her elbows on her knees, her hands on a game controller. Her skin is pale, much like many nephilim, but is occasional specked with black scaled, including her tail, which rests on the arm of the chair. Her hair is dirty blonde, shaggy, neck length, and adorned with a pair of grey, ram like horns, as well a as a gaming headset. In front of her is a coffee table, which as a wireless MBK setup and a glass of brandy, and a large TV on the wall with a gaming PC wired into it.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2020-01-19 at 04:53 PM.