New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Setting 153pgs - Bas-Lag Gazetteer - China Meiville's New Crobuzon, Perdido Street

So, the "official" RPG "Tales of New Crobuzon" has been "in the works" for at least 6 years. Translation: it's dead and never coming out. So I got tired of waiting. So, here's my go at it.

This incorporates the info from the old Dragon Magazine. Well, a lot of it, anyway. If I came across things that didn't make any bloody sense, I changed things up. All told, that info is only about 10-20% of the final length.

If you've read the Bas-Lag trilogy, you know that China Mieville isn't usually keen on going into great detail on races, places, gods, etc., so in order to make a proper guide, I had to make a LOT of stuff up from scratch. I did my best, but I am not a professional writer, and if you don't like certain tidbits or ideas, no one will come break down your door and arrest you for changing them.

Obvious Disclaimer of Obviousness:
    This is a fan project. No money is being made on this. The only artwork that is "mine" are the maps that I created with Campaign Cartographer. Terms, rules, etc., are property of China Mieville, his publishers, Wizards of the Coast, Piazo, etc etc.

You should be able to access and download the guide here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0v...ew?usp=sharing

Here are some samples:

D&D Bas-Lag - Sample 1 by bjj838383, on Flickr

D&D Bas-Lag - Sample 2 by bjj838383, on Flickr

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Re: Setting 153pgs - Bas-Lag Gazetteer - China Meiville's New Crobuzon, Perdido Stree

I'm pretty stoked to see something like this. I'll have to skim it over for sure.
    Also your title kinda made me think it was one of those spam threads. Might want to revise that.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Setting 153pgs - Bas-Lag Gazetteer - China Meiville's New Crobuzon, Perdido Stree

like the summoner/ artificer hybrid looks like proper artificer class for the f ing first time so thanks mate
    physicothaumtherge looks intresting can this prc used along with summoner/artificer hybrit to improve pc him self

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Setting 153pgs - Bas-Lag Gazetteer - China Meiville's New Crobuzon, Perdido Stree

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    like the summoner/ artificer hybrid looks like proper artificer class for the f ing first time so thanks mate
    physicothaumtherge looks intresting can this prc used along with summoner/artificer hybrit to improve pc him self
    Hadn't even thought of that, wonderful idea.
    Campaign Setting: Steven Brust's Dragaera - D&D 3.5 - 76 pages - here

Campaign Setting: China Meiville's New Crobuzon, Bas-Lag, Perdido Street - D&D 3.5 - 153 pages - here

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Great work. But you are wrong regarding the official game. I'm sure New-Crobuzon rpg will be published alongside Gareth-Michael's Far West.
    Last edited by faustin; 2016-08-11 at 02:34 PM.