New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Brotherhood WW: Victorian Age

There were two people yesterday that said that Fleeing Coward was the beast.

One was, I believe, Generic Guy, and the other was Disc Lorde. Can the two of you please share how you came to this conclusion?

Sorry for not being active yesterday, the internet was out all day.

Xihirli is a pretty good lead. Although. If there are four wolves and Duck's "contact" is a wolf, we lose.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sure. I was already figuring that the Fleeing Coward wagon was a bus based on the people on it. I was figuring he was just a vanilla wolf, but then someone else suggested that he was the beast, and I realized that made perfect sense because, as I said, the wolves had no need for the disguiser anymore.

I don't like the idea of trusting this neutral. Even if they are the real neutral, they might be allied with the wolves and trying to help them win.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    There were two people yesterday that said that Fleeing Coward was the beast.
    If there are four wolves and Duck's "contact" is a wolf, we lose.
    Risk vs. reward, Duck? Tell us who your contact is so people can make an informed decision on who to lynch.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also like to point out that, even if your contact is telling the truth, you weren't the one who died last night, Duck. Someone else targeted autolycusfel, even pretending your neutral is telling the ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

Anyone else remember just a game or two ago with the Ducks, how Murska led us on a goose chase that ended up killing two townies? Murska was a neutral.
    We shouldn't follow the agenda of someone we know is not town, particularly without knowing who that someone is.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Colossus in the Playground

Wait, what? I thought the implication was that Xihirli was Mammon/the Devil and had scried Duck999, not killed them. Now I'm confused.

(Just got back from searching old posts to find what Disc Lorde said about Fleeing Coward saying he trusted I'm town. If he said it, he deleted it and no one quoted it first, though he said it about a couple other people. Probably just for distraction from himself. As always, form your own conclusions.)

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Uh, what? Why would any wolf scry Duck, considering he's an unCCed mason? That's a waste of a perfectly good scry.

Now that I think about this, it's a really weak claim or information and will probably lose the game. Unless the devil scried Duck to make super sure he was a mason, because they were worried he had claimed mason and was, uh, a VT who hadn't been counterclaimed by the real masons who wouldn't suspect him as a wolf at all... Waitwaitwait. I just realized. Xihirli can't be a mason, either. Xihirli. Claim immediately. The only possible option I see is that you're either a mason, which you're not because Duck would not be voting you. If you're 3p, say so and we'll lynch the informant.

- - - Updated - - -

Or something.

Just claim.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

The only possible option I see is that you're either a mason, which you're not because Duck would not be voting you. If you're 3p, say so and we'll lynch the informant.

- - - Updated - - -

Or something.

Just claim.
    3p? What's that?
    No, I'm vanillager. The only people who are saying I have a power role at all are the unverifiable neutral and the people who are listening to that neutral.
    I don't remember anyone saying I was Devil, but hey, maybe they were.
    I don't understand why I would scry Duck, though, if I were.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2016-09-12 at 01:10 PM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

@Xihirli: Neutral. Again.

Yes, I think in this case it would be best for everybody if the neutral claimant(s) would claim. Duck, out it if none have by the time you're online, again, you should say who they are. They're most likely wolf, unless for some bizarre reason Xihirli scried. You may be right, but talk to us and we can figure this out.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

cool Re: Brotherhood WW: Victorian Age

Yeah, the neutral should claim. If they're telling the truth, then Mammon scried them and the wolves already know who they are. So if they're telling the truth there's no reason for them not to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    (Just got back from searching old posts to find what Disc Lorde said about Fleeing Coward saying he trusted I'm town. If he said it, he deleted it and no one quoted it first, though he said it about a couple other people. Probably just for distraction from himself. As always, form your own conclusions.)
    I'm very sorry, my mistake. flat_footed was the one he said was town.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    As for the late day movements, there were only 3 non Xihirli people there. Tanar who's proven town by death, Flat_footed who I have some evidence in believing he is not a wolf and Fleeing Coward who I know is not a wolf because I cheated and peeked at his PM
    Personally I think that we should go after a few other wolf suspects before following this neutral. If we find Mammon among them, then the neutral was lying.

9. - Top - End - #369

Wait, wait. Who scried whom now? I thought the claim was that Xihirli scried (or at least did something obviously nonlethal) to Duck999.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh, that's right. I misread it as the neutral saying that Xihirli targeted him. I promise I'll be more careful starting now.

So nevermind, I don't think the neutral should claim. Also, if the kill last night was from a vigilante as the narration kind of suggests, and Duck999 was baned, then the neutral's claim could be interpreted as Xihirli being any wolf.

11. - Top - End - #371

Wait, now we have a second vigilante who hasn't killed anyone previously but did last night? None of this makes any sense.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wait..... I am confused, too.
    Who did what?
    Why do we obey a unrelable role that has as only suppose that it survives? (Xihirli slipped it at the beginning)
    Oh, right, we are doing this all the time! *sorry sarcasm*

About FC being the beast:
    I just saw that the waggon is to fast.
    And i was haveing a difrent ruleset in the head, where the last voter got killed.
    So yes, takeing me instad of someone usefull seemed a good idea.
    Didn't work, seem to be picked at random.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, now we have a second vigilante who hasn't killed anyone previously but did last night? None of this makes any sense.
    To play devil's advocate, we did have a player join during the last day phase who was replacing a previously inactive player; it's entirely possible (albeit unlikely) that the inactive player was a vigilante who was sleeping on the job, where the replacement player is much more active. Not saying that's what happened, of course, merely that there are possible explanations for why a possible second vigilante isn't entirely far-fetched (beyond game-balance reasons, at any rate).

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #374

Or he picked. He might have known Murska was a mason, if Mammon told him.

Edited: I...suppose so? I'd think it quite odd if a vigilante was active enough to avoid getting auto-lynched earlier but not active enough to use that vigilante ability. (Also odd if there was an unstated duplicate of one of the stated roles.)
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-09-12 at 02:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think, the naration just says that the wolfdeamons aren't takeing themself enogth time to kill 'ripperstyle'.
    Like: "It is pointless to hide it now, we are winning!"

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Here are the possibilities in which wolf!Xihirli would target me:
    They thought maybe I was in contact with the masons and just faking mason (because then I could be baned nightly)
    I was baned and a vig shot someone.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

An unclaimed vig? I thought all the power roles claimed to you.
    Call out the neutral (or wolf), Duck. We dint need to Lynch a townie today.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Duck. Out the third party. The wolves don't care about them enough to NK them because they almost have parity and a win anyway. We need a max of info and clearing another person is a good thing right now. We aren't going to lynch a neutral right now, the wolves aren't going to kill them, and it helps town in several ways.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Duck. Out the third party. The wolves don't care about them enough to NK them because they almost have parity and a win anyway. We need a max of info and clearing another person is a good thing right now. We aren't going to lynch a neutral right now, the wolves aren't going to kill them, and it helps town in several ways.
    It's flat_footed. I wasn't going to reveal because if Xi is a wolf, then flat_footed becomes a threat to the wolves and they might want to kill him. However, I remembered that flat_footed already told FC what he was, and FC was a wolf. So I need village to have this info since the wolves already know it.

@Xi: I never said unclaimed vig, just vig.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2016-09-12 at 04:01 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380

Why did flat_footed tell FC that? Did Watson get and share with flat_footed a fake town reading on FC or something?

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

"What can possible go wrong?"
    I am still not sure if the neutral is reliable in any way..... But killing Xihirli shouldn't hurt too much.
    Or he is town. We are doomed if we kill more town.
    Somwhere, in the wolfs secret lair, a bald man is petting a hite cat an´d says: "Just as planed."

22. - Top - End - #382
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Why did flat_footed tell FC that? Did Watson get and share with flat_footed a fake town reading on FC or something?
    Pretty much. I saw Matthew target FC night one and reached out to him. He confirmed FC showed as town, and then claimed seer to FC. I claimed to FC as well to try to start a network. When Matthew died the next night, I targeted FC each night to try to find Holmes and see what was the truth or not.

Then Holmes dies and FC soon after. Xihirli.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2016-09-12 at 08:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

"What... do you mean... she's gone?"Barnaby asked, doing his best to remain calm. Before him was Sgt Troy, wounded but alive, clutching at a deep cut on his side.

"The strangest thing, sir," he breathed, doing his best to apply pressure to the wound whilst they waited for the surgeon. "I turned my head but for a moment, and... well, *poof!* A flash of smoke, and then.."

"Then the dog attacked you,"Barnaby finished, barely hiding his disbelief.

"Not a dog sir," Troy continued, more than a little hurt that Barnaby didn't believe him, "a wolf! A great bloody beast!"

"A wolf,"Baranby sighed,"in London? This isn't the great American wilderness, Troy."

"Your sergeant is correct, inspector."a voice called out, from the fog. Wheeling about, Barnaby found himself staring at a robed man, clad in a stork's mask.

"Who are you?" Barnaby asked. This stranger seemed familiar, but strange, all at once. "What do you want? What do you know?"

"Beware the wolves,"the stranger said, stepping back into the fog, "and carry silver."

"Wait! Wait damn you!"

It was too late.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    Xihirli was revealed, and escaped. They were a Wolf.

Day Seven has ended. Night Seven begins now and ends in 24 hours.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

25. - Top - End - #385
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

It was a cold, quiet night in London. Barnaby didn't get much sleep. He spent the evening and the night at the Station-house. He didn't want to be alone.

"Mew,"a small sound rang, and Barnaby saw that a small cat had crawled unto his lap.

"Oh Agnes," Barnaby playfully groaned, feigning annoyance, "Don't you ever go home?"

"Could ask you the same," Troy said, appearing by the doorway, "It's past midnight, sir. I have the graveyard shift, not you. Go home, get some rest. I'm sure the wife misses ya."

But Barnaby couldn't. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw them. The victims. The men with the stork masks. Red eyes in the fog, staring at him. That man, with his crooked blade.

Barnaby was beginning to understand that in the heart of London, evil lived. And it was still out there.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    It was a quiet, but restless Night.

Night Seven has ended. Day Eight begins now and ends in Forty Eight hours.

Also, no one missed a day of voting last phase, I believe.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Xihirli seems like the best lynch aorn.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2016-09-14 at 01:36 AM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Xihirli seems like the best lynch aorn.
    There was an issue like this my last game, too, I will clarify:

The summary text is just the narrative way the player died, even if, narratively speaking, the player lived (liked BoP in the first game or Xihirli now), mechanically speaking Xihirli was lynched and is dead, hence why their role was revealed and placed on the player list.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    There was an issue like this my last game, too, I will clarify:

The summary text is just the narrative way the player died, even if, narratively speaking, the player lived (liked BoP in the first game or Xihirli now), mechanically speaking Xihirli was lynched and is dead, hence why their role was revealed and placed on the player list.
    Okay. Thanks for clarifying.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

So, it now may be possible that the wolves have connected with Mammon. We don't have many leads. All I have is that I am confirmed town, flat_footed is neutral, and the secret brotherhood contact and the remaining masons. I will steer you away if you guys start a big bandwagon on a confirmed town.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

According to my count we have nine players.

Cuthalion
    SBC
    Duck
    At least one other mason
    flat-footed

@duck fmpov the game is locked right now, especially if there are more than one mason besides you.

Just try to find a wolf from posts and vote for 'em. Proactivity's the name of the game.

I'll look over as well considering the two wolf flips.
    Show
    You're my favorite.