New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Junkyard Wars XV: Ruathar + Stoneblessed - Human

I don't know. The format seems more approachable than an Iron Chef. But from what I can tell all the build competitions are a little dormant lately.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    I've received two entries so far, and if anyone is still interested in applying I might extend the deadline a bit.

But yeah, seems like we should just let the competition die after this one.
    I am still hoping to be in before the deadline...

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    I don't know. The format seems more approachable than an Iron Chef. But from what I can tell all the build competitions are a little dormant lately.
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. Sad.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Tremble in fear, ye mortals, for I bring builds!

That is, I'll be bringing them the next few minutes. Please refrain from posting for the time being.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Join the new Junkyard Wars round and build with Cloaked Dancer and a companion creature!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Can we craft it? Yes we can! First of the builds: Bob Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob

Bob the Builder a.k.a CO/CO Bob Bold

Backstory

Spoiler
    Show

In an ancient wizard school, in an elven town, a very odd guest teacher is holding a lecture.
    “Today my dear students, I have asked an old acquaintance of mine to teach you about crafting in general and working with stone in particular. Especially using magic to enhance and improve to outcome. Without further ado: You’ll introduce yourself, I guess?”

“With pleasure. Hello, my name is CO Bob Bold, I’m a customization operator for the stronghold builder union as well as a certified operator of the arcane guild. Often I am referred to as Bob the Builder or CO Bold. I am responsible for the reconstruction of Mire Keep as well as the complete overhaul of Windcrag Castle. You may ask yourself, how does a kobold end up at an elven wizard college teaching students and I can’t blame you. I would have never thought I’d do that ever but life gave me opportunities and I seized them.
    The first thing you need to know is that I was born in a dwarfen city. My family and some other fellow kobold families lived there. My mother told me that my kin would kill me on the spot for living with the dwarves bt as far as I could puzzle my heritage together, it seems our family branch has no “true” kobolds, if you consider my kin with true dragon heritage to be true kobolds. Anyways our community supplied something very valuable for dwarves: traps. So in this regard, I am the walking stereotype: I am a kobold trapmaker and an expert ad that If I may add. I was introduced to this craft when I was 6 months old. While working with my father and uncles on traps, I realized that I wanted more. I was fascinated by the arcane arts, but no wizard school would even consider taking me in. My father, never short of clever ideas, managed to get me into the local chapter of boccob’s church, which lacked manpower and so I could at least study there. I was - and still am - a terrible priest but after 2 years and some hard work the head of the local church spoke to the headmaster of the dwarven wizard university and I was admitted. When the headmaster what kind of magic I want to learn, I answered: all of it. So I became a generalist wizard. The first years were incredibly tough. I may have written more scrolls than all of you combined, all while working hard to earn enough to pay the tuition. I was a student half the day and the other half a stonemason and trapmaker. Many teachers didn’t like my racial heritage and it took me years to gain their trust. After years of hard effort I managed to impress master Ironclad, the Master of Runes. He took me in and taught me the dwarven secrecy of rune magic. Since he travelled a lot and wasn’t often in town to teach me, I had a lot of time to craft. I took a lot of jobs for the arcane guild and quickly rose through their ranks. In this time I helped create the first so called Runespire, a tower with very intricate design and some of the nastiest traps you’ll ever see. I won’t recommend entering it without permission. Your most honored teacher heard of the design and wanted to meet me and several other members of the stronghold builder union. He commissioned a Runespire for himself and as you all know, it is still standing and guarding all the treasures of your master. While working here I met many young arcane students and while many were very sceptic about the kobold in your ancient town, some loved to debate with me about the intricate world of arcane theories. With permission of your master and master Ironclad I stayed with your kin and became a Ruathar for overhaul of Windcrag Castle. Something I am still very proud of although I would add some things if I was given the chance again. I returned to master Ironclad after ten years of study with your kin. He gladly took me in as a student again. I finished my studies in Rune magic right around the time I was commissioned with Mire Keep. Already while building it I focused my studies on spontaneous arcane casting as well as crafting magic items and constructs. Right now I am working on some very interesting things but that would be too much for your students at this level. So after this introduction, what would you like to know?”

Build basics

Spoiler
    Show

LN Kobold Cleric of Boccob 1 / Generalist Wizard 1/ Stoneblessed 3/ Runesmith 2 /Ruathar 3 /Runesmith 3 /Dweomerkeeper 7

Languages: Draconic, Common, Undercommon, (Dwarven, Terran, Elven picked up via Speak Language)

Attributes:
    Str 11-4=7
    Dex 8 +2= 10
    Con 12 -2=10
    Cha 14
    Int 18 all adjustments by level ups go here
    Wis 11

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    1st Cleric +0 +2 +0 +2 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran) 2
    Appraise 2
    Craft (stoneworking) 4
    Craft (trapsmith) 4
    Knowledge (architecture andengineering) 4
    Concentration 4
    Knowledge (arcana) 2
    Spellcraft 2
    Apprentice: Craftsman
    Bonus: Extend Spell (Planning Domain)
    Turn undead, Domains: Magic and Planning
    2nd Wizard +0 +2 +0 +4 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran) 2
    Appraise 2
    Craft (stoneworking) 5
    Craft (trapsmith) 5
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 5
    Concentration 5
    Knowledge (arcana) 3
    Spellcraft 3
    Bonus: Scribe Scroll Summon familiar (Raven)
    3rd Stoneblessed +0 +4 +0 +4 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran) 2,5 Appraise 4
    Craft (stoneworking) 6
    Craft (trapsmith) 6
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 6
    Concentration 5
    Knowledge (arcana) 3
    Spellcraft 3
    Extraordinary Artisan Stonebond (Dwarf)
    4th Stoneblessed +1 +5 +0 +4 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3
    Appraise 6
    Craft (stoneworking) 7
    Craft (trapsmith) 7
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 7
    Concentration 5
    Knowledge (arcana) 3
    Spellcraft 3
    Racial battle technique
    5th Stoneblessed +2 +5 +1 +5 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3
    Appraise 7
    Craft (stoneworking) 8
    Craft (trapsmith) 8
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 8
    Concentration 5
    Knowledge (arcana) 3
    Spellcraft 4
    Stoneborn (Dwarf)
    6th Runesmith +2 +7 +1 +7 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3
    Appraise 8
    Craft (stoneworking) 9
    Craft (trapsmith) 9
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 9
    Concentration 5
    Knowledge (arcana) 4
    Spellcraft 5
    Favored in guild (arcane) Rune Magic
    7th Runesmith +3 +8 +1 +8 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3
    Appraise 9
    Craft (stoneworking) 10
    Craft (trapsmith) 10
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 10
    Concentration 5
    Knowledge (arcana) 5
    Spellcraft 6
    Stonecraft expertise
    8th Ruathar +3 +8 +3 +10 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3
    Appraise 9
    Craft (stoneworking) 11
    Craft (trapsmith) 11
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 11
    Concentration 5
    Knowledge (arcana) 7
    Spellcraft 11
    Word of friendship, gift of the elves
    9th Ruathar +4 +8 +4 +11 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3
    Appraise 10
    Craft (stoneworking) 12
    Craft (trapsmith) 12
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 12
    Concentration 5
    Knowledge (arcana) 12
    Spellcraft 12
    Create Wondrous Item Low-light vision, elfwise
    10th Ruathar +5 +9 +4 +11 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3
    Appraise 13
    Craft (stoneworking) 13
    Craft (trapsmith) 13
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 13
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 13
    Spellcraft 13
    Star blessing, Arvandor’s grace
    11th Runesmith +5 +9 +5 +11 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3
    Appraise 14
    Craft (stoneworking) 14
    Craft (trapsmith) 14
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 14
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 14
    Spellcraft 14
    Share runes
    12th Runesmith +6 +10 +5 +12 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3 Appraise 15
    Craft (stoneworking) 15
    Craft (trapsmith) 15
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 15
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 15
    Spellcraft 15
    Create magic arms and armors
    13th Runesmith +6 +10 +5 +12 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3 Appraise 16
    Craft (stoneworking) 16
    Craft (trapsmith) 16
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 16
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 16
    Spellcraft 16
    Permanent rune
    14th Dweomerkeeper +6 +10 +5 +14 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3 Appraise 17
    Craft (stoneworking) 17
    Craft (trapsmith) 17
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 17
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 17
    Spellcraft 17
    Mantle of spells 1
    15th Dweomerkeeper +7 +10 +5 +15 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3 Appraise 18
    Craft (stoneworking) 18
    Craft (trapsmith) 18
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 18
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 18
    Spellcraft 18
    Craft Construct Arcane Sight
    16th Dweomerkeeper +7 +11 +6 +15 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3 Appraise 19
    Craft (stoneworking) 19
    Craft (trapsmith) 19
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 19
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 19
    Spellcraft 19
    Mantle of spells 2
    17th Dweomerkeeper +8 +11 +6 +16 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3 Appraise 20
    Craft (stoneworking) 20
    Craft (trapsmith) 20
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 20
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 20
    Spellcraft 20
    Supernatural Spell 1/day
    18th Dweomerkeeper +8 +11 +6 +16 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3 Appraise 21
    Craft (stoneworking) 21
    Craft (trapsmith) 21
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 21
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 21
    Spellcraft 21
    Bind Elemental Mantle of spells 3
    19th Dweomerkeeper +9 +12 +7 +17 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3 Appraise 22
    Craft (stoneworking) 22
    Craft (trapsmith) 22
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 22
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 22
    Spellcraft 22
    Supernatural Spell 2/day
    20th Dweomerkeeper +9 +12 +7 +17 Speak language (Dwarven, Terran, Elven) 3 Appraise 23
    Craft (stoneworking) 23
    Craft (trapsmith) 23
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 23
    Concentration 7
    Knowledge (arcana) 23
    Spellcraft 23
    Mantle of spells 4

Spells per Day
    Spoiler
    Show

Divine Spells per Day

Level 0lvl 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    1st 3 1+1 - - - - - - - -

I think it is pointless to continue the table. That's all the divine casting bob gets.

Arcane Spells per Day/Spells Known

1st - - - - - - - - - -
    2nd 3 2 - - - - - - - -
    3rd 3 2 - - - - - - - -
    4th 3 2 - - - - - - - -
    5th 3 2 - - - - - - - -
    6th 4 3 - - - - - - - -
    7th 4 3 2 - - - - - - -
    8th 4 5 3 - - - - - - -
    9th 4 5 3 2 - - - - - -
    10th 4 5 4 3 - - - - - -
    11th 4 6 4 3 2 - - - - -
    12th 4 6 4 4 3 - - - - -
    13th 4 6 5 4 3 2 - - - -
    14th 4 6 5 4 4 3 - - - -
    15th 4 6 5 5 5 3 1 - - -
    16th 4 6 6 5 4 4 3 - - -
    17th 4 6 6 5 5 4 3 1 - -
    18th 4 6 6 5 5 4 4 2 - -
    19th 4 6 6 5 5 5 4 2 1 -
    20th 4 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 -

The table assumes that all level ups increase your INT and does not calculate any INT increase by magic items (which may it should realistically).

Level breakdown (including use of Stoneblessed and Ruathar)
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 1 to 5
    I'll admit this is a mess, but it is the only way to make the whole build work. I need heavy armor proficiency and the only way to avoid any martial class, which would be vompletely pointless is Cleric. I considered Marshal but it doesn't do anything for me while Cleric opened up Dweomerkeeper. Artificer was strongly considered but a wizard is simply the better option for the following prestige classes. Stoneblessed opens up runesmith and of course it sucks to not advance casting but the bonus on crafting. For the life of me I couldn't fit in Search and trapfinding, which I would have liked but I think maxing Appraise, Craft (stoneworking) and Knowledge (architecture and engineering) is enough skillwise. The Constitution bonus is also pretty nice bumping HP.

Level 6 to 10
    Runesmith is why we became a stoneblessed in the first place. The Cleric, Wizard, Runesmith, Dweomerkeeper build is nothing new but i needed some punch with my very fluffy skill and feat choices. Rune Magic is awesome for many reasons and Arcane Sight is very handy. The switch to Ruathar before finishing has skill reasons: I needed to smoothe progression and entering Ruathar at 7 did that almost perfectly (you can see this in the table above). Also being a kobold gives me an edge in using Ruathar: Arvandor's grace gives me 90 more years. So my lifespan is around 225 (120+90+Cha) years which means I actually live longer than some dragonwrought kobold (at least some chromatic ones). This longevity comes in handy when focussing on crafting which oftens consumes a lot of time.

Levels 11 to 20
    Back to runesmith and into dweomerkeeper. Here is were most of the magic crafting is done and also were the powerlevel rises quickly. We never reach 9th level spells due to stoneblessed. Many choices in these levels depend on your group and playstyle. I don't feel I have to write a lot about being an Tier 1 caster. Some thoughts on it follow in the other sections.

Spell selection, mantle of spells and permanent rune
    Spoiler
    Show

This one is a little hard to flesh out. Bob is basically a crippled T1 caster, so he can be anything. From level 6 on you progress regularly before you have to choose your spells at level 2 wisely. Since Bob isn't built for combat, your role in combat from level 1 to 5 should be: cast your divine spells and wear armor (maybe even heavy armor). Only use your arcane spells as utility tools. I'd recommend: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Identify, Comprehend Languages, Mount, Magecraft. Pick the rest according to your party needs.
    After level 6 you can use rune magic and run around in full plate, which means you can now use arcane spells in combat. Cater to your parties needs and plan ahead, which magic items would you like to create? I'd focus on buffing since you are behind every other caster.

One of the main concepts of Bob is longevity, so Bob will always end up with a lot of spells. Bob is utterly pointless in a dungeon crash and rush on campaign. Bob can build a stronghold (or anything else out of stone), he crafts traps, wondrous items, weapons, armor and constructs.

Dweomerkeeper is considered broken by a variety of players and DMs alike and I agree. Mantle of spells is crazy good. Your pick should be valuable in one of two ways: life saver or versatility gone crazy. I'd go for Polymorph, Dimension Door, (Greater) Dispel Magic and Magic Circle against [alignment].

Permanent Rune: You should wait for a higher level spell to be available. Since a twice per day SLA isn't too powerful, simply use something you always want to have at hand and which you can't get access too with your mantle. For fun I'd suggest antimagic field for shenanigans with supernatural spell.

Item creation
    Spoiler
    Show

Example: A Stronghold
    Let's say you want to build a stronghold. (Actually there is a sourcebook for building a stronghold, which is 3.0 if my memory serves right. There you can find other methods to reduce cost and how to price everything.)
    You would do so at a level were strongholds actually matter, so let's say below level 10. Let's assume your friend with leadership needs a stronghold for his minions. You are level 7. Let's check on your appropriate skills:
    Craft (stoneworking): 10 ranks + 4 INT + 2 (apprentice) +2 (stoneblessed) + 2 (runesmith)
    Appraise: 9 ranks + 4 INT + 2 (stoneblessed) + 2 (runesmith)
    Craft (trapsmith): 10 ranks + 4 INT + 2 (Kobold) + 2 (apprentice)
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering): 10 ranks + 4 INT

Not too shabby. Then you can reduce the price of everything you craft to 67,5% of the usual costs (Apprentice Craftsman 10%, Extraordinary Artisan 25%).

Example: Greater Stone Golem
    You are level 15 and decide to craft a greater stone golem.

Base Price: 105.000 GM+ 7640 XP
    Reduction:
    Apprentice Craftsman 10%
    Extraordinary Artisan 25%
    Favored in guild 5%
    GP: 67331,25

XP Cost:
    XP is a river. If your DM disagrees and shuts down all XP regeneration tricks (thought bottles, negative levels and restoration, etc.), I recommend switching the Favored in guild feat with Legendary artisan (ECS) to cut into XP costs.

Is a CR 16 Stone golem worth 67331,25 GP? I'd say yes. Also they are excellent gifts.
    Note: I am aware that the entry for stone golem states craft (stonemasonry). I always considered this a screw up, if you or your DM disagrees: the craft check is almost pointless anyway, just find a stonemason.
    Very late you can further reduce the cost of items by binding elementals in it. Maybe your DM agrees and let's you create a airship out of stone or even a flying stronghold. Be creative.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-09-11 at 08:51 AM.

Join the new Junkyard Wars round and build with Cloaked Dancer and a companion creature!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not saying it's boxing glove arrows... but it's boxing glove arrows. Here's Sweeping Wind!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeping Wind
    Sweeping Wind a.k.a. Silly Man With Silly Bow
    Male CG Stony Elf
    Starting Ability Scores: STR: 14 DEX: 20 CON: 16 INT: 12 WIS: 12 CHA: 6

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    1st Factotum 1 +0 +0 +2 +0 Appraise 4, Craft(Stoneworking) 4, Iaijutsu Focus 4, Spot 4, Climb 4, Survival 4, Speak Language: [Elven, Goliath, Terran, Battle Signs] Aereni Focus(Iaijutsu Focus), Point-Blank Shot (FLAW: Weak Will) Inspiration, Cunning Insight, Cunning Knowledge, Trapfinding
    2nd Dungeon Crasher Fighter 1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Craft(Stoneworking) 5, Iaijutsu Focus 5, Climb 5 Power Attack -
    3rd Dungeon Crasher Fighter 2 +2 +3 +2 +0 Iaijutsu Focus 6, Climb 6, Survival 5 Improved Bull Rush Dungeon Crasher(2)
    4th (+DEX) Dungeon Crasher Fighter 3 +3 +3 +3 +1 Iaijutsu Focus 7, Climb 7, Survival 6 - -
    5th Dungeon Crasher Fighter 4 +4 +4 +3 +1 Iaijutsu Focus 8, Climb 8, Survival 7 Mountain Warrior -
    6th Dungeon Crasher Fighter 5 +5 +4 +3 +1 Iaijutsu Focus 9, Climb 9, Survival 8 Far Shot -
    7th Dungeon Crasher Fighter 6 +6 +5 +4 +2 Iaijutsu Focus 10, Climb 10, Survival 9 - Dungeon Crasher(6)
    8th (+DEX) Stoneblessed (Goliath) 1 +7 +7 +4 +4 Iaijutsu Focus 11, Climb 11, Survival 10 - Stonebond
    9th Stoneblessed (Goliath) 2 +8 +8 +4 +5 Iaijutsu Focus 12, Climb 12, Survival 11 Woodland Archer Racial battle technique
    10th Stoneblessed (Goliath) 3 +9 +8 +5 +5 Iaijutsu Focus 13, Climb 13, Survival 12 - Stonebond
    11th Ruathar 1 +9 +8 +7 +7 Hide 1, Iaijutsu Focus 14, Spot 5, Listen 5, Survival 13 - Word of friendship, gift of the elves(+1 composite longbow)
    12th (+DEX) Ruathar 2 +10 +8 +7 +7 Hide 2, Iaijutsu Focus 15, Spot 6, Listen 6, Survival 14 Knockback Low-light vision, elfwise
    13th Ruathar 3 +11 +9 +8 +8 Hide 3, Iaijutsu Focus 16, Spot 7, Listen 7, Survival 15 - Star blessing, Arvandor's grace
    14th Cragtop Archer 1 +12 +11 +8 +8 Hide 5, Iaijutsu Focus 17, Spot 8, Climb 14 - Adept Climber, farsight
    15th Cragtop Archer 2 +13 +12 +8 +8 Hide 7, Iaijutsu Focus 18, Spot 9, Climb 15 Able Sniper Strike from above
    16th (+DEX) Cragtop Archer 3 +14 +12 +9 +9 Hide 9, Iaijutsu Focus 19, Spot 10, Climb 16 - Arcing shot
    17th Cragtop Archer 4 +15 +13 +9 +9 Hide 11, Iaijutsu Focus 20, Spot 11, Climb 17 - Horizon Shot
    18th Fighter 7 +16 +13 +9 +9 Iaijutsu Focus 21, Climb 19 Rapid Shot -
    19th Fighter 8 +17 +14 +9 +9 Iaijutsu Focus 22, Climb 21 Manyshot -
    - LEVEL ADJUSTMENT - - - - - - -

Technical write-ups:
    The weapon of choice for this build is a composite longbow with a bow blade (CSc). This means that whenever we draw said bow, we are also drawing a melee weapon; allowing us to open our sniping with a ranged Iaijutsu focus attack. This is a benefit we can make use of right from 1st level, but one that improves as we gain greater sniping abilities. At level 12 we get Knockback, courtesy of qualifying for feats as if we were a Goliath as well as an Elf. We can now need to use Power Attack every round. This makes our melee attacks more likely to miss, but as we are not making any melee attacks anyway it doesn't really matter. The important point is that as we are using Power Attack, we can get Knockback to trigger off our longbow attacks, therefore giving access to all the glory of Dungeoncrasher at a safe distance. Up until this point we would have likely closed distance after the initial skirmish to do the same, making use of bull-rushes to set up for more ranged attacks. From now on, however we are the shadow that somehow pushes you around - and does damage. A lot of it.

The idea for this build came from trying to combine the favored combat tactics of the Elves and Goliath. I chose to use a Stony Elf mostly because I wanted to use a race that was already a bit inbetween from the start. Mechanically, the template is likely more a detriment than an asset. The favored battleground would likely be a craggy mountain range with plenty of large rocks about to slam people into, or steep slopes to push them off.

Extended signature!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

The wolf who cried gnome: Kinvig Arrumskor!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvig Arrumskor

Kinvig Arrumskor - LN Male Lupin Archivist 3/Stoneblessed (Gnome) 3/Ruathar 3/Dragonslayer 1/Hexer 10

Medium Monstrous Humanoid

HD: 3d6+3d8+3d6+1d10+10d6+60 (137hp)

Languages: Common, Elven, Gnome, Lupin and Terran* (purchased with skill points at 1st level)

Ability Scores:
    • Str 14
    • Dex 14
    • Con 14 (+2 from Stoneblessed 3)
    • Int 15 (all increases from HD go here, +5 total)
    • Wis 14
    • Cha 8

Spoiler: Build Table
    Show
    1st Archivist 1 +0 +2 +0 +2 Appraise 2, Concentration 4, Craft (stoneworking) 4, Knowledge (arcana) 1, Speak Language (Terran), Spellcraft 4, Tumble 2 Iron Will, Scribe ScrollB Dark Knowledge (tactics) 3/day
    2nd Archivist 2 +1 +3 +0 +3 Appraise 2, Concentration 5, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Knowledge (arcana) 1, (dungeoneering) 1, (the planes) 1, (religion) 1, Spellcraft 5, Tumble 2 Lore Mastery
    3rd Archivist 3 +1 +3 +1 +3 Appraise 2, Concentration 6, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Knowledge (arcana) 5, (dungeoneering) 1, (the planes) 1, (religion) 1, Spellcraft 6, Tumble 2 Expeditious Dodge Dark Knowledge 4/day
    4th Stoneblessed 1 +1 +5 +1 +3 Appraise 2, Concentration 6, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 4, Knowledge (arcana) 5, (dungeoneering) 1, (the planes) 1, (religion) 1, Spellcraft 7, Tumble 2 Stonebond
    5th Stoneblessed 2 +2 +6 +1 +3 Appraise 2, Concentration 6, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 6, Knowledge (arcana) 5, (dungeoneering) 1, (the planes) 1, (religion) 1, Listen 2, Spellcraft 8, Tumble 2 Racial Battle Technique
    6th Stoneblessed 3 +3 +6 +2 +4 Appraise 2, Concentration 6, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 6, Knowledge (arcana) 5, (dungeoneering) 1, (the planes) 1, (religion) 1, Listen 6, Spellcraft 9, Tumble 2 Knowledge Devotion Stoneborn
    7th Ruathar 1 +3 +6 +4 +6 Appraise 2, Concentration 6, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 6, Knowledge (arcana) 9, (dungeoneering) 1, (the planes) 1, (religion) 1, Listen 6, Spellcraft 9, Survival 3, Tumble 2 Martial Weapon Proficiency (longsword)B Word of friendship, gift of the elves
    8th Ruathar 2 +4 +6 +5 +7 Appraise 2, Concentration 9, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 6, Knowledge (arcana) 10, (dungeoneering) 1, (the planes) 1, (religion) 1, Listen 6, Spellcraft 9, Survival 6, Tumble 2 Low-light vision, elfwise
    9th Ruathar 3 +5 +7 +5 +7 Appraise 2, Concentration 9, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 6, Knowledge (arcana) 10, (dungeoneering) 2, (local) 1,(nature) 1, (the planes) 1, (religion) 1, Listen 6, Spellcraft 9, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Draconic Archivist Star blessing, Arvandor's grace
    10th Dragonslayer 1 +6 +9 +5 +9 Appraise 2, Concentration 9, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 13, (dungeoneering) 2, (local) 1, (nature) 1, (the planes) 1, (religion) 1, Listen 6, Spellcraft 9, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Aura of courage, damage bonus
    11th Hexer 1 +7 +9 +5 +11 Appraise 2, Concentration 12, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 13, (dungeoneering) 2, (local) 1, (nature) 2, (the planes) 2, (religion) 1, Listen 6, Spellcraft 9, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Hex 1/day
    12th Hexer 2 +8 +9 +5 +12 Appraise 2, Concentration 12, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 13, (dungeoneering) 3, (local) 2, (nature) 3, (the planes) 2, (religion) 1, Listen 6, Spellcraft 12, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Trivial Knowledge Bonus spell, hex 2/day
    13th Hexer 3 +9 +10 +6 +12 Appraise 2, Concentration 13, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 13, (dungeoneering) 4, (local) 3, (nature) 3, (the planes) 3, (religion) 3, Listen 6, Spellcraft 12, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Sicken hex
    14th Hexer 4 +10 +10 +6 +13 Appraise 2, Concentration 15, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 13, (dungeoneering) 4, (local) 3, (nature) 4, (the planes) 3, (religion) 3, Listen 6, Spellcraft 15, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Bonus spell, hex 3/day
    15th Hexer 5 +11 +10 +6 +13 Appraise 2, Concentration 16, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 13, (dungeoneering) 5, (local) 4, (nature) 4, (the planes) 4, (religion) 4, Listen 6, Spellcraft 16, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Power Attack Fear hex
    16th Hexer 6 +12 +11 +7 +14 Appraise 2, Concentration 17, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 14, (dungeoneering) 5, (local) 4, (nature) 5, (the planes) 5, (religion) 5, Listen 6, Spellcraft 17, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Bonus spell, hex 4/day
    17th Hexer 7 +13 +11 +7 +14 Appraise 2, Concentration 18, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 15, (dungeoneering) 6, (local) 5, (nature) 6, (the planes) 5, (religion) 5, Listen 6, Spellcraft 18, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Sleep hex
    18th Hexer 8 +14 +11 +7 +15 Appraise 2, Concentration 19, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 15, (dungeoneering) 7, (local) 5, (nature) 7, (the planes) 6, (religion) 6, Listen 6, Spellcraft 19, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Leap Attack Bonus spell, hex 5/day
    19th Hexer 9 +15 +12 +8 +15 Appraise 2, Concentration 20, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 15, (dungeoneering) 7, (local) 7, (nature) 8, (the planes) 7, (religion) 6, Listen 6, Spellcraft 20, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Charm hex
    20th Hexer 10 +16 +12 +8 +16 Appraise 2, Concentration 22, Craft (stoneworking) 5, Jump 8, Knowledge (arcana) 15, (dungeoneering) 8, (local) 7, (nature) 8, (the planes) 7, (religion) 7, Listen 6, Spellcraft 22, Survival 10, Tumble 2 Bonus spell, hex 6/day

Racial Traits:
    Move 30 ft
    Darkvision 60 ft
    Acute Sense of Smell
    Expert Rider

"Racial" Enemies:
    +1 bonus on attack rolls and damage vs. werewolves (Lupin)
    +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. giants (Stoneblessed)
    +1 bonus to attacks rolls vs kobolds and goblinoids (Stoneblessed)
    +1 bonus on weapon damage rolls vs. dragons (Dragonslayer)
    +1 to +3 bonus on attacks rolls for allies vs. aberrations, constructs, dragons, elementals, magical beasts, outsiders and undead (Archivist)
    +1 to +5 insight attack rolls and damage rolls vs. aberrations, animals, constructs, dragons, elementals, fey, giants, humanoids, magical beasts, monstrous humanoids, oozes, outsiders, plants, undead and vermin (Knowledge Devotion)

Skill Bonuses:
    +2 bonus to Listen and Ride Checks (Lupin)
    +2 racial bonus on Survival checks to follow tracks (Lupin)
    +5 racial bonus on Spot Checks vs. Disguise within 5 ft (Lupin)
    +2 bonus to Decipher Script and Knowledge (arcana) checks (Archivist - Lore Mastery)
    +2 bonus on Listen and Craft (alchemy) checks (Stoneblessed)

Spoiler: Spells Table
    Show

Spells Per Day (before ability modifier bonus spells)
    1st 3 2 - - - - - - - -
    2nd 4 3 - - - - - - - -
    3rd 4 3 2 - - - - - - -
    4th 4 3 2 - - - - - - -
    5th 4 3 2 - - - - - - -
    6th 4 3 2 - - - - - - -
    7th 4 4 3 - - - - - - -
    8th 4 4 3 2 - - - - - -
    9th 4 4 4 3 - - - - - -
    10th 4 5 4 3 2 - - - - -
    11th 4 5 4 4 3 - - - - -
    12th 4 5 5 4 3 2 - - - -
    13th 4 5 5 4 4 3 - - - -
    14th 4 5 5 5 4 3 2 - - -
    15th 4 5 5 5 4 4 3 - - -
    16th 4 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 - -
    17th 4 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 - -
    18th 4 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 -
    19th 4 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3
    20th 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 2

"Bonus" spells from class levels (note: the wording in PrCs that advance casting is unclear as to whether classes like Archivist or Wizard get their extra spells added to their book through the PrC. For this reason, I have not included such spells here)
    Archivist 1 (ECL 1)
    0-level: all 0 level Cleric spells
    1st Level: Conviction, Protection from Evil, Resurgence, Shield of Faith, Sign
    Archivist 2 (ECL 2)
    1st level: Blade of Blood, Lesser Vigor
    Archivist 3 (ECL 3)
    2nd level: Divine Insight, Guidance of the Avatar
    Hexer 2 (ECL 12)
    5th level: Teleport
    Hexer 4 (ECL 14)
    6th level: Disintegrate
    Hexer 6 (ECL 16)
    7th level: Reverse Gravity
    Hexer 8 (ECL 18)
    8th level: Mind Blank
    Hexer 10 (ECL 20)
    9th level: Shapechange

Recommended Archivist spells by level:
    1st: Aspect of the Wolf, Bless, Divine Favor, Entangle, Entropic Shield, Grease, Shillelagh
    2nd: Alter Self, Bear's Endurance, Bite of the Wererat, Blinding Spittle, Brambles, Bull's Strength, Darkbolt, Invisibility, Living Undeath, Lore of the Gods, Mirror Image, Owl's Wisdom, Primal Instinct, Spiritual Weapon, Web
    3rd: Blur, Dispel Magic, Evard's Black Tentacles, Fly, Greater Magic Weapon, Haste, Lightning Bolt*, Magic Circle Against Evil, Primal Senses, Protection from Energy, Restoration
    4th: Air Walk, Bite of the Wereboar, Dimension Door, Divine Power, Enervation, Freedom of Movement, Greater Resistance, Heart of Earth, Panacea, Polymorph, Primal Speed, Sheltered Vitality, Slow, Spell Immunity, Summon Giants, Vortex of Teeth
    5th: Antilife Shell, Baleful Polymorph, Heart of Fire, Owl's Insight, Plane Shift, Righteous Might, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, Spell Resistance, Surge of Fortune, Swift Etherealness, Triadspell, True Seeing, Valiant Fury
    6th: Antimagic Field, Bite of the Werebear, Contingency, Energy Immunity, Greater Dispel Magic, Planar Ally, Spiritual Guardian, Summon Monster VI, Summon Nature's Ally VI, Superior Resistance
    7th: Acid Fog, Destruction, Forcecage, Fortunate Fate, Greater Teleport, Holy Star, Holy Word, Limited Wish, Spell Turning, Storm Tower, Summon Monster VII, Summon Nature's Ally VII
    8th: Dimensional Lock, Foresight, Great Spell Immunity, Greater Planar Ally, Iron Body, Otto's Irresistible Dance, Stormrage, Summon Monster VIII, Summon Nature's Ally VIII
    9th: Astral Projection, Gate, Implosion, Miracle, Mordenkainen's Disjunction, Summon Monster IX, Summon Nature's Ally IX, Time Stop

*This is required for entry into Hexer, and can be obtained as an Adept 3 spell.
    **Archivist spells may be obtained from any divine class list, often giving them earlier and easier access to spells via domain and prestige class spell lists

Early Years
    Kinvig was found orphaned as a cub by gnome scouts, after a werewolf attack decimated his tribe. The scouts brought him back to the gnomish settlement, where he was adopted by an elderly childless couple: Dalfen Arrumskor (Gnome Expert 4) and Janwed Arrumskor (Gnome Archivist 3). Dalfen was a respected stonemason, and Janwed was the settlement's lore-keeper.
    Kinvig took after his adopted mother, taking up the mantle of lore-keeper, always with his head in books, but also took a keen interest in his father's stoneworking.
    He proved himself an asset to the gnomish community, as both a spellcaster and a craftsman.
    ECL 5
    At this point there isn't a lot going on with Kinvig. His casting is good but not great. His Dark Knowledge checks can assist allies to a small degree.

Kinvig enjoyed his life of collecting knowledge, working stone, and occasionally training with the gnomish warriors to learn their fighting techniques.
    On a foray with some of the warriors one day, they came across a local elf encampment, under attack from a group of brutish goblinoids, led by a huge mountain troll. Kinvig and the warriors joined the fight, and together with the elven guards, defeated the attackers.
    The elves were so grateful they invited Kinvig to become an honorary member of their village. Kinvig lived with the elves for some time, learning their ways.
    Then, one ill-omened day, a gnomish scout came to the village, summoning Kinvig home.
    An infamous green dragon called Klertannavol had attacked the settlement, killing many gnomes, including Kinvig's parents.
    After a time of grief, he swore vengeance on the dragon, and studied the best ways to kill the beast.
    ECL 10
    Kinvig is starting to come into his own as a divine gish here. He is proficiency in all martial weapons and heavy armor, has a respectable spell repertoire, and can get decent bonuses in melee using Knowledge Devotion

Kinvig hunted the dragon down, confronting it in its forest lair. After a fierce battle, Kinvig eventually bested the creature. Even though his quest for revenge had been fulfilled, he still felt bitter and hollow. First his birth parents were taken from him, then his beloved gnomish parents.
    Kinvig grew more and more embittered, cursing all evil beings for the losses he had suffered. He hunted them down, and mercilessly eradicated them.
    ECL 15
    With a respectable BAB and Power Attack to supplement Knowledge Devotion, along with an arsenal of long term buffs, Kinvig is filling the role of martial spellcaster quite well. Trivial Knowledge, available through his Stoneblessed levels, helps boost the output for both Dark Knowledge and Knowledge Devotion.

Years later, Kinvig became a figure to be feared throughout the land. He earned the a reputation for being a ruthless adversary of any who would threaten the gnomes or elves of his forest. Truth be told, though, even the elves and gnomes themselves feared him. He had grown ever more cold and heartless in his endless pursuit of enemies to punish.
    ECL 20 - sweet spot
    Kinvig is a full-fledged divine gish, complete with 9th level spells and a BAB of +16. Leap Attack is icing on the cake. He routinely has 24 hour and other long term buffs up, and often has a planar ally (generally a marut or planetar) accompanying him. He likes to shapechange into powerful melee forms, especially those with pounce or a similar ability.

Recommended Gear
    Ability boosters are a good idea, especially for Wisdom - this helps both with bonus spells, and the DC for hexes. Con boosters are also desirable. No gish should be without the finest arms and armor, of course. After ECL 10, heavy armor and martial weapons become an option. Pearls of Power are always handy for a prepared caster. Scrolls, Wands and Staves can be useful if expensive.

Use in a Campaign
    Kinvig is a fierce defender of his forest and the gnomish and elven communities therein. It's conceivable that he could be an ally or opponent to a group, depending on their motives. He could also be useful if the party is seeking a particular piece of knowledge, as Kinvig has very respectable knowledge skills (especially arcana). He has a particular hatred of dragons, and to a lesser degree, werewolves - so these could be adventure hooks of their own.

Sources
    Complete Adventurer: Leap Attack
    Complete Champion: Knowledge Devotion, various spells
    Complete Mage, Player's Handbook II, Spell Compendium: various spells
    Draconomicon: Dragonslayer
    Dragon Magazine Compendium: Lupin
    Frostburn: Summon Giants
    Heroes of Horror: Archivist, Draconic Archivist
    Masters of the Wild: Hexer
    Online: Guidance of the Avatar
    Races of Stone: Stoneblessed, Trivial Knowledge
    Races of the Wild: Ruathar, Expeditious Dodge

Disclaimer 1: Yes, Stoneblessed is shoehorned in there. It fits with the backstory, but really the only thing it's "used" for is Trivial Knowledge.
    Disclaimer 2: The bonus Sor/Wiz spells from Hexer can mostly be obtained through Domains or other sources anyway, but are selected for utility and power. In the case of a DM being tough on allowing an Archivist access to Domain scrolls etc. this is a straightforward way to get them.

Extended signature!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

And that's all: three builds, one more than last time. If I keep this up we may reach Iron Chef levels of popularity within a few years.

Extended signature!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

But yeah, seems like we should just let the competition die after this one.
    I would have been more interested in competing if Ruathar wasn't one of the most 'meh' prestige classes, its not that the class is bad, since it got full caster, but it aren't particularly good either, and it doesn't really have any significant flavor ... and placing it so it runs opposite to Iron Chef instead of opposite to Villainous would probably be better, since Iron Chef is the big one.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

If nothing else, the builds this time around are all wildly different. Could mean either a fun or a horrifying judging job, depending on standards.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    I would have been more interested in competing if Ruathar wasn't one of the most 'meh' prestige classes, its not that the class is bad, since it got full caster, but it aren't particularly good either, and it doesn't really have any significant flavor ... and placing it so it runs opposite to Iron Chef instead of opposite to Villainous would probably be better, since Iron Chef is the big one.
    Guess I might try another iteration, then.

By the way, does anyone have suggestions for future competitions? Combining two prestige classes and removing an obvious option is something I'd like to explore further, but I'd also like to see a contest with Iaijutsu Focus being one of the mandatory ingredients and Factotum prohibited.

Extended signature!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure. I think this is one of those that can easily be too restrictive or too open. Maybe even working with seemingly contradictory elements could be fun...

Something like: Arcane Spellcasting + Heavy Armor - Heavy Armor Proficiency.

It's open-ended but poses a very definitive challenge to overcome. I think puzzles like that make for the best challenges, because you have to find creative uses for the ingredients to make them work.

(note: don't use the above one because I know already how I would approach it.)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, does anyone have suggestions for future competitions? Combining two prestige classes and removing an obvious option is something I'd like to explore further, but I'd also like to see a contest with Iaijutsu Focus being one of the mandatory ingredients and Factotum prohibited.
    One that i've tried floating a couple of times is Cloaked Dancer (Scoundrel) + Spelldancer (Magic of Faerun) without Bard or Jester (as that for practical intends are a reskin of Bard)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Junkyard Wars XV: Ruathar + Stoneblessed - Human

Guess I might try another iteration, then.

I like all of those ideas. Especially Iajutsu Focus - Factotum.

I'm not sure. I think this is one of those that can easily be too restrictive or too open. Maybe even working with seemingly contradictory elements could be fun...

Something like: Arcane Spellcasting + Heavy Armor - Heavy Armor Proficiency.

It's open-ended but poses a very definitive challenge to overcome. I think puzzles like that make for the best challenges, because you have to find creative uses for the ingredients to make them work.

(note: don't use the above one because I know already how I would approach it.)
    That would be interesting, if frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    One that i've tried floating a couple of times is Cloaked Dancer (Scoundrel) + Spelldancer (Magic of Faerun) without Bard or Jester (as that for practical intends are a reskin of Bard)
    Another good suggestion.

The PrCs I'd like to see are Elemental Warrior, Witch Slayer, Occult Slayer and/or Squire of Legend (who doesn't want to play second banana?).

How about Prestige Paladin - Cleric, or Prestige Ranger - Druid?

Also, here are some more ideas that aren't likely to get used in IC: List of PrCs with "nonstandard" levels

Ooh, how about a "non-core only" round. Nothing except Skills allowed from core sources? Bonus points if you can avoid using core skills as well.

...I think JYW has life left in it yet. I'm going to try and compete as often as I can, and I'll try to judge in any rounds where I don't compete.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Sweeping Wind
    I chose to use a Stony Elf mostly because I wanted to use a race that was already a bit inbetween from the start.
    Where is "Stony Elf" from? It doesn't seem to be in Races of Stone, and my google-fu is chop suey here.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Stony is another name for the mineral warrior template.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Also found online here!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, did we actually attract any judges this round? Can't wait for my entry to be shredded.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, did we actually attract any judges this round? Can't wait for my entry to be shredded.
    I believe not. Anyone interested?

Perhaps to make things more attractive: whoever volunteers for judging can decide the next competition's special ingredients. If you have no idea, judging is still possible: I'll look at the other suggestions in that case.

Extended signature!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

I've already got some ideas for the suggested themes so far.

...if I wasn't an entrant, I'd volunteer to judge. 3 entries is a good number form a judge's perspective - not too many to be intimidating, and not few enough so that the judging feels pointless.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd almost be willing to bounty this whole judge thing.

Although, if no judges show we could alternate back to each entrant judging the other two? As we are not judging our own stuff it's still rather unbiased...
    Last edited by weckar; 2016-09-14 at 05:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

I'd almost be willing to bounty this whole judge thing.

Although, if no judges show we could alternate back to each entrant judging the other two? As we are not judging our own stuff it's still rather unbiased...
    I think that's a decent workaround idea. I might crib that for the Villanous Comp at some point - fortunately we've just had a judge step up.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Shameless plug - new Villainous Competition is up!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Drawing-Nearer

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Still no judges?

Extended signature!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Still no judges?
    Seems to be the toughest part of running comps thesedays.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe the resident crickets can Judge

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, did your post with the cricket picture disappear?

I think it may be time to mothball this one, and maybe consider some serious retooling of the game we play here for future iterations. I still think a peer judging system would be best, because then everyone involved to judge already has a vested interest in getting the judging done. It will also help set it apart more from things like the Chef.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, cricket picture is gone.

Really bums me out that no one was willing to judge three entries...

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

All scores start at 2.5 and I add or subtract points when things please or displease me. Except for the elegance category, which starts at a score of 5 and is deducted points.

Originality:
    Bob the builder 3.0: Why kobold and not some other race? Dweomerkeeper and runesmith are cool in this assemblage. I do have some concerns about this guys early game viability for play. I am not entirely understanding how this dweomerkeeper runesmith wouldn't be better built from a dwarf in the first place.
    KinVig 3.5 Why Lupin? Wouldn't this build be about the same or better by being a gnome? Archivist into hexer is a good combo. I really like the feel of this as a character and would put it into a game as an NPC.
    Sweeping Wind a.k.a. Silly Man With Silly Bow 4.5: I'll talk about being an elf later, what source is stony elf from, or is that a template? I like your sniping shenanigans. They get more and more attractive to purloin for other builds. I get why you are an elf, but I think you should have pushed for one of those halflings that gets and extra feat or maybe a killoren for the ranged smite to offset some of the power attack problems. That aside, your build is delicious. Purely mechanically, I feel that this is the most creative build in the contest.

Power:
    Bob the builder: 4.5: You don't get ninths and thus can be defeated by another tier 1 without super tactical planning. But runes are amazingly powerful as a utility tool. Your character, beginning at level 11 finally becomes fun to play. Without a spell list, I can't really judge this more accuracy. You have the potential to be 5 despite only having access to 8ths, but I need to see what spells.
    KinVig:5 Dagnab! you soaked up all of them high power spells! On top of that you can curse peoples saves against those high power spells. Plus you maxed out knowledge devotion. This is, in my opinion the most powerful build. Thank you for the work you put into your spell list.
    Sweeping Wind a.k.a. Silly Man With Silly Bow:3. You got one ever expanding in danger combat trick. And you can use it to kill the heck out of your opponents. You didn't max out spot nearly enough, and instead focused on climb, which perplexes the living turds out of me. This build

Elegance:
    Bob the builder 5 Not inelegant on skills or feats or rules shenanigans
    KinVig: 5 Not inelegant on skills or feats or rules shenanigans
    Sweeping Wind a.k.a. Silly Man With Silly Bow: 3.5 You used a flaw....but you were a factotum and thus got access to full advance of iaijutsu and you didn't really need climb or survival except for pre-reqs so why not just bump your intelligence at the expense of your wisdom score? You used an elf to become a ruathar...a friend of his own kind? I mean the stat bonuses are cool, and it does qualify you for aereni focus, but it just seems off. Your bow hijinx require a certain type of RAW vs RAI discussion/agreement, but it's clever enough to compensate for that.

Use of Stuff:
    Bob the builder: 3.5: You use Stoneblessed for runesmith entry, you use ruathar to grow your spellcasting. You continue to grow your trap building but don't exploit magic trap crafting rules.
    KinVig:3.0 : You use stoneblessed to qualify for trivial knowledge...meh. Did you need stoneblessed? You used ruathar to grow your spellcasting.
    Sweeping Wind a.k.a. Silly Man With Silly Bow: 2.5 You don't use ruathar for anything but a bow and it's BAB is less good than a combat option. It doesn't advance your casting... Cuz you got none. You rocked the heck out of being an elfy goliath stoneblessed. I understand that you just dumped ruathar on there to comply with the competition, but you couldn't use it as well as any spellcasting class could.

Totals
    Bob the builder: 16
    KinVig:16.5
    Sweeping Wind a.k.a. Silly Man With Silly Bow: 13.5

Double check my math please.

Feel free to justify your decisions, especially if I asked questions. Ya'll inhabit your builds for days and I only spent 3 hours on this. So if there is a genius to some of the decisions you made, maybe I'm just not seeing it.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

I would have loved to judge but the times that I've tried previously, I found it overwhelmingly difficult to figure out how to tackle getting though them systematically and how to quantify my thought of the builds.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    ...judging...
    Bless you kind sir!